Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Destruction of a Horcrux

Old July 10th, 2007, 8:57 am
Seventh Year

Re: Destruction of a Horcrux

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreacleFudge View Post
That is an interesting idea...and it brings up speculation on how Dumbledore was able to destroy the ring Horcrux.
In my opinion Dumbledore hadn`t the right instrument, thats why he got that blackened hand. Maybe the true reason why Harry is the Chosen one is that he is able to find the right way/instrument to destroy the Horcruxes without getting hurt deathly.

Percy wouldn`t recognise a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby`s tea-cosy.
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2007, 2:22 pm
Second Year

I could be a spell. There's a spell to make a Horcrux, so why not a spell to remove one?

And you wouldn't need to destroy the object to remove the soul, because when Dumbledore removed the soul from the stone in the ring, the stone just cracked, i didn't explode.

Proud Ravenclaw
Old July 10th, 2007, 2:44 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguamenti View Post
I could be a spell. There's a spell to make a Horcrux, so why not a spell to remove one?

And you wouldn't need to destroy the object to remove the soul, because when Dumbledore removed the soul from the stone in the ring, the stone just cracked, i didn't explode.
But if the soul was sealed in the stone, not in the ring the crack would mean the stone was destroyed. The diary didn`t vanish after Harry put in the tooth, it wasn`t usable anymore.

One of the questions of a FAQ-poll on Jo`s site asked "Does the destruction of a Horcrux involve more than the destruction of the object?" In my opinion this implied that first it is indispensable to destroy the subject that surrounds the soul part and second that you have to do more than that to destroy it really.

Percy wouldn`t recognise a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby`s tea-cosy.

Last edited by Annett; July 10th, 2007 at 2:51 pm.
Old July 29th, 2007, 2:57 am
Third Year

Just force Voldemort to eat them..........

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies