Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

The best possible ending?

Old February 24th, 2005, 2:39 am
Second Year

Harry and Hermione get together
Ron and Luna get together
Signs (lol, that was unintentional, really) of a budding romance between Neville and Ginny

Now that I've got the ship stuff overwith....perhaps a big battle at Hogwarts. Draco & Co. manage to let the death eaters into the school. Dumbledore has already died in book 6. McGonagall tries to keep the death eaters out, almost single handedly, but falls, apparently dead, and they walk in. We see some spectacular action by Flitwick, Sprout, ect., but the death eaters defeat them and walk into Gryffindor tower, Draco Malfoy having already found out the password. Neville will be awake for some reason, and alert the rest of the tower. The Death Eaters will go up to diffrent dormitories, except for Bellatrix, who stays behind to fight Neville. Lucious goes up to the girls dorms, along with Draco, and Voldemort and Pettigrew, among others, go up to the boys. Ron with have a confrontation scence with Pettigrew, and he will be knocked out. Pettigrew, who still has some feelings for Ron, since he was his pet for so many years, and will not kill him. No one will notice. Seamus and Dean with fight offf several death eaters, and Seamus will kill and be killed. Voldemort and Harry will fight down to the common room, and Harry will see Lucious holding his wand to the throat of a sturggeling Hermione. Just when it seems hopeless, Hermione and/or Harry will do wandless magic, and she will be out of Lucious' clutches. Together, they will run out of the common room, out of the school, to the graveyard, and Voldemort will stun Harry, so that he lies on the grave of his mother. Hermione, unnoticed, will do a anti-stunning charm, but Voldemort will do a spell on Hermione that apparently kills her. Harry's power of Love and Anger conbined will kill Voldemort. Harry will then relise that Hermione is still berely alive, and use the great power still paulsing though him to save her. They will be unconcious in the graveyard. In the end, McGonagall will also turn out to be alive, but Lavender and/or Parvati will be killed, along with Sprout and/or Flitwick, and Hagrid.

Wow....that was long. I'm sure somebody wrote a fanfic alot like that, or else I ought to write one. I'm sure J.K.R. could do much better, since I left out importent things like Luna, Ginny, the OOTP, Snape (!), Pettigrew's life debate.....

anyway, something like that, except better.

If you're a H/Hr shipper, or just bored, take my quiz Constructive Criticism much appriciated!
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2005, 2:52 am
Second Year

Wow, the best possible ending I'm sure, is one I can't conceive. But ideally, I'd like to see Harry happy. Really happy. I'd like to see Voldemort blown to smithereens with his portrait hanging in Hogwarts as Voldemort says "Hail Harry" every time someone passes by. It would be nice if the Dursleys could see just how much better Harry is than Dudley and I'd like to see Dudley take over Filch's job. And I'd like to see Harry meet his folks somehow. And finally, Neville should save Snape's life so that Snape no longer teases him and is thereby in debt to him as well. Neville especially needs to have some kind of overwhelming victory. Hermione I hope will have a moment of pure insanity where she does something absolutely crazy and against the rules, and Ron, poor Ron...becomes the hero he wishes he was. Jeez, guess I like happy endings.

As far as shipping goes...I'll steer clear of the traditional ships and just say that I hope McGonogal and DD live happily ever after, as well as Tonks and Lupin, and of course Hagrid and Madame Maxime.

Old February 24th, 2005, 3:15 am
Formerly Known as 82

Hm... best possible ending would be Harry lives, is happy, gets married to Ginny. Ron and Hermione hook up and that there will be lots of grandkids for Molly and Arthur to take care of.

Just here to mess with your brain, it's all very innocent I swear *Pokes*
Old February 24th, 2005, 3:36 am
First Year

I would like to see Harry come back to be the permanent Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher.

Old February 24th, 2005, 3:42 am
Second Year

Quote:
.... And it was then when Harry woke up and realized all of it had just been a very long dream and he was still his 11 year old self living under the stairs.....
HOly cow, when I read this I was shocked!!! Later I realized that the poster was joking, but think about that. How horrible would it be if all of it was a dream? wow. That's kind of depressing to think about. For me, I think that I will be happy with the way JKR ends it. I hope that she brings some resolution, but leaves much to ponder(otherwise, what would become of COS and Mugglenet?).

Old February 24th, 2005, 3:54 am
First Year

best possible ending: dumbldore living.

where's the canon?!
Old February 24th, 2005, 8:04 am
Sixth Year

his friends are alive and live happily ever after with their partners)ron and hermione)...

and harry is happily attach to ginny or luna..

that would be so cool..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 910661636.jpg (3.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg images.jpg (4.1 KB, 2 views)

Old February 24th, 2005, 8:09 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian06
Honestly, I think the best possible ending for the series would be for Harry to die, honorably of course, but still die. I don't want a perfect ending, and it just wouldn't make sense, in my opinion, if Harry survived. Since the prophecy says that either Harry or Voldemort will have to kill the other, people naturally think that Harry will triumph over Voldemort, the Wizarding World will elect him the next Minister of Magic, while he simultaneously becomes the Headmaster of Hogwarts, and yadda yadda yadaa. It's just not like Rowling to tie everything up so perfectly and to have the reader be able to guess the ending correctly.
That's exactly What I think.
AmY*

Old February 24th, 2005, 8:18 am
First Year

For me the best possible ending is Harry defeating Voldemort, getting the girl he wants and getting to live the life he wants.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON CAUSE EVEN IF YOU MISS YOU'LL STILL BE AMONG THE STARS

I didn't loose my mind...I sold it on ebay
Old February 24th, 2005, 9:20 am
First Year

I would want a very conclusive ending, but at the same time it should leave me wanting for more.

And no cliches- 'he lived happily ever after' or 'Harry's sacrifice was remembered for generations to come'.

Knowing Jo, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Old March 14th, 2005, 3:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

The Best edning: Harry removes all traces of magic from Voldemort and he's left to be a muggle with the lifespan of a wizard.

That I think would be a fitting end to Voldemort at least.

Old June 12th, 2005, 12:18 am
First Year

Like I said in a close thread, the best ending for series would be:
(1) Lucius DIES, and Draco can die if he wants too.
(2) Hermione and Harry fall in love.
(3) Luna and Ron fall in love (I mean look at the way she looks at him, and they live in the same town!)
(4) Lupin & Tonks 4ever
(5) The wizarding world becomes stable again

Proud Member and Only member of the New and Improved Militant Anti-Heron Task Force Quasi-League

Harry & Hermione - Not Sunk in Our Hearts
Old June 12th, 2005, 12:44 am
Third Year

Dumbledore, sorry to say, passed away before Harry finished Hogwarts.
Harry defeats Voldemort and goes on to be the seeker for Wimbelton Wasps, then, tiring of his fame becomes an auror, gets married and has three children.
Ron and Hermione get married, Ron takes over the Misuse of Muggle artifacts office and transforms it into one of the biggest departments in the MOM. Hermione becomes a famous writer, both in the wizarding and muggle worlds. In the wizarding world, she's responsable for almost all of the required textbooks the Hogwarts students must have, in the Muggle world, she writes fictional novels about "wizards" and "houseelves" and other fantastical beasts.
Fred and George, in a double ceremony marry Padma and Parvati Patil and have a total of 17 children. Mrs. Weasley is in awe of her daughters in law.
Mr. Weasely retires early and he and Mrs. Weasley move to the Carribean with Dobby and Winky the house elves who wait on Mrs. Weasley hand and foot.
Hagrid and Madam Maxime get married and move to France since she is headmistress there.
Neville and Ginny have a house in London. She works as the head of Improper Use of Magick Office, Neville becomes the youngest ever minister of magic.
Professor McGonagall remains headmistress to Hogwarts until her death. Percy Weasley takes over the post.
Professor Snape remains potions master of hogworts until his death when he does a "binns" and gets back up to continue teaching as if he never died. But seeing as he's a gohst, he's unable to function as a decent potions master should so he's forced to haunt Moaning Myrtles toilet. She's happy to have the company.
With Lucius in prison for the rest of his life and the Malfoy fortune squandered by the deatheaters, Narcissa humbly takes a barmaid position at the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmead. Madame Rosmerta has a rather fun time with Mrs. Malfoy. As the family name is forever tarnished and the run of Lord Volemort and his Deatheaters is legendary througout the World, Draco Malfoy finds himself out of Hogwarts and no one whatsoever willing to hire him for work. He had no choice but to find employment in the nonmagic community and lives rather successfully as muggle. He became quite the politician and could have taken care of his mother, but she was no longer speaking to him as he no longer had any proper wizarding pride.

Fire light, the burning embers somewhere in my heart remembers: fleeting fairies, dancing madly, brightened in the glare.~~ Haunted shadows, lovesick slumber, heated passion disencumber; release my shattered truth, leave not my sanity aware.~~ Stirring tranquil sweet delusion, awareness seeks a forced inclusion. Balanced on the midst of panic, conscious threatens trance.~~ Repressing in the deep sublime, on the edge of thoughtless time. Sinking to my safe illusion, let the fairies dance.

http://sitekreator.com/destanyfenton
Old June 12th, 2005, 12:47 am
Third Year

I think its obvious that the best ending would be for all the good guys to live and for the bad guys to die

Old June 12th, 2005, 2:20 am
Sixth Year

I couldn't possibly figure out the best ending. The best would be the one that JKR writes up herself. I'm not as creative as she is and I'm sure she will not disappoint us with what she has in store. If I were to make up a satisfying ending for the book series on my own, I wouldn't be able to. Jo Rowling has so much to wrap up in the end that I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for doing it!

Last edited by NYCwitch920; June 12th, 2005 at 2:22 am.
Old June 12th, 2005, 2:33 am
Sixth Year

OMG I know! I know!
THE BEST POSSIBLE ENDING EVER
would be the one I don't see coming.

Yeah basically what she said. ^

~ ars longa, vita brevis ~

Eukaryota Animalia Chordata Aves Ciconiiformes Ardeidae Butorides virescens

Last edited by xyrax; August 24th, 2005 at 9:21 am.
Old June 12th, 2005, 2:41 am
Second Year

I think the best ending for the series would be for Harry to live out the life he wanted. No pressure from fame or danger, just go somewhere after graduation and live a quiet life. No big job in the Ministry or Quidditch, just a quiet life. That's what I believe he's wanted, after all, just to be a normal obscure wizard. I think it'd be really cool if, after he graduates from Hogwarts, he just disappears to a place where the rest of the world can't find him. It'd be even cooler if whomever ends up being his ultimate love interest either goes with him or, after a while, goes out to find him.

After all the mystery and chaos of the series, I'd actually like a simple conclusion for the HP series.

Don't let spoilers happen to you. Join the ASA today!

Last edited by TheMagicHat; June 12th, 2005 at 2:44 am.
Old June 12th, 2005, 2:57 am
Second Year

The ending has to do with Harry showing the love that he is so well known for. He has to die to save everyone else. Say Voldemort finds a way to destroy all the muggles and half-bloods. Harry has to be able to die for them the same way that Lily died for him. He's been loved, but he's beyond that. For Voldemort to finally be defeated Harry has to show the same kind of love.

I don't know how all the details will work out, but Harry has to die, HAS to die by sacrificing himself the same way that Lily did. He's benefited from his power that he has in great quantity, now he has to put it to use.

I also think how Neville deals with Bellatrix will have a GREAT deal to do with how the final battle between Harry and Voldemort shakes down. If Neville has the courage to not seek revenge for his parents crazifying (?) then I think Harry will be tremendously moved by this and won't have to use Avada Kedavra on Voldemort. Maybe it'll all go down the same way that Lily was killed, we already know that Voldemort gave Harry many chances to defend himself and not have to die, just like he did Lily. Perhaps Voldemort'll be the same courteous gentleman again, enabling the "Martyr-magic" to work.

Last edited by Robb; June 12th, 2005 at 5:05 am.
Old June 12th, 2005, 5:55 am
Second Year

I agree at least that Harry has to be willing to die for those he loves. Not necessarily throw his life away, but he has to be willing to go that distance. I believe that will be the edge he'll have over Voldemort, who fears death, and that is the source of his power. I don't agree, however, that it means Harry absolutely HAS to die in order to win or in order for the story to have credibility.

Don't let spoilers happen to you. Join the ASA today!
Old June 12th, 2005, 6:06 am
First Year

i feel that if harry lives after defeating voldemort, it would be too much of a 'fairy tale conventional ending', where good triumphs over evil.
given that rowling is such a brilliant writer, i doubt that she will end the potter series with a predictable ending.
the theme of sacrifice has been evident since book 4, and will definitely be more crucial in books 6 and 7, which are much darker. yet, a tragic ending will definitely not be well accepted by the young audience. i believe only older readers will truly understand and appreciate the essence of a tragic ending.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies