Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > MuggleNet Editorials > General Editorial > The North Tower

NT #3 and #4 - Prophecies: A General Study

Old November 27th, 2004, 8:31 pm
MuggleNet Editorial

NT #3 and #4 - Prophecies: A General Study

Discussion for The North Tower #3 and #4 -- Prophecies: A General Study.

You know who?
Avada Kedavra!

Last edited by Rayjo; November 27th, 2004 at 9:15 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2005, 3:28 pm
First Year

I think the fragmented prophecy "..at the solstice" etc.. could be a prophecy about the summer solstice at the end of book 7. Harry will be leaving school that June so let's face it, the final battle with Voldemort will take place at the end of the school year. Voldemort will be vanquished and "at the solstice will come a new" age. The other part, "..and none will come after.." could mean no evil wizard will ever rise to power again.

Old June 14th, 2005, 3:14 pm
First Year

Quote:
is how the prophecies end up in the MoM. We really have no way of knowing this (as I've found anyway) so this theory of mine's really just a wild guess. I think that when someone makes a true prophecy, some kind of magical energy creates a small, glass orb in the MoM, which can then be listened to and labeled by the keeper of the prophecies. This would mean that there's a copy of Professor Trelawney's second prophecy (1) in there, too. What I'm wondering is how the keeper of the prophecies is able to handle them (labeling and re-labeling them) without going mad.
The Orb itself is not labled...OotP page 778..
Quote:
Tiny, yellowing lables had been stuck beneth each glass ord ON THE SHELF
Just a guess could it been extracted like a memory and placed in the orb which, may contain the same subtance as a Pensieve, this would allow DD or whom ever to deliver it to the MoM, since it would have to contain who and to whim it was told...S.P.T. to A.P.W.B.D., and S.P.T. could not rember telling it...

Another thing I'd like to add is your constent mention of it be Love that Harry posseses, My opinion only, it not love at all it the ability to CARE, plan old Care. Cause ever time he losing the control to care he be came unstable this was showed alot in OotP...
Page 15...Pointing a wand at Dudley..then Pg. 17 showing he care what happen to him, by saving his life
Page 65...Shouting at Hermione and Ron, showing all his resentful thought...Pg 68 calming down after he showed that he cared that the Twins passed their Apparation test
Pg 816...When LV fused together Harry and his thoughts and essences...it wasn't until Harry cared enough to see Siruius again
But by far my most favorite is...Pg 862 Harry and Luna..[QUOTE} An odd feeling rose in Harry--an emotion quite different from the anger and grief that had filled him since Sirius's death. It was a few moments before he realized that he was feeling sorry for Luna.

You see I think the thing that we are all remined of was that Lily as well as Harry cared for people no matter what they did or did not do, He or she did not Love everyone they cared for, BUT THEY DID CARE! this could be what protecting Harry Aunt Pentunia does not Love Harry, but as she took him in she showed she cared. And I bet between caring for Harry saftey and caring about what Tom had become, would have shown in Lily's eyes, and of course her heart.

You Love your kids and will do anything for them even die, but what if was my kid can you say you'd died for my kid you never met or just met last week...no but you will always care what happens to a child or any person for that fact.

You see the difference:
Care - An object or source of attention or solicitude (the state of being concern)
Love - An intense affectionate concern for another person
One is what we all have
One is what we all like everyone to have
We all care enough to make a donation, but we all can't stop child abuse, hunger, killing, ect, we would all LOVE to do it but we can't but we do Care what happens.
Sooo sorry for all my late/or if repeated thoughts..I finally retired, and I'm trying play catchup, before I go to Speelbound.

EXPECTO PATRONUM-HAPPY THOUGHTS TO ALL
My motto for Jo: Blessed is the influence of one true, loving human soul on another...(For she always stayed true to herself 1st in the books and we are so lucky to be 2nd).

Last edited by PROFESSOR ZOVIB; June 14th, 2005 at 6:00 pm.
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:21 am
First Year

Re: NT #3 and #4 - Prophecies: A General Study

was the fact that prophecies must come true in the book...or are we just assuming it from other stories....this is j.k. rowlings own world she has her own rules in the book...she won't follow a path that has already been laid out before.....thjose are just examples that compare so we automatically asume....i think propecies may come true it all depends....and i was laso wondering....how do we know if harry knows the whole truth maybe there's more to the prophecy that we don't know about ....dumbledore never really told harry the whole truth even though he said he did....and since the prophecy was destroyed we will never know? right? could harry use dumbledore's pensieve to look at all of dumbledore's memories....here's so many possibilities...and if the prophecy is broken in the MoM will it still coem true?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > MuggleNet Editorials > General Editorial > The North Tower