Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts

Harry Potter year 6

Old May 21st, 2005, 2:11 am
Animaga terpsichore

Harry Potter year 6

Hey everyone this is my first fanfic, its on Harry's 6th year at Hogwarts and I hope you all like it. Sry, but so far (as you can tell) I do not have a title, as I am not finished with the story, so yeah enjoy and comment whenever you like!!

Disclaimer- I do not own Harry Potter, nor will I ever!!! Though I wish I did...

Keep On Dancing Til The World Ends

Last edited by lil_snuffles; November 21st, 2005 at 1:39 am.
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2005, 9:28 pm
Animaga terpsichore

Chap.1: Deep Depression

On the Street of Privet Drive, all anyone would want to do is be out side in the nice, cool weather. All except one person. Harry Potter, soon to be 16, was in his room, laying on his bed and staring at the ceiling, thinking of what had happened last year in the Department of Mysteries. Thinking of how he had thought that his godfather, Sirius Black, was in trouble. Problem was, Sirius was in no danger. Voldemort had tricked Harry into the DOM to save his godfather.

As Harry thought about what had happened, he felt tears come to his eyes as he had only known his godfather for not even 2 years and now he was gone. Harry felt a pang of guilt as he thought of Remus Lupin, his ex-professorfrom his 3rd year at Hogwarts. Remus and Sirius had been friends since their 1st year at Hogwarts. Harry had a feeling that Remus was taking Sirius' death harder then Harry was.

Last edited by lil_snuffles; June 28th, 2006 at 5:35 pm.
Old May 24th, 2005, 9:26 pm
Animaga terpsichore

Yeah, I know the first post is short, but please give me time, and you will see longer ones, promise!

Last edited by lil_snuffles; November 21st, 2005 at 1:42 am.
Old May 26th, 2005, 9:22 pm
Animaga terpsichore

As Harry was about to go to the kitchen to get something to eat, he heard a 'tap tap' on his window. He turned to see his owl, Hedwig, carrying a letter. After he let her in, he grabbed the letter and opened it. It was from Remus Lupin.

Dear Harry,

How are you? Tomarrow morning, Tonks, Moody, and I are coming to get you to take you to headquarter's (you know where). Be ready at 10:00am. When we get there, me and you need to have a talk. See you tomarrow.

-Remus

Harry was so excited to be leaving the Dursley's to see his friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. But his excitment fell when he thought about going to Grimmauld Place. Thats where his Godfather used to live and he was scared that going back would bring back to many memories. He then decided to go downstairs to tell his aunt and uncle.

Last edited by lil_snuffles; June 28th, 2006 at 5:35 pm.
Old May 29th, 2005, 11:37 pm
Animaga terpsichore

When Harry went downstairs, he saw Petunia, Vernon, and Dudley watching TV.

"Umm... Aunt Petunia, my teacher from Hog- I mean my school is coming to pick me up for the rest of the summer and I wont see you till next summer," said Harry, hoping they would let him go.

"GOOD RIDDANCE!!" yelled Uncle Vernon, getting up and getting in Harry's face. " when will he be coming?"

"Tomarrow at 10:00 am," said Harry," I have to go and pack," said Harry, and as he left, he heard his uncle yell," he better not come like the last time your kind was here!"

Once Harry got back to his room, he wrote a letter to Remus.

Dear Remus,
My aunt and uncle said I could go. Please appearate into my room so you dont freak them out. See you and Tonks tomarrow. -Harry

After Harry sent out the letter, he started packing, excited about leaving, but not excited about going to Sirius', since he wasnt going to be there. Around 12:00 am, he decided to get some sleep, since he didnt want Mrs. Weasley getting worried that he wasnt getting enough sleep, which was true because he kept on having dreams about Sirius. Finally he fell asleep and into a nightmare...

Last edited by lil_snuffles; June 28th, 2006 at 5:37 pm.
Old May 30th, 2005, 9:07 pm
Animaga terpsichore

Chapter 2-The Dream

Harry was walking down a dark corridor, and as he opened a door, he noticed that he was in the Department of Mysteries. Then he entered the rom with the veil in it, and where Siruis had died, but the veil wasnt the only thing in there. Harry saw his godfather standing by the veil.

"Sirius..." whispered Harry, running down to him, but Sirius stopped him.

"You killed me, Harry..." said Sirius, in a deep voice.

"Sirius, I-I didnt mean to," said Harry, tears streaming down his face.

Then he heard two pops behind him. He turned to see who it was. It was his mother and father, staring menacingly at him.

"Harry, you killed all of us..." they both said together. Then Sirius and his parents disappeared in a flash of light.

"NOOOOOOOOO...." yelled Harry, as he slumped down onto the floor and started crying.

"HARRY, WAKE UP!!"

Harry awoke with a start, sweat pouring down his face and his scar was burning. He then noticed that Remus and Tonks were there. They both looked extremely concerned. Remus looked much older, with dark circles under his eyes, and looked really tired. Tonks looked the same , just not as much as Remus. Then Harry noticed that he was on the floor.

"Harry, are you okay?" said Remus, helping Harry up and leading him to his bed.

Once Harry had caught his breath, he said "Yeah, I think." and when this didnt take the looks off of Remus and Tonks' faces, he said " I'll be fine, I just need to get some rest once we get to Grimmauld Place. When are we leaving?" asked Harry, feeling alot better.

"In a few minutes, we are taking a portkey," said tonks, right when Harry was going to ask how they were going to get there.

Minutes later, Remus announced that it was time to go. With the help of Remus, since he was still weak from the dream, Harry gathered all of his belongings and went to Tonks who was holding, what looked like an old shoe. As soon as they touched it, Harry felt a pull behind his navel and they were on their way to Grimmauld Place.

Last edited by lil_snuffles; June 28th, 2006 at 5:38 pm.
Old May 31st, 2005, 12:15 am
Animaga terpsichore

Chapter 3-Back to Grimmauld Place.

Once Harry had gotten off the floor from the impact of the portkey, he looked around at the surroundings. Everything still looked the same, except it looked a little cleaner. He noticed that he was in the kitchen and he wasnt the only one there. He saw Remus, Tonks, Mad-Eye Moody, Professor's Dumbledore, McGonagell, and the one person in the world he did not want to see at this very moment, Snape, his potions teacher.

'Stupid greasy git,' thought Harry, 'because of you, Sirius is dead.'

With one last look, Harry ran out of the kitchen, not taking his stuff, wanting to get out of there before anyone could stop him. Right when Harry got into the hallway, he slumped down against the wall, and started crying, uncontrollably.

"Harry!"

Harry looked up to see Remus running up to him.

"Harry, whats wrong?"asked Remus, embracing him into a hug.

"I've already been here for two minutes and I already cant stand being here. Everywhere I look, I always expect to see Sirius," said Harry, crying even harder then he was. "It was my fault he died. If I had listened to Hermione and practiced Occlumency, he wouldn't be dead."

Lupin held even tighter onto Harry and said," Harry listen to me, okay. It was not your fault, It was Voldemort and Lestranges', they are the ones responsable, not you," said Lupin, still holding Harry.

After they sat there for a couple of minutes, Harry asked, his face still buried in his shirt, "has Dumbledore told you about the prophecy?"

"no, all he said that it was smashed."

"Well, after the whole incident, he took me back to his office and told it to me."

Then Harry recited to Remus what the prophecy had said. After Harry was done, Remus just stared at him. Then, without thinking, Remus wrapped Harry in a huge embrace, and they both started crying. The Prophecy meant that either Harry had to kill Voldemort or vice-versa. After a couple of minutes, Remus noticed that Harry had stopped crying and had fallen sleep. Remus then picked Harry up and carried him to his room.

Last edited by lil_snuffles; June 28th, 2006 at 5:38 pm.
Old May 31st, 2005, 10:53 pm
Animaga terpsichore

When Harry woke up, he noticed that he was in his and Ron's room. The room was a mess, with a whole bunch of books thrown all over the floor and everything was really dusty. Once Harry found his glasses, he got up, got dressed, and headed downstairs, hoping to see Remus or his best friends.

When he got down there he decided to look in the kitchen. When he entered, he saw Ron, who looked like he had grown 3 more inches, and Hermione, her hair a bushy as ever. As soon as he entered, Hermione ran up to him and engulfed him in a rib-craking hug.

"Oh my god, Harry! How are you? Remus told us what had happened. Oh, we should have been there for you, I'm so sorry, Harry, I..." she would have gone on longer, but to Harry's relief, Ron stopped her.

"Let him breathe, Hermione," he said, laughing as Hermione let go." So how are ya, mate?" asked Harry, slapping him on the back.

"Better then yesterday," said Harry, laughing. So how were your summers?" asked Harry, as they all sat down.

"Boring, pretty much. I have just been helping Fred and George with their joke shop. Buissness is booming," yelled Ron, right when Harry was going to ask.

"How about you Hermione?" asked Harry, turning to her.

"Good, I had just gotten back from Bulgaria, visiting Victor," said Hermione, recieving a look of annoyance from Ron, then he said," So Harry, how about a game of quidditch?"

Last edited by lil_snuffles; June 28th, 2006 at 5:39 pm.
Old June 2nd, 2005, 4:14 am
Animaga terpsichore

Hey everyone I hope you are enjoying the story!

Last edited by lil_snuffles; November 21st, 2005 at 2:29 am.
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:36 am
Animaga terpsichore

"I cant,"said Harry, gloomily. "I havent gotten my broom back."

"Actually, Harry," said Ron, grinning from ear to ear," Me and Hermione have a surprise." Then Ron and Hermione pulled a package from under the table and gave it to Harry. Harry then opened it and saw his firebolt, in perfect condition.

"How..." whispered Harry, totally speechless, his eyes filling with tears again. This broom was the first present from his godfather, and he charished it.

"Well, before you got here, me and Ron sent an owl to McGonagell saying that you should be back on the team because you didn't deserve to be kicked of the team. She actually agreed and brought it last night. She would have given it to you personally, but after what happened last night..." said Hermione, not finishing her sentence.

"Thanks so much you guys." said Harry, taking his broom off the table, then said, "How about we eat then go outside to play?"

So after they ate breakfast, (Hemrione cooked, with the help of Harry) all three of them, Hermione watched, went outside. When Harry got on his broom, he seemed to forget about all of his guilt and sorrow, and enjoyed being back on his broom. After two hours of playing, they all went back inside and played wizard chess and told more about their summers.

Last edited by lil_snuffles; June 28th, 2006 at 5:42 pm.
Old June 18th, 2005, 10:21 pm
Animaga terpsichore

Chap.4- The Letter

Once they had gotten done playing a few games of chess (Ron won all of them), they decided to take a look around the house. When they got to the 3rd floor, they looked inside of all the rooms. When they reached one of them at the end of the hall, they entered and immediatly noticed that they were in the master bedroom. It was so big, it almost looked like the gryffindor dormitries. There was a king sized four poster bed, a desk that was littered with parchment and quills, and a wardrobe. There were also pictures all over the wall, pictures of the marauder's... Then Hermione voiced exactly what Harry was thinking.

"Harry," said Hermione, in a small voice. "I think this is Sirius' room. Then they moved closer to the desk and noticed a yellowing parchment laying there. Harry slowly picked it up and saw that it was addressed to him, from Sirius.

Harry James Potter
Number 12 Grimmauld Place

Dear Harry,

I knew that this day might come.Working in the order also means taking your life in your hands and risking it everyday. You will be reading this letter if I am gone. (and I hope a decent honoring way.) Harry, your mother and father were wonderful people. They were always kind. No matter what they did in school or before they were married. Dont ever forget that they loved each other, but most importanly, they loved you. This love for you has protected you and kept you safe. Dont let Voldemort and his followers take you down to their level. I know what you are feeling, you have lost alot of people in your life. Dont mourn for the dead, but cling to your friends that are living. Voldemort wants you to give up and mourn. DO NOT fall into his plan. Many people in the order risk their lives and family to stop him. And most lose this battle to self pity. Keep your head high, and learn as much as you can. Dont get into to much trouble Now is a very dangerous time to be roaming around at night. Use your possestions wisely.

You are wondering if you will see me again. I dont know, but someday it may happen. I have inclosed a copy of my will, leaving a place for my somewhat useless possesstions. Please be sure it is read to the order and yourself. Harry, I was honored to be your godfather, and I am so very proud of your acclomplishments. Dont give up on your dreams, and please know that you were like the son I never had. I love you.

Sincerely,

Sirius Black
Snuffles
Padfoot

-----------------------------------------------
I would like to thank Kappa for helping me with Sirius' letter. I hope you like this post!

Last edited by lil_snuffles; June 28th, 2006 at 5:42 pm.
Old June 19th, 2005, 7:57 pm
Animaga terpsichore

Please leave feedback, link on my signature.

Last edited by lil_snuffles; November 21st, 2005 at 2:34 am.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 11:26 pm
Animaga terpsichore

After Harry had finished reading the letter, his hands were shaking so badly, that he dropped the letter, slumped against the wall, and started crying.

"Oh Harry..." said Hermione, sitting down by him, and embracing him in a hug. Harry started crying harder, not caring that Ron was there watching. "Just let it out, Harry." said Hermione, rubbing his back.

" Hermione, it was all my fault he died. If I had just used the mirror he gave me, and listened to you, and practiced Occlumency, he wouldn't have gone to the DOM and tried to save me, and he would still be here..." sobbed Harry.

"Harry," said Ron, sitting by him. "It's not your fault. You were only doing what you thought was right." finished Ron, giving Harry a brotherly hug.

As Ron said this, Harry was thinking about telling them about the prophecy, but he wasent ready yet, and he didn't want them to be even more worried then they were already.

Last edited by lil_snuffles; June 28th, 2006 at 5:43 pm.
Old June 24th, 2005, 11:15 pm
Animaga terpsichore

After a couple of minutes, they heard the door bell ring. When they ran down to get it, Hermione opened it and in came Fred and George Weasley.

"Harry, how are ya mate!!!" said Fred, runnning over and shaking his hand aggressively. Harry was about to answer, but then George ran over.

"How splendid it is to see ya!!!!" said, George, pushing Fred away and shaking Harry's hand.

"Hey guys," said Harry, laughing," I'm fine," he said as they all went to the kitchen to have lunch.

As Hermione started making lunch, Fred and George started telling them the progress they were making at their joke shop.

"Oh yeah, Mum told us to tell you that there is a order meeting at Hogwarts and she wont be here until 6:00," said Fred, as Hermione put sandwitches on the table.

"So...I'm guessing you two arent aloud in the Order yet?" asked Harry, grabbing a sandwitch.

"Well, Dumbledore said we could, but Mum thinks we arent responsable and mature enough to be in it, just because we left school a month early," said George, taking a bite out of his sandwitch. "And speaking of the Order, we were listening in on a meeting 2 days before you came Harry, and they said that you-know-who, so far, is lying low, thank god!!"

Last edited by lil_snuffles; June 28th, 2006 at 5:43 pm.
Old June 27th, 2005, 1:14 am
Animaga terpsichore

I would like to thank LadyDraco90 and Kappa for taking time to read my story!!! Thank you!!!

Old June 29th, 2005, 4:46 pm
Animaga terpsichore

Chap. 5: O.W.L.s

After they ate lunch, Fred and George got up and said,"We are gonna go see mum and see if she will let us take you to our shop and give you the grand tour." and they disappearated. Then Ron, Harry, and Hermione decided to go to the living room and talk.

"So Harry," said Ron, after a couple minutes of silence," Do you think we should start up the DA again?"

The DA (A.K.A Dumbledore's Army) was a group of students made up by the trio to practice defensive spells in secret last year when their incompetent teacher, Professor Umbridge, werent letting them use defensive spells, only reading out of a text book.

"Well," said Harry," I'm not sure, I mean, maybe this year, we will have a better teacher, but if everyone wants to still do it, I can talk to Dumbledore and see if we can do it in public, whenever he comes around here."

"Well, he should be coming pretty soon, once we tell him about the will," said Hermione, opening one of her books and started reading.

After a couple of minutes, they heard two pops and Fred and George appeared.

"Well bad news," said George, sitting down.

"They were still in the meeting, so Dumbledore heard us ask mum, and of course, he said no," said Fred, sitting by George.

"Figures," said Harry," So, how about a game of quiddtch?"

"Again?" said Hermione, still buried in her book.

"I'm with ya Harry," said Ron, running outside.

"Lets go!" yelled the twins, running after Ron.

"Are you coming?" said Harry, getting up.

"No I'll just stay in here," said Hermione, looking up from her book.

"Okay, see you in a bit," said Harry, making his way outside.

Last edited by lil_snuffles; June 28th, 2006 at 5:44 pm.
Old June 29th, 2005, 9:42 pm
Animaga terpsichore

After three hours of playing, Harry, Ron, and the twins decided to head in. When they got back inside, they went to the living room and saw Hermione, still reading, though it was a different book.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to ask you guys," said Harry, sitting down," Where's Ginny? I havent seen her since I got here."

"Forgot to tell ya mate," said Ron, as George went to go to the kitchen," She's in Romania visiting Charlie."

"She has been there since school let out," said George coming back in and handing out butterbeers. "So, do you guys wanna play a game of Exploding Snap?" asked George.

So after some games of Snap for two hours, they heard the door bell ring. Fred went to go open the dorr and in came Remus, Mad-eye Moody, Tonks and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.

Last edited by lil_snuffles; June 28th, 2006 at 5:46 pm.
Old July 3rd, 2005, 12:23 am
Animaga terpsichore

"Oh, how are you dear," said Mrs. Weasley, coming over to Harry and giving him one of her trademark hugs. "You look a little peaky. Have those relatives of yours been feeding you at all. Well, I will fix that," she finished heading to the kitchen.

"Hey everyone we have a surprise for you all," said Remus, pulling out three envelopes. O.W.L. results!!!"

Harry and Ron just groaned while Hermione ran over to Remus and grabbed the envelopes, almost knocking down Remus in the process. As Hermione gave Harry his envelope, he noticed that his and Ron's were a bit thicker then Hermione's. They just stared at their envelopes.

"Well, dont just sit there, open them!" said Hermione, tearing hers open.

When Harry opened his, three pieces of parchment came out. Harry looked at the O.W.L. results first.

Dear Mr. Potter,

This contains the results of the Ordinary Wizarding Level you took in June. The results stand by:

Outstanding: O
Exceeds Expectations: E
Acceptable: A
Poor: P
Dreadful: D
Troll: T

--------------------------------------------

Defence Against the Dark Arts: O+
Potions: O
Tranfiguration: E
Divination: T
History of Magic: A
Astronomy: E- Due to the disturbance during this Exam, all grades were added by 5 points.
Charms: E
Care of Magical Creatures: O

Harry just stared at his letter. Then, without warning, Hermione grabbed it and started looking at it. Then Harry opened up the next letter.

Dear Mr. potter,

I am pleased to inform you that your quiddtch ban has been lifted (though you were probably already told by Miss Granger and Mr. Weasley) and I am also pleased to inform you that you are now Gryffindor Quidditch Co-Captain. I expect that Quiddtch cup to stay in my office, and good luck!

Professor M. McGonagell

PS- Congradulations on your OWLs, your parents would be proud.

Surprisingly, at the same time, both Harry and Ron yelled, "I made Quidditch Co-Captain!!!"

"Congrats Harry!" said Ron, giving him a brotherly hug. (A/N: OH How sweet!!)

"You too mate," said, returning the hug.

"let me see your results," said Remus, as Hermione passed Harry's to Remus. After a couple of minutes, Remus came over and gave him a hug." Your parents would be so proud of you," said Remus, then said "and congrats on Quidditch Captain, you know, your father also became captain in his 6th year."

"NO WAY!!" said Ron and Harry at the same time. "Well, like father like son, right Harry?" said Ron, giving him a slap on the back.

Last edited by lil_snuffles; June 28th, 2006 at 5:46 pm.
Old July 3rd, 2005, 5:30 am
Animaga terpsichore

After getting congratulations from everyone (and a rib cracking hug from Mrs. Weasley) they all sat down for dinner. The only people present were Harry, Ron, Hermione, the twins, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, and Remus. Tonks and Mad-eye Moody had left.

"Ron, what did you get on your OWLs?" asked Harry, remembering he did'nt see Ron's.

"I did pretty good," said Ron, passing his to Harry. After Harry looked at them, he looked at Ron and said," Hey, at least you dont need to take Potions with Snape!" said Harry, passing the results back to Ron. "And what did you get Hermione?" asked Harry.

"I got all O's!" said Hermione passing them to Harry and Ron. Their jaws dropped as they looked at her results. She was correct. She had gotten all O's, even Astronomy.

"Congrats Hermione!" said Ron and Harry at the same time.

After dinner, the kids all went up to bed. Harry and Ron stayed up for another hour talking about the up coming year.

"So who do you think will be the Defence teacher?" said Ron, getting into his pajama's and sliding into bed.

"Who knows, but I hope we dont have another Umbridge," said Harry as he glanced at his right hand that held the scars of his detentions with Umbridge, 'I Must Not Tell Lies.'

Ron must have seen Harry glance at his hand because he said," You still have the scars?" When Harry nodded, he said," I recken you sould tell someone, now that shes not teaching there anymore." finished Ron

Harry shrugged it off and said," well good night Ron," and he had the first Dreamless sleep he has had in weeks, with no dreams of his godfather, and none of Voldemort.

Last edited by lil_snuffles; June 28th, 2006 at 5:47 pm.
Old July 3rd, 2005, 11:10 pm
Animaga terpsichore

Chap. 5 is now called 'O.W.L.s' Chap. 6 will be called 'The Will'

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts