Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

How/why will Harry leave Privet Drive this time?

Old May 15th, 2005, 5:18 am
Sixth Year

Woodencoyote:
Quote:
Yes, and that would cover learning all the promised things about James and Lily too
And it would happen in a non-forced manner. Lots of walks and talks around the table, drinking tea. I wonder though, will Ron and/or Hermione join them there?

It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Homer Simpson

Proud member of: The Lyceum, the LDA, Moonies Loonies, Knights of the Order of St. Biclavret, Cod Squad, Big Squishy Hugs for Lupin, There will be NO death by Poking Society.
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2005, 5:26 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilind
And it would happen in a non-forced manner. Lots of walks and talks around the table, drinking tea. I wonder though, will Ron and/or Hermione join them there?
I'm not leaning to it, no. I think Harry needs some some time away from everything. At the end of OotP he was feeling disconnected from the world and from his friends, I think that feeling will carry over in HBP until he is ready to tell everyone about the prophesy.

"It occurred to Remus then that Sirius was perhaps the smartest idiot he knew. A mind so sharp it could slice through the most convoluted of puzzles, and yet so flexible it repeatedly managed to sidestep the obvious answer" - from "The Wolf Who Cried Boy"

FREE HARRY! Big Squishy Hugs for Lupin Society LOVE IS LOVE Cod Squad Anti-Spoiler

theirloveisstillsocanon
Old May 15th, 2005, 5:31 am
Sixth Year

Wooden, I agree. I don't think it would be prudent for Harry to see Ron or Hermione yet. He has so much to deal with and while the two of them are well meaning, they tend to push him to talk before he's ready.
Time alone with Remus will be a time of healing. Harry needs that.
I have a question; do you think Remus knows the wording of the entire prophesy? I think DD has kept it between himself, the keeper of the prophesies and now, Harry, but I would like some thoughts on it.

It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Homer Simpson

Proud member of: The Lyceum, the LDA, Moonies Loonies, Knights of the Order of St. Biclavret, Cod Squad, Big Squishy Hugs for Lupin, There will be NO death by Poking Society.
Old May 15th, 2005, 5:37 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Wooden, I agree. I don't think it would be prudent for Harry to see Ron or Hermione yet. He has so much to deal with and while the two of them are well meaning, they tend to push him to talk before he's ready.
Yes, they can pretty pretty blunt sometimes and a little Molly-ish. As early as GoF we see Harry thinking twice about confiding in them because of how he knows they will react.
Quote:
Time alone with Remus will be a time of healing. Harry needs that.
They both do.
Quote:
I have a question; do you think Remus knows the wording of the entire prophesy? I think DD has kept it between himself, the keeper of the prophesies and now, Harry, but I would like some thoughts on it.
He knows about the prophesy and that is about Harry and LV, but I don't think he knows the specifics or has heard it for himself, no. I think you're right that the only people who have are Harry and Dumbledore.

"It occurred to Remus then that Sirius was perhaps the smartest idiot he knew. A mind so sharp it could slice through the most convoluted of puzzles, and yet so flexible it repeatedly managed to sidestep the obvious answer" - from "The Wolf Who Cried Boy"

FREE HARRY! Big Squishy Hugs for Lupin Society LOVE IS LOVE Cod Squad Anti-Spoiler

theirloveisstillsocanon
Old May 15th, 2005, 6:01 am
Sixth Year

Yeah, I think so too. I think the first person Harry will tell the entirerty (SP?) to will be Remus though. I can almost picture the scene;
Harry has just told Remus and Remus sits, shocked to hear it all. Gathering his thoughts, he speaks to Harry with such kindness in his voice, telling him the burden must be almost unbearable. It may be the first time the two touch in an intimate manner. By that, I mean a hug of some kind. Maybe an arm over Harrys shoulder while he tries to explain why it must be that way.
Makes me want to cry.

Homer Simpson

Old May 15th, 2005, 6:14 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Yeah, I think so too. I think the first person Harry will tell the entirerty (SP?) to will be Remus though. I can almost picture the scene;
Harry has just told Remus and Remus sits, shocked to hear it all. Gathering his thoughts, he speaks to Harry with such kindness in his voice, telling him the burden must be almost unbearable.
Remus would be a good person to tell because he wouldn't be disbelieving or sneery, wouldn't panic [ like Ron and Molly ] or try to give Harry instructions all at once [ like Hermione ]

Quote:
It may be the first time the two touch in an intimate manner. By that, I mean a hug of some kind. Maybe an arm over Harrys shoulder while he tries to explain why it must be that way.
Yes, I hope they get beyond the physical barriers they've had, they seem to be moving that way by the end of OotP
Quote:
Makes me want to cry.
Lets cry together

theirloveisstillsocanon

Last edited by WoodenCoyote; May 15th, 2005 at 6:27 am.
Old May 15th, 2005, 6:27 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenCoyote
Remus would be a good person to tell because he wouldn't be disbelieving or sneery, would panic [ like Ron and Molly ] or try to give Harry instructions all at once [ like Hermione ]
I don't think Hermione would react to something that important by giving Harry a lot of instructions (although she'd have to stop herself conciously). After all, Hermione does understand emotions really well. However, Harry thinks that Hermione would react this way, which is in the end what matters.

Old May 15th, 2005, 4:33 pm
Second Year

JKR has said that the reason he leaves Privet Drive is more pleasant...

The second chapter: Spinners End sounded like a place (where Harry isheaded). And it turns out there is a street in Bristol with the same name. And it has a bike shop on it.

I suggested this idea on another thread, that perhaps Harry inherits his Godfather's motorbike, and goes to pick it up from a bike shop where Hagrid had taken it, and then Hagrid will teach him to drive/fly it. How old do you have to be to drive in Great Britian?

Old May 15th, 2005, 4:43 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasha
The second chapter: Spinners End sounded like a place (where Harry isheaded). And it turns out there is a street in Bristol with the same name. And it has a bike shop on it.

I suggested this idea on another thread, that perhaps Harry inherits his Godfather's motorbike, and goes to pick it up from a bike shop where Hagrid had taken it, and then Hagrid will teach him to drive/fly it. How old do you have to be to drive in Great Britian?
I think that there's a motorbike shop in Spinners End is really just a fun concidence. JK wouldn't send Harry to pick up the bike from there exactly [ or if she does, she won't mention it by name because thats very product-placement-y ]

theirloveisstillsocanon
Old May 15th, 2005, 6:05 pm
First Year

I dont know if it will be anything exciting, its good to see everyone elses ideas, im not very creative, so im just gonna say he moves in with the Weasleys.

Old May 15th, 2005, 8:42 pm
Second Year

I am going to change my original speculation of celebration of all his Owls (I just re-read book 5) and suggest that George and Fred - take all that money they have earned in their new joke shop and treat the entire family to a weekend at the beach and Harry is invited. He will just stay the rest of the summer with the Weasleys as a convenience to the Dursleys. What I haven't worked out yet is the security needed around Harry.

Old May 15th, 2005, 11:50 pm
Fifth Year

As for the motorcycle thing, JK said the location of the motorcycle since it's original appearance in SS is a place where most of us probably could guess. I say Hagrid's, as it sounds very reasonable enough. So, I don't think he will be visiting a bike shop lol.

Old May 16th, 2005, 4:37 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
I dont know if it will be anything exciting, its good to see everyone elses ideas, im not very creative, so im just gonna say he moves in with the Weasleys.
He'll have to go back next summer and live with his aunt and uncle. At least for a while anyway.

PURE DEMOCRACY: You have two cows. Your neighbors decide who gets the milk.

PURE COMMUNISM: You have two cows. Your neighbors help you take care of them, and you all share the milk.

DICTATORSHIP: You have two cows. The government takes both and shoots you.

Search | The Forum Rules | Signature Content Policy | Hogsmeade Review Guidelines | Post/Year List

Feel free to owl me if you want some help and I'll try my best to give you a hand

Old May 16th, 2005, 4:36 pm
Second Year

I think we are all agreed that Harry will need to stay in Privet Drive for at least a wee while (2 weeks, less...?) But I think the reason he will leave could be a few different ones that I have mentioned already. Stay with the Weasleys, tuition for defence, (either just Harry and co. or open to anyone), stay at Hogwarts, stay at 12 GP but not sure about that one. It could be a combination of some like staying at Weasleys and getting tuition.

I think it will be 2 weeks or less in Privet Drive. I think it says somewhere that he needs to stay for a week each year so I don't see the need for him to stay much longer and I think others will think the same. If he needs to go back for protection he can. Maybe they could set up a port key that only they know about and not the dursleys so he can get back if he needs to...

Old May 22nd, 2005, 8:56 am
Professor of Grooviness

Version 2!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies