Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Hermione and Ron - Where to from here?

Old November 14th, 2005, 7:55 pm
Second Year

1000 post! woo-hoo

Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2005, 8:05 pm
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotionA
You read my mind. Harry and Ginny are so deeply tied with Ron and Hermione that at times, you just can't help bringing up their relationships in the discussions without mentioning the other. That's why OBHWF is so perfect
Absolutely! That should be the new thread - OBHWF - Where to from here?

I have noticed this on both threads - at some point they stray off into discussion of the other couple. Both relationships are tied together and it gets really hard to separate them in discussion.

Of course, the downside is that it could get confusing and become another shipping thread.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old November 14th, 2005, 8:43 pm
Second Year

Hermione and Ron are great together. They will have a high energy, intense whirlwind romance before their relationship fades away.
Harry and Ginny, on the other hand, will have a will have a quite, deep and passionate romance before theirs comes to an end. They will have gained a great deal from each other that they will be able to take into their next relationships.
JKR has been married twice, and she is making these relationships realistic enough, (bickering &ETC.), that they may reflect her experience.

Old November 14th, 2005, 8:51 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordharry
Hermione and Ron are great together. They will have a high energy, intense whirlwind romance before their relationship fades away.
Harry and Ginny, on the other hand, will have a will have a quite, deep and passionate romance before theirs comes to an end. They will have gained a great deal from each other that they will be able to take into their next relationships.
JKR has been married twice, and she is making these relationships realistic enough, (bickering &ETC.), that they may reflect her experience.
It has been said before, as I'm sure you're aware, but these relationships are the ideal for each of the characters and trying to view it otherwise isn't going to change JK's intentions. "We know now that it's Ron and Hermione" doesn't mean it's going to be Ron and Hermione until they find someone else in Potterland. It means it's going to be Ron and Hermione. If you care to imagine anything else it's fine but I do advise that you don't blame the author after book 7 is done for being misleading in anyway. Harry, Ron and Hermione have all had the "other" relationship you're talking about here. These are the final pairings in the books and even if one or more die they will not end up with anyone else for the duration of Year 7 but I'm sure it could happen in the future.

Cheers

Old November 14th, 2005, 8:54 pm
First Year

they seem to be acouple tht will be fighting often...at least at the start and then be unsperable...i dont like them much as couple. i dont think they suit each other? hermione likes to boss ppl around and always b the best.and ron doasnt like to be treated like an infirior.
i dont think tht they will last but will always be good friends

Old November 14th, 2005, 9:04 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgold
It has been said before, as I'm sure you're aware, but these relationships are the ideal for each of the characters and trying to view it otherwise isn't going to change JK's intentions. "We know now that it's Ron and Hermione" doesn't mean it's going to be Ron and Hermione until they find someone else in Potterland. It means it's going to be Ron and Hermione. If you care to imagine anything else it's fine but I do advise that you don't blame the author after book 7 is done for being misleading in anyway. Harry, Ron and Hermione have all had the "other" relationship you're talking about here. These are the final pairings in the books and even if one or more die they will not end up with anyone else for the duration of Year 7 but I'm sure it could happen in the future.

Cheers
It is good to see that we agree on most things. They have been engineered to be the ideal for each other, They will be an item, they have had other relationships and these are the final pairing for the books. It is the epilog that stands in doubt and it is those last few pages of book seven that I was talking about.
Even perfect relationship don't alway work out perfectly.

Old November 14th, 2005, 9:14 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
It is good to see that we agree on most things. They have been engineered to be the ideal for each other, They will be an item, they have had other relationships and these are the final pairing for the books. It is the epilog that stands in doubt and it is those last few pages of book seven that I was talking about.
Even perfect relationship don't alway work out perfectly.

If the pairings manage to stick together till the end (which they will), I doubt that JKR would break them off in the epilogue because it'll be like a continuation of their lives. Plus it doesn't fit properly if she just says "And Ron broke up with Hermione and is happily married to Romilda Vane" or something to that effect because after all the character developments in relation to romance, it's highly unlikely that she would introduce someone out of the blue to be life partners of the all the major characters.

Dance Pretty
Old November 14th, 2005, 9:44 pm
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
If the pairings manage to stick together till the end (which they will), I doubt that JKR would break them off in the epilogue because it'll be like a continuation of their lives. Plus it doesn't fit properly if she just says "And Ron broke up with Hermione and is happily married to Romilda Vane" or something to that effect because after all the character developments in relation to romance, it's highly unlikely that she would introduce someone out of the blue to be life partners of the all the major characters.
I agree. They have all had their "practice" relationships and have found their true loves. Romance is just a subplot in this series and JKR is pretty much finished with it. She will tie up the loose ends and tell us how it all works out but she's not going to delve into the formation of new relationships at this point. The couples are set. If anything, the twist would be more likely for them to each have another "practice" relationship and then end up together in the end. I don't think JKR is going to do that either because there is so much to do in book 7 but that is more likely than spending all this time building the couples up only to throw it all out in the epilogue and say they married other people that we may or may not have even seen in the books.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old November 14th, 2005, 11:00 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
I agree with this. Seems it would be a waste of JKR's time to bother going through as much trouble as she has to get both Ron and Hermione together in the first place just to break them off. Maybe if this was real life...well then, yeah, maybe, but this is a literary work of fiction and it's pretty much typical. Besides, the two have been acting like a married couple since they first became friends, seem like it. Might as well make it official.

Old November 14th, 2005, 11:41 pm
Second Year

Quote:
You are right. It would be much too much to break them up and then match them with other people in just a few pages. Since you can not tell everything that happens in their entire lives in just a few pages, better to say that they went on to do this or that than to get all messy and compicated by mentioning their relationships the epilog.

Old November 14th, 2005, 11:50 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81
I agree with this. Seems it would be a waste of JKR's time to bother going through as much trouble as she has to get both Ron and Hermione together in the first place just to break them off. Maybe if this was real life...well then, yeah, maybe, but this is a literary work of fiction and it's pretty much typical. Besides, the two have been acting like a married couple since they first became friends, seem like it. Might as well make it official.
Exactly. JKR had plenty of opportunities to hook them up in the previous books and at this point, it seems as if she wants to build them up even more in terms of a romantic couple. Harry and Ginny, on the other hand, have a different buildup since Harry is the hero of the story and his experience with Ginny was needed to give him a better drive and motivation to vanquish Voldemort. This is probably why JKR had him go out with her before he dedicates himself fully into the mission.

Dance Pretty
Old November 15th, 2005, 4:02 am
Third Year

I wrote a fan fic of the chapter where it might happen....at the wedding. I agree, it should happen before they set off on the quest....their relationship and its previous elements may create problems if it isn't resolved beforehand. Read the fanfic!

http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=77101

Old November 16th, 2005, 3:14 am
First Year

Ron and Hermione are deffinetly going to end up together. I know it! If the don't I will be very, very, very, very, very, very, etc. sad.

Luna Lovegood rules!!!

Old November 16th, 2005, 7:51 pm
Second Year

They may or may not...Time is a factor because i think ron'll die

Old November 16th, 2005, 8:33 pm
Second Year

JKR said that someone close to Harry will die but she didn't say how close. Ron and Ginny are the two closest people to Harry so they both may die.
How do we speculate with such vague hints from the author? One guess is as good as any other.
If Ginny and Ron do bite it things will really change.

Old November 16th, 2005, 8:42 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
JKR said that someone close to Harry will die but she didn't say how close. Ron and Ginny are the two closest people to Harry so they both may die.
How do we speculate with such vague hints from the author? One guess is as good as any other.
I thought that only applied to book 6. I don't recall hearing anything like that for book 7.

Anywho, if Ron or Ginny, or both, die, it'd be sad. I also couldn't see Harry and Hermione's hooking up afterwards, either since, to me, it would be done in poor taste and would be way too "soap opera-ish"/romance novel like.

Old November 16th, 2005, 9:03 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
You can't leave Hermione out of the equation because she's also one of the few people who are closest too Harry also. And Harry and Hermione will never get together even if they're left alone together because they were never any clues or anything of the sort which hinted towards a potential romance between them. Plus their relationship has always been platonic and they never did so much as glance at each other in a romantic way.

Then there's also the fact that the HP series is a unique depiction of the cliched hero's journey where the hero ends up being happy. Ron, Hermione and Ginny make Harry the happiest and killing one of them would make him miserable, not to mention the fact that this would mean that his mother's sacrifice would be wasted if he isn't fully happy.

Dance Pretty
Old November 16th, 2005, 9:31 pm
Second Year

Quote:
You can't leave Hermione out of the equation because she's also one of the few people who are closest too Harry also.
Sorry, didn't mean to leave Hermione out of the equation. Consider her added, and anybody else you like.
Quote:
And Harry and Hermione will never get together even if they're left alone together because they were never any clues or anything of the sort which hinted towards a potential romance between them. Plus their relationship has always been platonic and they never did so much as glance at each other in a romantic way.
Since there was no hint of romance on the platform when Harry saw Ginny the first time or any of the many early meetings, would that mean that things couldn't change and Harry later would feel something for Ginny?

Quote:
Then there's also the fact that the HP series is a unique depiction of the cliched hero's journey where the hero ends up being happy. Ron, Hermione and Ginny make Harry the happiest and killing one of them would make him miserable, not to mention the fact that this would mean that his mother's sacrifice would be wasted if he isn't fully happy.
With his mother's and father's deaths will Harry ever be able to be happy?
With Sirius's death will Harry ever be able to be happy?
With Dumbledore's death will Harry ever be able to be happy?
With Hermione's death will Harry ever be able to be happy?
With Ginny's death will Harry ever be able to be happy?
With Ron's death will Harry ever be able to be happy?

Harry has shown that he can endure the death of someone close and still have happiness. He is a survivor, not a victim.

Finally. The easiest thing to write would be for all of them to survive. But when does JKR alway to the easiest thing.

Quote:
I thought that only applied to book 6. I don't recall hearing anything like that for book 7.
I looked at the official web site and I stand corrected. She was asked the question, "will more people die in the last book," and she said, "yes".

Old November 16th, 2005, 9:33 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
I looked at the official web site and I stand corrected. She was asked the question, "will more people die in the last book," and she said, "yes".
Oh, I wasn't questioning whether or not the "death" thing wasn't true. I'm pretty sure we will have more deaths; it was the "close to Harry" thing I hadn't heard. I guess it's up in the air as to who will die next. I have this feeling that Percy or Charlie may die (out of the Weasley clan), or Lupin (for the Order group)...and I'm going a bit OT, so I'll stop here. ^^

Old November 16th, 2005, 9:36 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't questioning whether or not the "death" thing wasn't true. I'm pretty sure we will have more deaths; it was the "close to Harry" thing I hadn't heard. I guess it's up in the air as to who will die next. I have this feeling that Percy or Charlie may die (out of the Weasley clan), or Lupin (for the Order group)...and I'm going a bit OT, so I'll stop here. ^^
"I stand corrected'" in my previous post means the same things as, "I was very, very wrong and you were completely right."

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies