Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Hermione and Ron - Where to from here?

Old August 29th, 2005, 8:31 am
Third Year

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkly
Since we know from JKR that Krum will turn up in Book 7, I think he will play a part in Ron and Hermione getting together as a couple. Ron and Hermione have unfinished business regarding Krum, and whether he attends the wedding or appears later in the story, he will spark a discussion (more likely an argument) between Ron and Hermione that will clear the air and allow them to acknowledge their feelings for each other.

I agree with this, Krum will probably be the final factor in Ron and Hermione getting together.

Quote:
I also think Krum will have some information about horcruxes since he attended a school that specialized in the Dark Arts, and he'll share that information with Harry - maybe through Hermione.

I'm thinking something of this possibilty, that Krum will have some information on something of the Horcrux's, maybe the old headmaster knew something about Voldemorts or something, we can only speculate.
I also agree that Krum will be a factor in Ron and Hermione truly getting together. And also, about Krum knowing something about Horcruxes. His old headmaster was a DE so maybe he knew something that he told Krum. Karkaroff was always fond of Krum.

Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2005, 11:44 am
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleDiva
Here is another thing to consider:

1. Arthur and Molly eloped. They did not wait because they were made for each other.
2. Many people did during the last war.
3. Ron thought that Bill/Fleur, having dated a year, was long enough to get married.
4. Ron mentioned "popping the question" and "announcing their engagement" in two unrelated situations.
5. Ron is impulsive and Hermione is logical. Where is the logic in waiting for marriage when you are made for each other and you don't know if you will live to see the next week or not due to the war?
All good points save for one issue, as things stand right now Ron doesn't seem to have the self confidence to make such a move, Harry might were their roles reversed but I doubt Ron would at this point. We may yet see something of the sort come about when things are a bit more open between them though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvtham00n
It's weird, I can't really see how H&R are going to get together amidst all the searching ro Horcruxes, and death... and stuff. Because obviously in book7 the death toll is only going to increase, and that's not exactly romantic is it?
I don't think they'll get together in quite that meaning of the phrase but I do think that they, like Harry and Ginny, will finally acknowledge just what they mean to each other even if they put the smoochies (I love that word ) on hold for now.

Quote:
The only chance i can see is right at the beginning of the book before things get too weird, maybe they'll end up sharing a room somewhere *wink wink* lol, I didnt actually mean like that, but that would put them in close quarters so they might actually have to talk about what they think..about eachother, am I making sense? Either way it's going to be pretty difficult trying to keep up a relationship in those circumstances, but they should mkae the most of it because who knoooows who JKR is going to kill off.
That could work, actually I thought that was exactly what did happen with their enforced hospital stay at the end of OOTP.

Old August 29th, 2005, 1:54 pm
Second Year

I think somethings going to happen either before or during the Horcrux quest that gives Ron the self-confidence, like fast acting spellwork saving Harry and Hermione from more of the nefarius things lurking around LV's Horcrux's.

At which point, he will start working towards his end goal in his head as Harry did in HBP, culminating in Hermione getting ingured from a DE and Ron dropping the DE alone and by himself, somethingg he has never done before, then he will ask if Hermiones ok, pull her up, and plant a big, wet whiskery kiss on her smackers

Old August 29th, 2005, 5:32 pm
First Year

I think somethings going to happen either during the Horcrux quest, where ron has to sacrifice just like the chess puzzle in PS/ss. Then he will acknowledge his feeling to hermione, and kiss good bye before he go and died.

For every Legend, there is a Hero
Old August 29th, 2005, 6:28 pm
First Year

I too personally hope we don't have to wait to long for those to bring it out in the open that they care deeply for each other. Something will spark the interest in each of them and then you know it they won't stop. Yes they are opposties, for e.g. when Ron accused Crookshanks of eating Scabbers the two of them were arguing about that for days. Then apologies came around and the two made up and continued to share their bond of friendship. Hopefully they'll continue on as the unique couple they are in the next book.

Old August 29th, 2005, 7:20 pm
Sixth Year

If the whole "I'm dying, so I'll chose this moment to confess my undying love for you" thing does happen, I will be seriously upset. Besides, this would be way to cliche, and way to reminiscent of Star Wars (yeah, I know that Han doesn't die).
I'm still positive that they'll get it together at the wedding.

Old August 29th, 2005, 7:54 pm
Master of the Magical Arts

No offense to Deevo or anyone else who thought it, but I never liked the theory that Ron and Hermione were already together but "hiding" their relationship. I just don't think they would do that to Harry. For one thing, when they get finally together, Ron is going to be over the moon with happiness and I can't see him wanting to hide it from any one, least of all Harry.

Harry will be the first person they tell and they will tell him soon after it happens - either that or he will witness it. Personally, I hope he witnesses it so we can witness it too!

I think they will get together in the beginning of the book. The wedding is a good possibility. I also think there will some catalyst to bring it about. Ron came out his relationship with Lavender more mature and more confident and he and Hermione were very close at the end of HBP but I think he still has some issues to work out. First off, they have to deal with the whole Lavender thing. He may now be worried that Hermione won't love him back because of him hurting her like that. Second, Krum is still an issue. Ron is threatened by Hermione's friendship with Krum. That has to be dealt with as well.

I've been thinking for a while that Krum would be a guest at the wedding and that would be the catalyst for Ron and Hermione to finally get together. I wonder what would happen if Krum showed up with a girlfriend?

I like the idea that Krum might know something about Horcruxes. Durmstrang actually taught the students the Dark Arts so it is possible that he knows about them. That could also be a catalyst - Krum helping them look for them.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old August 29th, 2005, 10:36 pm
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971
No offense to Deevo or anyone else who thought it, but I never liked the theory that Ron and Hermione were already together but "hiding" their relationship. I just don't think they would do that to Harry. For one thing, when they get finally together, Ron is going to be over the moon with happiness and I can't see him wanting to hide it from any one, least of all Harry.

Harry will be the first person they tell and they will tell him soon after it happens - either that or he will witness it. Personally, I hope he witnesses it so we can witness it too!
Though it's a tad redundant now I'd just like to clarify that while I thought they were already a couple at the end of OOTP I didn't think they were so much hiding it as keeping to themselves initially because Harry was behaving like such a prat and at the end out of deferance to his loss. Were the situation different I've no doubt he would have been the first to know. Like I said that's all redundant now as it didn't materialise that way.

Quote:
I think they will get together in the beginning of the book. The wedding is a good possibility. I also think there will some catalyst to bring it about. Ron came out his relationship with Lavender more mature and more confident and he and Hermione were very close at the end of HBP but I think he still has some issues to work out.
Pretty much what I've been thinking.

Quote:
First off, they have to deal with the whole Lavender thing. He may now be worried that Hermione won't love him back because of him hurting her like that.
Actually that's a good point and one I've not given much thought to, must be because I'm a guy . I figured the whole Lavender lip trip issue was pretty straightforwardly over but we never really got to see any closure from Hermione's side of it.

Quote:
Second, Krum is still an issue. Ron is threatened by Hermione's friendship with Krum. That has to be dealt with as well.
Oh definately, it's the one issue that I've thought to be a crucial one. Still with the whole Lavender episode it does even up their relationship now and adds some more commonality to their situations. Now if only they'd talk about it. .

Quote:
I've been thinking for a while that Krum would be a guest at the wedding and that would be the catalyst for Ron and Hermione to finally get together. I wonder what would happen if Krum showed up with a girlfriend?
I quite like the idea of Viktor as a wedding guest, I really like his character as he seems a pretty decent sort of chap but a girlfriend (or wife as early marriage seems to be popular in the wizarding world) could make for an interesting meeting, especially if she's not immediately recognised for who she is .

Quote:
I like the idea that Krum might know something about Horcruxes. Durmstrang actually taught the students the Dark Arts so it is possible that he knows about them. That could also be a catalyst - Krum helping them look for them.
Like I said I like Viktor, he seems a nice guy and his background and education at Durmstrang would make him a useful ally for Harry. Too bad we have to wait a couple of years to find out.

Old August 29th, 2005, 10:44 pm
Second Year

yay for Ron and Hermione randomly showing up married

I agree that the wedding would be an excellent time for them to hook it up. However, that isn't very exciting ...

Okay. They meet up at Grimmald Place, and Draco in there, hiding. We can see why Ron hates him so much, since Draco did almost kill him last year, but of course Hermione *would* insist on treating him like a human being, becuase she's just like that (Kreacher). Ron becomes paralyzed with jealousy because he detects the genuine yet really unsavory crush Draco has had on Hermione since 4th year. THAT'S when Ron and Hermione fight, and THEN she makes her move...

Old August 30th, 2005, 12:10 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
That's what I think - the romantic in me likes the thought of Krum a guest at the wedding, then a big fight with Ron, then Ron and Hermione realize they really love each other, but luckily JKR is a better writer than that.

Krum helping with the horcruxes is more like JKR's style, and I think he'll be the catalyst to get Ron and Hermione together.

Old August 30th, 2005, 6:02 am
Third Year

Quote:

I think they will get together in the beginning of the book. The wedding is a good possibility. I also think there will some catalyst to bring it about. Ron came out his relationship with Lavender more mature and more confident and he and Hermione were very close at the end of HBP but I think he still has some issues to work out. First off, they have to deal with the whole Lavender thing. He may now be worried that Hermione won't love him back because of him hurting her like that. Second, Krum is still an issue. Ron is threatened by Hermione's friendship with Krum. That has to be dealt with as well.

I completely agree with your thoughts and opinions. I don't even have to write anymore, you basically said it all.

But as for Ron and Hermione being a couple at the end of OotP, I never thought about it. And like you, I don't think they would hide it from Harry. Plus, Harry kind of knows now that they like each other so maybe he will also play a factor in the two of them getting together. I hope they discuss their feelings for each other at the wedding. That'd be a good time, people getting married, watching them, Ron could pick up some tips for when it's his big day with hermione.

Old August 30th, 2005, 7:35 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvtham00n
It's weird, I can't really see how H&R are going to get together amidst all the searching ro Horcruxes, and death... and stuff. Because obviously in book7 the death toll is only going to increase, and that's not exactly romantic is it?

The only chance i can see is right at the beginning of the book before things get too weird, maybe they'll end up sharing a room somewhere *wink wink* lol, I didnt actually mean like that, but that would put them in close quarters so they might actually have to talk about what they think..about eachother, am I making sense? Either way it's going to be pretty difficult trying to keep up a relationship in those circumstances, but they should mkae the most of it because who knoooows who JKR is going to kill off.
yeah but them in a dissapearing closet or something!!!

I'm A Slave 4 U/I won't deny it, I'm not trying to hide it///Boys, Sometimes a girl just needs on//She's the original/She's unforgettable
!!Britney Fan 4EVA!!
Old August 30th, 2005, 12:13 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhhgrt
If the whole "I'm dying, so I'll chose this moment to confess my undying love for you" thing does happen, I will be seriously upset.
Me too, but I've had a very bad feeling since the end of HBP that that's just what could happen...

Old August 30th, 2005, 5:15 pm
First Year

Do you think that maybe Ginny knows how Hermoine feels? Ginny said in HBP that Hermoine had given her advice about Harry, maybe Ginny has given Hermoine advice about Ron.

That would lead to a possible wedding scenario: Ginny and Harry are having a good time together (not really thinking about wether or not they are "officially" together or not) and get talking about R/Hr. Being the adorable couple they are, they work up a way to get R/Hr dancing or something - where they either kiss or profess their love! Awww...

That could be a really happy point in the beginning of the story - esp. for the Weasleys. Bill is married, Ginny and Harry are together, & Ron and Hermoine are now together.

I also think Ron felt he needed some experience with girls before asking Hermoine out. She did date Krum after all (who, in Ron's eyes would be big shoes to fill) and there was McClaggen at Slughorn's party, etc. Now that he's finished wrestling with Lavender, I think he feels he can move on to Hermoine with some confidence.

As far as Ron being afraid Hermoine won't love him back after the Lavender fiasco, does anybody remember Hermoine's comments before Slughorn's party? "I only date good Quidditch players." And the flock of canaries? She was pretty mean to him too. I'd say they were even!

Old August 30th, 2005, 11:19 pm
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensievePam
Do you think that maybe Ginny knows how Hermoine feels? Ginny said in HBP that Hermoine had given her advice about Harry, maybe Ginny has given Hermoine advice about Ron.
It'd be the type of thing she'd do.

Quote:
That would lead to a possible wedding scenario: Ginny and Harry are having a good time together (not really thinking about wether or not they are "officially" together or not) and get talking about R/Hr. Being the adorable couple they are, they work up a way to get R/Hr dancing or something - where they either kiss or profess their love! Awww...
Actually I can see a scenario where Hermione and Ron, knowing about Harry and Ginny's 'seperation' are a bit reluctant to be too 'couply' around them and Harry and Ginny get fed up with this and contrive to get them together in some manner.

Quote:
That could be a really happy point in the beginning of the story - esp. for the Weasleys. Bill is married, Ginny and Harry are together, & Ron and Hermoine are now together.
Could be interesting at that.

Quote:
I also think Ron felt he needed some experience with girls before asking Hermoine out. She did date Krum after all (who, in Ron's eyes would be big shoes to fill) and there was McClaggen at Slughorn's party, etc. Now that he's finished wrestling with Lavender, I think he feels he can move on to Hermoine with some confidence.
Maybe, it's clear that Jo thought he needed toe experience before he could move on, as for Ron I personally thought it was just another display of his insecurities.

Quote:
As far as Ron being afraid Hermoine won't love him back after the Lavender fiasco, does anybody remember Hermoine's comments before Slughorn's party? "I only date good Quidditch players." And the flock of canaries? She was pretty mean to him too. I'd say they were even!
Agreed, that was pretty spiteful but then Hermione can be a pretty spiteful girl at times, Just ask Rita .

What they need to do above everything else is talk and Harry and Ginny, being the closest people to them and having made their own peace so to speak would be in a good position to nudge things along. Actually given that in HBP we've seen Harry as a supporter of his friends where in previous books he's been needing their support more he and Ginny would be well placed to do just that. However it comes about it'll add some much needed light to what'll be a dark book otherwise.

Old August 31st, 2005, 5:57 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevo
Though it's a tad redundant now I'd just like to clarify that while I thought they were already a couple at the end of OOTP I didn't think they were so much hiding it as keeping to themselves initially because Harry was behaving like such a prat and at the end out of deferance to his loss. Were the situation different I've no doubt he would have been the first to know. Like I said that's all redundant now as it didn't materialise that way.
Yeah, it's redundent now but I never liked that theory. I just don't think they would hide something that important from Harry even if he was being a prat. He wasn't a prat through the whole book - not to them anyway.

This is how I look at it. Ron and Hermione are a couple and have been for years. The problem is that THEY don't know they are a couple. The only thing left is for them to realize it and admit their feelings.

Quote:
Pretty much what I've been thinking.
Another possibility that someone else mentioned is that they could be forced to live in close quarters when they start searching for the Horcruxes. I like that idea as well. They're going to the Dursleys - I can't see the Dursleys being hospitable enough to offer Hermione the guest room. They may all have to sleep in Harry's room. Where are they going to stay when they go to Godric's Hollow? The Potter's house was destroyed. There are a lot of possibilities there.

Quote:
Actually that's a good point and one I've not given much thought to, must be because I'm a guy . I figured the whole Lavender lip trip issue was pretty straightforwardly over but we never really got to see any closure from Hermione's side of it.
The Lavender lip trip was more complicated I think. I think there was more to it than making Hermione jealous. I don't think Ron actually believed he could make Hermione jealous until it actually happened. I think it was a combination of being hurt and angry because he found out Hermione and Krum kissed, feeling bad about himself in general (particularly regarding Quidditch), and being hurt and angry because he thought Hermione didn't believe he could play Quidditch well without Felix Felicis. Lavender flirted with him and complimented him and her timing was perfect. She caught him at a low point when he was hurt and angry and her attention made him feel better.

Quote:
Oh definately, it's the one issue that I've thought to be a crucial one. Still with the whole Lavender episode it does even up their relationship now and adds some more commonality to their situations. Now if only they'd talk about it. .
Absolutely. That is the key to everything. They need to talk about everything that's happened.

Quote:
I quite like the idea of Viktor as a wedding guest, I really like his character as he seems a pretty decent sort of chap but a girlfriend (or wife as early marriage seems to be popular in the wizarding world) could make for an interesting meeting, especially if she's not immediately recognised for who she is .

Like I said I like Viktor, he seems a nice guy and his background and education at Durmstrang would make him a useful ally for Harry. Too bad we have to wait a couple of years to find out.
JKR did say that Viktor would be back. We just don't know when, where, or how.

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old August 31st, 2005, 6:47 pm
Registered Animagus

I agree with those who said that Viktor could have a part in it.

Ron feels jealous again of Krum, thinking that he did kiss Hermione. Ron doesn't want Krum messing things up, so he asks Hermione...

Old August 31st, 2005, 9:20 pm
Second Year

I think the next major problem thats going to come this way is going be Harry.
Its the classic scenario of two best friends getting together the other one feeling left out..

Sorry I dont have qoute but Harry thinks in on of the books that if they get together they would no longer hang around with him. We all know about harrys CAPLOCK ANGER that shows itself, we may see it again.

Or possibly Harry right at the end will leave the two alone maybe pull a Dumbledore and stun them so they dont get involved.

"Yes, I thought we might hit that little snag, Well it's just that you seem to be laboring under the delusion that I am going to ; what is the phrase ...'Come quietly' .." - Albus Dumbledore
Old August 31st, 2005, 9:41 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable_X
Its the classic scenario of two best friends getting together the other one feeling left out..

Sorry I dont have qoute but Harry thinks in on of the books that if they get together they would no longer hang around with him. We all know about harrys CAPLOCK ANGER that shows itself, we may see it again.

Or possibly Harry right at the end will leave the two alone maybe pull a Dumbledore and stun them so they dont get involved.
Harry shows some mild concern in HBP when Hermione asks Ron to go to Slughorn's party with her. He worries that, if they were to get together and then break up, it would destroy their friendship. He then considers the possibility of them becoming like Bill and Fleur and getting so wrapped up in each other that he would be pushed to the side. Both are valid concerns but neither will come to pass. Harry decides to simply watch them and see if their behavior towards each other changes.

Another significance, this occurs before he starts dating Ginny. Harry hasn't really had a relationship before. He had one kiss and one date with Cho. This is a whole new experience for him. I think Harry will want Ron and Hermione to be happy. I don't think we're going to see angry moody Harry return just because Ron and Hermione get together.

Old August 31st, 2005, 10:14 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable_X

There's Ginny though, so he'll have her.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies