Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

How/why will Harry leave Privet Drive this time?

Old December 23rd, 2004, 3:17 am
First Year

I agree with the idea that something good will happen to Harry over the summer. JK said that it was something "pleasant" anyway. So I'm guessing it's either an event, like the Quidditch Cup (probably not because JK isn't redundant) with Ron and Hermione. Or maybe something related to Quidditch or apparition. It couldn't be birthday-related though because his birthday is late, and according to JK, he has his shortest stay at Privet Drive in this book.

Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2004, 5:40 am
Fourth Year

Maybe... training? for the upcoming war and his fight with Voldemort...

He could be relocated to Godric's Hollow (i think thats where the Gryffindor adult crowd goes in the summer including the teachers. a sort of sanctuary for them...) and be trained by variouse Order members or some of Dumbledore's other friends who aren't in the Order. They could maybe dropp by and teach him a thing or to (including aparation and disaparation?) and then go off on their Order business. That way he could be all caught up with the Order's goings on. He could also see the place where his house used to be before Voldemort attacked him and destroyed it.

Old December 24th, 2004, 5:51 am
Hogwarts Graduate

It will be something happier then last time. Mabe Dumbldore will have some things to discuss with him before term starts. Or mabe he will just get to spend time with the weasleys. I guess we will se in 7 months

Elizebeth: Barbosa marry us.
(best movie scene ever!)

"

Will Turner: "It depends on the one day.
Old December 24th, 2004, 5:54 am
Second Year

In an interview J.K.Rowling says that harry will be leaving dursleys for a good reason. could this mean returning of Sirius?

I know I'am talking silly, that Sirius is dead but I still doubt or rather hope the above could be true.

Old December 24th, 2004, 10:12 am
Third Year

I think that Harry will leave early to go to Bill and Fleur's wedding (or maybe to Hagrid's and Madame Maxime's). Jo has said he leaves for a much more pleasant reason than a trial, and that he has the shortest stay ever at the Dursley's. June weddings are very popular, so maybe Harry will just be home a couple of weeks before leaving for such a wedding! That would be great for him, because he could have something happy to think about. Of course, he might compare the wedding to his parents' and remember how Sirius was laughing at their wedding, but I think it would also make him happy to celebrate. Additionally, if he leaves in June, he can celebrate his birthday with friends for the first time in his life.

Old December 24th, 2004, 10:35 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by winky weasley
OK. I read this thread last night and spent a long time coming up with what I think will happen. Here's my theory:

Harry and Petunia have a long involved conversation explaining alot and giving us vital background. Uncle Vernon comes home. About an hour or so later Voldemort (or a DE) shows up at the house. Kills Petunia, Vernon and Dudley. Harry runs out of the house to find Mrs. Figg so she can contact DD or the Order for help, she meets him in the middle of the street and they run to her backyard where there is Lupin and a portkey waiting for them. They are almost there when Voldemort comes up behind them. Mrs. Figg pushes Harry toward Lupin and turns around and does something and we find out that she has magical powers afterall.

Harry and Lupin end up at Lupin's house (whereever that is) which is now the new Order HQ's since they don't trust Kracher anymore. There he is reunited with Ron, Hermonie and the Weasley's.

I have no clue how long after he returns home this would be, but that is my theory. I think Mrs. FIgg will turn up to be the one with magical powers and save Harry. She'll end up stalled Voldemort long enough for Lupin and Harry to get away and then, unfortunately, she will probably be killed.

So, what do you think?

Addition to original theory:

Maybe Mrs. Figg gets Harry and takes him to Lupin in the backyard because they know of impending danger and they just get going on the portkey when Voldemort showed up at 4 Privet Drive. He still kills the family because he believes they are hiding Harry and then searches the house. But before she dies, Petunia does some kind of magic trying to protect Dudley or Mrs. Figg?
This is an interesting theory but i'm questioning it simply because jk mentioned that this time Harry would leave the Dursley's for a much HAPPIER reason than before, and this sort of seems to morbid. I simply thought that Harry's short stay was because he was taken to spent most of the holidays with Ron and the Order, and I actually believe that he may stating some of his 'training' for when he has to fight LV (this is being discussed in divinations). That seems pretty bland compared to yours but you have to admit its happier

PURE DEMOCRACY: You have two cows. Your neighbors decide who gets the milk.

PURE COMMUNISM: You have two cows. Your neighbors help you take care of them, and you all share the milk.

DICTATORSHIP: You have two cows. The government takes both and shoots you.

Search | The Forum Rules | Signature Content Policy | Hogsmeade Review Guidelines | Post/Year List

Feel free to owl me if you want some help and I'll try my best to give you a hand

Old December 24th, 2004, 10:43 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha
This is an interesting theory but i'm questioning it simply because jk mentioned that this time Harry would leave the Dursley's for a much HAPPIER reason than before, and this sort of seems to morbid.
haha's right. Jk did say Harry will leave the Dursleys for a more enjoyable activity. I personally think he'll go to the Burrow as usual. But what if this year he will be an exchange student? Just a theory...

'Well, I can certainly see why we're trying to keep them alive. Who wouldn't want pets that can burn, sting, and bite all at once?', Draco Malfoy

Here's my fanfic-->Harry Potter and the Shadows of the Forest
And leave me some feedback please
Old December 24th, 2004, 10:52 am
Toodles

I think that he will go and visit Hermione at her house, then head to the burrow to see Ron.

Old December 25th, 2004, 12:40 pm
First Year

What about a...

Ive thought about this one, what about if he attends a Wizard wedding, like maybe Percy and Pennelope? Just a thought but i was also thinking that he might actually get to see Hermiones house for the first time.

Old December 25th, 2004, 2:44 pm
Third Year

I'm looking forward to seeing the "happier" reason that Harry leaves Privet Drive. I love the idea of a wizard wedding, but I doubt we'll see Percy and Penelope get together that quickly into the book. Percy hadn't mended the rift with his family as of the end of OotP, that we know of. It would seem a little sudden to have a big enough wedding that Harry would be invited.

I love the idea of Harry getting a summer job, too, but since money is the last thing he has to worry about, I don't really see that happening either.

Certainly nothing like an attack on Privet Drive or anywhere else, since that wouldn't be a "happier reason than a trial".

My own pet theory has to do with the chapter titles that JKR released. The second chapter is called "Spinners End". I think that has to do with where the Evans sisters grew up, and that Harry goes there and learns more about Lily.We know we won't see much of the Dursleys, but that doesn't mean we can't find out a lot more about Lily, and there are some huge questions still to be answered, such as the significance of her and Harry's green eyes. I'd like to see someone (possibly Lupin or even the Weasleys) take Harry there.

Old December 25th, 2004, 5:10 pm
Third Year

Whatvdo you think might drive harry out of Privet Drive again

I think Sirius made a will that said something like harry gets to own Grimmauld place and the order needs to have his permission to use it.

Old December 26th, 2004, 4:22 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttb
Ive thought about this one, what about if he attends a Wizard wedding, like maybe Percy and Pennelope? Just a thought but i was also thinking that he might actually get to see Hermiones house for the first time.
From the time Jo said that Harry would leave Privet Drive for a happy reason I thought it could be one of two things.

1. He leaves to celebrate his birthday complete with a party

or

2. He leaves to attend a wedding. But I think it's more likely to be Bill Weasley and Fleur DeLacour since Percy had not mended fences with his family at the end of OoTP.

The Holy Bible: King James Version. 2000.

The Book of the Prophet
Isaiah
Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old December 26th, 2004, 8:27 am
Second Year

A wedding -- what a lovely idea! And it gives Hermione another reason to get dressed up and dazzle the boys (come on now, you know she can!)
Hmmm... does visiting Privet Drive mean that the Dursleys have to be there, too? They may have taken an extended lease on that rustic island getaway from the first book.

Old December 26th, 2004, 9:50 pm
Fifth Year

Funny, I started this thread like a year ago before the 'more enjoyable reason' came up in a interview but yet this thread leaves on lol. Anyway, some people mention that there may be a wedding for Percy and Penelope. Of course it's possible, but I don't see it happening in my crystal ball. Do we even know if Percy and Penelope are still a couple? I don't believe it's mentioned anywhere in OotP about things between them?

Old December 29th, 2004, 6:04 am
First Year

Term ends late in June. Harry's O.W.L.S arrive sometime in July. Dumbledore sees that Harry and the D.A. members all got Outstanding scores in DADA and hires Harry as the new DADA teacher. Harry leaves for Hogwarts to begin preparing the curriculum OR Harry is asked to help the less fortunate 5th/6th year students catch up with their studies.

Not as happy as a wedding, but feasible.

"Follow the spiders... I'll never forgive Hagrid." - Ron
Old December 29th, 2004, 9:20 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNice2Aragog
Term ends late in June. Harry's O.W.L.S arrive sometime in July. Dumbledore sees that Harry and the D.A. members all got Outstanding scores in DADA and hires Harry as the new DADA teacher. Harry leaves for Hogwarts to begin preparing the curriculum OR Harry is asked to help the less fortunate 5th/6th year students catch up with their studies.

Not as happy as a wedding, but feasible.
Haha, brilliant. Well... since JK isn't in the mood of repeating concepts I guess we could rule out a birthday celebration from the second book.

The third book basically ruled out leaving in anger, which JK has already clarified will not happen

The fourth book showed the Weasleys making an entrance.... hmmm... well, I supposed that the second and fourth were dim repetitions but for certainly different reasons. This leaves way that perhaps the Weasleys could make yet another entrance

The fifth showed "powerful rescueing" figures coming to his house. So I don't think we'll have anyone of great power in need to transport Harry to safety.

Wow... so.... I actually support the OWL theory. I don't believe in a wedding or anything due to Harry actually getting an "invitation" which would lead back to book 2.

Ok, enough blabbing, I believe in the O.W.L. theory in which the Weasleys will come and take him to a party or such. My two cents.

Old December 29th, 2004, 9:41 am
First Year

I love the OWL theory, but I doubt that will happen. I think it will be some sort of a party or perhaps Harry feels its time for him to take a trip, so he goes and travels, I doubt it, but ya never know.

Old December 29th, 2004, 9:50 am
Unspeakable

I like the ide of him leaving for Bill and Fleur's wedding, but I got Quidditch Through the Ages for Christmas. It mentions the Museum of Quidditch in London. Is it posssible that the Weasleys could take Harry there in an attempt to cheer him up?

I haven't read this whole thread, so sorry if that's already been mentioned.

Old December 29th, 2004, 9:55 am
First Year

I think maybe petunia would say something really bad about Harry's parents which will eventually drive him mad..

Old December 29th, 2004, 9:57 am
Unspeakable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementorsekiss
I think maybe petunia would say something really bad about Harry's parents which will eventually drive him mad..
That could happen, but JKR has already said that Harry will be leaving for much more pleasant reasons than he did in book 5 with the trial and all.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies