Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

How will Voldemort be defeated?

Old March 3rd, 2003, 7:15 pm
Second Year

How will Voldie be defeated?

Has anyone any interesting theories about how Voldemort will, or even if he ever will be defeated?

I believe there should be other things that should contribute to his downfall. In the graveyard after the third task in GoF, he used Harry's blood, Wormtail's flesh, and his father's bone.

Harry's blood, maybe if Voldemort has Harry's blood in him he can't kill Harry. Dumbledore said at the end of PoA that Wormtail was in debt to Harry. Voldemort now is composed partly of Harry, and partly of someone in debt to Harry. This means he's partly composed of his arch enemy, who he's trying to kill.

Any ideas?
:-S

James
(I'm a newbie, so don't kill me.. please?)

Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2003, 7:46 pm
Fifth Year

Interesting theory, I never really thought about this...
I think that wormtail will turn against him at the last minute, to repay his debt.

Old March 3rd, 2003, 8:22 pm
First Year

Well I am pretty sure he can kill Harry. But as to how he will be killed. I think it will be a muggle way. I think it would be fitting somehow.

Old March 3rd, 2003, 10:21 pm
Third Year

If magic can't kill him then a muggle way really won't! But that would be such a weird plot twist, maybe he could be electrictuted (spelling :'( ). Sorry just a random thought lol.

Old March 3rd, 2003, 11:47 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I reckon it would be ironic for a muggle way to kill him, probably also the last thing Voldy would expect but... I dont know if i can see it happening. If you think about it, guns would probably be the easiest coz you can kill quickly at a distance (someone could pick him off at a distance with a sniper rifle), but they require training to shoot. Also, I reckon the MoM would prohibit the posession of them.

I am NOT a hobbit! (pic taken by the lovely Kizz of me with the Witch King of Angmar)
Old March 4th, 2003, 8:27 am
Second Year

Interesting...

I can't see Wormtail turning against him at any point, mainly because Voldemort will still have supporters, and we know Wormtail is a coward.

I can't see him being killed by a Muggle way, although it would be ironic. I know JK has said she'll answer this in HP & OotP, but does anyone have any idea what Harry's parents did? Maybe this was something to do with the Avada Kedravra curse, or Voldemort. At the very least I'd expect James Potter to be an Auror.

*James*

Old March 4th, 2003, 8:32 am
Superman

I don't think he'll actually die. I believe he'll receive a "fate worse than death". Yep I think he will be destroyed by the Dementors, I think there has to be a reason why JK mentioned that line and I don't think anyone deserves that more than Voldemort.

Ronald Weasley is Harry's best friend, best known to his peers as living proof that God doesn't exist.

Hermione Granger is Harry's other friend. She possesses the "plot device", a mystical artifact famed for its ability to counter the feared Wryter's Block.

Ginny Weasley The girl Harry loves. Without her, Harry would have been just as emo in the sixth book as he was in the fifth book.

Source: Uncyclopedia
Old March 4th, 2003, 11:09 am
Fourth Year

Very good thread, and very good theories, all of you. While I haven't a clue as to how Voldemort will die, that is to say if he dies. I for one like what JamesI said: Voldemort is now comprised of Harry, Wormtail, and Tom Riddle Sr. A fact I do not take lightly. And a fact that I think, will have major importance later in the series. Let's stick with that and maybe we can figure something out?

Old March 4th, 2003, 11:22 am
Second Year

Tom Marvolo Riddle Snr. is a Muggle?

Voldie's killing Muggles................

Voldie hates Muggles.................

Old March 4th, 2003, 12:09 pm
Registered Animagus

Perhaps the spell he used to bring himself back won't work after Harry dies?
Or.. Lily's love only protects Harry even inside Voldemort and it weakens his powers?

Maybe he'll try to track Harry down at the Dursleys and Dudley will sit on him.

Old March 4th, 2003, 6:38 pm
Second Year

Nice theory.. maybe death by Dudley would be too harsh a fate even for Voldemort. On second thoughts, I take that back!

Maybe Voldemort will kill the Dursleys?

Old March 4th, 2003, 7:58 pm
Seventh Year

I, too, think a muggle way of killing would be great. Not only would it be ironic, but it's one of the one thing he knows little about (other than things like compassion, which defeated him once) ... He'd have to be out-tricked rather than outpowered, because he's much too powerful himself. Or maybe another spell that can be achieved by another power working alongside magical power (love, hope etc.). That or by using knowledge of muggles would be a matched way to get him without trying to equal him in magical power.

But beyond the way in which would be sensible to defeat him, I haven't the foggiest.

Old March 4th, 2003, 8:37 pm
Fourth Year

I kind of like the idea of Voldemort being killed in a muggle way, but I doubt that will happen. I also think the Dementors might play a role in his demise. I agree that he does deserve a fate worse than death and that this might be better than killing him.

Maybe he won't die at all but live for a long time, suffering. (Probably not but that's almost better than his death).

Old March 4th, 2003, 9:01 pm
Third Year

I hope he dies, properly. I hope the dementors don't get him because then there will always be the possibilities of him returning somehow and aslo he won't really be gone. So he should really die and Harry will be the one of course to do it, probably with with the killing curse. It is only fair, as that is what gave him the scar in the first place.

Old March 4th, 2003, 10:30 pm
Second Year

I think it would be funny that after he defeats someone, like Dumbledore or Harry, he turns around; trips and falls; and is impaled by his own wand.

Old March 4th, 2003, 10:44 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Mehehehehe! Did you ever do that in Sonic against Dr Robotnik? Like the molten lava one? My bro once killed Robotnik, then strolled into the lava and died!

Totally off the subject. Sorry!

But what happens if a wand pierces a wizards' heart? (Assuming Voldy now has a fleshy blood-pump) It's actually quite a great theory, once you stop giggling!

I am NOT a hobbit! (pic taken by the lovely Kizz of me with the Witch King of Angmar)
Old March 5th, 2003, 2:08 am
Fourth Year

Ya know I was thinking....

Since Voldemort has Harry's blood, and therefore also Lily's protection. If Harry uses Avada Kedavra against Voldemort, will it rebound upon him the way it did on Voldemort?

Also... Being that Voldemort also has Wormtail's flesh, would Voldemort be able to turn into a rat as well? Is he now an Animagus because he has part of Wormtail?

Old March 5th, 2003, 2:20 am
First Year

Hello all, this is my first post, so I'll get right to it. I know it's hard to think about, but JK has (humorously at times) hinted that she will kill Harry at the end of the series. What if this happens in some sort of wierd Harry kills Voldy, but he must also sacrifice himself to do it, twist. Also I have no idea what Lilly and James did for a living. I have heard that they might be aurors, but I think Harry probably would have been told this when people were explaining what Aurors were to him.

Old March 5th, 2003, 3:00 am
Sixth Year

Actually I like the Dementors giving Voldie a little kiss. Being a souless shell is what he deserves.

Old March 5th, 2003, 3:14 am
Zonko's Employee

I too like the idea of Voldie dying in a muggle fashion. He knows the wizarding tricks and how to stop them. But muggles? He wouldn't even see it coming.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies