Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Where Does Voldemort Live or Hide?

Old July 22nd, 2005, 12:17 am
Third Year

Where Does Voldemort Live or Hide?

Jo has never really explained whre Voldemor Lives or Hides? He can't stay in one plabe with so much people looking for him? Where do you think he stays?

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:49 pm
First Year

He may be staying at the Riddle House. Or somewhere he has made unplottable...maybe he just jumps around to different Death Eaters houses. I don't really know it hasn't been mentioned before.

<CENTER style="MARGIN: 0px"></CENTER><CENTER style="MARGIN: 0px"> </CENTER>

Last edited by freezey; July 22nd, 2005 at 11:02 pm.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:55 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezey
He may bestaying at the Riddle House. Or somewhere he has made unplottable...maybe he just jumps around to different Death Eaters houses. I don't really know it hasn't been mentioned before.
Hehe, Voldemort the couch crasher ... awesome,

He probably has a place similar to 12 Grimmauld Place, I imagine, where nobody can find it unless he's asked them to come. I hope we find out in book 7 though; I imagine it will be wonderfully creepy.

Old July 22nd, 2005, 11:04 pm
First Year

With Nagani still hanging around and loads of masked people...sounds like a Halloween party. But really we should find out by book 7.

<CENTER style="MARGIN: 0px"></CENTER><CENTER style="MARGIN: 0px"> </CENTER>
Old July 22nd, 2005, 11:28 pm
Second Year

Where Do You Think Voldemort Goes For Protection?

Do the Death Eaters have a secret hiding space with Voldemort the Ministry of Magic has not tried to search? It's so strange, because in all the books somehow in some form Voldemort is alive. How does he cope and where does he do it? Where do you think he hides? Post what you think here. Rock on everybody!

Old July 23rd, 2005, 3:17 pm
I want to believe

Voldemort must have someplace to use as a base of operations as well as a hiding place. My guess is that it's either somewhere we've never been to, or maybe he uses the Riddle house like he did in GoF. I kind of like the idea of him using the Riddle house, seeing as how it is quite significant for him to use the house of his father to make his destructive plans. But where ever he's hiding, it must be a place that's heavily fortified.

X-Files is the property of Ten Thirteen Productions, 20th Century Fox
WolfCloak30 Pottermore
Old August 10th, 2005, 10:00 am
First Year

what do you think of him living in salazar slytherins house, he probably inherited it as heir

Old August 10th, 2005, 10:07 am
First Year

I like the Slytherin idea. Salazar would have put loads of charms on it to protect it from unwanted visitors, so LV wouldnt have to do many. I hope we see it in the 7th, I think we will.

Would be interesting to see how he lives, it says a lot about a person IMO.

Old August 10th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Fourth Year

why didnt he go to Salazars house after he tryed to kill harry then. he would have been easier to find by his death eaters.
i think he goes somewhere that no wizards know about, like where he had the locket. somewhere from his past.

Ranma & Akane

I Am Mrs. Draco Malfoy
Old August 10th, 2005, 3:36 pm
First Year

The place does not nessecarily need to be in England... Even though the story takes place there, we know that Voldemort for some reason fled to Albania when the spell backfired.

Old August 10th, 2005, 4:11 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moony_Remus
what do you think of him living in salazar slytherins house, he probably inherited it as heir
Are you talking about the house Marvolo, Morfin, and Merope lived in? I don't think that's Slytherin's house; it's kinda run down and shabby, and it borders a muggle town. I was under the assumption that his ancestors had carelessly lost everything Slytherin had, aside from a few trinkets, and now somebody else owns the Slytherin manor. If the heirs of Slytherin were entitled to his house, then Marvolo would not be so bitter about living just outside a muggle town.

I can't see Voldemort setting up his headquarters in a house that is so dingy. I'm hoping it's something more than the Riddle house because we've seen it before, but I wouldn't necessarily mind if it were his headquarters/home. Nobody calls it home, and the residents of Little Hangleton aren't likely to intrude, not after Frank's death.

Old August 10th, 2005, 6:00 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingara
Are you talking about the house Marvolo, Morfin, and Merope lived in? I don't think that's Slytherin's house; it's kinda run down and shabby, and it borders a muggle town. I was under the assumption that his ancestors had carelessly lost everything Slytherin had, aside from a few trinkets, and now somebody else owns the Slytherin manor. If the heirs of Slytherin were entitled to his house, then Marvolo would not be so bitter about living just outside a muggle town.

I can't see Voldemort setting up his headquarters in a house that is so dingy. I'm hoping it's something more than the Riddle house because we've seen it before, but I wouldn't necessarily mind if it were his headquarters/home. Nobody calls it home, and the residents of Little Hangleton aren't likely to intrude, not after Frank's death.
no im not talking about the marvolo and morphin house, i dont think it is slytehrins house, its too near muggles and too rubbishy. Im guessing slytherins house is some big secret,and dark unplottable mantion that only the actual heir and those he gives permission to can go in.

Old August 10th, 2005, 6:14 pm
Seventh Year

Maybe he's living in a random house using the Fidelus spell

Old August 10th, 2005, 6:35 pm
Fourth Year

thats a good theory, but i doubt he needs to. i think he would be somewhere where only his death eaters know about.

Ranma & Akane

I Am Mrs. Draco Malfoy
Old August 21st, 2005, 11:56 pm
Second Year

Maybe its a cave system, or a magically enhanced cave like where his Horcrux was, he found it during his rambles and delvings into the Dark Arts.

But as we know Lv likes grandeur, maybe he has made a sort of Hogwarts opposite, a castle thats been done up somewhere.

*shrugs*

Old August 22nd, 2005, 12:23 am
Third Year

I think probably a mansion of some sort. I dont think he lives in someplace thats below his statue like a cave or a house in thre middle of no where.

Old August 22nd, 2005, 1:23 am
Third Year

Well from book 5 (Order of The Phoenix)we can assume he is in a house or some sort, because of the dream Harry had of Voldemort and Augustus Rockwood, if he hasn't moved since.

Old August 22nd, 2005, 1:47 am
Sixth Year

Funnily enough, I see Voldemort conconcting all his sinister plots from an old, rundown shack. Is it possible he may be using the old Gaunt dwelling? No, DD said he'd been here already to retrieve the ring. Perhaps an underground place? I suppose it could be the old Riddle house, but I like the idea of it being a new place we haven't seen yet. Either way, I think Harry will come to at least catch a glimpse of it once he comes face to face with Voldemort in book 7. I don't put it past Voldemort to lure him there somehow.

"The truth is that I am forever living in my childhood... Actually I am living permanently in my dream, from which I make brief forays into reality." - Ingmar Bergman
Old September 20th, 2005, 8:34 pm
Fifth Year

This is my febble attempt to rescue a long since death thread... I will try to revive an interesting thread every once in a while from the very last page of "New Divination Studies" here it goes...

1.- We know Voldemort wen't straight to Albany on both times when he found himself without a body so Albany is a good place to look.
2.- We never saw him leave the Riddles home, but I would assume that he left since Dumbeldore went to the Gaunt Shack he might have checked it out just to see if he might ne there...

This is a very important thing to find out, Part of Harry's journey next year (menaing year seven for him, probably two or three years for us ) will be to find out were Voldemort dwells, since he needs to destroy Nagini prior to his final and epic encounter.

We know Harry will pay a visit to Godric's Hollow, and chances are he will find intersting pointers there as to were he needs to follow. Every other time Voldemort has come to Harry, this time it can't be that way, since Harry needs to play by his rules rather than Voldemort's meaning, he needs to make sure al 6 HX are destroyed including Nagini.

My best guess is that Voldemort is hiding in a place with some grandur to it. A big old mansion of one of his minions, probably the Malfoy mansion. I can clearly see VM getting rid of Narcisa and Draco and taking over the Chamber under the Drawing room...

I guess this is an interesting thread and maybe someone else want's to give it a try...

Old September 22nd, 2005, 12:34 am
First Year

I have been wondering about this since GoF... I can't imagine where he really stays, but I can't get the picture out of my head that he's still hanging out in that graveyard... Which would be silly, because anyone could see him...

Maybe when he was hiding in Albania, he found an old castle and is now using it as his lair...?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies