Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Will Voldemort Invade Hogwarts?

Old May 4th, 2005, 8:01 pm
First Year

what we all have to take in mind is that voldemort can't keep luring harry out of the school, it would get boring if harry always fell into the 'other side's' traps. so i think that eventually voldemort will just attack out of the blue. he has giants, dementors, deatheaters and who knows what else. i mean, one giant is enought to worry about nevertheless fifty of them! and you know what they say, the good guys die first . . . just kidding. i'm sure good will prevail!

Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2005, 8:04 pm
First Year

i think voldemort will rule!

Old May 4th, 2005, 8:38 pm
Fifth Year

Harry's 7th year wouldn't be gone out the window. If Voldemort did attack the school, i'm sure he would lose. and if he did win, there other schools that the students could go to. But Voldemort will lose if he attacks hogwarts. One reason he would attack, would be to stop Harry and the other students magical education. Harry is not even a fully trained wizard and he has managed to thwart Voldemort 6 times already. It would prove that He(Voldemort) is extremely powerful if he was able to take over Hogwarts, one of the most safest places in Britian.

Old May 4th, 2005, 9:38 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorefan
Harry's 7th year wouldn't be gone out the window. If Voldemort did attack the school, i'm sure he would lose. and if he did win, there other schools that the students could go to. But Voldemort will lose if he attacks hogwarts. One reason he would attack, would be to stop Harry and the other students magical education.
What good would it do for Harry to have year 7 at some other school like Beauxbatons or Durmstrang? Then he would be in another country well away from LV, and where's the fun in that? If Hogwarts is to be attacked, which I believe it will, it will happen in book 7. Book 6 might end with LV's army placed in front of the school forcing everyone to stay there. There's no going home now.

Considering how JK is not very predictable, how can you immediately claim that LV will lose the Battle for Hogwarts? He may die, true enough, but that does not mean that he can't destroy the school in the process. It would be one heck of a stomach punch from JK, but she's done it before.

Old May 5th, 2005, 12:57 am
Fifth Year

i was just speculating, I dont know if Voldemort will attack the school or not, but IF he does then he will lose.

Old May 18th, 2005, 11:05 pm
Fourth Year

well yeah, but how and WHY is the real question

Proud to have proclaimed BOTH Battles of Hogwarts two books early!
Old May 18th, 2005, 11:07 pm
Seventh Year

How: I suppose via appraiating as close as possible then running/flying the rest of the way

Why: To induce more power, greed, fear, hate, indiffernece, as well as to attempt to rid of the 'threat' of Harry

"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." - Albus Dumbledore

In somnio vivo, in mea vera Domo, regno Dei, expergiscar.

Check out: Harry Potter and Philosophy
Old May 18th, 2005, 11:23 pm
First Year

Hmmm.... I don't believe that Voldemort will attack Hogwarts, as a matter of fact it would be not very reasonable. First of all he would have to face with Dumbledore, and it is not very possible for him to succed, but of course we can add that he is very self-confident, neverthless he is not so reckless to attack school full of well-educated wizards leading by their great headmaster.

Old May 18th, 2005, 11:30 pm
Seventh Year

O, Voldemort can successed against Dumbledor, if DD let him, which may seem the case, for Dumbledore know's that this is not his battle and in doing so (as he already is has peace in mind) can sacrifice himself without regret (assuming he told Harry everything)

"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." - Albus Dumbledore

Old May 19th, 2005, 2:20 am
Fifth Year

I dont think that Dumbledore would sacrifice himself like that if there were tons of students involved(this is just refering to the thought of Voldemort attacking Hogwarts). However, I really believe that in book 6 or 7 Dumbledore will sacrifice himself to save Harry.

Old May 19th, 2005, 2:32 am
Banned

I'm definetly positive that Voldemort will not invade Hogwarts, not in the sixth book anyway. Only time will tell, if he regains full power by the seventh book he eventually will but the way things are now he won't. The only person who Voldemort was ever afraid of was Dumbledore so he's not going to be entering Hogwarts in a hurry not until he knows he has the power and strength. It's hard to say as we haven't read the sixth book yet, if we had we could have a more accurate prediction. So far it seems Voldemort is gaining power little by little so he hasn't reached full power yet. The last time he tried to take over the wizarding world he didn't go anywhere near Hogwarts and probably won't this time. Hogwarts might have been his next target had his curse not backfired on Harry but as long as Dumbledore remains I can confidently say Hogwarts is not in danger.

Hilary

Old May 19th, 2005, 2:57 am
Second Year

in order for Voldemort and the DE's to attack Hogwarts with force instead of by stealth, they would have to be strong and large enough to take on Dumbledore, the other professors, probably some of the older, stronger students, not to mention the aurors and other ministry wizards, and possibly even some parents. Plus, I'd be darned surprised if the school itself didn't have a whole lot of nasty protective charms and curses on it, protecting students and staff from external attack. This is not to say open attack wouldn't be possible or even likely, especially with giants and dementors backing up the dark side. But I say its a long shot--at least its happening in HBP.

Old May 19th, 2005, 5:31 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by godricsword
in order for Voldemort and the DE's to attack Hogwarts with force instead of by stealth, they would have to be strong and large enough to take on Dumbledore, the other professors, probably some of the older, stronger students, not to mention the aurors and other ministry wizards, and possibly even some parents. Plus, I'd be darned surprised if the school itself didn't have a whole lot of nasty protective charms and curses on it, protecting students and staff from external attack. This is not to say open attack wouldn't be possible or even likely, especially with giants and dementors backing up the dark side. But I say its a long shot--at least its happening in HBP.
I agree with most of what you say, and don't think the attack will come in HBP, but I think the whole dramatic thrust of the series is building up to a final showdown at Hogwarts. I can't wait. I think we will indeed at that time see the school reveal some hidden defenses, and all the students will join in the battle, as well as the creatures hiding in the forest (not sure they will all be on Dumbledore's side, though). The squid will rise up from the water, as will the merpeople. It will be spectacular!
And, as the sorting hat forshadowed, the school itself may come tumbling down in the process.

Old May 19th, 2005, 5:42 am
Seventh Year

Hmmm I remember though in the first book, when McGonnagal is fussing over the amount of Wiazardy that has been spotted by muggles... Rowling has laready said that Muggles will be more curious on what is occuring...hmmm only thoughts..

Old May 19th, 2005, 7:10 am
Fifth Year

Well, it would be an awesome battle to read about, But if there is a large scaled battle then it would probably be at azkaban prison.

Old May 19th, 2005, 7:54 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Feign
Hmmm I remember though in the first book, when McGonnagal is fussing over the amount of Wiazardy that has been spotted by muggles... Rowling has laready said that Muggles will be more curious on what is occuring...hmmm only thoughts..
I think she said that they would start noticing things in the same way they noticed things the last time Voldemort was around. I wonder how much of the wizard world was exposed the last time.

Old May 21st, 2005, 6:50 am
Seventh Year

It defiantley erked the ministry though as they said they were extremely busy (the reason why Fudge wanted to keep things simple) ITs a good thing he will be gone, I wonder what the new minister(triss sp?) will bring to Hogwarts and the rest of the wizarding world...

Old May 21st, 2005, 4:05 pm
Fourth Year

when I meant how and why I meant why would Voldy lose.

Assuming Dumbledore is killed before the battle however...wouldn't that make hogwarts more vunerable?

Proud to have proclaimed BOTH Battles of Hogwarts two books early!
Old May 22nd, 2005, 9:52 am
Professor of Grooviness

Version 2!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies