Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

How/why will Harry leave Privet Drive this time?

Old May 6th, 2005, 3:43 am
First Year

I bet Uncle Vernon will try and restrict Harry's contact with the magical world. No one will hear from Harry and Mad eye will come to Privet Drive and "take care of business". Harry only needs to stay there once a year so I don't think he will stay with the muggles longer than a week or two. Hopefully, he will go back to the Burrow with the Weasley's.

Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2005, 3:45 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarauder
Spinner's End is the new headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix. I believe JKR herself said that...and so I believe it'll be something to do with the Order.
When did JK say that? I've never heard that, and I'd say I'm pretty good at keeping up with quotes from her. I was under the impression that she hadn't explained what any of the chapter titles meant. I thought 'Spinner's End' was no different. Correct me if I'm wrong. I would love to be!

Old May 6th, 2005, 3:47 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkins
Maybe it is for the swearing in of a new Minister of Magic, whomever it is wants Harry to be there.
That's an interesting idea.

"It occurred to Remus then that Sirius was perhaps the smartest idiot he knew. A mind so sharp it could slice through the most convoluted of puzzles, and yet so flexible it repeatedly managed to sidestep the obvious answer" - from "The Wolf Who Cried Boy"

FREE HARRY! Big Squishy Hugs for Lupin Society LOVE IS LOVE Cod Squad Anti-Spoiler

theirloveisstillsocanon
Old May 6th, 2005, 6:12 am
Third Year

Maybe Harry will be going to study with Dumbledore or someone else to learn Legimens and Occlumency, and other things that he will need. I think that Dumbledore will be training Harry more to prepare him for LV. Maybe that is why Harry will leave Privet Drive - summer holiday is the perfect time to practice with DD because DD won't be running the school as much.

"SMART IS SEXY!!!"
Old May 6th, 2005, 7:20 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyJ_83
Maybe Harry will be going to study with Dumbledore or someone else to learn Legimens and Occlumency, and other things that he will need. I think that Dumbledore will be training Harry more to prepare him for LV. Maybe that is why Harry will leave Privet Drive - summer holiday is the perfect time to practice with DD because DD won't be running the school as much.
That would be good. I think it woul be great of DD would finally give Harry sxtra training to battle in the future...rather then give him extra training just because Harry could be used against them with Voldemort in his head. DD seems to react to what Voldemort does to Harry more than being proactive about what Harry learns.

As far as Harry's shortest stay ever being this summer of book 6...So far, what has been his shortest stay?

Old May 6th, 2005, 7:47 am
Third Year

I think his shortest stay was 4 weeks in OotP, but I may be mistaken.

"tiger got to hunt - bird got to fly - man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?' ** tiger got to sleep - bird got to land - man got to tell himself he understand." -- bokonon

Old May 6th, 2005, 8:25 am
Second Year

I like to think that Dumbledore or Lupin will be training Harry and possibly some others (seeing as there are a select few that can't keep out of trouble lol!) to protect themselves and fight. Possibly continuing occlumency and legilimency (sp?) as he will need to know who is friend or foe. I've thought a few times that maybe Hogwarts will be open over the summer to all pupils who want to learn to defend themselves as Voldemorts return is public now and I think the children would want to be as prepared as possible (maybe adults too!).

However, we could all just be overspeculating. A much pleasanter reason could just be Harry being invited to the Burrow. There doesn't necessarily need to be a big reason. I do think something significant will take place over the summer though. This book will probably be full of excitement!!

Old May 6th, 2005, 10:22 am
Third Year

Birthday party seems the most likely to me. throught its possible that he may be invited by the Weasleys to stay at there place. There also the possiblity that Luna may invite him to stay at the Lovegoods. throught it alot more likely to be Weasley related i think.

My fanfic http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=100676
Old May 6th, 2005, 10:51 am
First Year

Ok, birthay party seems ok, but I don't think it's going to be the main reson, I think that once he's out side the Dursley's, doing whatever he's doing, he'll have his first birthay party, which would be nice, but still it doesn't seems to me as the main reason... the studying/practicing with Lupin or DD, it may happen but it doesn't seems as a very pleasant reason... I think that the Dursley's won't be nice with him (because they never are) and I think he will leave for Quidditch, the idea of Oliver organizing something seems nice, or maybe just practicing for next year at howarts, or who knows maybe there's a "quidditch summer camp, for future professional quidditch players".... ok, i'm over speculating here, but i think that after a year (almost) of not being able to play leave to play quidditch would be a very pleasant reason.

Old May 6th, 2005, 10:57 am
Sixth Year

I don't think that Dumbledore would really want Harry to start studying straight after leaving Hogwarts for the year. Harry has an awful lot to deal with and I don't think that he would react too well to a summer of study, even if it is with Lupin. Dumbledore, despite his misjudgments of what Harry can and can't take, is sensitive to Harry's emotions. Asking or expecting him to study over the summer when what Harry needs to do is mourn Sirius and try to come to terms with the Prophecy, could push Harry over the edge. It's always possible that Harry might ask Lupin and Moody for some DADA help later in the summer, but I really can't see this.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
Oscar Wilde
Old May 6th, 2005, 11:43 am
Second Year

On the Quidditch subject, maybe tryouts for new captain? I know this usually happens during term but something to do with Quidditch doesn't sound too far fetched. It will deffinately feel good for him to get back on his broom stick (I doubt the Dursley's will let him! imagine him coming down the stairs on it in the morning for breakfast lol! The expressions on their faces...)

Old May 6th, 2005, 12:17 pm
First Year

Maybe 'Spinners End' is where the new DADA lives and Harry goes there for lessons? He''ll probably have a birthday party there too, with his friends and members of the Order.

I think Harry must learm to apparate this year, it just wouldn't be right if Hermoine or Ron learnt to do this before Harry.

Old May 7th, 2005, 4:19 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarauder
Spinner's End is the new headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix. I believe JKR herself said that...and so I believe it'll be something to do with the Order.
When did she say that? Do you have the link? I would appreciate it if you have it.
Thanks

It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Homer Simpson

Proud member of: The Lyceum, the LDA, Moonies Loonies, Knights of the Order of St. Biclavret, Cod Squad, Big Squishy Hugs for Lupin, There will be NO death by Poking Society.
Old May 7th, 2005, 6:10 am
First Year

JKR said in an interview that Harry would be leaving Privet Drive for a pleasant reason this year. So I don't think it will be for training sessions with Dumbledore or anyone. I think it will be to pay a visit to someone in his family he din't know of before. I know we have already been told the Dursleys are Harry's only living family but I think their may be a possibility.

Old May 7th, 2005, 6:45 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjstinson1
JKR said in an interview that Harry would be leaving Privet Drive for a pleasant reason this year. So I don't think it will be for training sessions with Dumbledore or anyone. I think it will be to pay a visit to someone in his family he din't know of before. I know we have already been told the Dursleys are Harry's only living family but I think their may be a possibility.
Well, training sessions might not exactly be the most wonderful thing in the world, but they are certainly better than having to stand trial! I thought the reason was "more pleasant," not "pleasant." Please correct me if I'm wrong! However, I think it will be something much more fun. I'm hoping for a Bill-Fleur wedding. And I wouldn't object to a Hagrid-Olympe wedding or even a birthday party for Harry. Those three are the frontrunners to my mind.

Old May 7th, 2005, 7:38 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiguusmus
I don't think that Dumbledore would really want Harry to start studying straight after leaving Hogwarts for the year. Harry has an awful lot to deal with and I don't think that he would react too well to a summer of study, even if it is with Lupin. Dumbledore, despite his misjudgments of what Harry can and can't take, is sensitive to Harry's emotions.
On the other hand, Harry's emotions may well be towards more study. It must be terrible to wait still, even worse at Dursey's, when he knows that the war is going on.

Old May 7th, 2005, 7:54 am
Third Year

I think Harry will stay at the Dursley's for the shortest time ever. I think Voldemort might try and go after Harry while he's there. DD will be alerted somehow and Harry will have to go to Black's old house and stay with Tonks until school starts. They have to keep Harry safe until he learns how to defeat Voldemort.

EVERYBODY CUT FOOTLOOSE...
Old May 9th, 2005, 1:42 pm
Second Year

I think Voldemort coming after Harry is worse not better than a trial, sorry...

I don't think that Fleur and Bill will get married (not this book anyway) we hardly hear about them and I don't think it would add much to the plot. Same with Hagrid and Olympe (although I think they are more likely candidates if there is to be a wedding).

I think it must be something else. Either a plain and simple going to the Burrow (with the possibilities of a birthday party!), getting extra training (which I would say is more pleasant than a trial, even if it isn't fun. I do think it is necessary though) or something to do with Quidditch (though I'm not sure how that would fit in the summer holidays). I like the first two theories.

The first two theories could also be combined so that Harry, although training, can also relax, morn, grieve, do homework, spend time with his friends etc

Old May 9th, 2005, 1:55 pm
First Year

I think it might be to get to see his grandparents,i remember reading somewhere that JK will bring them into,but they won't be a big part.

Last edited by GrifindorHeir; May 9th, 2005 at 1:58 pm.
Old May 9th, 2005, 2:32 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrifindorHeir
I think it might be to get to see his grandparents,i remember reading somewhere that JK will bring them into,but they won't be a big part.
She will talk about Harry's grandparents but they are dead, unfortunately. Petunia is the only living relative of Harry.
I think that Harry will leave the Dursley to visit a place that he has never seen before like Hermione's house. Not Azkaban because it's suppose to be for a happy reason that he leaves but he'll definitely visit Azkaban in book 6 or 7.
In book 5, he visited the ministry of magic and St-Mungo that are places that were mentioned several times in the precedent books.
But I hope that he'll still stay at the Dursley's a reasonable time because I think it makes the fun part funnier when the dull part is longer... you know what I mean.

"Dumbledore's man through and through," said Harry. "That's right."

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies