Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

The best possible ending?

Old October 19th, 2003, 10:01 am
Second Year

My best ending?
~Harry died killing the Dark Lord all heriocly and such, gets a death Scene, everyone is sad. Though this would be hard to read I do think it's a good way to close the story of the boy who lived (Not the boy who liveS)

~Auther Weasley is made the new Minister of Magic (Wouldn't that be awesome)

~At the end of the book there is some kind of prologue that tells us what happened to the characters after Harry's passing.

~ Draco and Hermione get together! (Ohh... okay... so that defiantly won't happen... but the rest are plausible!) ^_^

Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2003, 3:33 pm
Sixth Year

Just out of curosity why do some of you want this angsty gothic ending?
For one thing Harry's parents die to save his life, right.
Wouldn't Harry's dying himself rather negate their sacrifice?

Old October 19th, 2003, 4:12 pm
Second Year

Yeah, I agree lorna. I've read this thread and I'm quite shocked to see how many people think it would be a good ending for Harry to die. That's interesting. I think, though it would be horrible for Harry to die. I would be pretty mad and disappointed if he did. I think others are going to die, like maybe Dumbledore, Neville and Hagrid. But, not Harry.

I think Harry will defeat Voldemort, but it will be in a spectacular way that we won't be expecting and it will be quite difficult for him. He will definately come very close to dieing, but something so incredible and phenomenal will happen, it will blow our socks off!

Old October 19th, 2003, 7:58 pm
First Year

Count me among those who'd like a happy ending where, at the very least, The Six survive. (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Ginny, and Luna.) However, there'd probably be some sort of hugeo devistation that left a lot of other people dead, definately a lot of teachers: Dumbledore, McGonagal, Lupin, Moody, at least one other Weasley... But Voldemort would be gone. I can imagine the ending going something like this:

"Of course, Harry realized, his life could never be the same. His mentor lay dead, somewhere off in the distance, and so did many of his closest friends... the ex-professor Lupin, Professor McGonagall... Dumbledore. In the past few years, he had learned to deal with death. But still, he had his dearest friends with.
If he could have, Harry almost would have loved to point his own wand at himself and scream, 'Oblivate'--just to forget all the horrible things that had happened. But he couldn't. He was in Gryfffindor--to do so would be the ultimate act of cowardice, and one he would not commit. Besides, he told himself, even all those awful memories melted away, he would always have a reminded--ever looming there on his forehead, like a smear of darkness--a single, thin, lightning bolt-shaped scar."

"Keena… that means 'innocence,' doesn’t it? I did always like that name… 'twas the name of a late aunt of mine, I do believe. Of course, my father always said, his sister was one of the least innocent people he ever knew, but that’s family for you." -Spinning Slash, Chapter 15: From The Ashes
Old October 20th, 2003, 2:03 pm
Second Year

I wonder...perhaps the scar will disappear in the end...

Old October 20th, 2003, 7:53 pm
Banned

i would like to see harry and ginny together and see them married with kids and a twin boys called albus and sirius and ron and hermione dating and neville teacing at hogwarts and there at hogwarts at a reunion and there all happy

Old October 21st, 2003, 2:21 am
Second Year

Why would it be good for Harry to die and be reunited with his parents and Sirius? He hardly knows any of those three people. They are images in his mind--he doesn't know any of them, as the last book demonstrates. Let him live 60 or 70 years, then join them beyond the veil, and tell them what he did with the life they died to give him. Otherwise, they would have to say--we died so that you could die yourself at 17? Man, we should have lived, instead, if that's all you're doing with our gift!
Harry knows his closest friends, and even Neville, a lot better than the three adults who sacrificed themselves for him. What the heck would they have to talk about beyond the veil? The boy who lived must live!!!! Or what's the point of the series? Good call above on Harry becoming a teacher! Harry as the DADA teacher, and Snape hating every minute of it! I like Snape, I want him to get over it and move on--but I'm not sure that he's capable of that.

Old October 21st, 2003, 6:36 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkling
Secondly, what better way to completely destroy Voldemort than to go back to before his fifth year and a) kill him, b) foil his plans and stop his rise before it begins, or c) turn him? Dumbledore woulde have completely destroyed what the Dark Lord stood for, and NO CASUALTIES WOULD HAVE BEEN SUFFERED. James and Lily would survive, along with Sirius and all the rest.
Time travel in this series doesn't seem to work that way. He could go back and cause things to occur the way they did, but he can't change what's done.

Old October 21st, 2003, 7:36 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorna
Just out of curosity why do some of you want this angsty gothic ending?
For one thing Harry's parents die to save his life, right.
Wouldn't Harry's dying himself rather negate their sacrifice?
Well, personally I don't really like Harry dying, but it seems to me it would be a fitting end to the books. I don't know why, it just does. However, if push comes to shove, I would like for him to live.

Old October 21st, 2003, 9:58 pm
Second Year

[QUOTE: Freezair]
"Of course, Harry realized, his life could never be the same. His mentor lay dead, somewhere off in the distance, and so did many of his closest friends... the ex-professor Lupin, Professor McGonagall... Dumbledore. In the past few years, he had learned to deal with death. But still, he had his dearest friends with.
If he could have, Harry almost would have loved to point his own wand at himself and scream, 'Oblivate'--just to forget all the horrible things that had happened. But he couldn't. He was in Gryfffindor--to do so would be the ultimate act of cowardice, and one he would not commit. Besides, he told himself, even all those awful memories melted away, he would always have a reminded--ever looming there on his forehead, like a smear of darkness--a single, thin, lightning bolt-shaped scar."[/quote]

That's a good ending!!!!

--- I think that the ending's going to end with Harry heroicly dieing... Voldemort attacks him and they duel, Harry realizes what he must do to save everybody, die, and since Voldemort and Harry are connected through Harry's scar, they both die. And everyone that Voldemort killed comes back, including Harry.

^---- I think it's a little too Disney-ish though... Everything seems to simple

So besides that philosphy I have no CLUE so there! :rasp: j/k

Old October 22nd, 2003, 12:25 am
Fifth Year

For me it would be- the "boy who lived" became known as "the boy who died". You see, the best thing about this is that his death would be the very downfall of Voldemort as Voldemort would make the same mistake as before, of underestimating the protection that someone dying for you can make- so lets say Harry dies for someone he loves and the Voldemort claims "victory" and then kills off the person he was supposed to do in the first place, but only this time, the curse rebounds and this time, Voldemort has no immortality to protect him. Some nice fried Voldie.

If JKR did a bit like this...

Harry felt like he was floating. The sensation was wonderful, and Harry soared upwards, light as a feather. The white light became too bright, and Harry had to screw his eyes up in order to see anything. There was wonderful, melodious music, and Harry gasped. His parents were walking, or rather, sort of "gliding" to him, with big smiles on their faces. "Hello, Harry" said his mother. "Well done, son" offered his father. Harry's heart leapt even higher, for on the white horizion, a familiar big black dog was bounding towards him.

I would cry for ages with happiness and proclaim JKR as the greatest ever.

Old October 22nd, 2003, 5:50 am
First Year

I have to say that I have always loved books with sad endings. If Harry dies heroically to save the Wizarding World I will cry my little eyes out, and I would cry my eyes out again and again every time I reread the book.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"
John Lennon
Old October 22nd, 2003, 6:41 am
Fourth Year

I do not think that Harry dying would make all that great of an ending, personally. As several have already stated, his parents died so that he might live a normal, happy life. So he should have the chance at that, before he joins them in the next world. I would like for Harry to defeat the 'dark lord' in a way that no one ever would have imagined possible. Without killing Tom, himself. There will be losses, yes, and Harry's will be great, I think. But his power, the one that has gotten him this far, will save him in the end, from himself, as well as what Voldemort will do to him. I think he will need to have someone to love, and be loved by for all this to work in the first place. Preferably Luna or Hermione.

Another possible ending I liked was where Harry attacks Voldemort with all his being at once. The attack destroys Voldemort completely, but Harry's energy is so drained that all that's left of him is a crystalized statue. Now, either he has the loved one, mentioned above, to revive him from this state somehow, or we have a fast forward in the epilogue that shows the statue still there, become either forgotten, or put on display, or even become some kind of tourist attraction. And Harry's soul forever trapped within. Never to make it to the next world, or interact with this one again, either. Until someone can wake him.

Old October 31st, 2003, 8:56 pm
First Year

this is the MOST farfetched thing ever prolly, k well harry and volde have final battle, bla blah blah. ok now harry goesunconious cuz a stone pillar fell on him and muffled his hearing and all. now volde laughing cuz its perfect right? WRONG! peeves will come distract him and madam sprout will huck a mandrake pot with a mandrake at volde sprout an volde hear it they die and harry doesnt hear it cuz the stones made the cry sound like a muffled cry and he lives.... thank you......bye bye

Old October 31st, 2003, 11:50 pm
Banned

HARRY TO LIVE! And to become Headmaster. Then JK could write a short seiries aout that. Or somehting I dont want Harry to die cause then that decreases our chances for a sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old November 1st, 2003, 12:40 am
First Year

I think it should be a LotR ending. Harry is over welmed by grief and walks through the veil (lotr-grey havens)

-Harry looked into Dumbledores sparkling blue eyes and saw a tear roll down his cheek. He knew he could not change Harrys mind.
Harry looked at his close friends and realized that he had caused too much pain. Dumbledore and Harry exchanged one last look and hug and Harry was goin back peacefully into the veil. He was going home. A life with family and friends, a life with out evil and terror. But the magical people would always remember Harry as the boy who lived, the man who defeated, the hope of the world, but most of all the one with the scar.

~*We will never forget you, Sirius Black*~
Old November 1st, 2003, 8:09 pm
First Year

In my opinion, I think the best ending would be that Neville is actually "the one" lol but seeing as how that won't happen..... I hope Harry and Ron die ... I know it's awful but I like bitter endings that make you grieve like LOTR as someone pointed out so very well before. But if Harry doesn't die.... I hope he becomes the DADA teacher.

It would be rather satisfying. If Harry does die, I hope Hermione becomes a teacher at Hogwarts (transfiguration once McGonagall retires or whatever) and that she's married to Ron or something...... I think that Ron and Hermione fit the best because Hermione reminds me soooooo much like Mrs.Weasley.... it would be perfect! But I really hope Harry dies or Ron does. It would make me sick to see a pefect Harry and Hermione live happily ever after lol. And then Draco would become the Potions teacher and finally Snape would understand Harry though he would still be bitter.

While, Luna Lovegood gets with Neville or something and Ginny with Harry lol (dream on, eh?)

And then if Neville was "the one" when he kills voldemort he'll get a scar on his forehead just like Harry has .... and imo the one Dumbledore has from Grindewald (I swear he has a scar! just look people loooooooookkkk lol)

lol Ill stop ranting... I do that a lot

So many possible endings.... I just want a huge death... I want to be crying at the end dangit!

edit*
After reading all the other posts... I may have had a small change of heart. I still want a sad ending but perhaps...... if Harry lives it might be sadder then him dying. If he loses all his friends and such ... he'd be all alone and have to deal with this fact forever because of his scar

Last edited by Maydeleat Greenly; November 1st, 2003 at 8:56 pm.
Old November 2nd, 2003, 6:57 pm
Kingsley's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly the 2nd
I think the best ending would be Harry's death. Harry and Voldemort should die killing each other, or Harry should be forced to kill himself to kill Voldemort. It wouldn't be sad at all, because Harry would be reunited with Sirius and his parents, and anybody else who dies. That would be an excellent ending, in my opinion. It's sort of a doomed "happily ever after."
I used to think this. I probably still do. Harry sacrificing himself for the good of mankind...it would be so sad, but so warming and happy, especially if he was reunited with those he loved and lost.

Alternatively, an ending that involved everyone together would be good too. But I just don't think that it will happen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra
For me it would be- the "boy who lived" became known as "the boy who died". You see, the best thing about this is that his death would be the very downfall of Voldemort as Voldemort would make the same mistake as before, of underestimating the protection that someone dying for you can make- so lets say Harry dies for someone he loves and the Voldemort claims "victory" and then kills off the person he was supposed to do in the first place, but only this time, the curse rebounds and this time, Voldemort has no immortality to protect him. Some nice fried Voldie.
My version of this was that if Harry sacrificed himself in some way for the world, then his strange and mysterious power of love would be unleashed from the MOM and protect everyone in the world. Therefore if Voldemort killed anyone he would die...or the survivors could all join together to kill him with supreme protection. Don't you love it when people think the same? Shows we're not insane...

Anyway, here's my ending that got lost a while ago on the old Very Ending thread:

'As the black clouds cleared, and the lightning that had torn the sky apart faded, Hermione and Ginny held hands tightly. Hermione, still bleeding from the intensity of the battle behind them, smiled weakly at Ginny as the tears fell from her brown eyes, attempting to hold back her own.
"He did it," she half whispered. "He saved us all."
The two got to their feet and gazed around at the remains of Hogwarts. The new sunlight fell all around them, highlighting the devastation, signalling an evil that was now past, but not forgotten. They picked their way over to their hero, the world's hero, who lay apart, eyes closed and breathing stilled.
"You did it Harry," Hermione said, taking his limp hand. "I hope you're with them now." She turned to face Ginny again, and both of their eyes widened in shock.
"What - " they both began, then both lifted a hand to their foreheads. On both were small, but perfect, feather shaped scars. And as the rest of the survivors began to make their way over, the lucid and pure phoenix song held in the fresh air. Everyone smiled through their tears, for they knew that from now on, every person born would bear the mark of love, the mark of sacrifice. Wizard or muggle, boy or girl, each would have the reminder of their saviour. A phoenix feather scar."

Part of the Care Bear gang!
Old November 2nd, 2003, 9:01 pm
Second Year

Harry not being able to preform magic after the 'battle'. So Harry would have just saved an existence he can't participate in.

Old November 2nd, 2003, 9:31 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrddin
Harry not being able to preform magic after the 'battle'. So Harry would have just saved an existence he can't participate in.
I think that's worse than him dying.
while I don't necessarily want there to be a sugary and perfect "happily ever after" ending, there's no reason why it shouldn't be at least an *uplifting* one.

How about...? Ok, I really have no creative imagination for this. But I'm sure J.K. will think of some classic yet original.

"The truth is that I am forever living in my childhood... Actually I am living permanently in my dream, from which I make brief forays into reality." - Ingmar Bergman

Last edited by eVaNeScEnCe; November 5th, 2003 at 4:57 am.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies