Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

What are your movie pet peeves?

Old October 21st, 2005, 6:46 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by magickath
i couldnt imagine a different harry hermione or ron. ron is particularly fantastic. i thought the films 1 and 2 were good. but 3 was excellent. however criticisms i have of film 3 are...
1. no explanation of the maurauders. who and WHY!!
2. the ending was awful. WHHooooosh!
3. HE WAS THEIR FRIEND AND HE BETRAYED THEM!! haha cringe!
yes I AGREE TOO..ALSO ADING TH EFIG HEADS/SHRUNKEN HEAD??? WHY?
aND THE CASTING WAS NOT what I expected (although lupin was good) I pictured him diffrently and sirus (more handsom) and the ending was so STAGE ACTOR...not real life emotion...

but the effects were good...

Maybe one day fans will remake the movies..or peter jackson...?

"you've got to admit, he's got style"
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

"The Chicken is involved, the Pig is committed!"
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2005, 7:02 pm
First Year

See GOF Costume Design Woes. Shudder.

Ok:

Shouting Dumbledore--someone get the guy a prozac
Out of control Arachniphobia scene in COS
Pansy Parkinson being so adorable--you just want to eat her with a spoon
And, sorry, really, but the scriptwriters putting in all of the Harry/Hermione shipping details that just add too much tension in the wrong spots.

Old October 21st, 2005, 7:02 pm
Fourth Year

It really annoys me how they take out good parts from the books and add their own cheesy meant-to-be-funny bits.
And the lack of mention of MWPP in PoA. And Dan's crying. When I went to see the film and he started 'crying' everyone started laughing and I was so embarassed for him.

"Everything in this room is eatible, even I'm eatible. But that, dear children, is called cannibalism and is frowned upon in most societies."
Old October 21st, 2005, 7:04 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriseid
Maybe one day fans will remake the movies..or peter jackson...?
Hey, I'm holding out for a fully-adapted-to-stage version.

With real dragons.

And instead of a stage, it's in a castle.

And it's forever.

Old October 21st, 2005, 8:09 pm
Fourth Year

Ron's wimpiness. Those stupid scared faces and whimpers he makes. I like Rupert Grint's Ron except for that nonsense.

Old October 21st, 2005, 8:30 pm
First Year

1. The shrunken head. What purpose does it serve?!
2. No Marauder's Map backstory. what were they thinking? That's crucial to the plot!
3. What is the deal with the moving around and adding of the Hogwart's grounds and the castle?

Those are what irritated me the most in POA. I'll probably think of more later.

Thank you to accioluminos for the cool sig pic!

Dumbledore's girl through and through!
*~*~I trust Severus Snape*~*~*

Favorite Contemporary Christian song bit of the week:

This is not a dream that I'm living / This is just a world of Your own / You took me from all that I knew / Shown me how it feels to hope /
With You with me, facing tomorrow together / I can learn to fly / Feels like I'm living in the lion's mouth, but the lion is (an angel) /
Lion, Rebecca St. James
Old October 21st, 2005, 8:54 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryPhoenix
Those are what irritated me the most in POA. I'll probably think of more later.
New objections to the movies are always coming to me the more I'm on this site.

And whoever asked me why I watch the movies if I don't like them so much--I need to actually know what I'm talking about when they come up in conversation and I make a comment about them. Therefore, I have to actually watch them.

The question is not whether we are, but what we are and who we are. --from Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder

What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you dreamed? And what if, in your dream, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then? --from Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder

This is what I brought you this you can keep. This is what I brought you may forget me. I promise to depart just promise one thing. Kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep. --Prelude 12/21 by AFI

MySpace is love!
Old October 22nd, 2005, 1:44 am
Fifth Year

I like it when they add new things to the movies. I've already read the books, I know what happens in them. I like seeing new things in the movies.

Old October 22nd, 2005, 2:16 am
Fifth Year

* Daniel's acting. He's not terrible, but he lacks that extra "something". He doesn't seem to take any real acting risks. More like he just takes direction, looks this way, walk this way, say this loudly, look at this window and smile, etc. In PoA it seemed he was trying to go a little further with the character, and I hope he continues to do so. I really like him and I hope he sticks around for all the movies.

Thanks to random_musing for the inspiration ^_^

"Ron seemed to come to himself slightly as they walked back across the Great Hall. He touched the spot on his face where Hermione had kissed him, looking puzzled, as though he was not quite sure what had just happened. He seemed too distracted to notice much around him..." - Order of the Pheonix
Old October 22nd, 2005, 2:55 am
Second Year

i think it would be better if:
a) the actors could act
b) dumbledore could look -yes just LOOK- a bit of the wise old wizard i ahd pictured
c)if he could chuck the hat
and d) if the makers would actually READ the the books. i would gladly lend them my books!!

Old October 22nd, 2005, 3:01 am
Sixth Year

My pet peeves are mostly nitpicky things. Things that aren't necessary for the movie to be good, just my own little annoyances. I'll list a few.

Characters - I don't like it when there are missing characters. This can't be helped due to time and plot trimming, but still. It's unfortunate we've been missing Peeves, or that Bagman won't be showing up. I guess that's what the books are for, right?

Extra Stuff - It peeves me when there are extra scenes/lines put into the movie, yet other parts of the book are cut out or cut short. I understand some things we'd like to see aren't relevent enough to make it into the movie, but.. It still manages to get on my nerves.

Out of Character - When the characters do things that don't match (my opinion of) the way they should act based on the books. I can't think of specifics, but.. you know what I mean, right?

"CoS is in fact the seventh Horcrux. You've all been tricked by JK.
Harry has to kill this forum in order to be able to finally kill Voldemort.
He should be doing this in about 2 years time."

- Morgoth
Old October 22nd, 2005, 3:27 am
Snidget of Champions

The thing that irritates me most is that, in the movies, they change a color of something when the book specifically says what color they are wearing. For example, in GoF the book Harry's dress robes are green. However, in the movie they are black. Woa! Green must have been such a hassle to have made since they had to use black for some unfathomable reason.

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Old October 22nd, 2005, 3:29 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSleepyHead
The thing that irritates me most is that, in the movies, they change a color of something when the book specifically says what color they are wearing. For example, in GoF the book Harry's dress robes are green. However, in the movie they are black. Woa! Green must have been such a hassle to have made since they had to use black for some unfathomable reason.
Maybe it's the same case with Hermione's robes, where they were originally blue but are now pink. Green might not have been the best color for the icy blue background? I do agree though, it's annoying when seemingly simple things have to change. It's a pain for us readers who know and recognize the difference!

"CoS is in fact the seventh Horcrux. You've all been tricked by JK.
Harry has to kill this forum in order to be able to finally kill Voldemort.
He should be doing this in about 2 years time."

- Morgoth
Old October 22nd, 2005, 3:43 am
Sixth Year

A few right off the bat:

1. the gradual pretty-ing of Emma Watson as Hermione. Imo, she stopped looking like Hermione after the 1st movie. What was so wrong with keeping the da*n frizzy hair?

2. Like some have already mentioned: the lack of background info in movie 3. It's almost as if the filmakers were condescening by assuming everyone had read the book and therefore wouldn't need any crucial backstory to fill them in on what was going on and why.
4. Movie Snape's age and behavior. Now, don't get me wrong, Alan Rickman is a wonderful actor but I just don't think he cuts it as Snape. The man is just too old and he's not nearly as mean and intimidating as book Snape. The latter part isn't his fault though. The movie folks sugar-coated Snape too much in the movie.
5. Pointless and Unnecessary plot or scene changes. For example, the color of movie Hermione's robes in the Yule ball. What was so wrong about getting them in periwinkle blue as it specifically stated in the books? And the shifting of Hagrid's hut. I have loads others but none come to mind right now.
6. And biggest pet peeve of all: The cutting of so many scenes and characters. This is the reason why sometimes the entire movies are one big pet peeve to me and why I partially regret them ever being made. bleh! I just can't handle book-to-movie adaptations. Any little change sends me over the edge. That's me and my neurotic self for ya.

"The truth is that I am forever living in my childhood... Actually I am living permanently in my dream, from which I make brief forays into reality." - Ingmar Bergman
Old October 22nd, 2005, 3:47 am
Banned

My worst pet peeves is getting punched in the face during the movie. I mean seriously now . I'm here enjoying the movie, popping in some popcorn and sipping from my drink when *BAM* I get PUNCHED RIGHT IN THE FACE. There's no reason for that, but it happens. And it's *really* peeving me off. I mean seriously what if I had something dangerous on my face? You just killed me or caused some serious damage. And yet it happens. I don't know *why* it just does. And it hurts...it really hurts.

*cries and runs off to room*

Old October 22nd, 2005, 4:38 am
Sixth Year

I have issues with CoS being a bit too-over literal in parts, but besides that I'm generally happy with the films.

Quote:
3. The fat lady singing (PoA) WHY?
Perhaps for us to remember her? The whole scene of her leaving the portrait would have meant squat if people couldn't remember her from the first movie.

Quote:
What was so wrong with keeping the da*n frizzy hair?
She never had frizzy hair. In the first movie, it just looked like she was too lazy to brush it.

I'm gonna love you like I'm indestructible

Your love is ultra magnetic and
it's taking over
This is hardcore
And I'm indestructible
Old October 22nd, 2005, 5:46 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteal
I don't have any. Why? Because to me, the movies and the books are seperate entities. They are similiar in many ways, but there must be a line drwn between them. I love each for what they are, until I start comparing them.

Although I gotta admit, the lack of Ginny, and there being no Charlie and Bill kind of bugs me.
How can no Bill and Charlie bug you? Harry hasn't met them yet. As for Dan's acting, I think he's doing great, though he is really cute so that's kind of distracting.

Ayame--There are but three people in the entire world who can complete such fine embroidery in such a short time! Of course, number one is yours truly, who always thinks of his brother!!"--A conversation between Yuki and his older brother Ayame in Fruits basket #8!
Old October 22nd, 2005, 5:57 am
Second Year

[quote=aushpluva]
I really agree with aushpluva on this one. The movies are so corny. You'd think the director would try to cater to an older audience as well. It's like the movies were made for toddlers.

Old October 22nd, 2005, 6:09 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorridgeBoy
My worst pet peeves is getting punched in the face during the movie. I mean seriously now . I'm here enjoying the movie, popping in some popcorn and sipping from my drink when *BAM* I get PUNCHED RIGHT IN THE FACE. There's no reason for that, but it happens. And it's *really* peeving me off. I mean seriously what if I had something dangerous on my face? You just killed me or caused some serious damage. And yet it happens. I don't know *why* it just does. And it hurts...it really hurts.

*cries and runs off to room*

Old October 22nd, 2005, 6:17 am
Fourth Year

The movies will never be exactly like the books, as they do not have enough time... As such, I do wish they would include the more important scenes, however, I am not the director, for some reason, and until Peter Jackson agrees to do these films, I see no deviation from the current trend with the movies... They are movies, go enjoy them...

Aboard the HMS Lockeddoor and the HMS Germany ... Figure those out, I'll give you $1,000...

My headmaster has a first name, it's A-L-B-U-S, my headmaster has a middle name, it's P-E-R-C-I-V-A-L, my headmaster has a second middle name, it's W-U-L-F-R-I-C, my headmaster has a third middle name, it's B-R-I- oh forget it, jeez get a shorter name headmaster....
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies