Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Will Voldemort Invade Hogwarts?

Old December 2nd, 2004, 5:10 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygo72
IBOOK 3: Sirius Black was able to get Hogwarts AND Gryffindor Tower AND Harry's dormitory with the help of only Lupin.

I know its slightly o/t.. but lupin didnt help sirius get into hogwarts at all.
(unless you count lupin's knowledge of sirius being an animagus and not telling dumbledore as help)

Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2004, 5:56 pm
Fourth Year

Voldemort can't really invade Hogwarts himself...but the parents of Goyle, Crabbe, and Malfoy can do it for him.

"Fell out of bed, butterfly bandage, but don't worry
You'll never remember, your head is far too blurry
Put him in the back of a squad car, restrain that man
He needs his head put through a cat scan
Hey editor, I'm undeniable, hey doctor, I'm certifiable"
Old December 2nd, 2004, 7:29 pm
Second Year

Well, there's no way Voldemort can get into the castle using Dementors.....because Dementors can't get into Hogwarts.....period....

Dumbledore said that so long as he is Headmaster, NO Dementor shall cross the threshold of the castle.....and he meant it.....

I take it literally....so, if Voldy shows up, it's gonna be him, the Death Eaters, and maybe some trolls.....but the Dementors have to stay outside......

I for one, think that Dumbledore will remain alive until the end of the seventh book, he will see this to it's end.....

I'm tired of everybody declaring Dumbledore dead, before the release of the next book.....IF Dumbledore is gonna die (and I'm not so sure he will) it won't happen until the end of the seventh.......

he still has a large role to play, especially when it comes to morale......so long as Dumbledore stands, they have a chance.....

Last edited by Taichi; December 2nd, 2004 at 7:51 pm.
Old December 2nd, 2004, 9:38 pm
Second Year

yes DD did say that .. but wasn't he proven wrong in the very next book.. dont have mine available at the moment ... but in GOF.... doesnt Fudge bring in Dementors... to give the kiss to Crouch jr?

Old December 2nd, 2004, 9:57 pm
First Year

i think it is possible that Dementors will cross the threshold one of these times! i mean i think if voldemort brought Dementors then those would be the last worry! he would be more worried about LV and the DEs! but i think Voldemort will attack hogwarts becuase he cant touch HP at the Dursley's unless he kills them so he really only has two options of where to attack him!

13 inches, holly and griffin feather. An unusual
Ollivander's wand, but one that speaks of
righteousness and heroism. The wand of a born
leader, this one.
if this doesnt say that i would be in gryffindor then i dont know what would!
Old December 3rd, 2004, 6:27 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_ROCKS
yes DD did say that .. but wasn't he proven wrong in the very next book.. dont have mine available at the moment ... but in GOF.... doesnt Fudge bring in Dementors... to give the kiss to Crouch jr?
I was led to believe that Crouch Jr. was led somewhere, outside, or on the roof of the castle.....but it is possible that Fudge DID bring one (or more) into the castle, against Dumbledore's wishes, and without his permission.....

nevertheless, should they come, and Dumbledore still stands, I guarantee they won't make it past the threshold.......that's all there is to it.....

Trolls, Giants, and other dark beasts? maybe, Dementors? never........

Old December 3rd, 2004, 9:35 am
Third Year

There has to be a battle for Hogwarts, its the one thing EVERYBODY looks forward to
JKR said herself its "irresistable" to write about a battle around Hogwarts, i mean this would be great, it could fill up plenty of chapters too

Old December 3rd, 2004, 2:25 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilCubanita67
Voldemort can't really invade Hogwarts himself...but the parents of Goyle, Crabbe, and Malfoy can do it for him.
There is also Nott's Dad.

But now these guys are known to be Death Eaters. They won't be invited back into Hogwarts. I know Malfoy was there a lot.

Old December 3rd, 2004, 4:17 pm
Second Year

I also think it's unlikely. I think that it may happen at the Dursley's house. I know he's protected there...but he's protected by Petunia. What if, as in the fifth book, LV draws the Dursleys away falsely, leaving Harry alone in the house? Is he still protected there when Petunia is absent? I have my doubts. That would be a prime opportunity for LV to wage war against Harry, no one else around, no one to protect him. Could be a possibility. Hogwarts has too many folks who will defend Harry, even if Dumbledore is not there.

Old December 3rd, 2004, 4:29 pm
Second Year

I don't think he will necessarily have to invade Hogwarts by force. Negative forces have already managed to infiltrate the building (Riddle's diary; Umbridge; "Moody" in GoF), some of which are directly Voldemort-related. With a relatively strong contingent of DE's kids (in Slytherin in particular), there are a number of ways in which Voldemort could control all or parts of Hogwarts, either overtly or covertly. Perhaps he already does...

We've already seen that there is a political angle to Hogwarts, with Malfoy Snr "persuading" the governors to get rid of Dumbledore in CoS. I think that, as more forces (dementors, giants, maybe the centaurs and others to come) line up against Harry and Co, this kind of political pressure will become harder to resist.

Personally, I think some combination of direct force and behind-the-scenes string-pulling will be Voldemort's approach, but either way, I am expecting him to focus plenty of attention to Hogwarts and the surrounding area (grounds and Hogsmead included), at least whilst Dumbledore and Harry remain alive.

Old December 3rd, 2004, 4:36 pm
Third Year

Of course he will - I think the final battle will take place in the COS.

He's fearful of DD not Hogwarts. As he grows ever stronger he will be less fearful of DD until the day comes when he must face him. The COS is powerful for the heir of Slytherin. LV would go to the place which gives him the best advantage.

Old December 3rd, 2004, 8:36 pm
Second Year

most schools (public and private) at least in the US, actually have a 'board' running it...

these are the people who appoint important staff members, and other things.....

they have similar duties to the 'governors'.....

Old December 3rd, 2004, 9:09 pm
Third Year

I love the layout for the Battle at Hogwarts, Dark Emperor.

However, for Voldemort to attack Hogwarts in such a manner, there would have to be a huge distraction for the Ministry to not send reinforcements to Hogwarts. And an attack on Hogsmeade would only allow those at Hogwarts to prepare themselves for the assault. Voldemort would need something major to "lay all his cards on the table" like that. Perhaps the giants could be the distraction.
And dont count out Bellatrix as a Field Marshall. She might not have much tact, but she could easily lead an assault. Same goes for Flitwick. If he was good enough to be a dueling champion, then he should be one of the major ones in the middle of the fight.

And with your choices of the timing of the attack, if I were LV I'd go with #3, but attack the school during the Christmas holidays. Far less people, students and maybe teachers as well, to deal with, but Harry will be there because he hates returning to the Dursleys. Heck, in PoA there were 13 people total at Hogwarts for Christmas.

Old December 3rd, 2004, 9:09 pm
First Year

As much as I love LV, I don't think he will "invade" Hogwarts. Maybe blow it up and steal some stuff, but not "invade".

Television dreams of tomorrow.
We're not the ones who're meant to follow.
For that's enough to argue.

Proud Slytherin!
Old December 4th, 2004, 4:26 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Not with Dumbldore there he wouldnt it owuld be the dumbest thing he could do. Now with Dumbledore out of the way i could see that as a possibility. He may evenatully bring the battle to hogwarts but not without dumbldore having something to say about it. Voldemort has to be careful waht he does so i dont think he would try anythign that rash just yet. Thats a defiant possibility for book 7 though. I guess we have to wait and see.

Fudge brought the dementor in without DD permission

Elizebeth: Barbosa marry us.
(best movie scene ever!)

"

Will Turner: "It depends on the one day.
Old December 4th, 2004, 4:31 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikuko
I do not think he will need to INVIDE Hogwarts. if I am to believe the patterns, LV will teach DADA in the 7th book . Perhaps in disguise, though.
see for yourself
Book1. Evil Quirell posessed by LV
Book 2. A pompous self-important mediocrity
Book 3. All around good guy with a tragic secret
Book 4. Evil Crouch Jr. in service of LV
Book 5. A pompous self-important mediocrity

if we follow the pattern,
Book 6. All around good guy/gal with a tragic secret
Book 7. Someone evil in disguise with connection to LV. As Book 7 is the time for the final show-down, I can see JKR breaking her habit of introducing a completely new person for a DADA teacher. He might appear new, but it will be the oldie Voldie we all know and love all the same.
I also like that post...As it is similar to what I was thinking.

Voldemort has invaded Hogwarts every year Harry has been there. And every year DD doesn't know he's there until it was to late. Unless, when you say invade, you mean....the sword weilding mauraders coming over the mountains.

Voldemort doesn't need to be headmaster of Hogwarts....He has always been, and remains, the Supreme Mugwump of the wizarding world. Just the sound of his name illicits fear in the wizarding community...and that's just when he was an ugly babylike amoeba . When people can start saying his name, and stop cowering behind the baby Harry....Voldemort will lose his real power...the psychological power he holds. Untill then....Voldemorts not joking when he says he can't die!

Last edited by enid; December 4th, 2004 at 4:41 pm.
Old December 4th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Registered Animagus

I really think there is more of a chance attacking Hogsmeade before Hogwarts.. and if Hogsmeade was attacked, Hogwarts would get high security and maybe even, God Forbid it, close the school

Old December 4th, 2004, 4:45 pm
Second Year

I've always had this vision *mostly after the fifth book came out* that Hogwarts was going to explode. Maybe not in the literal sense of the word but explode none the less. They keep saying "Hogwarts is the safest place" to many times. Much like Hermiones "you can't apparate on the grounds" statement. It's said to much to just ignore the statement. Plus I remember reading an interesting post the other day that said something like "When Voldemort knows the prophecy, he will know that he doesn't have to fear Dumbldore.". Which is pretty much a deathsentence for Hogwarts itself. I never really thought about that until I read it.

So will Voldemort invade Hogwarts? Most definately. Course he can invade like he's always done, but I think atleast physically he will come barging into the school soon.

Old December 4th, 2004, 5:07 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KianRosencrantz
I've always had this vision *mostly after the fifth book came out* that Hogwarts was going to explode. Maybe not in the literal sense of the word but explode none the less. They keep saying "Hogwarts is the safest place" to many times. Much like Hermiones "you can't apparate on the grounds" statement. It's said to much to just ignore the statement. Plus I remember reading an interesting post the other day that said something like "When Voldemort knows the prophecy, he will know that he doesn't have to fear Dumbldore.". Which is pretty much a deathsentence for Hogwarts itself. I never really thought about that until I read it.

So will Voldemort invade Hogwarts? Most definately. Course he can invade like he's always done, but I think atleast physically he will come barging into the school soon.

Isn't if funny that "Hogwarts is the safest place" when time and tima again it's actually proven to be the most dangerous place. Example....
Book One: You can ACTUALLY meet Voldemort there!
Book Two: Get eaten by a Basalisk, and again actually meet Voldemort.
Book Three: Criminals can ESCAPE Azkaban, and GET INTO Hogwarts.
Book four: You can be abducted by Death Eaters there.
Book five: The Ministry of Magic will actually send the most cruel and hideous person they have on staff to be your teacher there. Lastly, the school borders a forest where you could be pretty much eaten by anything...and there's no fence up!

REAL SAFE PLACE!

Last edited by enid; December 4th, 2004 at 5:09 pm.
Old December 4th, 2004, 5:36 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by enid
Isn't if funny that "Hogwarts is the safest place" when time and tima again it's actually proven to be the most dangerous place. Example....
Book One: You can ACTUALLY meet Voldemort there!
Book Two: Get eaten by a Basalisk, and again actually meet Voldemort.
Book Three: Criminals can ESCAPE Azkaban, and GET INTO Hogwarts.
Book four: You can be abducted by Death Eaters there.
Book five: The Ministry of Magic will actually send the most cruel and hideous person they have on staff to be your teacher there. Lastly, the school borders a forest where you could be pretty much eaten by anything...and there's no fence up!

REAL SAFE PLACE!
I agree... it is funny that they say it is the safest place in the world...

But then again, if you remember, Hagrid said that Gringott's was the safest place... except perhaps Hogwarts... and it was broken into.

Aye Aye Aye... These people don't know the defenition of Safe!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies