Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

The best possible ending?

Old September 26th, 2004, 2:47 am
First Year

You guys are morbid! Why do you all want harry to die? I would hate for Harry to die without having had some happy time...all his life he has lived with the Dursleys, who have treated him horrorbly and then at Hogwarts he has gone through drama all the years he's been there. I just think he deserves to have a family and leave some truly happy moments before he dies. I also don't want Ron or Hermione to die...I'm way too attached to them. I'm undecided whether I want Ron and Hermione to be a couple or Harry and Hermione to be together. Either way I think I would be happy with either couple. What can I say...I guess I like happy endings. The suspense is killing me, though.

Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2004, 2:57 am
First Year

Harry dying isn't going to happen. There'd be too many die-hard fans depressed, and Rowling wouldn't do that. I think maybe it would be good if Harry lived, but he was somehow tainted a little by the memory of all the terrible things that happened to him. Or maybe another character would die.

Now, I've never cried during any media, whether it be sorrow from movies, sadness from books, or frustration from video games, but I don't doubt that tears would trickle if Hermione would die during book 7, or 6 for that matter.

... Or maybe he gets hooked on drugs and spends his final years in a California state penetentiary.. KIDDING!

Best Director Ever!

Ron/Hermione Harry/Ginny
Old September 26th, 2004, 4:40 am
First Year

Personally, I would hate to see him die. However, after everything, it's kinda hard to think of an happy ending that wouldn't be kind of anticlimatic.

Old September 26th, 2004, 6:57 am
First Year

I would like to see Harry AND Voldemort die too. Tragic ending. But it is probably too dark for a children's book. Who knows.

Old September 26th, 2004, 8:20 am
First Year

Bittersweet is good...

I'd like to know that Ron and Hermione become a couple, but I don't want them together when they are still at school (or still have a lot of school left, anyway). I looove Snape, but I think I want him to die, I haven't decided yet. Perhaps once Harry finds a reason not to hate him so much...

Signature images can not be larger than 300 x 300 pixels
Old September 26th, 2004, 12:16 pm
Second Year

I just hope Harry survives in the final battle and finds his soulmate (*cough* Hermione *cough*) gets a bunch of children, just have the family he never had.

I can't imagine Harry dying in the end, that's just horrible.

Old September 26th, 2004, 2:26 pm
Fifth Year

He wins and doesn't die

Old September 26th, 2004, 2:49 pm
Second Year

I think Harry's gonna die. And a lot of the other characters, too.
We've already had a schoolboy die in a senseless act of brutality, and one of the most popular characters died in the last book, also in an act of senseless brutality.
And, as Rowling has said, each book is going to get darker.
Things do not look good.
Lupin? Dead. Dumbledore? Dead. Snape? Dead. A bunch of Weasleys? Dead.
Harry?
Definitely dead.

Old September 26th, 2004, 3:27 pm
First Year

I don't think that Harry absolutely HAS to die for the ending not to be too "happily ever after"-ish. Even if Harry survives, there can still be a lot of things that make the ending sad.

"It's a beautiful day... Sky falls, you feel like It's beautiful day... Don't let it get away...-U2"
Old September 26th, 2004, 4:04 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfish McCaul
Things do not look good.
Lupin? Dead. Dumbledore? Dead. Snape? Dead. A bunch of Weasleys? Dead.
Harry?
Definitely dead.
Hooray, you're as pessimistic as I am! I think there will be deaths galore, but that's fine by me. It's being built up as this huge war, and if any of the main characters don't die then it will seem a bit false and cheesy. The best possible ending for me is a thrilling final battle with plenty of twists and turns, and a kind of bittersweet ending: the good guys will triumph, but lots of them will die.

Old September 26th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Registered Animagus

I think it's going to be a case of PS, Harry will win but won't have a clue about it for ages afterwards, maybe he'll fall into a coma for ages, and wake up on September first or something...

FA CUP ROUND 3 - JANUARY 1ST 2009
WE'RE THE GREATEST EVER TEAM THE WORLD'S EVER SEEN - SOUTHEND UNITED FC

My blog:
http://thewritersodyssey.weebly.com/
Old September 26th, 2004, 5:18 pm
Seventh Year

Originally Posted by Herbert West
I think I'd prefer the Scooby Doo ending.

Voldemort: "I would've got away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids."

I think that there are many ways to end this.
1) Harry dies. This would make the most sense with everything that he has gone through. (I really don't want the LOTR ending with him going through the veil and smiling sadly at all his friends who are sobbing their eyes out)
2) He loses all his powers either because he has to use them to defeat Voldemort or because as soon as Voldemort dies all the stuff he transferred disappears. A muggle? Can't do that to him, he would be at the mercy of the Dursleys
3) He becomes much more powerful, possibly the new DD? Or more? This due to the power that Voldemort transfers into him. As Harry is a good person so the evil is transformed.
4) He becomes really evil from all the power Voldemort transfers into him, he cannot overcome the evil.
5) He lives, marries Ginny. The world gets back to normal

Voldemort Dies and 1) or 5) for me as the best scenario.
However, whatever Jo has up her sleeve will ok with me. I am and am not looking forward to the last book.

Bunny

Everyone has a photographic memory ... some, like me, just don't have any film
Old September 26th, 2004, 5:30 pm
Zonko's Employee

I can see it now, they have fought and fought in the Forest, finally Harry's wand is destroyed, and Voldemort sees Harry is defenseless. He laughes maniacally and starts to do a happy dance. Harry picks up a big rock and dashes his brains out.

Here he is on a summer vacation trip to the Canary Islands with Fluffy, his second favorite dog.
Old September 28th, 2004, 2:10 am
Second Year

Personally, I think the best ending would be if Ron, Lupin, herm, and Dumbledoor die at some point. Harry kills Voldemort then he goes throught the vail and reunites with his family.

what would come, would come.....and we would have to meet it when it did.
Old September 28th, 2004, 2:34 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny
5) He lives, marries Ginny. The world gets back to normal
Add to that he has a bunch of little ones running around.

Old September 28th, 2004, 2:47 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I want Harry to live, prosper, and be happy. And have Voldemort die, of course. I know there must be something about terrible Voldemort's past that made him what he is today, thus keeping me from thoroughly hating him. I think death is what he deserves.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can
The soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~Helen Keller

Eclipse | The Other Side of the Moon | Full Moon
Old September 28th, 2004, 2:52 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBeth
I want Harry to live, prosper, and be happy. And have Voldemort die, of course. I know there must be something about terrible Voldemort's past that made him what he is today, thus keeping me from thoroughly hating him. I think death is what he deserves.
Death for sure. Eye for an eye i say. I dunno....I hate the Malfoy's more than I hate Voldemort. Down with the Malfoy's I say too.

Old September 28th, 2004, 3:13 am
First Year

my predictions:

- harry will marry the "little love" he's going to find in book six that JK talked about on her site.

- hermione and ron will marry.

- hermione will be some sort of politician.

- ron will... do something.

- harry will be a professional seeker.

- author weasly for minister.

- minerva mcg. as hogwarts headmaster.

- people who will die: malfoy sr., dumbledore, lupin, pettigrew, lestrange.

- people in azkaban: malfoy jr., the majority of the death eaters.

- people kissed by dementors: voldemort, handed over to them by harry ("There are things worse than death, Tom," said Dumbledore/and it is common in the magic world to believe that being kissed by dementors would be worse than dying, and if harry hands him to the dementors, then the prophecy is still fulfilled.)

Old September 28th, 2004, 3:21 am
First Year

I too don't understand why everyone thinks Harry is going to die. Here is my relationship prediction:

Part One: The Star Wars relative theory
Harry= Luke Skywalker
Hermione= Princess Leia
Ron=Han Solo (a stretch, but it has to work for my theory)

Part Two: Everyone else
Harry gets together with either Ginny or Luna. Whichever of those two doesn't get with Harry gets with Neville.

I also think that Harry will start Auror training.

It's a fake wheel, dummy!
Old September 28th, 2004, 5:19 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian06
Honestly, I think the best possible ending for the series would be for Harry to die, honorably of course, but still die. I don't want a perfect ending, and it just wouldn't make sense, in my opinion, if Harry survived. Since the prophecy says that either Harry or Voldemort will have to kill the other, people naturally think that Harry will triumph over Voldemort, the Wizarding World will elect him the next Minister of Magic, while he simultaneously becomes the Headmaster of Hogwarts, and yadda yadda yadaa. It's just not like Rowling to tie everything up so perfectly and to have the reader be able to guess the ending correctly.
Read what I wrote in the "Aberforth is Grindelwald" thread.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies