Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

How/why will Harry leave Privet Drive this time?

Old July 15th, 2004, 10:17 am
Sixth Year

I think Harry will HAVE to stay at the Dursleys even if for a very short time. If not, DD would have let him stay at Hogwarts the last time he asked him. But i think the hint Hermione gave to Harry at the end of OotP in the train station was intentionally there to show that, as JK has said, Harry will have his shorteset stay at Privet Drive.

Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2004, 6:29 pm
First Year

OK. I read this thread last night and spent a long time coming up with what I think will happen. Here's my theory:

Harry and Petunia have a long involved conversation explaining alot and giving us vital background. Uncle Vernon comes home. About an hour or so later Voldemort (or a DE) shows up at the house. Kills Petunia, Vernon and Dudley. Harry runs out of the house to find Mrs. Figg so she can contact DD or the Order for help, she meets him in the middle of the street and they run to her backyard where there is Lupin and a portkey waiting for them. They are almost there when Voldemort comes up behind them. Mrs. Figg pushes Harry toward Lupin and turns around and does something and we find out that she has magical powers afterall.

Harry and Lupin end up at Lupin's house (whereever that is) which is now the new Order HQ's since they don't trust Kracher anymore. There he is reunited with Ron, Hermonie and the Weasley's.

I have no clue how long after he returns home this would be, but that is my theory. I think Mrs. FIgg will turn up to be the one with magical powers and save Harry. She'll end up stalled Voldemort long enough for Lupin and Harry to get away and then, unfortunately, she will probably be killed.

So, what do you think?

Addition to original theory:

Maybe Mrs. Figg gets Harry and takes him to Lupin in the backyard because they know of impending danger and they just get going on the portkey when Voldemort showed up at 4 Privet Drive. He still kills the family because he believes they are hiding Harry and then searches the house. But before she dies, Petunia does some kind of magic trying to protect Dudley or Mrs. Figg?

Old July 15th, 2004, 7:19 pm
Second Year

I think several events are going to occur to drive Harry out of Privet Drive in Book 6. I don't think Voldemort himself is going to show up, but a Death Eater (or 2) or some other type of creature on Voldemort's side is going to make an attack near Privet Drive. Petunia is going to "find she has magic late in life" as we know one character will and protect Harry and her family. Harry is gonna be taken immediately following this and possibly the Dursley's will need to go into hiding. If Petunia had magical powers now, then I'm not sure if she'd pursue further or of it'd just be a one time thing for protection of her family.

Old July 15th, 2004, 8:01 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliweasley
1) if Harry spends the whole summer at the Dursley's- which could be very interesting- he will hve a lot of help and support from his friends.
i dont think he could get much support from his friends since they probley wont be sending many letters, in fear that it might get intercepted by voldy.

Old July 16th, 2004, 4:13 am
Sixth Year

He has to stay there for at least a couple weeks to keep the magic working. Personally, I think that he will stay for a long chunk, and hopefully we will find out how Petunia knows so much, when she shunned Lily. Of course, I'd expect information like that near the end, not the beggining.

The Dementors could come again. They had already stopped working with the ministry and joined Voldemort in the middle of OotP. But that would be the same thing happening again two books in a row.

I don't think that it could be a Deatheater because if Voldemort can't get there, then the Death Eaters definitly cannot find Harry on Privet Drive.

Me: Of course I'm Hannah Abbot!
Old July 16th, 2004, 4:23 am
Third Year

dont forget in book 1 hagrid came and rescued him i think that in book 6 harry mite actually stay the entire time or maybe it mite be the last tim he goes there...perhaps because LV can touch him now the love thing wont work nemore

Old July 16th, 2004, 4:50 am
First Year

no jk already said somewhere that harry has the shortest stay at privet drive, and hermione doing the hinting strikes me as if harry is going to her house maybe to get away from the magical world for a while to protect him

Old July 16th, 2004, 5:49 am
Second Year

I think the attack on the Grangers is not at all a far fetched idea. Not so much the parents (cause Harry doesn't know them) but on Hermione. The death eaters are trying to lure Harry out, and what better way then to attack the people most important to him after Sirius, and Ron is better protected then Hermione because he is surrounded by wizards.

Old July 16th, 2004, 6:16 am
Third Year

It's probably because he will be of age next year and he will take his apparation test. He ether stays long enough so the magic will still work and go take the apparation test, or he will take the apparation test while he is at the dursleys and once it is ok for him to leave he will just apparate away.

Old July 19th, 2004, 12:17 am
Third Year

I think he'll stay as long as he can because he is safe there, which is what Dumbledore wants. Possibly an attack could drive him out, but since DD said he's safe there...

Old August 8th, 2004, 5:20 pm
Third Year

Just thought I would through this idea out (not sure if it has been mentioned here/other threads):

Thought this would make an interesting plot twist type scenario. By whatever protection is on Harry he must spend a least 1 day with the Dursleys because of the blood tie. If the Dursleys were killed before Harry's return from Hogwarts at the end of the 6th year, he won't be able to have his one day with them and thus lifting the protection, making him more vulnerable for the presumed fight with Voldemort at the end of Book 7. It would add to the suspense and make the outcome much more interesting.

Just say no to spoilers!
Old August 8th, 2004, 7:19 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammi
I don't think we'll ever see another summer that Harry spends entirely at the Dursleys. I think in book 6 he will probaly end up with ROn or the order. I doubt there will be an attack on HErmione's family, though we can't really be sure can we
Please DOnt TAlk like a CHILd.

I think that also, we will not see him or maybe here very much about the Dursleys again, which I feel a shame because it gave a nice welcome to the start of the book adding some humour to it Nontheless, the Dark Lord will never find Harry at Privet Drive, Why? Dumbledore is the secret keeper, unless he spills the beans

Old August 8th, 2004, 7:28 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz
Please DOnt TAlk like a CHILd.

I think that also, we will not see him or maybe here very much about the Dursleys again, which I feel a shame because it gave a nice welcome to the start of the book adding some humour to it Nontheless, the Dark Lord will never find Harry at Privet Drive, Why? Dumbledore is the secret keeper, unless he spills the beans
Voldemort already knows where #4 Privet Drive is. From GoF (American edition page 657)

Quote:
DD invoked an ancient magic, to ensure the boy's preotection as long as he is in his relations' care. Not even I can touch him there...
LV has spies in the MoM, where they keep records of where all witches and wizards live. Remember wanting to check the records on Mrs. Figgs to see if she was registered as living near Harry. I don't believe I've ever read that DD is the secret keeper for the Dursley's, only the Order. Did I miss something, or do you have anything that says DD is secret keeper for the Durselys?

Old August 8th, 2004, 7:36 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallybrunette
Just thought I would through this idea out (not sure if it has been mentioned here/other threads):

Thought this would make an interesting plot twist type scenario. By whatever protection is on Harry he must spend a least 1 day with the Dursleys because of the blood tie. If the Dursleys were killed before Harry's return from Hogwarts at the end of the 6th year, he won't be able to have his one day with them and thus lifting the protection, making him more vulnerable for the presumed fight with Voldemort at the end of Book 7. It would add to the suspense and make the outcome much more interesting.
Whoa, that's a scary thought, but very true! If Voldemort ever figures out that it's all he has to do to make Harry vulnerable, I bet he'd take the first chance he had to get the Dursleys! Now you've frightened me, legallybrunette. Nice one.

Old August 8th, 2004, 7:42 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallybrunette

woah. maybe. does voldermort know about the significance of the dursleys? If he didn't the second he found out he'd be off to privit drive I would expect. but there must be more spells and enchatments securing harry's saftey.

well back to the Topic at hand, JKR did say that this would be harry's shortest summer with the dursleys. Somebody must come to get him. I can't see harry enjoying a summer at grimraud place aka sirius's house! it must be the burrow.

Old August 8th, 2004, 7:51 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I dont know about the Death Eaters or Voldemort attacking the Dursleys in my opinion not a very good thing to do. Dumbledore has said that he watches harry more then he knows so i would say dumbledore will definatly not allow something like that to happen. I think he might leave early just because Harry needs to be in the wizarding world he is the only one that can kill voldemort he needs to know whats going on at all times. I also do think that petunia will start letting harry know some about her past mabe when vernon and dudley are away. Mabe he leaves because Petunia gets caught telling harry what she knows. I don tknow what could drive him out but i really dont see voldmort attacking unless he knows why harry lives with the muggles

Elizebeth: Barbosa marry us.
(best movie scene ever!)

"

Will Turner: "It depends on the one day.
Old December 22nd, 2004, 11:21 pm
First Year

I don't think Privet dr will be attacked in the begging of book 6. I am pretty sure I heard that JK said he left for a happier reason. Apperiating test, maybe a birthday party, something good. not something bad like an attack anywhere

Old December 23rd, 2004, 12:23 am
Banned

JK said it was a good reason and not a trial or anything.

Old December 23rd, 2004, 1:48 am
Fourth Year

I think he'll be invited to something.. like a Wizards concert or something else by either Ron or Hermione. Sorta like what happened with the Quiditch World Cup in the fourth book... exept that it happens earlier in this one (second chapter maybe?)

Old December 23rd, 2004, 2:00 am
First Year

[quote=winky weasley]Harry and Petunia have a long involved conversation explaining alot and giving us vital background. Uncle Vernon comes home. About an hour or so later Voldemort (or a DE) shows up at the house. Kills Petunia, Vernon and Dudley. So, what do you think?QUOTE]

But JKrowling said that Harry will be leaving his aunt and uncle's house because of good reasons, not bad.

Number of text lines used.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies