Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Books you would like to see made into movies

Old July 7th, 2004, 11:41 pm
Second Year

Hmm Donna Tartt's "The Secret History" could make an interesting film...Umm nope can't think of another one, I agree with dink....Films tend to ruin a good book

Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2004, 11:45 pm
First Year

I want to see the "Chronicals of Narnia" (all seven books) made into movies. I think they are already working on "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe." I'd also like to see "The Hobbit" made into a movie, especially since the LOTR trilogy was so great.

Old July 8th, 2004, 12:16 am
First Year

I would love to see Eragon Made into a Movie

Old July 8th, 2004, 12:16 am
Seventh Year

I would like an Amelia to be turned into a film just as long as its similar or better then the book but too be honest other books by the author (Elizabeth Peters) have gone awol. Hitch-Hiker's guide to the Galaxy (hope they use more of the radio version actually).

First The Rift, next The Hub. Now Hub 3

Insanity's a gradual process, don't rush it. Ford Prefect
Old July 8th, 2004, 2:05 am
First Year

"Northern Lights" by Philip Pullman (i think it is called "The Goldan Compass" in the USA), which is the first in the trilogy of "His Dark Materials" is scheduled for release according to IMDB in 2005.

I would also like to see, as many others would, "The Hobbit" (produced by Peter Jackson) to be released.

Other books that could be made into films are :

* "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" series by Derek Adams (the first of these has already begun filming)

* "A Series Of Unfortunate Events" by Lemony Snicket (already started work on this)

* "Brother In The Land" by Robert Swindells

Old July 8th, 2004, 2:09 am
First Year

I would love to see the "Chroniles of Narnia" series and "His Dark Materials" trilogy made into movies. As you see I am a sucker for magical things.

Old July 8th, 2004, 4:47 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szymulation
I would love to see the "Chroniles of Narnia" series and "His Dark Materials" trilogy made into movies. As you see I am a sucker for magical things.
Well life is being good to you, because believe it or not, both of those are in the making right now ^^
And Nicole Kidman is going to play the White Witch or whatever...*pout* I wanted her to play Mrs. Coulter...

Old July 8th, 2004, 6:05 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicacarstens
I always thought the Stephanie Plum series (Janet Evanovich) would make fun movies.
Tri-Star owns the rights. They're supposedly working on a script. Woohoo!

I love them!

Old July 8th, 2004, 6:07 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitacus
First off, I'd love to see the entire 'The Dark Tower' series, by Stephen King, made into film. I read somewhere they were considering making it a cartoon series, possibly by the same people who do Samurai Jack and Star wars Clone Wars... but I don't think that style would be suitable.

YES! I would dearly love to see this as a trilogy, but Stephen says no. His official website says he doesn't want to disturb the way people have the books set up in their minds. He says:

"I haven't entirely ruled that idea out but for the next two or three years while the books have their initial run, I think that if you want the story of Roland, you'll have to get it at your bookstore rather than the local movie theater."

Old July 8th, 2004, 9:03 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incendio
"The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" series by Derek Adams (the first of these has already begun filming)
Where did you get "Derek" from? I don't know why that made me laugh so much.... Douglas Adams will surely be chuckling in his grave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Snape
And Nicole Kidman is going to play the White Witch
No she's not. She has no connection with the Narnia film at all. That was just a rumour.

Old July 8th, 2004, 2:53 pm
First Year

I would love to see the Artemis fowl books made into a movie

Old July 8th, 2004, 2:54 pm
First Year

Waaa Boooks!

Discworld (specifically, the Last Hero) by Terry Pratchett and Abarat by Clive Barker

Old July 8th, 2004, 3:06 pm
Fifth Year

Discworld too but I would like to see Mort.

Roz.

3. Be excellent to each other.
4. If in doubt check the FAQ.

If you break them you won't get a permission slip for Hogsmede. Now let the feast commence."
Old July 8th, 2004, 3:19 pm
First Year

Oh God 'Mort' was great Never mind. I'm switching my vote to Mort...either 'Mort' or 'the Color of Magic' or 'Equal Rites'...and I'm just getting started on 'The Light Fantastic'

Old July 8th, 2004, 3:44 pm
First Year

1. Hitchhikers guide
2. The Hobbit
3. Chronicals of Narnia
4. Silmarillion
5. something grand about Greek mythology
6. Baudolino (Umberto Eco)

Old July 8th, 2004, 3:53 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dink
Where did you get "Derek" from? I don't know why that made me laugh so much.... Douglas Adams will surely be chuckling in his grave.

No she's not. She has no connection with the Narnia film at all. That was just a rumour.
Truly?! Than that means we have a chance! My day has just been made.

Old July 8th, 2004, 5:15 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Lexis
1. Left Behind books-in fact Steven Speilberg signed on to make all the books into movies. And they are going to remake the first two. Thank God!

Where did you hear that? That's so exciting! Those are my favorite books besides the Harry Potter. I've read them all about 5 times. I've seen the first two movies, but they are really cheesy.

Anyway, as for books to movies: The Left Behind Series, The Hobbit, and The Chronicals of Narnia.

Old July 8th, 2004, 5:55 pm
Secret Keeper

Why stop at A Space Odyssey 2010 and not finish off with A Odyssey 2061 and the Final Odyssey 3001, I would love to see these two as films. The Hobb it too would be great.

Old July 8th, 2004, 6:15 pm
First Year

The Wind on Fire Trilogy I think would make good movies although they would probably have to get different actors between the first and sencond ones because they grow up so much in between. The Kingdom of the Golden Dragon would make are really good adventure movie. The Davinci Code and Hithch-hiker's guide would make good ones to and I heard rumors that they are already getting started on those.

Old July 8th, 2004, 6:24 pm
Master of the Magical Arts

None in particular. Different art forms and all that although letting Tim Burton and Joss Whedon loose in Hogwarts would be fun. Disturbing, probably, but fun.

I'd like to have a shot at adapting Good Omens.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion