Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

How/why will Harry leave Privet Drive this time?

Old December 29th, 2004, 9:09 am
Fifth Year

Short summer

I am one of those who believes there will be an attack on Privet Drive, however this will not be in the sixth book. After all as already mentioned JKR has herself said that Harry will leave the house for a pleasant reason. As for those who think that Harry will stay all summer, she has also said that Harry's stay with the Dursleys will be his shortest one yet, wich means less than four weeks.

Last edited by JessicaH; December 29th, 2004 at 9:13 am.
Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2004, 9:20 am
Toodles

I think that Harry will leave to go and visit Hermione at her house, before heading to the Order, after all we havn't really even met Hermiones parents yet, something I am sure we will do before theh end of the series.

Old December 29th, 2004, 8:59 pm
First Year

I don't know if this has been brought up, and I admit it's a little (ok, a lot) far-fetched, but I just had this thought... Jo said that this time Harry will leave Privet Drive for a good reason right? So I was thinking that maybe - get ready for it - Bill and Fleur will get married!!! lol
It probably won't happen, and I can see no actual clues in the books that support this other than the fact that Bill and Fleur are dating, or should I say having "private English lessons" together but who knows? It might just happen!

Old December 29th, 2004, 11:11 pm
Second Year

I think Harry will leave the dursley early (chapter 2 cause the first one will be a flashback). Harry will go with the order. I don´t know if it will be grimmauld place now that Sirius is...eh..."gone"

Old December 30th, 2004, 7:30 pm
Second Year

I reckon it will be something to do with the Weasleys (there are so many of them how could it not be ). Maybe Fred and George are forced to present Mrs. Weasley with the investor of their joke shop and they use it as an excuse to get Harry away from the Dursleys? Okay, not very likely I know but still I think it would be funny - imagine Mrs Weasley realizing Harry started the twins' shop off!

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.... - Carl Zwanzig

92% of teens moved on to rap music. If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig.
Old December 30th, 2004, 8:53 pm
Second Year

Occlumency

I think it will be to take Occlumency lessons from Dumbeldore.
I mean, think about it. Harry has the one thing Voldemort needs... the prophecy (well the memory) and he is likekly to invade his thoughts again to aqquire it. I think Dumbeldore will take him from Privet drive so they can continue Occlumency so Harry won't b e so vulnerable to Voldemort.
That's just my thoughts, though.

Old December 30th, 2004, 9:00 pm
Second Year

i like the bill and fleur idea, but i really have no idea what is going to happen.
i agree that harry will be getting occlumency lessons, but i dont think it will be in the beginning of the book
i think that the harry teaching idea is a bit farfetched but nice nontheless.

Or my other one-shot Anciente Magik, don't forget to leave feedback here.
Old December 30th, 2004, 10:50 pm
Second Year

I think the Harry teaching idea is far-fetched, and I do like the Bill and Fluer idea, but I don't know

Old December 30th, 2004, 10:54 pm
Third Year

I've been thinking it may have something to do with Vernon kicking Harry out. at the same time, I doubt he would go against Petunia's wishes. I've been thinking also, what if Petunia really does have some magic in her. Perhaps that would have something to do with Harry leaving.

Old December 31st, 2004, 9:11 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupachup07
I've been thinking it may have something to do with Vernon kicking Harry out. at the same time, I doubt he would go against Petunia's wishes. I've been thinking also, what if Petunia really does have some magic in her. Perhaps that would have something to do with Harry leaving.
There are lots of threads concerning Petunia being a witch (I can't be bothered to do a search), I myself don't think she is one though. Also, I doubt Vernon would kick Harry out - he'd be scared of those "freaks" coming round. Good idea though

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.... - Carl Zwanzig

92% of teens moved on to rap music. If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 8:25 am
Third Year

I think Harry's summer will be like that of GoF, the Durselys are scared stiff of all those wizards. I would too if Mad Eye Moody threaten me. The Dursley's will generally behave around Harry, not neccessarily be nice but at least benign. He will leave on a pleasant note, Lupin etc will come to retrieve him and take him off to the Burrow or where ever. I think the ministry will be keeping a close watch on Privite Drive to ensure no Death Eater activities are present at all. Its the least they could do after being the worlds biggest gits for a year.

Old January 8th, 2005, 1:20 am
Fifth Year

Kind of off topic - but wouldn't it be hilarious if Hermione and Ron just showed up on Harry's doorstep and rang the doorbell like Muggles?

The Dursely's wouldn't know what to think. We've already had all kinds of wild arrivals - flying car, the knight bus, floo, armed guard... I mean, what next? I think Ron and Hermione showing up in a "normal" fashion would come as a shock to everyone.

Or the rest of the Order will be there too, dressed like Muggles, trying their hardest to behave properly. Moody's driving a mini-van. Honking the horn for everyone to hurry up.

"Oh Hello, we've come to pick up Harry."

Last edited by hollygo72; January 8th, 2005 at 1:25 am.
Old January 8th, 2005, 1:29 am
First Year

Well JKR said that he was leaving for a happy reason... and since everything else has already been suggested... I say he leaves because Dumbledoore thinks he deserves a break and sends him by broom to little 'ole New Zealand, where he spends his summer holdiay hanging out with sheep. Its worth a shot right? HAHA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygo72
Kind of off topic - but wouldn't it be hilarious if Hermione and Ron just showed up on Harry's doorstep and rang the doorbell like Muggles?

The Dursely's wouldn't know what to think. We've already had all kinds of wild arrivals - flying car, the knight bus, floo, armed guard... I mean, what next? I think Ron and Hermione showing up in a "normal" fashion would come as a shock to everyone.

Or the rest of the Order will be there too, dressed like Muggles, trying their hardest to behave properly. Moody's driving a mini-van. Honking the horn for everyone to hurry up.

"Oh Hello, we've come to pick up Harry."
HAHA i loved this idea btw. can't you just imagine it?

Old January 8th, 2005, 1:40 am
Fifth Year

Perhaps a surprise sixteenth birthday party for him? Or maybe some kind of cool event like a Weird Sister concert?

Check out my podcast: www.myspace.com/threewisemenshow
or go to itunes and search for "three wise men"
Old January 8th, 2005, 1:52 am
Twilight Princess

I don't think Harry is entirely safe at Privet Drive, whatever charm Dumbledore may think is protecting him. I think it is possible that some DE could try to attack one of the Dursleys in order to get to Harry, thus causing someone from the Order to come and take Harry away for his and their safety.
Whatever it is, I expect it to filled with Drama and some priceless Durlesy moments.

Edit: I'm going to have to rethink this thought it seems. I just read an interview with JK where she said Harry will be leaving for due to circumstances more pleasant than a trial. I don't think DE attacks would qualify as more pleasant.

Last edited by MadMagic; January 8th, 2005 at 2:14 am.
Old January 8th, 2005, 2:36 am
Fifth Year

It would be funny if Harry left via the Order coming in by muggle attire. I can see Mad-Eye and Mundungus now, cruising up Privet Drive on motorcycles while Mr. Weasley hops in a wheelie on a bewitched mountain bike that has a lion roar as a horn. Hehe, wouldn't that drive the Durseleys up the ceiling seeing 'that lot' arriving to take Harry away for a possible birthday party lol.

Old January 8th, 2005, 3:18 am
Third Year

If Harry is to leave Privet Drive early, and for a happy reason, I don't think it will involve Grimmauld Place, as that would be to hard for Harry to deal with so soon.

There are many good things that could happen though.
Maybe he will go off to visit with Hermione for a while. Then we will learn more about her mysterious home life and her parents.
Maybe he will be given Sirius's old Motorcycle, and he will learn to ride and fly it. That would be cool, and answer the question of where it has been all this time.
Maybe this really is the last time he has to stay at the Dursleys and Petunia finally comes clean with information of Lilly and James.

Old January 8th, 2005, 4:37 pm
Second Year

If you have been to JKR's site, she says in there that Harry will not be running away from the dursleys, but he will be leaving for a much nicer reason.

All of our precious reason is based on a hallucination!

I don't like to let school interfere with my education
Old January 8th, 2005, 6:17 pm
Second Year

i dont think he'll be drived from privat drive but will be taken away or choose to

Old January 8th, 2005, 6:37 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy_lightz
i dont think he'll be drived from privat drive but will be taken away or choose to
I think Harry might be old enough to decide himself whether or not he wants to stay at Private Drive. The only problem with Harry choosing to go away from the Drusleys himself is the fact that it appears he might go back there at the end of HBP as JKR did say that the Drusleys would be back in book 7.

What and where could Harry go that would make him so happy after such a sad event, what if he was invited to go on holiday with the Weasleys this summer, a vacation to get away from it all?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies