Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Will Voldemort Invade Hogwarts?

Old October 17th, 2004, 2:12 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
but the burrow... I don't think the Weasleys are that high on Voldy's hit list... besides how foolhardy would that be, attack a house with 4 members of the Order, 2 DA members who already have experience fighting death eaters... .

The Weasley's are PRIME targets. Precisely BECAUSE (minus Percy) they're all a part of the order. They were in the first one too. Remember Molly's brother's got killed by death eaters? They're practically the heart & soul of the Order.

What better way to strike the strongest blow - strategically and emotionally than to take out one of the Weasley's? Now, I don't WANT it to happen. But the Weasley's are most definately a MAJOR target. They already tried to kill Arthur.

Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2004, 4:58 am
First Year

Just a suggestion but could the CoS be a key factor if LV tries to invade or return in "disguise" as mentioned by "ikuko" to Hogwarts?
What do you think?

Old October 17th, 2004, 5:20 am
Hogwarts Graduate

If Voldemort were to invade Hogwarts that would be really terrible. The only time i see him doing something like that is if Dumbldore was gone and he Harry was there unprotected. It would be too dangerous to invade hogwarts. If he wants to go there to kill a bunch of young kids thats terrible. Most of the people with the exception of Harry that Voldemort went after were adults working against him. To get at Harry mabe. And i guess Draco could tell dad all the people who support harry and try to get rid of them but i think it would be too risky. Its a possibility but i think the only time he would is if Dumbldore was gone and wasent in a place where he could come back. I guess if that happened we could really see where snapes loyalties lie.

Elizebeth: Barbosa marry us.
(best movie scene ever!)

"

Will Turner: "It depends on the one day.
Old October 17th, 2004, 6:35 am
First Year

Well LV latest atempts to kill harry have failed

CoS in the CoS: The memory of the 16 year old Tom Riddle tried to kill harry but failed
GoF in the graveyard: He had his DE get Harry for him so he could kill harry but due to their wands he failed and his DE couldn't even stop Harry from leaving
OotP at the MoM: He possesed harry so that DD would attempt to sacrifice harry in the hope of killing him, Voldemort, but his plan again failed.

So, perhaps Voldemort has finally realized to get the job done he has to do it himself and kill harry at hogwarts Maybe as the knew disguised DADA teacher or by sneaking in to the school through its hidden passages or maybe with his army
And for anyone who thinks he won't do it while DD is there he can simply come up with another idea to get him out of there , as he has done before , just long enough for him to get to Harry and do his business. And any of the other schools defenses shouldn't realy be that hard for Voldemort to get through

Old October 17th, 2004, 6:54 am
Toodles

I agree that he could just send his army to go through the school and kill everyone except Harry, so that he can take Harry on one on one.

But also we have to remember that this is a story so what ever happens has to make a good story. So the killing of everyone is completly crazy.

Old October 17th, 2004, 7:07 am
First Year

fair point. So then he might just kill Harry while he's alone a final confrontation A quick in and out mission. Although something about what hagrid says to harry that Voldemort "Didn't dare try takin' the school, not jus' then, anyway." in SS/PS just makes me think LV will go to or invade Hogwarts. Or else what would be the point of Hagrid saying this
Anyone have an opinion?

Old October 17th, 2004, 7:20 am
Toodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Thunder
fair point. So then he might just kill Harry while he's alone a final confrontation A quick in and out mission. Although something about what hagrid says to harry that Voldemort "Didn't dare try takin' the school, not jus' then, anyway." in SS/PS just makes me think LV will go to or invade Hogwarts. Or else what would be the point of Hagrid saying this
Anyone have an opinion?
Why are you so certian he is going to kill Harry? I think Harry will kill him.

Old October 17th, 2004, 7:27 am
First Year

I'm not certain its just what i would like. Harry may verry well kill LV i just think its going to go down at Hogwarts

Old October 17th, 2004, 7:37 am
Toodles

you might find this thread up your ally Location of the Final Battle

Old October 17th, 2004, 9:31 am
First Year

To answer the question of the thead: highly unlikely. Too big a chance of hitting his Death Eaters' sons and daughters?

Old October 17th, 2004, 9:41 am
Seventh Year

You all should just totally see post #29 and #2 as it has the information you are looking for in other threads. Here are threads on the end of the books;

The End of Book 7 v2
Will Harry die in Book 7? v2
Is Harry capable of killing? Will Harry let Voldemort live?

Lifestyles of the Rich and Fabulous

Old October 17th, 2004, 6:22 pm
Secret Keeper

See this thread ?

Where will Voldemort strike?

Old October 17th, 2004, 6:40 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giebfried
I'll agree that Privet drive WILL be attacked in some way... but the burrow... I don't think the Weasleys are that high on Voldy's hit list... besides how foolhardy would that be, attack a house with 4 members of the Order, 2 DA members who already have experience fighting death eaters... and lets not even begin to talk about what Fred & George could do in defense of their house.... Needless to say there are better and safer targets out there then the burrow.
As anyone with a decent head for battle will tell you, attack the heart. Harry feels the Weasley's to be his family that he hasn't known, you kill them you may just make him do something stupid, like go after you before he's ready, easy pickings.

FA CUP ROUND 3 - JANUARY 1ST 2009
WE'RE THE GREATEST EVER TEAM THE WORLD'S EVER SEEN - SOUTHEND UNITED FC

My blog:
http://thewritersodyssey.weebly.com/
Old October 17th, 2004, 9:48 pm
Secret Keeper

Salazar wanted to teach the dark arts and probably did not leave willingly from Hogwarts. I think if Voldemort is the true heir of Slytherin then there is a pretty good chance that he may invade Hogwarts or at least try and return to teach the dark arts again. We know Voldemort does teach his death eaters the dark arts as Bellatrix informed us in OotP and no doubt the teacher wants a slightly better place for that practice, Hogwarts which is one of his aims I think.

The one problem standing between Hogwarts and his attempt to regain the school is Dumbledore not Harry, Harry is safe as long as Dumbledore is around which also means the school is too. If Voldemort takes Dumbledore out of the equation then Hogwarts and Harry are no longer safe and both will fall if not careful.

Old October 17th, 2004, 11:02 pm
Fourth Year

From reading the books, I've come to the conclusion that the wizarding world in Great Britain is administered in magic bastions, strongholds if you will, in the major areas

England- Ministry of Magic, St. Mungos, Diagonalley (since all are located in London, I consider this a single stronghold)

Scotland- Hogwarts and Hogsmeade

Wales- ?

Ireland- ? (NOTE-I doubt muggle politics would affect the wizarding world, so this includes the whole island)

For Azkaban Fortress, I've always assumed that it was located somewhere between Jersey and southern England.

In any case, I think that Voldemort would have to take over these strongholds to consolidate his power in the British Isles. I think it would be safe to assume that Hogwarts would be attacked.

Proud to have proclaimed BOTH Battles of Hogwarts two books early!
Old October 17th, 2004, 11:23 pm
Second Year

I certainly hope not, I think Voldemort is not strong enough to attempt an assault on Hogwarts (too well protected by the founders and countless of wizards and witches that enjoyed their education there later, something like that has got to leave some powerfull magic), maybe on the village Hogsmeade though.

Old October 18th, 2004, 12:28 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodricHollow
As anyone with a decent head for battle will tell you, attack the heart. Harry feels the Weasley's to be his family that he hasn't known, you kill them you may just make him do something stupid, like go after you before he's ready, easy pickings.
The problem is that the burrow is not the heart... Hogwarts is. Voldemort won't waste time and death eaters on a minor prize, he is weak enough as it is... He is down to 3 servicable death eaters (Bellatrix, Wormtail & Snape) and as we see he is currently too weak (even with the death eaters he lost in the DoM) to take on the order one on one attacking an Order stronghold would be foolhardy especially when all he would gain would be at best a valueable hostage or two... Voldemort is not stupid he won't waste his death eaters when there are so many safer and more valuable targets.

Old October 18th, 2004, 12:46 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giebfried
The problem is that the burrow is not the heart... Hogwarts is. Voldemort won't waste time and death eaters on a minor prize, he is weak enough as it is... He is down to 3 servicable death eaters (Bellatrix, Wormtail & Snape) and as we see he is currently too weak (even with the death eaters he lost in the DoM) to take on the order one on one attacking an Order stronghold would be foolhardy especially when all he would gain would be at best a valueable hostage or two... Voldemort is not stupid he won't waste his death eaters when there are so many safer and more valuable targets.
Excuse me, but Snape isn't a Death eater anymore.

I don't think he'll invade Hogwarts. The teachers would be a good defense. Not to forgot Dumbledore. The only Voldemort has even feared?

So no, I don't think Hogwarts will be his first choice.

Old October 18th, 2004, 12:49 am
Fourth Year

Yeah but assume Dumbledore is defeated or he gets a weapon that would make his being there obsolete?

Proud to have proclaimed BOTH Battles of Hogwarts two books early!
Old October 18th, 2004, 12:52 am
Second Year

Snape is still a death eater he just works for the order and thus he still works for Voldy... I don't think he would attack anyone for Voldy but he might have to rather than show his allegence to the order.

Anyways... I'm not sure if he will attack Hogwarts I like the theory that Voldy will become the DADA teacher... but in terms of a target the burrow is a bad target... best case scenerio he can take Ron hostage... but that would be the only reason he'd do it...

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies