Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

The best possible ending?

Old July 29th, 2004, 7:18 pm
First Year

(Please be kind...i'm not an author)
I'm sure this has been beaten to death...BUT here's how i'd like to see the end of the whole series.....we pick up the conversation between Dubledore and Harry before the final showdown with Voldermort....Dumbledore begins....

Harry, our life paths have crossed for a reson. You and I both know the prophecy says you are the only one who can kill Voldermort and I believe that to be true. But I have a secret to reveal and part to play as well. Let me explain......

Harry, there is good and evil in every world, muggle and magic. You have tasted this in your past dealings with Voldermort. It is sad, but that is the balance of things. The most ancient wizards realized this and knew there would always be evil to fight. Most of the evil is easiliy handled by the forces of the Ministry of Magic. But even thousands of years ago, wizards of the time realized there would always be anomolies. Extremely powerful wizards who would go bad...in this generation it's Voldermort. I think it's safe to say he's the most powerful evil wizard ever in history. But there have been others.

In thier wisdom, they realized that each generation would have to have, and would have to choose one wizard to be the most powerful of all wizards. To do this they created and invoked the most ancient and powerful of magic that allowed them, upon thier death to transfer thier magical power and knowledge onto thier chosen "good" wizard. This can also be done before the older wizard dies...but they will die within minutes after the transfer.

This is my great secret and now it is yours. No other wizard knows that the previous "super good wizard" chose me, at about your age, to be the most powerful wizard of my generation. He was the headmaster at Hogwarts and saw in me the qualities needed, courage, wisdom, kindness and bravery. There are powerful wizards Harry but none can defeat me, as I have the power and accumulated knowledge of hundreds and even thousands of wizards over time. No other wizard has the knowledge of generations, nor do they have the knowledge of how to pass this power on. It's the greatest magical secret and only one person can know the secret. It makes the reciever the most powerful wizard of thier time. Voldermort has somehow equaled my power, I don't know how nor do I have time to find out he did it but I cannot kill him. You have to.

That is why it is my time to die Harry, I have to transfer my power and the accumulated power of all those before me to you. You will be the most powerful wizard of your time. I know it's difficult but i'm an old man and my time has been spent well. You cannot kill Voldermort with your current magical power and knowledge. I cannot kill him because there is something special within you that I do not have. But you're something special combined with the power of the great wizard of the time....might have a chance. I know you're very young and this will steal your youth. As you recieve the power you will recieve the wisdom of me and all the other ancient wizards. You will become wise beyond your years. But the transfer has to take place. After the transfer of power Harry, you will basically become all powerful. Able to do pretty much anything you want with just a thought. You must choose to abide by the rules of the world, you must continue to see the value of the rules of the magical and the muggle world. You will easily be able to destroy and manipulate...I have chosen you because you have been mistreated and understand the value of goodness, kindness and humility.

Before I transfer my power and life to you Harry, a few instructions. First, I give you all my worldly possessions. In this office I have books and items of great magical power. Some items are so dangerous that they have to be kept in the posession of the "one great good wizard" for only he can control them. Guard them well, if anyone gets hold of some of my items, the power unleashed could well destroy the world. Two, this transfer of power is the greatest secret of all magic. No one except you and I know the secret of the "one great good wizard" and I soon will die with the transfer of power. You must NEVER tell anyone. With this transfer of power you could take over the magical world and the muggle world. You must never use the full power of your magic after this transfer. Use only enough to stop the evil that you face. Third, Fawkes will be yours to command, she is bound to the power of the "one great good wizard." She is not mine, not yours she belongs the the great wizard of the time. Fourth, when you reach old age you must choose another wizard to pass the power along to. Choose well, I think I have. Finally, here is the book that contains the instructions to use the power. As you add yoru power to the "super wizard" write in it your secrets and observations for use. The book must be protected at all costs there is only one and can only be one. For in it is the spell to make the transfer possible. You will be the only one who can read the book and you cannot make copies.

I have written my final arrangements on this document. Professor McGonnogel will become the new headmaster at Hogwarts, you will be offered a teaching spot here at Hogwarts. Harry, you have a choice of course but I ask that you take it. You will be the one, you will be the protector of all that is good and you must protect and teach the new witches and wizards the ways of the good and light path. In time, you will become headmaster.

Once the transfer is complete you will know all the secrets I posess, all the spells all the magic I and my predecessors have done will be at your disposal. Use any and all to defeat Voldermort. You saw me fight Voldermort at the Ministry of Magic, you must use all tools at your disposal to defeat Voldermort. You may even have to try the forbidden curse. Do not worry about the ramifications, you must defeat him at all costs. He will be equal to your magic power...but hopefully the special something inside you will make you more powerful than him. That is our only hope.

Be happy Harry, be humble with your new power.
Lets start the transfer....

Harry goes on to fight and defeat Voldermort....but at a price....maybe his scar always hurts for the rest of his life etc...

Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2004, 8:51 am
First Year

I think Harry and Voldemort will both die trying to vanquish each other, BUT Harry will be "re-born" without Voldemort's influence and no scar, since the Phoenix has been a big clue in the books and Voldemort has already been re-born.

"...Hermione and Molly remained prostrate over the spot where Harry fell, the tears from both women falling onto Harry's pallid skin. Ron stood above them, holding his bloody arm with the other and his face screwed up towards the sky in silent torment, his shoulders shaking. Luna and Neville sat hunched over, their grey faces in their hands, their wands scattered on the wasted ground. The others lay nearby, gasping and moaning. No one noticed on the blackened dais a slight stirring. The veil fluttered and danced and flirted with the person who was slowly beginning to raise his head.

Harry lifted his eyes slowly, wiping the blood from them, every move slow and deliberate. He touched the wispy veil with fingers that had just moments before had held Voldemort in a death struggle, and marveled at their smoothness, their minute detail. Hermione and Molly let out gasps and rushed to hold him, their sudden sharp movement startling everyone into action again.

"Oh dear Lord, oh dear Lord, oh dear Lord!" Molly screamed.
Hermione couldn't speak; she cried harder and struggled to hold Harry, burying her head in his shoulder as her tears flowed. Ron's face drained of its color as he looked down at Harry, beaming at him. Luna lunged forward to hug Harry, and Neville gave a tremendous sniff and gingerly patted Harry's shoulder. The veil stopped moving and was still.

Harry blinked hard to focus, he shook his sweaty, tangled hair out of his eyes, and marveled that his head didn't hurt anymore. He reached up out of habit to touch his scar and realized that it wasn't there---it had disappeared when Voldemort was blasted into the veil.
"Harry you're alive, you're alive!" sobbed Hermione. "Are you ok, are you hurt badly?" she asked frantically as her eyes swept over him. Suddenly she pulled away from him. "Harry, your scar is gone! Your scar is gone!" she said happily. " Harry, where's your scar?"

that is my fifth ending trying to end with the word scar, lol!

Official (and probably ONLY) member of Lovin' PoA Movie Fan Club!
Old August 25th, 2004, 9:39 am
Second Year

i think that jkr will make a surprise. as many people stated before, everyone expects harry to defeat voldemort and i believe that he will. because if he doesn't and voldemort survives and keeps on doing horrible stuff, it'll be a too depressing ending. there won't be any chance left to stop voldemort. the wizard world won't have any hope because there won't be anyone else to rescue them from the Dark Lord. and it'll be nonsense, i mean what will happen later? i know the series won't continue but jkr must must make an open ending which we can assume what would happen if the series continued.
harry dying without defeating voldemort will not be nice. if harry must die, he must die after defeating voldemort or during his battle with him which harry should win in the end.
i assume that harry will die, too. it's obvious that jkr likes to surprise the readers and i'm sure she'd like to surprise us the most in the ending. the ending won't be like everyone expects.
but in my opinion, voldemort must be defeated. harry might die during his last battle with voldemort. i think ron and hermione will be united in the end. at leats one Weasley will die during the war.
But of course the best ending would be harry defeating voldemort and living peacefully

Old September 3rd, 2004, 9:35 am
First Year

The best ending....

Harry defeats Voldermort,
Then graduates from Hogwarts at the top of his class,
Harry becames a auror gets married and has 12 children.

Who knows it could happen.

Old September 5th, 2004, 6:56 am
Third Year

something totally unexpected, outrageous, yet completely satisfying... =D

Old September 5th, 2004, 11:55 am
Second Year

something very unexpected but something good

<center><table style="filter:glow(color:Black)">Proud member of W.o.W</center></table>

<center><table style="filter:glow(color:Pink)"> Ron and Hermione all the way </center></table>
Are you LOST?
Old September 5th, 2004, 12:29 pm
Seventh Year

I think that if the ending would walk like the Changeling Hypothesis it would be a happy ending and I definitely think HP will win from LV as it is still a childrens book in the end. I ofcourse hope HP will become an Auror and I think he will. That would be nice to hear in the last chapter of book 7.

Changeling Hypothesis (linked) about what I said above.

Lifestyles of the Rich and Fabulous

Old September 5th, 2004, 12:35 pm
Third Year

J.K.R said that only a few of the sites have so far guessed the ending correctly since Changerling hypothesis is soooo famous, I dont think it is the one.

Old September 5th, 2004, 12:40 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicacarstens
To be honest, I trust JKR to come up with an ending that's both amazing and conclusive. You know, something that ties everything together and leaves you feeling satisfied that the wait was worth it.
Couldn't agree more

Old September 5th, 2004, 5:43 pm
First Year

The best possible ending is hard to discuss because we dont know everything yet but I would like for there to be lots of action emotion and just something very un expected but I know we won't be dissapointed What I don't want to happen is for the last chapter to be called "The Man who died" or something lol whatever Jk writes will be deadly

Old September 5th, 2004, 5:52 pm
Banned

I just want an ending that will bring closure to everything, that has a moral message, that evokes a lot of feeling and gives satisfaction to the reader. What that will be, I have no idea, but I know it will be.

Old September 6th, 2004, 11:57 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian06
Honestly, I think the best possible ending for the series would be for Harry to die, honorably of course, but still die. I don't want a perfect ending, and it just wouldn't make sense, in my opinion, if Harry survived. Since the prophecy says that either Harry or Voldemort will have to kill the other, people naturally think that Harry will triumph over Voldemort, the Wizarding World will elect him the next Minister of Magic, while he simultaneously becomes the Headmaster of Hogwarts, and yadda yadda yadaa. It's just not like Rowling to tie everything up so perfectly and to have the reader be able to guess the ending correctly.

yeah i doubt jkr would end the story the way everyone expects

there's bound to be twists... just have to wait and see...

can't wait for half blood prince

Old September 6th, 2004, 12:15 pm
Second Year

I just don't hope Harry dies, one of friends (I think Ron) will sacrifice himself in one way or another but Harry dying would be pretty ******.

Harry will live happily ever after with his great love (*cough*hermione*cough* ) and have lots of babies.

Old September 6th, 2004, 5:39 pm
First Year

Gah, I really don't want this whole thing to end...It's so much fun waiting for the next book, speculating on stuff, writing fanfics...Happy ending or not, I'm probably going to cry after I finish book 7.

Anyway, I think Harry will die trying to kill LV. Dumbledore will probably die too, but not necessarily at the end.

Proud R/Hr shipper! *sips lemonade while sitting in her deck chair on the HMS Heron*
Old September 6th, 2004, 5:43 pm
Second Year

i really will be at a loss when all this is over. Mugglenet will probably turn into a HP withdrawal centre, sorta like alcoholics anonymous...

my name is Mr Trix and i have gone 2 whole days without having to read the last book again....hehe

Old September 6th, 2004, 6:02 pm
First Year

I don't want Harry to die, and I don't want Tom Riddle (separated from Voldemort) to be cleansed of his evilness. I don't want Hermione or Ron dying, but maybe coming really close to death (kinda like Frodo being stung by Shelob). I've always wanted Harry to end up marrying a muggle and live pretty happily even with all the loss in his life. It would be really nice if the last line was a joke or something, because after all the sadness of the climax it would just be hopeful to chuckled at the very end.

I'm pretty sure JKR's ending will be satisfying, tragic, hopeful, and something that will totally blow everyone away.

Old September 6th, 2004, 6:13 pm
Fifth Year

Best possible ending would be Harry living; all of the Weaselies living; Hermione, Neville, Seamus, Dean, Hagrid, Dumbledore, and Minerva all living. It would end with Harry being happy and knowing his whole life was a head of him.

Old September 6th, 2004, 6:31 pm
Fifth Year

Here's how the books could end happily:

Harry and Ginny looked forward upon Voldemort, advancing, Death Eaters surrounding them, the sky a dark hue, and they knew all was lost. They looked sadly at each other, and held hands. "AVADA KEDAVRA" cried Voldemort, lips curling. A flash of green light zoomed towards Harry and Ginny, but the love protectecting them as they held hands caused the Killing Curse to ricochet and bounce back to Voldemort.
"AAARRGGGH!"
And at once, the Lord of all evil collapsed forward, in front of Harry and Ginny. He was dead. "That was easy," grinned Harry. They looked around; there was stirring going on, Ron and Hermione had come to, but also, the Death Eaters were suddenly smiling warmly, as if they had just woken up from an enchanted sleep. Lucius raised his arms, "Oh, my, the bond of evil has been lifted. I...I don't feel like killing anymore."
"Me neither," said Bellatrix. "How strange."
"Oh, Harry," cried Lucius, hugging him. "I feel so...so ALIVE!!"
Harry looked up, the dark cloud of evil was lifting, and all in the world was becoming sunny again.
"Hey, come on everybody!" said Wormtail on the guitar. He burst into song, "Gray skies are gonna clear up."
"Put on a happy face," sang Bellatrix.
"Brush off the clouds and cheer up," sang Dolohov.
"Put on a happy face," sang Grawp.
And Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Ginny, Luna, zombie Cedric, zombie Sirius, the Death Eaters, Grawp, the dementors, and Dumbledore all were gathering in a circle with arms around each other.
"And spread sunshine all over the place. Just put on a happy faaaace!"
Hermione looked at Harry. "Oh my," said Hermione. "It's gone. Your scar!"

Old September 26th, 2004, 12:24 am
Second Year

I hope Voldemort wins, the bad guy never wins. Hopefully JK will change it up a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGrindelwald
Here's how the books could end happily:

Harry and Ginny looked forward upon Voldemort, advancing, Death Eaters surrounding them, the sky a dark hue, and they knew all was lost. They looked sadly at each other, and held hands. "AVADA KEDAVRA" cried Voldemort, lips curling. A flash of green light zoomed towards Harry and Ginny, but the love protectecting them as they held hands caused the Killing Curse to ricochet and bounce back to Voldemort.
"AAARRGGGH!"
And at once, the Lord of all evil collapsed forward, in front of Harry and Ginny. He was dead. "That was easy," grinned Harry. They looked around; there was stirring going on, Ron and Hermione had come to, but also, the Death Eaters were suddenly smiling warmly, as if they had just woken up from an enchanted sleep. Lucius raised his arms, "Oh, my, the bond of evil has been lifted. I...I don't feel like killing anymore."
"Me neither," said Bellatrix. "How strange."
"Oh, Harry," cried Lucius, hugging him. "I feel so...so ALIVE!!"
Harry looked up, the dark cloud of evil was lifting, and all in the world was becoming sunny again.
"Hey, come on everybody!" said Wormtail on the guitar. He burst into song, "Gray skies are gonna clear up."
"Put on a happy face," sang Bellatrix.
"Brush off the clouds and cheer up," sang Dolohov.
"Put on a happy face," sang Grawp.
And Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Ginny, Luna, zombie Cedric, zombie Sirius, the Death Eaters, Grawp, the dementors, and Dumbledore all were gathering in a circle with arms around each other.
"And spread sunshine all over the place. Just put on a happy faaaace!"
Hermione looked at Harry. "Oh my," said Hermione. "It's gone. Your scar!"

If that happened I would throw up.

Old September 26th, 2004, 1:32 am
Seventh Year

Something exciting and not too gay (AS IN HAPPY!!) . I don't want something like.... they all lived happily ever after because after years of pain,Voldemort was defeated by Harrry,the hero.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies