Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Future Plot Twists

Old June 28th, 2004, 1:51 am
Third Year

Now this is becoming the 'how has the craziest ending' thread

I think that the biggest twist would be if Neville is the only one that could kill LV. At least, the biggest plausible twist.

Or the Dementors could perform a passionate french kiss and suck out everyone's soul.

Last edited by ramones; July 8th, 2004 at 5:05 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2004, 2:11 am
First Year

id thinkin draco saves harry! or ron becomes a d.e and kills hermoine in his attempt to kill harry then harry kills everyone just to make sure theres no one who can switch sides and kill him. oh and i have a feeling one of the 3 will get kidnapped by voldie. something like that!

Old June 28th, 2004, 2:19 am
First Year

If one of the Dursley's turned out to be a witch or wizard

Old June 28th, 2004, 2:54 am
First Year

Quote:
Or Petunia is a squib
well that cant be true becasue a squib has to come from an enire wizarding family and lily and patunias mother were "so proud to have a witch in the family" so obvioulsy ther parents weren't magical.

i do think that either ron/hermy will go against harry for a while but then reolize the error of their ways and come back...but they will have already passed secret info to voldy.

Old June 28th, 2004, 2:55 am
Sixth Year

Ok here's another try with my everybody turning into dragons idea: LV turns himself into a dragon to try to kill Harry. Harry says, 'its deja vu all over again' and summons his Firebolt. However, he then realizes that the Firebolt would only help if it could shoot firebolt at the dragon, and even then it probably won't help too much...so he turns himself into a bigger dragon so he can fight LV. At this point, Harry and LV both realize that they can't use their wands because they are dragons and don't have hands, so they can never change themselves back into people. And since they're dragons, they can't talk either, so they can't ask anyone else to turn them back into people. Hagrid finds the two dragons, teaches them to get along together, and they all live happily ever after. The rest of the magical world notices that Harry and LV are gone, but just figures that they destroyed each other. Everybody goes on with their lives. Sorry if I'm fixating on dragons, but I really want the series to end with Hagrid getting at least one more dragon.

My RAB theory:The R.A.B. discovered 'The Secret Riddle' theory
For reference:RAB related quotes
Old June 28th, 2004, 3:00 am
First Year

Biggest twist: A twist on a twist already offered....Harry wakes up as in Bk 1.
He hears the rap on the door of the cupboard."Harry, you fell asleep in there again. come and get your breakfast. But be quiet, your dad's not up yet!" said Lily. It was all a dream.

Old June 28th, 2004, 3:06 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix41
Biggest twist: A twist on a twist already offered....Harry wakes up as in Bk 1.
He hears the rap on the door of the cupboard."Harry, you fell asleep in there again. come and get your breakfast. But be quiet, your dad's not up yet!" said Lily. It was all a dream.

I like that idea ^^. I doubt that would happen but that is what i was thinking the biggest twist could be also. But the only thing is....is that JK Rowling said that the last word of the 7th book is "scar." So how would it end...."There Harry laid after just waking up finding no scar." You think it could end like that?

I love all the books and movies...especially Emma Watson!
Old June 28th, 2004, 3:08 am
First Year

I think that the biggest twist she could get away with is having Neville as the one the prophesy was about, not Harry. THAT would make things VERY interesting....

Give her hell from us Peeves!

Butler's little sister, Juliet, was sitting at the foot of the stairs. Her gaze was boring a hole in the wall. Even the glitter mascara couldn't soften her expression. Artemis had seen that look already, just before Juliet had suplexed a particularly impudent pizza boy. The suplex, Artemis gathered, was a wrestling move. An unusual obsession for a teenage girl. But then again she was, after all, a Butler.

-Artemis Fowl, Book one.
Old June 28th, 2004, 3:10 am
Third Year

Actually what I think might happen is Harry might defeat Voldemort and die in the process. When he does die, he goes back to being a baby with his parents, Sirius/everyone else still alive and has a normal life (growing up with Ron and Hermione at Hogwarts, etc)

Personally I think that there would be a happy ending somehow.

Reasons I've been a member of the forums for THREE YEARS, and still am only a third year and didn't post that much.....

Being a music education major at IUP taking 18+ credits a semester, teaching private students as a job (and soon a steady job), more ensembles/activities than I have time for and a horrible computer connection... ok that's my excuse. This is pretty much a Christmas break/summer activity for me.
First Year

A big twist would be that Harry's owl is an amigous and is actually a messenger for Voldemort

First Year

Geneieve: I'm intrigued by JKR offering 2 boys as the possible child in Prophesy 1, too.
Or even the fact that they both are involved. The phrasing of it with all of the ... makes me wonder if her intention was to offer us this clue. She could have just used several sentences instead of one huge run-on! Also, some like to consider the word "hand" as it could pertain to Pettigrew's new silver hand!

Old June 28th, 2004, 3:11 am
Sixth Year

What about Voldemort accidentely destroying himself by falling in love? With whom...how about Ginny? He had a connection with her in CoS, and by the end she'll be all grown up...I think that would be funny.

My RAB theory:The R.A.B. discovered 'The Secret Riddle' theory
For reference:RAB related quotes
Old June 28th, 2004, 3:19 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
Hogwarts actually turns out to be a mental asylum for strange people who think they are wizards and witches.
THAT would be horrible. I like what Lavendar Brown said about voldemort tricking harry into thinking Sirius is back or something... that's awful. But then again Voldemort already used Sirius to lure Harry out so maybe that wouldnt happen or Harry would be wiser the next time aound?

Old June 28th, 2004, 3:25 am
Fifth Year

I reckon the biggest twist would be anything not mentioned in this (or any similar) thread because then it will be totally unexpected and a huge surprise

Old June 28th, 2004, 3:34 am
First Year

I think some plot twist will revolve around Lily/Harry's eyes. Maybe she won't really be her mother and the real reason Harry didn't die is something to do with the prophecy, or another prophecy, or something. You know how in the Philosophers Stone (I can't spell Sorceror/er/jhsfhsflkr' haha) Mr Olivander mentions James' wand being excellent for transfiguration and James was an animagus? Maybe Lily's wand being good for charms will involve some big secret/twist...

Old June 28th, 2004, 3:35 am
First Year

I completely agree. JK's mind is a very complicated place that we, meer mortals, never will be able to comprehend completely.

Butler's little sister, Juliet, was sitting at the foot of the stairs. Her gaze was boring a hole in the wall. Even the glitter mascara couldn't soften her expression. Artemis had seen that look already, just before Juliet had suplexed a particularly impudent pizza boy. The suplex, Artemis gathered, was a wrestling move. An unusual obsession for a teenage girl. But then again she was, after all, a Butler.

-Artemis Fowl, Book one.
Old June 28th, 2004, 3:36 am
First Year

Ya know what would be an interesting twist? Is if the theroy of Lupin and James switching bodies was half correct, only it was Lupin and Lily who switched bodies. Now THAT would be interesting.

-Artemis Fowl, Book one.
Old June 28th, 2004, 3:51 am
First Year

eep, the thought, hmm, biggest twist...that the entire wizarding world was a figment of a bunch of muggles' imaginations...ruin the whole story really

(has returned from hiatus)

umm...
Old June 28th, 2004, 4:06 am
Banned

Harry and Voldemort fight in an out-if-body battle of the minds. Harry wins, but his mind reenters the wrong body. Harry finds himself trapped in Voldemort's body with his body being empty. Everyone thinks that Harry was killed, and Neville tries to kill Voldemort, not realising that its actually Harry. Snape, using his Legilimency skills, realises that it is Harry and stops Neville, saving Harry's life. Harry then has to live the rest of his life in Lord Voldemort's body.

Old June 28th, 2004, 4:42 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravDogg
Harry and Voldemort fight in an out-if-body battle of the minds. Harry wins, but his mind reenters the wrong body. Harry finds himself trapped in Voldemort's body with his body being empty. Everyone thinks that Harry was killed, and Neville tries to kill Voldemort, not realising that its actually Harry. Snape, using his Legilimency skills, realises that it is Harry and stops Neville, saving Harry's life. Harry then has to live the rest of his life in Lord Voldemort's body.
Whoa, that's a great twist. I wouldn't like that to be the ending but good theory.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives