Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Hermione and Ron - Where to from here?

Old September 5th, 2005, 1:30 am
First Year

Weren't Arthur and Molly 18 when they got married, or am I hallucinating things?

I was Lord Voldemorts most loyal supporter and all I got was this stupid siggy

Glory for Hufflepuff--In Memory of Cedric Diggory
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2005, 5:27 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemusLupinFan
I'd like to think Hermione and Ron might be a bit more open about their feelings for each other in the next book now that they have somewhat admitted them at the end of HBP. That doesnít mean they wonít still fight with each other and act like they hate each other though. But I certainly hope they admit their feelings more openly in the future, and I'm all for seeing a wedding between them in the epilogue.
I'll go out on a limb and say that they were officially an item at the funeral and will in all likelihood publicly declare their relationship at Bill/Fleur's wedding. I think we'll see them pair up near the beginning of the book. I mean, there's really no more groundwork to lay between them; Rowling has officially stretched the Ron/Hermione tension as far as it can go.
And I'm hoping that for Harry's sake, they control their bickering a bit, as that's the last thing Harry needs; 6 books of that was enough . I'm not a Ron/Hermione shipper, by any means, but I'm all for seeing a different side to their interactions.

"The truth is that I am forever living in my childhood... Actually I am living permanently in my dream, from which I make brief forays into reality." - Ingmar Bergman
Old September 5th, 2005, 7:59 pm
Third Year

The greenhouse moment between Ron and Hermione give evidence to what they relationslhip will be like after they finally admit their feelings. Ron's voice even becomes much quieter. The next day they were much politer to each other. I think this means that once they are secure in their love, they won't be accidently or on purpose pushing each other's buttons. They will be in sync. So definitely, they will be a couple at the beginning of the book and Bill and Fleur's wedding would be a romantic place to share a first kiss. Probably after the reception, out near the pond. Harry will manage to overhear the whole thing.

So while our heroes are snogging and/or casually overhearing snogging, the Death-Eaters strike at the Burrow. I can't see why Voldy would overlook an opportunity to attack so many good guys all gathered in once place.

Old September 5th, 2005, 10:33 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durmstrang_DE
Well, Jo did say that we haven't seen the last of Viktor. Maybe he'll be at the wedding? I don't know about that, but hopefully we will see him, and maybe then Ron can clear the air between him and Krum over Hermione.

That will certainly be interesting! And now that I think about it Iíd love to read it and later on see it happen.
Well said Durmstrang_DE

Old September 6th, 2005, 7:23 am
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVaNeScEnCe
I'll go out on a limb and say that they were officially an item at the funeral and will in all likelihood publicly declare their relationship at Bill/Fleur's wedding. I think we'll see them pair up near the beginning of the book. I mean, there's really no more groundwork to lay between them; Rowling has officially stretched the Ron/Hermione tension as far as it can go.
And I'm hoping that for Harry's sake, they control their bickering a bit, as that's the last thing Harry needs; 6 books of that was enough . I'm not a Ron/Hermione shipper, by any means, but I'm all for seeing a different side to their interactions.
Well, Ron and Hermione will always bicker to a certain extent but I think we have seen what their relationship will be like once they admit their feelings and stop dancing around it. After they become friends again, there is a HUGE decrease in their bickering. They are more comfortable around each other and stop trying to "push each other's buttons". At this point, they are basically already a couple. They just have to admit it to each other.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old September 6th, 2005, 8:37 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleDiva
So while our heroes are snogging and/or casually overhearing snogging, the Death-Eaters strike at the Burrow. I can't see why Voldy would overlook an opportunity to attack so many good guys all gathered in once place.
A bit off topic, but he'll be busy making Rufus sign his surrender papers here, here, here, and initial here. He may write the Order off now that Dumbledore is gone (he knows from his personal experience how long the Death Eaters managed to keep it going without him. He may forget that the Order is a completely different sort of organization.)
Quote:
I agree, she revealed very many things at the beginning of HBP to set it up for the rest of the novel. Book 7 will be the same, Ron and Hermione will be a couple from the start (chapter 1 or 2, the Wedding Chapter) and the rest of the novel will be them dealing with it.

They'll never stop bickering, but they're slowing down. In HBP, if you don't count all the relationship-related drama, they didn't bicker at all. So once they get their relationship ironed out, they'll move on and only fight occasionally.

"The final chapter of the seventh book is written."
-Joanne Kathleen Rowling, July 1999
Old September 6th, 2005, 4:54 pm
Fifth Year

IMHO, Ron and Hermione are the most realistic, non cheesy or out of the blue couple, and I'm really looking forward to see them acting like couples do, although we had that coming more and more from the poisoning accident to the very end of the book. I believe they will be very happy together, because they are totally opposites, but they'll complete each other, not fight from now on. Of course they'll argue, but these're those Hepburn/Tracy moments we all love.

Old September 6th, 2005, 5:59 pm
First Year

A couple thoughts on this topic...

Speaking from personal and "real life" experience (not that we can bet on any such experience in the FICTIONAL world, but...), I think that R/H's long friendship leading up to their romantic relationship will be the fuel for something very much like a runaway train! Because they have already been through so much, and know each other so well, their feelings will run very deep for one another. This could strengthen them like a refining fire--giving them strength, confidence, and the ability to face 'the war' that is before them and Harry. Or, it could be something too big, too deep, and too fast...something that neither of them can hold onto, or control. Something that ultimately fizzles out, or is lost somehow.

R and H have always reminded me of Molly and Arthur, so I hope they have a similar outcome...I didn't.

Old September 6th, 2005, 9:49 pm
Third Year

As a loving couple, Ron and Hermione's bickering will become productive debate. They will debate until they find the truth of a matter. They will have two perspectives from which to discern what is the best course of action. Very handy sidekicks to have around, eh Harry?

Old September 6th, 2005, 10:49 pm
Student

Quote:
Like I said earlier that's the way I felt at the end of OOTP and while I agree with you for the most part I'm not prepared to take it for granted this time around (fool me once Jo ). That and there are still some 'ex' issues that need to be resolved in both directions now. They may well have already done just that but till Harry (and through him the reader) sees it this will remain up in the air.

Quote:
Actually they've laid off the squabbling quite a bit since Harry told them off in OOTP. While they may well indulge when he's not around they seem to know that it makes him uncomfortable and show a fair bit of restraint.

Old September 7th, 2005, 12:22 am
Registered Animagus

I think Ron and Hermione will be putting their relationship on hold. They've got more important things to tend to and they've got to keep their focus. But once Voldy is vanquished, I can see a Harry and Ginny moment after the Quidditch match kind of thing between the two of them. Maybe sooner, though, if one of them is in mortal danger. For example, Hermione is captured by the DE and Ron goes charging after her on his own.

Too many possible scenarios and only JKR knows for sure.

Old September 7th, 2005, 10:56 pm
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desraelda
I think Ron and Hermione will be putting their relationship on hold. They've got more important things to tend to and they've got to keep their focus.
That's pretty much what I said in response to DracosAngel05 earlier, I think that while they'll acknowledge their relationship sooner rather than later (well that's my hope anyway ) I doubt it'll get in the way of the serious job at hand.

Quote:
But once Voldy is vanquished, I can see a Harry and Ginny moment after the Quidditch match kind of thing between the two of them. Maybe sooner, though, if one of them is in mortal danger. For example, Hermione is captured by the DE and Ron goes charging after her on his own.
Actually that's a scenario I can see playing out in book seven, of the foursome Hermione is the most vulnerable. Despite her formidable prowess she does have a tendancy to freeze up a tad in chaotic situations somewhat like Ron on the quidditch pitch. Hopefully this won't be a major detour but you never can tell.

Quote:
Oh yea.

Old September 7th, 2005, 11:32 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desraelda
Maybe sooner, though, if one of them is in mortal danger. For example, Hermione is captured by the DE and Ron goes charging after her on his own.
Sounds good. There probably won't be anything fluffy going on when that happens but Ron's reaction to Hermione being captured or injured by the villains would be very telling and maybe at that moment, Harry will realize how strong Ron's feelings for Hermione are.

Quote:
. I can't see JKR passing up an opportunity to bring Vicky up in the middle again. What if he attends Bill and Fleur's wedding and causes Ron and Hermione to start fighting again? Maybe that's when Ron decides to tell Hermione how he feels about her.

Dance Pretty
Old September 8th, 2005, 6:49 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotionA
. I can't see JKR passing up an opportunity to bring Vicky up in the middle again. What if he attends Bill and Fleur's wedding and causes Ron and Hermione to start fighting again? Maybe that's when Ron decides to tell Hermione how he feels about her.
Oh dear, yes, I forgot about the "Krum" factor. It really hasn't been resolved yet, has it? *sigh* I can see that scenario you mentioned playing out in my mind as I type. It's bound to happen. Bleh. As long as the Ron/Hermione tension is resolved early on in the book, I'll have no qualms.

"The truth is that I am forever living in my childhood... Actually I am living permanently in my dream, from which I make brief forays into reality." - Ingmar Bergman
Old September 8th, 2005, 11:54 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen1957
I think a terrible thing will nearly happen and they will realize how much they care for each other
I agree with this. There are going to be some tragic events as they hunt down the horcruxes. This will draw them together. Plus, I think that despite what was said in the HBP, Harry and Ginny will still fancy each other and be together, which will give Ron and Hermoine more,,oportune moments.

Old September 9th, 2005, 4:24 am
First Year

I just ran accross this while looking up proverbs (it's an old Sicilian proverb):

"Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty."

-I'm sure you all know what this made me think of.
... sorry if this is a little off-topic.

Old September 9th, 2005, 4:51 am
Second Year

Where to from here . . . ? hmmmmmm
I think that by the end of HBP, like at the funeral, they sort of had an understanding. I think we'll see a bit more action (hehe) from them in the beggining of book 7. i don't mean a bunch of snogging or something . . . maybe a bit (wink). I think that they will completely aknowledge their feelings and work out their issues then make sure some how that it doesn't come between their search for the Horcruxes. Keep your fingers crossed! It's really about time something happened!!!

Old September 9th, 2005, 5:23 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonkscat724
Where to from here . . . ? hmmmmmm
I think that by the end of HBP, like at the funeral, they sort of had an understanding.
I thought this as well, but then I thought they had something going at the end of the OotP with the whole 'we' business at the end as well.

I just want them to get their act together for Harry's sake really. Can you imagine those two bickering in the background while Harry is trying to work out how to kill a soul possessed Horcrux.

Old September 9th, 2005, 2:53 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey
I just ran accross this while looking up proverbs (it's an old Sicilian proverb):

"Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty."

-I'm sure you all know what this made me think of.
... sorry if this is a little off-topic.

Great stuff.

Old September 9th, 2005, 8:04 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyashowl
I just want them to get their act together for Harry's sake really. Can you imagine those two bickering in the background while Harry is trying to work out how to kill a soul possessed Horcrux.
*sigh* yes I know what you mean. But I can't picture them not snapping at each other. It's their relationship trademark and their arguments sort of helps them camouflage their feelings for each other. Maybe they'll have a huge fight which they don't resolve and then Hermione gets into trouble with something serious and then Ron realizes that he can't live without her and he tells her how he feels after he rescues her.

Or maybe he tells her at the end that it was the worst moment of his life when he thought he had lost her for good or something and that he loves her.

Sorry, I'm in a very cheesy mood today . I'll get the buckets and mops ready for the puking fiesta.

Dance Pretty

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies