Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

How/why will Harry leave Privet Drive this time?

Old February 17th, 2005, 7:21 pm
Fifth Year

JK said it would be the shortest he ever stayed...now that the Dursley's have gotten notice by the OotP that they had better be NICE..or else...Mr. D. will really be glad to get rid of Harry...the sooner the better...any invitation will be accepted..and why not Longbottom...it's neutral...the Burrow...may now be tooo...um....ministry watched...Hogwarts..next best place...Grimmauld...out of the question now that Sirius is "dead" techniqually...but ...when Sirius was in Askerban...why didn't it go to the next of kin or get confiscated by the ministry....? to Harry...English law..unless by a Will by Sirius..Harry doesn't inherit...so...where...Grangers...maybe...Hermonie did invite him... so did Mrs. Weasley...but she's going to be busy , ..supposedly with the ootp...so back to Longbottom....

Old February 17th, 2005, 11:35 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinky Growl
Apologies if someone else has touched on this but I'd like to link this question with the issue of the opening chapter of HBP...JKR has said that this chapter has been 13 years in the making - that it nearly appeared in the other novels but works best in Bk 6...

Now assuming that HP leaves Privet Drive in Ch1 for a much happier reason as confirmed by JKR in the FIRST chapter - what happy reason could have occurred in any of the other books? I think it has to be something like the Quidditch World Cup (altho obv. thats been done) that could happen anytime...
I believe the first chapter of book six will be the one she cut from the original SS. I haven't read anything on it from her, but I believe it is the original chapter which told of what happened in Godric Hollow the night the Potter's died. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my hardbound copy of OoTP

Old February 17th, 2005, 11:38 pm
Seventh Year

He leaves like this:

"I"M LEAVING!!!"

..and walks right out the door.

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate."
Old February 18th, 2005, 12:50 am
Third Year

Maybe Charlie and Bill come back, Percy turns good again, and Harry goes to a huge Weasley party. Of course the Dursleys couldn't do anything about it because the possibility of Mad-Eye coming would scare the wits out of them.

Old February 18th, 2005, 1:53 am
Second Year

Harry and the Weasley's

I sopose its possible Dumbledore decides its not safe anymore for Harry at the Dursley's and Harry gets to stay and live at the Weasley's which would be very cool.

I want to find you so bad
And tell you that I'm miserable up here without you
The Prioris An amazing RPG Site you cant afford to miss out on!
Old February 18th, 2005, 2:08 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaStar_1000
I sopose its possible Dumbledore decides its not safe anymore for Harry at the Dursley's and Harry gets to stay and live at the Weasley's which would be very cool.
It would be fitting if he got to move out of Privet Drive on his 16th birthday and move in with Ron. That was the age that Sirius moved away from his parents to live at the Potters'.

Old February 18th, 2005, 2:26 am
Third Year

I heard...and this is a rumor...that he goes leaves for good reason's and goes to spinners end.

Slighly off topic, I am looking for jkr official web site v 5 thread, anybody know where it is?

Old February 18th, 2005, 2:37 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeydsngwrtr
I heard...and this is a rumor...that he goes leaves for good reason's and goes to spinners end.

Slighly off topic, I am looking for jkr official web site v 5 thread, anybody know where it is?
Go to The Common Room and check out the very first thread.

Old February 18th, 2005, 3:37 am
Sixth Year

the threat

I think harry would take advantage of the threat made by tonks,lupin & moody, just so he can leave. *sidenote I know JK has said that crookshanks is just a half - kneazle but i was re-reading the desription of a kneazle & it says it would have the tail of a lion. & the quote from behind the door hit me.

Old February 18th, 2005, 3:39 am
Fifth Year

Perhaps he'll use his broom...or the OotP will come after him again...

Old February 18th, 2005, 3:59 am
Formerly Known as 82

I personally think that plainly the trio will want to help with the Order again so after a short break-out session to there individual homes they'll all meet up again at the Order headquarters. Think it will still be Grimmauld Place?

Just here to mess with your brain, it's all very innocent I swear *Pokes*
Old February 18th, 2005, 4:05 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Perhaps he'll use his broom...or the OotP will come after him again...
have any ideas on why they'll come after him

PURE DEMOCRACY: You have two cows. Your neighbors decide who gets the milk.

PURE COMMUNISM: You have two cows. Your neighbors help you take care of them, and you all share the milk.

DICTATORSHIP: You have two cows. The government takes both and shoots you.

Search | The Forum Rules | Signature Content Policy | Hogsmeade Review Guidelines | Post/Year List

Feel free to owl me if you want some help and I'll try my best to give you a hand

Old February 20th, 2005, 4:14 am
Third Year

I agree with the birthday idea, since his sixteenth birthday is quite a significant one. I think he'll finally get a party - a surprise one I guess - maybe at Spinners End? Or is that pushing it? Either way, I don't think the Order will be very involved, and I don't think there'll be some kind of disaster like him having to run away or whatever. I think it'll just be something happy like a party, because I have a feeling that the rest of the year is going to be awful for Harry.

Old February 20th, 2005, 4:50 am
Second Year

well personally, i don't think there is a way any of us can hypothesize the REASON or the FASHION in which harry leaves the dursleys. in books #2, #3, and #5, i doubt ANYone could have predicted or hypothesize harry's reasons for leaving the dursleys? for example, who'd have thought ron, fred and george were gonna pull harry out of a caged bedroom while driving a flying ford anglia?

though, i do think that whatever reason or however which way that harry leaves the dursleys, that there is a good he will eventually celebrate his birthday with a birthday party and his friends :-). but i doubt that a birthday party IS the reason in which he leaves the dursleys.

Old February 20th, 2005, 4:57 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
I agree with the birthday idea, since his sixteenth birthday is quite a significant one.
That's the one that i think will happen to, although i'm still not giving up on the hope that maybe it's because he'll meet his grandparents. Although, there are still lots of unanswered questioned with that theory.

PURE COMMUNISM: You have two cows. Your neighbors help you take care of them, and you all share the milk.

Search | The Forum Rules | Signature Content Policy | Hogsmeade Review Guidelines | Post/Year List

Feel free to owl me if you want some help and I'll try my best to give you a hand

Old February 20th, 2005, 5:56 am
Fifth Year

I, too, agree with the birthday idea, but I also think Dumbledore will be getting him out of the Dursley household so Harry doesn't fall into a deep state of depression. I'm sure he's aware that keeping Harry locked up after such tragic events could lead to more tragic events.

Old February 21st, 2005, 1:40 am
Fifth Year

Don't think I summarized this in my original post...

SS- Harry gets to leave the Duseleys via Hagrid from the shack on the rock
CoS- Harry gets rescued by Ron, Fred, and George when they fly to Privet Drive in their Ford Anglia
PoA- Harry storms out of Privet Drive, nearly getting ran over by the Knight Bus, which then takes him to the Leaky Cauldron.
GoF- Harry gets picked up by the Weasleys and leaves by Floo Powder
OotP- Harry leaves by OotP guard. The Duseleys are lured out of the house, where then the Order flies to Privet Drive by broom, accomplying Harry to Grimmwauld Place.

Old February 21st, 2005, 1:55 am
Sixth Year

There IS a pattern there- someone always comes to take Harry out of the house. (Except in book 3, when he leaves on his own). I think a few things are most likely to happen.

1. A huge magical catastrophe happens due to Voldemort & Co. Harry is needed for a task that no one else can accomplish, and is summoned away from Privet Drive.

2. Dumbledore pulls Harry out himself, after having a very serious talk with the Dursleys. Harry begins training for the final confrontation between himself and Voldemort.

3. The ministry pulls him from Privet Drive- in order to award him a medal! (Hey, it's the complete opposite of why he was pulled out last time, and is a happier reason than last time. Plus, nobody would ever expect it.) It could be a desperate attempt by Fudge to save face with the public.

4. The last thing I can think of is that the Order members pay him a visit after he writes to them about the horrible treatment the Dursleys have been giving him. They promptly remove him after Moody turns Vernon into a one toed frog. Harry leaves laughing and in a good mood.

Old February 21st, 2005, 2:30 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
A huge magical catastrophe happens due to Voldemort & Co. Harry is needed for a task that no one else can accomplish, and is summoned away from Privet Drive.
Would you consider this more 'pleasant' than a court case, since it has the potential to involve mixing with LV and Co

Old February 21st, 2005, 3:03 am
First Year

JKs talked about Harry leaving Privet Drive the earliest he ever has in book 6. I believe we will see the end of the Dursley's, forcing Harry to be under the protection of other wizards.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies