Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

How/why will Harry leave Privet Drive this time?

Old July 14th, 2004, 3:26 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammi
I don't think we'll ever see another summer that Harry spends entirely at the Dursleys. I think in book 6 he will probaly end up with ROn or the order. I doubt there will be an attack on HErmione's family, though we can't really be sure can we
Ya he is probably spend time with Ron, or the Order because Ron's mom said that she will try to get him out of there.
It won't be danger because he is protected from it because of his mothers blood (as told by Dumbledore).
Or there might be another wizard world event (like the Quiditch Cup), which he will go to see.

Old July 14th, 2004, 3:30 am
First Year

I think that foronce Harry will have a peacfulsummer, picked up by Order members are then taken to 9 3/4

Old July 14th, 2004, 4:01 am
Second Year

Something that will be interesting though; Petuina knows Harry saved Dudlys life...Because she knows about Dementors. I wonder if that will affect her treatment towards Harry... I mean Dudly is in debt to Harry now anyways.

Old July 14th, 2004, 4:10 am
Sixth Year

I think it will be Harry's conscious. How can Harry stay on Privet Drive knowing that his friends (his whole world) are under attack by Voldemort. After Dumbledore dropped the prophecy in his lap and them put him on the train back to the Dursley's - this will be heavy on his mind. He understands that he is the one who can end it all.... I know this would drive me insane....

Old July 14th, 2004, 4:15 am
Fifth Year

I think someone from the Order will come and get him. They all know that he is grieving over Sirius's death, and I doubt they would make him stay somewhere he is unhappy for too long.

Old July 14th, 2004, 4:19 am
First Year

wbp9999 i ablsolutely love your quotes! i love catch-22!!!

i think it would be cool if harry went back to grimmauld place. he definately needs to confront his grief and anger at sirius' death. going to sirius' house and looking at all the old remnants of his godfather's life would accomplish that, believe me. and getting over all that sadness, although not forgetting it, would make it so he can still function and try to accomplish things (unlike at the end of 5), plus jkr said that his stay at privet drive would be the shortest yet.

Old July 14th, 2004, 4:23 am
Second Year

I think Sirius' death may have mellowed Harry to an extent. Now I think Harry realizes the real threats involved when dealing with the whole war between good and evil. So I Harry will willingly stay at the Dursleys until maybe the day or week before School starts back because now he's aware of the protection. Also, I don't think much will be going on with the Order in the beggining and now that Harry knows everything he won't be as sheltered from information at the Dursleys

Old July 14th, 2004, 4:47 am
First Year

i agree that sirius' death may have a silver lining. before he was a little cavalier about facing voldemort, because he had gotten away from him three times. now he knows the risks, and he'll be a little more cautious and level-headed next time.

Old July 14th, 2004, 12:11 pm
Sixth Year

I think the Order will move somewhere else again because of Kreacher. There will probably be another advanced guard. Another garden contest ? Or maybe the cleanest kitchen award . Wow, the Dursleys are so gullible!

Old July 14th, 2004, 12:17 pm
First Year

`We'll see you soon, mate,' said Ron anxiously, shaking Harry's hand.
`Really soon, Harry' said Hermione earnestly. `We promise.'

Hermione seems to have Plans to make it a short Holiday at the Dursley's. Unless something bad happens I'm sure she'll stick to her promise. Unless Ron and Hermione is coming to stay at the Dursley's. lol, that would be a nice sight to see

Feel Free to Message me on MSN/AIM/ICQ, I'm always bored to death on the net! I won't bite. Check Profile for details!
Old July 14th, 2004, 2:11 pm
Second Year

whichever the case, I believe Harry will be collected from Privet Drive. He will not risk putting himself in danger...after the death of sirius, he is going to realise he has to rein in his emotions if he is to stand any chance against Voldemort. Maybe he might be removed for extra training or simply to assist him in overcoming his grief more quickly. It is also possible, of course, that the wards at Privet Drive might fall once he reaches his 16th birthday...just a thought. Something or other might cause the protective wards to come down. Maybe he might have to leave for the reading of Sirius' Will or for his funeral? Who knows. But I do not think he will be returning to Grimmauld place this time. For some reason, I believe he might end up at Hogwarts for the remainder of Summer.

Old July 14th, 2004, 7:57 pm
Second Year

Quote:
For some reason, I believe he might end up at Hogwarts for the remainder of Summer.
Hmmm, wouldn't that be interesting? Dunno how likely it is, but interesting still. We could see just what the teachers do when they aren't teaching if they are there year-round. Also, I seem to remember something (in an interview with JKR I think) about some of the Hogwart's teachers being married or having families, but that information was kept restricted for some reason. Perhaps we could find out who's married... McGonagall? Flitwick? Dumbledore? Snape?!?

Qui suis - je?
Old July 14th, 2004, 11:14 pm
First Year

I don't think this has been mentioned in this thread, but Rowling gave a quote a little while ago at the World Book Day Interview that said:
Quote:
Adele: Will poor Harry be stuck at the Dursleys' all next summer?
JK Rowling replies -> Not all summer, no. In fact, he has the shortest stay in Privet Drive so far.
What could cause his summer to be so short?

As we read in GoF, Voldemort is no longer affected by the old magic (dying out of love) that Lily had put on Harry before she died. This is because Harry's blood was used to bring Voldemort back. Now that this has happened, perhaps he has no protection under Aunt Petunia anymore?

Maybe this will cause either a death eater, or even Voldemort himself to come to Privet Drive. But I'm sure there will be a guard around there. Maybe once they see how unsafe it is they will have to bring him to Grimmauld Place?

Well thats my theory. What do you guys think could cause Harry's summer to be so short?

"If there's one thing I hate more than any other, it's an Unfounded Theory that walked free."

Old July 15th, 2004, 1:00 am
Fifth Year

This is a coming of age story. What are we missing so far in coming of age? Harry will get a summer job! He's going to work in Fred & George's joke shop

To do this he'll take out a room in the Leaky Cauldron for the summer or stay at 12GP and commute daily to number 93, Diagon Alley.

xray

Proud member of the Weasley Defense League
Old July 15th, 2004, 1:12 am
Third Year

Even if Petunia and Dudley might well be kinder to Harry, I can't see Uncle Vernon doing it too. I think he will be horrid to Harry once again, and the OOTP will arrive to show him they meant what they said and to take Harry away.

Old July 15th, 2004, 1:35 am
First Year

[quote=Auror77]People have talked about this but I'm sure no one's posted about it yet. But do any of you guys think that something "chaotic" will occur or some type of event will drive Harry out of Privet Drive. What I mean is, how you think Harry will get back to the wizarding wrld? In book2, the Weasley boys drove him out; book3, he ran away from Privet and escaped on a Knight bus; book4, Weasleys came and got him; book5, he was taken to Gp12 by Order members. Do you think he will be picked up again or something terrible will happen that will make Harry leave. Some people have said there might be an attack on the Granger family that will make Harry want to go help them. I seriously doubt this, but if something like this DID happen, I figure it would be a trap by Voldemort to lure Harry to him. [/Q
actually i think that the weasley's will come and take him again because in the end of the fifth book ron says that they will have him out of the dursleys soon real soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrierMom
Even if Petunia and Dudley might well be kinder to Harry, I can't see Uncle Vernon doing it too. I think he will be horrid to Harry once again, and the OOTP will arrive to show him they meant what they said and to take Harry away.
i agree with you totally that petunia will be nicer to harry but i am not sure if Uncle Vernon will let dudley like him but it may be true but i am not sure. if vernon did end up liking harry then he would have gone completely wack!!!

Old July 15th, 2004, 4:00 am
First Year

Since it is definite that this will be harry's shortest stay at privite drive i think the something dealing with the Order might take him to 12-Gr. Possibilly an invitation to join OotP, I mean after the OWL's he can do magic outside of school and he has probibly faced LV one on one more than anyone but DD. Or JKR could use the time he's away to give some history on his parents and his family tree, like possibly the discovory of his fathers side of the family?

Old July 15th, 2004, 4:22 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuFF
As we read in GoF, Voldemort is no longer affected by the old magic (dying out of love) that Lily had put on Harry before she died. This is because Harry's blood was used to bring Voldemort back. Now that this has happened, perhaps he has no protection under Aunt Petunia anymore?

Maybe this will cause either a death eater, or even Voldemort himself to come to Privet Drive. But I'm sure there will be a guard around there. Maybe once they see how unsafe it is they will have to bring him to Grimmauld Place?
Actually, I think that Voldemort can still be affected by the old magic. Remember when Harry thought of what it would be like to be reunited with Sirius at the end of OotP? Voldemort left his body as a result of the emotion he felt about it. I think that the old magic is still there, just Harry needs to learn how to use it to the best of his ability.

As for Privet Drive, I don't think, even with guards, that a DE or Voldemort could find it. I actually kind of think that there is a secrete keeper as to where Harry lives (like Dumbledore). It would make sense why no one has gone after him so far.

Old July 15th, 2004, 4:39 am
Second Year

I really and truly think that, as this war is heating up, Harry's stay at Privet Drive will be so short because there will be an attack.

It would make me really happy if another Evans sister existed and JKR had her storm in on the Dursley's at dinner, scare the daylights out of Petunia, and take Harry back to Grimmauld Place (and her name would be Violet...hehehe).

However, I don't think this is at all likely (it'd make for some great fanfiction, though...). I'm hedging my bets on an attack of some sort (though probably not by Voldemort himself; he'll send his minions).

Old July 15th, 2004, 5:42 am
First Year

If I recall, Bellatrix Lestrange and Peter Pettigrew are the only Death Eaters not locked up in Azkaban. Unless you think Lucius knows a "useless muggle skill" like picking locks, it will take a little bit of time before he's released, especially now that the Ministry has its eyes open to the rebirth of Voldemort.

I don't see Bella or Peter showing up at Number 4 Privet Drive. Harry has too much of a vendetta against the two of them, and they fear death just as much as Voldemort does. Bella may consider Harry a baby, but she's come to the realization that he's not as weak as she thought.

It is more likely that something rather unexpected will occur that will draw Harry away. It may be an attack of some sort, but not at Privet Drive. It may be a funeral. It may be simply an invitation to come join Hermione and Ron for the majority of the summer holiday.

In any case, Harry will be leaving before his birthday; the shortest stay at Number 4 Privet Drive yet.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies