Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Will Voldemort Invade Hogwarts?

Old February 11th, 2005, 8:51 am
First Year

hw will invade hogwarts to try and get to harry and dumbldore!

Old February 11th, 2005, 9:25 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttb
hw will invade hogwarts to try and get to harry and dumbldore!
i have to say this - hermione has said it a thousand times- there are charms and spells on hogwarts the castle is too well protected for anyone tp attack it! i also think even though it is in another thread about what the words in latin onthe hogwarts crest means: never tickle sleeping dragons, i think that could very well have been a warning to never try to attack the castle fo rit has soo many acient spells onit that any person who attempted to do so would really regret it! but if voldy does decide to attack there because of harry being there then that means it would be during the school year and that would put all the students in danger! he may go back an try to take it over as that was the original plan of salazaar/tom riddle! it would also be a way for voldy to try and strike at dumbledore! then people who know the school may very well start to smuggle out through the secret passages. then again think of it- voldemort attack a school full of young wizards and witches -i dont think he have the guts to do it unless he found out about the rest of the prophecy and then he would realize that none can kill him but harry! i mean even if voldemort did attack the whole school would turn on him, but i dont think he would even be able to get past the schools ancient defenses!

Old February 11th, 2005, 9:39 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volare
in 2. book Dumbledore wasn't in Hogwarts, so if he goes anywhere Voldemort could easily sneak in Hogwarts.
Yes and Tom Riddle tried to get Harry but before he realized that Harry existed did want something else and that could have been to take the school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkscrazy
Voldemort would never expose himself that way , he will probably send a group that is in his side , plus Dumbledore would be in the castle , a very good reason for Voldemort not go .
Harry is safe in the castle as long as Dumbledore is around suggesting that Dumbledore was in Hogwarts all the way through OotP or Voldemort would have tried something there and then.

I think the only time Voldemort will attack the castle is if he feels that he can either defeat Dumbledore (remember in OotP Voldemort dueled Dumbledore when he was not at full strength and JKR has stated that he will rise again more powerful than before. At this point Voldemort nearly killed Dumbledore because it was only the presence of Fawkes that saved him), if Dumbledore dies or is too hurt to do anything to stop Voldemort.

Would JKR kill Dumbledore or have him placed in St. Mungos by the end of book 6 because that is what is required for Voldemort to really take over Hogwarts. JKR did say things where going to get worse in book 6 for Harry.

If Crouch Junior can get into the school as an imposter then I am pretty sure this would pose no problem for Voldemort, there where other passages on the Map and a blocked passage would not be that difficult for him to unblock surely not.

Voldemort got into the school when he was a mere shadow of existence and was not afraid then to steal something from directly underneath Dumbledore's nose. Getting into the school now should be a breeze for Voldemort now.

Old February 11th, 2005, 9:57 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tane
Yes and Tom Riddle tried to get Harry but before he realized that Harry existed did want something else and that could have been to take the school.Harry is safe in the castle as long as Dumbledore is around suggesting that Dumbledore was in Hogwarts all the way through OotP or Voldemort would have tried something there and then.

I think the only time Voldemort will attack the castle is if he feels that he can either defeat Dumbledore (remember in OotP Voldemort dueled Dumbledore when he was not at full strength and JKR has stated that he will rise again more powerful than before. At this point Voldemort nearly killed Dumbledore because it was only the presence of Fawkes that saved him), if Dumbledore dies or is too hurt to do anything to stop Voldemort.

Would JKR kill Dumbledore or have him placed in St. Mungos by the end of book 6 because that is what is required for Voldemort to really take over Hogwarts. JKR did say things where going to get worse in book 6 for Harry.

If Crouch Junior can get into the school as an imposter then I am pretty sure this would pose no problem for Voldemort, there where other passages on the Map and a blocked passage would not be that difficult for him to unblock surely not.

Voldemort got into the school when he was a mere shadow of existence and was not afraid then to steal something from directly underneath Dumbledore's nose. Getting into the school now should be a breeze for Voldemort now.
that is some good points you just made me realize how lv knows where the chamber of secrets is too!! he could always hide out in there too! maybe that could be jks refrencing to book two! also in the movie where fawkes flys everyone out-they come up out of a cave in the ground -who is to say that lv cant get in that way! i dont know what would have to happen in order fo rthe ancient cahrms to take effect?

Old February 11th, 2005, 5:58 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Posted by luvygrifindor
i have to say this - hermione has said it a thousand times- there are charms and spells on hogwarts the castle is too well protected for anyone tp attack it! i also think even though it is in another thread about what the words in latin onthe hogwarts crest means: never tickle sleeping dragons, i think that could very well have been a warning to never try to attack the castle fo rit has soo many acient spells onit that any person who attempted to do so would really regret it! but if voldy does decide to attack there because of harry being there then that means it would be during the school year and that would put all the students in danger! he may go back an try to take it over as that was the original plan of salazaar/tom riddle! it would also be a way for voldy to try and strike at dumbledore! then people who know the school may very well start to smuggle out through the secret passages. then again think of it- voldemort attack a school full of young wizards and witches -i dont think he have the guts to do it unless he found out about the rest of the prophecy and then he would realize that none can kill him but harry! i mean even if voldemort did attack the whole school would turn on him, but i dont think he would even be able to get past the schools ancient defenses!
LV would never attack the school with his army's current condition. He only has a few Death Eaters, the dementors, and maybe ten giants. He will have to do more "recruiting" before any attack can happen because he is aware of the school's defenses. Remember this about LV, when he was at school he opened the Chamber of Secrets, meaning he had to have gone all over that place to find that little etching on the sink in the girls bathroom. And he accomplished this in a span of 5 years. Needless to say, LV knows the school pretty well. Plus, he has the added knowledge that Wormtail has of the school. LV has probably taken a hands-on look at what Hogwarts is capable of instead of simply reading about it like Hermione.
Nonetheless, LV still has much to do before he can even think of attacking Hogwarts. Much more to do elsewhere. Hogwarts is just the centerpiece. The sign that there is no hope for the wizarding world when it falls. Harrys said it best in PS/SS that if LV returns he would destory the school.

Also, Hermione only mentioned the school's protections against muggles, not other wizards with the exception of being Unplottable.

Last edited by Phane00; February 11th, 2005 at 6:05 pm.
Old February 11th, 2005, 8:03 pm
First Year

will voldemort invade hogwarts?

well, maybe. he probably has spies and maybe death eaters there (these would be the children of adult death eaters). i don't think there would be a lot of damage to him, as long as he got dumbledore out of the way; there are only so many teachers in hogwarts. massacring the students at hogwarts would get rid of the next generation of anti-voldemort wizards in britain. everything is saying "yes" to this, except the necessity of getting dumbledore out, and ensuring that he does not come back in the middle of the battle.

Old February 11th, 2005, 8:50 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Who knows what Voldemort was doing during OOtP other than trying to get the prophecy. People as Sirius or lupin said were easy targets as long as people did'nt believe Voldemort was back. And as for Hogwarts, i think the only time when Voldemort would even attempt to invade Hogwarts would be to kill Dumbledore. Even then i think it would be a ruse, to get Dumbledore alone with Voldemort. Once Voldemort finds out no one but a school boy can touch him, then Dumbledore will lose some of his power over Voldemort. Voldemort will still fear Dumbledore, but not as much. Once Dumbledore is out of the way, then Hogwarts will be easy pickings. With Dumbledore gone the houses will turn on each other and bring about the end of Hogwarts, that the sorting hat was singing about. Dumbledore keeps Hogwarts running smoothly. With him gone then in Voldemorts eyes Hogwarts will be easier to take over. And he could probably get into Hogwarts via the Chamber of secrets. Who knows what other tunnels there are in that Chamber.

I'm lme. Really lme.
or so says Moriath
Old February 12th, 2005, 7:30 pm
Fourth Year

This is a possibility. It probably wouldn't be the smartest move he could make, but all the same I could see him doing it.
This would also allow us to see how much the students have listened to the sorting hat. It would allow us to see who is against Voldemort and who is with him.
I have seen that a few people have said that Voldemort wouldn't do this because he would risk killing the children of his DE. But honestly, do you think that Voldemort really cares about his followers and thier children. I think he would kill them without thinking twice about it. If someone is in his way, he is going to take them out whether they are on his side or not.
So, I actually think that there is a chance we will have a showdown in Hogwarts.

Old February 12th, 2005, 7:38 pm
First Year

It's a possibility, especially if Voldemort discovers the entire prophecy and feels invulnerable to attack from anyone besides Harry. He would then want to get rid of Harry as quickly as possible, and wouldn't mind if his army was destroyed or whatever, because he would think that he'd just be able to create a new army when Harry is gone and he (Voldemort) is absolutely invincible. Also, I'm sure he would be quick to notice that he'd be defying Dumbledore directly, and proving he's not afraid of anyone, despite what people had said. But I think it would only happen if Voldemort found out the rest of the prophecy.

Old February 12th, 2005, 7:45 pm
First Year

I really don't think that Voldemort will try to invade Hogwarts while Dumbledore is there... he would hav to be pretty stupid to try that one. And everything in the Sorting Hat's song in OotP -- I think it's just saying how when the war really gets going, everybody's gonna pick sides and.... well, "united we stand, divided we fall"..

"You think I can't see right through your eyes/ Scared to death to face reality/ No one seems to hear your hidden cries/ You're left to face yourself alone/ But where will you go/ With no one left to save you from yourself/ You can't escape the truth"
Old February 12th, 2005, 11:57 pm
Fourth Year

I just had an epiphany.

what if the battle started not at hogwarts/Hogsmeade...but at Diagon Alley or King's Cross...and the battle moved to the castle? Think about it. An attack while the Express is in motion (I got this epiphany while learning about the dreaded German armored trains of WWII....)
An attack on Diagon Alley and the only escape be a portkey to Hogwarts...

What if it was the very first chapter of the book. All of book seven is, in fact, the Battle of Hogwarts.

this brings up many many more questions....

Proud to have proclaimed BOTH Battles of Hogwarts two books early!
Old February 13th, 2005, 2:59 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Emperor
I just had an epiphany.

what if the battle started not at hogwarts/Hogsmeade...but at Diagon Alley or King's Cross...and the battle moved to the castle? Think about it. An attack while the Express is in motion (I got this epiphany while learning about the dreaded German armored trains of WWII....)

What if it was the very first chapter of the book. All of book seven is, in fact, the Battle of Hogwarts.

this brings up many many more questions....
how do you know that all of book seven is in fact the battle of hogwarts?

Old February 13th, 2005, 7:12 am
Fourth Year

it was an epiphany not a declaration. A "what-if" if you will.

Old February 13th, 2005, 7:16 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Emperor
it was an epiphany not a declaration. A "what-if" if you will.
oh yeah i just realised that it was only an epiphany- epiphanies aren't bad in fact they are great and a good part of being human! ok well i was just wondering cause you had seemed very sure of that. well, i do think that Hogwarts will be in voldemorts long term plans! i think we will be seeing more of the chamberof secrets!

Old February 14th, 2005, 4:45 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Emperor
I had considered this possibility as well. The Hogwarts Express is quite vulnerable to attack as witnessed in CoS and PoA. In PoA, the dementors intercept the train to search it for Sirius. In CoS, a couple of 2nd years are able to follow the train from their flying car. If Harry and Ron could follow the train, anyone can. Also, if the dementors can stop the train, they can do it again except this time for a full out attack.

I predict that the train will be attacked in HBP. What tipped me off is one of the titles that JK released... Draco's Detour. If Draco willingly avoids the train, and heads to Hogwarts in a different manner, then expect an attack. The train would be the best chance for LV to take out Harry before he can get protection at school. It would also be the event which would inspire the DA to continue meeting and recruit new members. Think of the DA playing advance guard to the Hogwarts Express, maybe even circling it on their brooms like Harry's advanced guard since most of the members are quidditch players.

Old February 15th, 2005, 10:40 pm
Fourth Year

An excellent analysis, I'm inclined to agree.

I believe that harry would sort of be like the president of the U.S. where they'll wisk him out first and then engage the enemies at the train.

I also think that it could be used as an escape route for the Wizard Army if they lose ground to LV at Diagon Alley...King's Cross (and not just platform 9 3/4) will be a battlefield as well.

They also could use their house elves to block the entrance of the station...and then ambush harry before he enters the relative safety of the magical world.

In other words...Muggle London is going to be a firefight.

Old February 15th, 2005, 10:59 pm
Second Year

Is DD on the train because if he isn't I'm gonna definately go for an attack. As for the actual school I think as Hagrid said Voldie is scared to step foot on Hogwarts school because he knows DD take the safety of his students very seriously.

what would come, would come.....and we would have to meet it when it did.
Old February 16th, 2005, 3:41 am
Fourth Year

Dumbledore is NOT on the train, which means that this could be a possible hole in the security. I'd like to see that train fortified...

If there was a battle with the express than most likely it would have to do with keeping the enemy outside...the DEs would be on brooms or dragons or something and the DA would be fighting from the windows. if they borded (most likely from the caboose) than the objective would be to move up the train and get harry to the locomotive.

Old February 16th, 2005, 4:21 pm
Third Year

I can't remember if this has ever been mentioned before, but can wizards apparate onto the Hogwarts Express? They might need to have it in their line of sight since it moves, but I'm not sure if they board the train by apparating. However, since a number of DE's are currently in Azkaban, the possibility of them apparating onto the train for an assault seems like a long shot.

More than likely, if the train gets attacked at all in HBP it will be attacked by dementors. Last time they were restricted by the Ministry and could not attack the students, but now they can.

Old February 17th, 2005, 5:26 am
First Year

Yeah. Plus when the dementors borded the train they did it with ease. There was no oppisition except for Lupin but he wasn't even suppose to be on the train. The Dementors could simply do it again. I mean Harry and a couple of other students know how to do a patronus but I don't think the mom would really put them as protection. I think they would upgrade the security of the train a whole lot. Although I do think it would be kind of cool reading how Harry and the DA defend the train from all these dementors.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies