Login  
 
 
Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Hermione and Ron - Where to from here?



 
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old August 26th, 2005, 11:26 pm
Deevo's Avatar
Deevo  Male.gif Deevo is offline
Student
 
Joined: 5040 days
Location: Geraldton, Western Australia
Age: 53
Posts: 1,454
Hermione and Ron - Where to from here?

I've spent some time following the Harry and Ginny thread with some interest now and I must admit that I'm quite delighted with the way Jo has bought the two of them together. They are undoubtedly a going concern as a couple and seem to be only on hold while other matters are attended to.

Our other central pair, Hermione and Ron, are much less positive in how they've gone about their relationship. I must admit to having quite misjudged them as I thought by the way they interracted throughout and particularly at the end of OOTP that they were already a couple and may have even acknowledged this during their end of book hospital stay. Well how wrong I got that call, oh well.

Well, given Jo has pretty much said that Hermione and Ron are the other couple now I guess the question is when and how they are going to come out into the open and just admit it. Like the last book they've ended HBP in a very couple like manner with their mutual support of each other at the funeral and later of Harry in his upcoming quest. Still after the last book I'm not going to assume anything is set in stone between them and there are still some issues to be resolved or at least exposed to the reader.

So with that in mind the question is where to from here for Hermione and Ron? What's resolved and what remains to be resolved between them? I'm hoping that Jo retains the comedy of their relationship as this, and others in the series particularly from GOF on, have served to bring some lightness and balance out what has ben becoming an increasingly dark and dire story.

So what do you think then?


Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old August 26th, 2005, 11:43 pm
RogerV  Male.gif RogerV is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 4804 days
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 102
I think they're going to be in the middle of a big argument over God only knows what, and Hermione is going to just grab Ron and lay a lip lock on him. The rest, as they say, will be history....


  #3  
Old August 26th, 2005, 11:44 pm
Arwen1957  Female.gif Arwen1957 is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 4808 days
Location: Middle Earth
Age: 61
Posts: 246
I think a terrible thing will nearly happen and they will realize how much they care for each other


__________________
In memory of Keith Magnuson #3 Maggy you are forever in my heart
  #4  
Old August 27th, 2005, 1:10 am
cgold's Avatar
cgold  Female.gif cgold is offline
Hogwarts Graduate
 
Joined: 4838 days
Location: Here
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevo
I've spent some time following the Harry and Ginny thread with some interest now and I must admit that I'm quite delighted with the way Jo has bought the two of them together. They are undoubtedly a going concern as a couple and seem to be only on hold while other matters are attended to.
You sound like an Accountant here.

Quote:
Our other central pair, Hermione and Ron, are much less positive in how they've gone about their relationship. I must admit to having quite misjudged them as I thought by the way they interracted throughout and particularly at the end of OOTP that they were already a couple and may have even acknowledged this during their end of book hospital stay. Well how wrong I got that call, oh well.
I thought they were together as well. It's not you alone. I thought that even though there wasn't a lot of evidence they seemed to be acting like a couple in OotP.

Quote:
Well, given Jo has pretty much said that Hermione and Ron are the other couple now I guess the question is when and how they are going to come out into the open and just admit it. Like the last book they've ended HBP in a very couple like manner with their mutual support of each other at the funeral and later of Harry in his upcoming quest. Still after the last book I'm not going to assume anything is set in stone between them and there are still some issues to be resolved or at least exposed to the reader.
Well, they are definitely going to be together as they like Harry and Ginny are meant to be. How they'll come together is anyone's guess. Maybe at the wedding but more than likely bonding while visiting the Dursleys. I expect an early book get together but because they have to be searching for Horcruxes there will not be a lot of time for snogging, etc (I'm sure Harry will be thankful ).

Quote:
So with that in mind the question is where to from here for Hermione and Ron? What's resolved and what remains to be resolved between them? I'm hoping that Jo retains the comedy of their relationship as this, and others in the series particularly from GOF on, have served to bring some lightness and balance out what has ben becoming an increasingly dark and dire story.

So what do you think then?
I think that everything has been resolved between them. It's apparent to both of them now conclusively that they like each other. It's just a matter of discussing it and getting together (with some bickering of course ). Ron now knows what type of relationship he wants and Hermione knows that Ron wants her. It will happen at the beginning of the book within the first 10 chapters maybe. This could only be wishful thinking of course because I've been dying for this couple to get together since the end of GoF. I just hope JK doesn't make us wait.

I had a scary thought though - suppose JK doesn't ever plan to bring them together because she plans on killing one or both of them?



Last edited by cgold; August 27th, 2005 at 1:13 am.
  #5  
Old August 27th, 2005, 1:53 am
lexi13  Female.gif lexi13 is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4808 days
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Posts: 32
However they get together, i hope JK doesnt make us wait too long cause i have been waiting for what seems like forever for these two to get together. Im guessing that this might happen early on in the book, perhaps at the fleur/bill wedding, i think that would be really good event that will bring them together.
She better not kill one of them off..lol. That would be so horrible!! I'd be so upset, and i know a lot of other R/Hr shippers would be really upset as well. We've been waiting so long...


__________________
<center></center>
  #6  
Old August 27th, 2005, 1:55 am
DeathEater14  Male.gif DeathEater14 is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4786 days
Location: Linden, New Jersey
Age: 27
Posts: 16
I think that Ron and Hermione will live happily ever after because it always seems that in stories the two side characters who always argue with each other fall in love with each other.


__________________
<img src="http://nimbo.net/quiz/slyth2.gif" alt="i'm in slytherin!"><br>
  #7  
Old August 27th, 2005, 2:00 am
FaceofBoe's Avatar
FaceofBoe  Male.gif FaceofBoe is offline
Sixth Year
 
Joined: 4808 days
Location: Trudging slowly over wet sand
Posts: 1,271
The feeling I got from the end of HBP is that they love each other and they both know it. They're more comfortable with each other than they've probably been since CoS. But they're not at the kissing stage yet. I think we might not see them at that stage until after the halfway point of Book 7 - it might even be not until the very climax of the series that they actually, officially, get together (let's face it, a love story is usually more interesting during the actual falling in love stage, than it is once the couple have got together). Why they're not together yet, we can only speculate. We know Harry was worried about them getting together, because he didn't want them to fall apart, and their friendship to go with it; and he was also worried that they'd become embarrassing. Perhaps Ron and Hermione (probably Hermione more than Ron) are worried how Harry will react? How would he feel about it? Not that he'll be angry, but that he'll be hurt or embarrassed in some way. None of the trio have ever openly talked about what's going on, so Ron and Hermione have no idea how he'll react. Maybe this will be discussed in Book 7. Another interesting thing is that the books are told from Harry's POV, so when Ron and Hermione first kiss - if JKR wants to show it to us - Harry will have to be either in the room, or spying on them. I can't wait to see how she's going to work all of this together. She's been telling this romance over seven books and clearly knows exactly how it's going to work out - just one piece of the puzzle left.


__________________
Ravenclaw
Chestnut and unicorn tail hair, 10 3/4 inches, unyielding
  #8  
Old August 27th, 2005, 6:35 am
Deevo's Avatar
Deevo  Male.gif Deevo is offline
Student
 
Joined: 5040 days
Location: Geraldton, Western Australia
Age: 53
Posts: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen1957
I think a terrible thing will nearly happen and they will realize how much they care for each other
Personally I think that's what happened with Ron's poisoning but like the previous book and their mutual hospital stay I'm not taking anything for granted this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevo
They are undoubtedly a going concern as a couple and seem to be only on hold while other matters are attended to.
You sound like an Accountant here.
Aaargh, no, not the accountant. Run for your lives.

Quote:
Well, they are definitely going to be together as they like Harry and Ginny are meant to be. How they'll come together is anyone's guess. Maybe at the wedding but more than likely bonding while visiting the Dursleys. I expect an early book get together but because they have to be searching for Horcruxes there will not be a lot of time for snogging, etc (I'm sure Harry will be thankful ).
I'm kind of expecting something to come out at the wedding, I just hope Jo keeps it comedic.

Quote:
I think that everything has been resolved between them.
That's what I'm not so sure of, if it has then it's happened out of sight for us. The one festering issue I hope is adressed is Hermione's relationship with Viktor. I think from her perspective he's a friend but it's obvious that Ron still feels threatened by him and we still don't know just how Viktor himself feels. During GOF he certainly seemed to display genuine feelings toward her.

Quote:
It's apparent to both of them now conclusively that they like each other. It's just a matter of discussing it and getting together (with some bickering of course ). Ron now knows what type of relationship he wants and Hermione knows that Ron wants her. It will happen at the beginning of the book within the first 10 chapters maybe. This could only be wishful thinking of course because I've been dying for this couple to get together since the end of GoF. I just hope JK doesn't make us wait.
Oh definately. It's the discussing of it that's been the hold up for them being as they're both clearly insecure people and uncertain how to move forward here. Hopefully their mutual understanding that was shown at Dumbledore's funeral which was such a contrast to the last time Hermione broke down with Ron in POA will allow them to deal with this more effctively than either of them have yet done.

Quote:
I had a scary thought though - suppose JK doesn't ever plan to bring them together because she plans on killing one or both of them?
Like I said in the 'Your feelings if Harry dies?' thread in this post I'd be quite shocked and surprised if Harry and the rest of the foursome didn't survive the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceofBoe
The feeling I got from the end of HBP is that they love each other and they both know it. They're more comfortable with each other than they've probably been since CoS. But they're not at the kissing stage yet. I think we might not see them at that stage until after the halfway point of Book 7 - it might even be not until the very climax of the series that they actually, officially, get together (let's face it, a love story is usually more interesting during the actual falling in love stage, than it is once the couple have got together). Why they're not together yet, we can only speculate. We know Harry was worried about them getting together, because he didn't want them to fall apart, and their friendship to go with it; and he was also worried that they'd become embarrassing. Perhaps Ron and Hermione (probably Hermione more than Ron) are worried how Harry will react? How would he feel about it? Not that he'll be angry, but that he'll be hurt or embarrassed in some way. None of the trio have ever openly talked about what's going on, so Ron and Hermione have no idea how he'll react. Maybe this will be discussed in Book 7. Another interesting thing is that the books are told from Harry's POV, so when Ron and Hermione first kiss - if JKR wants to show it to us - Harry will have to be either in the room, or spying on them. I can't wait to see how she's going to work all of this together. She's been telling this romance over seven books and clearly knows exactly how it's going to work out - just one piece of the puzzle left.
Were they already together I can see a kind of reluctance to be too 'couply' around Harry, particularly when they know he's broken it off with Ginny and why. This may change as the book progresses but to be honest such moments are probably only going to be short interludes between challenges for them. Still I'm looking forward to seeing it progress.


  #9  
Old August 28th, 2005, 8:39 pm
Durmstrang_DE  Female.gif Durmstrang_DE is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4802 days
Location: Under my invisibility cloak...
Posts: 49
Well, Jo did say that we haven't seen the last of Viktor. Maybe he'll be at the wedding? I don't know about that, but hopefully we will see him, and maybe then Ron can clear the air between him and Krum over Hermione.


__________________
Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.

I was Lord Voldemorts most loyal supporter and all I got was this stupid siggy

Glory for Hufflepuff--In Memory of Cedric Diggory
  #10  
Old August 28th, 2005, 9:48 pm
rhhgrt's Avatar
rhhgrt  Undisclosed.gif rhhgrt is offline
Sixth Year
 
Joined: 4800 days
Location: New York
Age: 29
Posts: 1,229
I'll bet that Ron and Hermione "go for a walk" at the wedding, and Harry goes to find them, and sees them kissing.


  #11  
Old August 28th, 2005, 10:25 pm
SoLeTe  Female.gif SoLeTe is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 4791 days
Location: MirkwO.od, Middle Earth
Age: 34
Posts: 155
I'd love to see them together!!! But it seems they'd take a while to have that talk they really need to have in which they should be completely honest to each other ...


__________________
M a d r i d . 2 0 0 3


:: Ŋ t ė Đ . η . м Ч . m ℮ M З s ::
  #12  
Old August 28th, 2005, 10:28 pm
cgold's Avatar
cgold  Female.gif cgold is offline
Hogwarts Graduate
 
Joined: 4838 days
Location: Here
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevo
That's what I'm not so sure of, if it has then it's happened out of sight for us. The one festering issue I hope is adressed is Hermione's relationship with Viktor. I think from her perspective he's a friend but it's obvious that Ron still feels threatened by him and we still don't know just how Viktor himself feels. During GOF he certainly seemed to display genuine feelings toward her.
Oh, no. Completely forgot about the Krum-factor. Geesh. Just one thing more to hold up the R/H happening. Okay, I take back what I said. Nothing is resolved until Krum is out of the picture and I can't even hope that he will not return because JK said he would. Maybe an early get together is being too hopeful after all although I'll still wish for it. Maybe they will clear it up quickly when Krum comes into the picture. Ron is so irrational in his jealousy though that I very much doubt it. Oh, well, we didn't want all that snogging while they were searching for the Horcruxes anyway, so maybe them getting together at the end is better.

Cheers


  #13  
Old August 28th, 2005, 11:40 pm
Jenowa  Undisclosed.gif Jenowa is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4778 days
Posts: 1
I really hope they get together like soon, I really thought they were going to get together like at the beginning of OotP, and they didn't even at all.

Actually I was pretty dissapointed with OotP in regard to their relationship just because it wasn't focused on at all, and it didn't really make any significant progress in my opinion. At least HBP there were massive steps....in every romantic relationship in the series, because I know Harry Potter doesn't have to have any focus on romance whatsoever, but it's nice. I think OotP didn't have enough, and HBP had maybe a little bit too much....but yea can't wait to see what happens


  #14  
Old August 29th, 2005, 12:15 am
WeasleDiva  Female.gif WeasleDiva is offline
Third Year
 
Joined: 4948 days
Location: Indiana
Posts: 424
Quote:
I'll bet that Ron and Hermione "go for a walk" at the wedding, and Harry goes to find them, and sees them kissing.
You got it!

Here is another thing to consider:

1. Arthur and Molly eloped. They did not wait because they were made for each other.
2. Many people did during the last war.
3. Ron thought that Bill/Fleur, having dated a year, was long enough to get married.
4. Ron mentioned "popping the question" and "announcing their engagement" in two unrelated situations.
5. Ron is impulsive and Hermione is logical. Where is the logic in waiting for marriage when you are made for each other and you don't know if you will live to see the next week or not due to the war?


  #15  
Old August 29th, 2005, 12:54 am
rhhgrt's Avatar
rhhgrt  Undisclosed.gif rhhgrt is offline
Sixth Year
 
Joined: 4800 days
Location: New York
Age: 29
Posts: 1,229
Maybe Krum will be at the wedding because Fleur invited him for some kind of nostalgic get-the-living-champions-together/reunion kinda thing


  #16  
Old August 29th, 2005, 1:53 am
Durmstrang_DE  Female.gif Durmstrang_DE is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4802 days
Location: Under my invisibility cloak...
Posts: 49
Quote:
Maybe Krum will be at the wedding because Fleur invited him for some kind of nostalgic get-the-living-champions-together/reunion kinda thing
lol, maybe so. Fleur's invitation to Krum: So I felt that since you're still living and all... do you want to come?


__________________
Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.

I was Lord Voldemorts most loyal supporter and all I got was this stupid siggy

Glory for Hufflepuff--In Memory of Cedric Diggory
  #17  
Old August 29th, 2005, 2:27 am
weluvtham00n  Female.gif weluvtham00n is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 4813 days
Location: Anywhere You're Not
Age: 30
Posts: 278
It's weird, I can't really see how H&R are going to get together amidst all the searching ro Horcruxes, and death... and stuff. Because obviously in book7 the death toll is only going to increase, and that's not exactly romantic is it?

The only chance i can see is right at the beginning of the book before things get too weird, maybe they'll end up sharing a room somewhere *wink wink* lol, I didnt actually mean like that, but that would put them in close quarters so they might actually have to talk about what they think..about eachother, am I making sense? Either way it's going to be pretty difficult trying to keep up a relationship in those circumstances, but they should mkae the most of it because who knoooows who JKR is going to kill off.


__________________
:: I'm the girl you thought you saw ::

  #18  
Old August 29th, 2005, 2:42 am
MionesRevenge  Female.gif MionesRevenge is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 4805 days
Location: Causing chaos with Mungojerrie
Age: 29
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durmstrang_DE
lol, maybe so. Fleur's invitation to Krum: So I felt that since you're still living and all... do you want to come?
Hahahahaha...

Anyway, I don't think Krum will get in the way of Ron and Hermione - they both know they like each other, and it would be stupid to say otherwise especially with Voldemort running around with his Death Eaters, avada kedavra'ing anyone who gets in the way.

We'll probably see them get together in the beginning of the book, in that little pre-Hogwarts part (though, this time it may be pre-Horcrux-search part). I have a funny feeling that at one point or another, Harry's just going to walk in on the two of them...this is one of the few things I'm 99.999% sure about. Hehe.


__________________
  #19  
Old August 29th, 2005, 3:48 am
sparkly's Avatar
sparkly  Female.gif sparkly is offline
Sixth Year
 
Joined: 4810 days
Location: Nevernever
Posts: 1,307
Since we know from JKR that Krum will turn up in Book 7, I think he will play a part in Ron and Hermione getting together as a couple. Ron and Hermione have unfinished business regarding Krum, and whether he attends the wedding or appears later in the story, he will spark a discussion (more likely an argument) between Ron and Hermione that will clear the air and allow them to acknowledge their feelings for each other.

I also think Krum will have some information about horcruxes since he attended a school that specialized in the Dark Arts, and he'll share that information with Harry - maybe through Hermione.


  #20  
Old August 29th, 2005, 5:20 am
Centaur_Iain  Male.gif Centaur_Iain is offline
Third Year
 
Joined: 4814 days
Location: Washington State
Age: 30
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkly
Since we know from JKR that Krum will turn up in Book 7, I think he will play a part in Ron and Hermione getting together as a couple. Ron and Hermione have unfinished business regarding Krum, and whether he attends the wedding or appears later in the story, he will spark a discussion (more likely an argument) between Ron and Hermione that will clear the air and allow them to acknowledge their feelings for each other.
I agree with this, Krum will probably be the final factor in Ron and Hermione getting together.
Quote:
I also think Krum will have some information about horcruxes since he attended a school that specialized in the Dark Arts, and he'll share that information with Harry - maybe through Hermione.
I'm thinking something of this possibilty, that Krum will have some information on something of the Horcrux's, maybe the old headmaster knew something about Voldemorts or something, we can only speculate.


__________________


It would be really great if I met a Fundamentalist Christian, to say, would you like to discuss the matter with Hagrid? - JKR
 
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 4:50 am.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Original content is Copyright MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright its respective owners.