Login  
 
 
Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Harry and Ginny - Where to from here?



 
 
Thread Tools
  #201  
Old October 29th, 2005, 12:26 pm
FlyingPhoenix's Avatar
FlyingPhoenix  Female.gif FlyingPhoenix is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 5537 days
Location: HMS Harmony - Cloud No.9
Age: 36
Posts: 3,201
After OotP, JKR gave several interviews as far as I remember she didn't spoil HBP at all. Now after HBP you all suggest she told us flat out R/Hr and H/G are set, will get together again etc. I don't trust this spoilers/interviews at least not as much as you do.

Shipping appears to be more important to the plot as most realise. JKR planned to let H/G happen but let them part again for a very valid reason. Not just as an author style, as the usual drama portion in canon etc. but to make it possible that Harry vs Voldemort (the Final battle) is in the next book.

If we're realistic I doubt even if Harry managed to get all Horcruxes destroied, he won't just seek Voldemort out and fight him. He tries to be prepared, to be trained and ready as far as possible.

There needs to exist a valid reason to let Harry as 18 year old face Voldemort. Either Voldemort seeks him or Harry is forced to face him earlier. At this point there comes Ginny into play, that's probably the very reason why H/G was planned. Not to make Harry happy and everything but to use his desire, i.e. Ginny, in Book7 to lead to the Show down.

For this H/G don't need to get together again. If so then we'll get a happy end, if not then I daresay its an open end


__________________
"And when love speaks, the voice of all gods makes heaven drowsy with the Harmony" -William Shakespeare

"Perhaps that's why we have had conflicts. It is hard for two people both accustomed to the same position to sort things out." Otherland Volume Three

Sponsored Links
  #202  
Old October 29th, 2005, 1:41 pm
meesha1971's Avatar
meesha1971  Female.gif meesha1971 is offline
Master of the Magical Arts
 
Joined: 4793 days
Location: The Unknowable Room
Age: 47
Posts: 12,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity
Well, my argument is that we still don't know how Book 7 will end. JKR said that "We all know it is Ron and Hermione now" (possible misarrangement of words, sorry about that). The keyword that I would like to focus on is "NOW". We still don't know about Book 7. The last time I checked, Harry and Ginny have broken up. The last time I checked, we have not seen a single action of Ron and Hermione as a couple. They didn't kiss or cuddle.

Until Book 7 is out, I still stand by my opinion that all four ships are open. Couples get together and break up all the time don't they? I'm not saying that H/Hr IS canon. What I'm saying is that they MAY BECOME canon in Book 7.

I hope I'm not becoming a catalyst for the deletion of this thread though, so before I become OT, I'll add my two cents worth that I think all four ships are still open, though I hope that H/Hr will take place.

Edit for the purpose of writing more:
So I think we are slowly reaching a certain point of agreement over here. I'll try to list them out, and if anyone disagrees, feel free to dispute them.

1. There were clues for H/G.
2. There were clues for R/Hr.
3. There were clues for H/Hr.
4. There were clues for RW/LL.
5. Before HBP came out, all four ships could have sailed in Book 6.

The following are our points of disagreements.

1. Until Book 7 comes out, all four ships can still sail in the book.
2. The interview is open for interpretation and can be read in many ways.
3. We Harmonians are misinterpreting if we think that H/Hr can still become canon in Book 7.

I just wanted to clarify these before I add in my thoughts.
FACT: JKR said that she is done with the romance. "That's it. It's done."
FACT: JKR said that anyone still shipping Harry/Hermione after HBP needs to re-read - not that they were the "D" word but they need to re-read.
FACT: JKR was surprised that anyone shipped Harry/Hermione in the first place.
FACT: JKR said that Ginny is Harry's "ideal girl."
FACT: Ginny and Hermione are nothing alike.
FACT: Hermione will never be Harry's "ideal girl" because she is nothing like Ginny.

CONCLUSION: Harry and Hermione will never become a romantic couple. They are not romantically compatible. If they all survive, Harry will get back together with Ginny because she is his "ideal girl". The only thing that will prevent that is if one or both of them dies and I don't think JKR is going to kill either of them off.

Quote:
Off topic: Meesha, I did watch that show, it's really cool. I still can't fathom how the stunt double could actually excecute the Triple Menon; it was just WOW!
Hilarious movie. I'm sure it was some sort of camera trick for that dive though.


__________________

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling


All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

  #203  
Old October 29th, 2005, 3:19 pm
Corbin Dallas's Avatar
Corbin Dallas  Male.gif Corbin Dallas is offline
Seventh Year
 
Joined: 4965 days
Location: New York, 23rd century
Posts: 1,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhoenix
After OotP, JKR gave several interviews as far as I remember she didn't spoil HBP at all. Now after HBP you all suggest she told us flat out R/Hr and H/G are set, will get together again etc. I don't trust this spoilers/interviews at least not as much as you do.
Let's see, she said Harry would get another kiss or two but wouldn't say who it was, turned out to be Ginny in HBP and from the way she said it, in the chat, it would be only one person giving himsaid kiss or two ...
Jo also said we would see Aragog again, that we would get all the backstory we would need on Riddle and Harry's parents...
I mean Jo gives us pretty blatant hints at what is too come without saying anything speciffic, so when she says it's Ron and Hermione, it's going to be Ron and Hermione and I have serious doubts about anyone who can read Harry and Ginny's parting scene and not think they will ultimately get back together again...

Quote:
Shipping appears to be more important to the plot as most realise. JKR planned to let H/G happen but let them part again for a very valid reason. Not just as an author style, as the usual drama portion in canon etc. but to make it possible that Harry vs Voldemort (the Final battle) is in the next book.
Again, Jo said she wanted the trio to grow and mature as real teens would, nothing too gritty, but still realistically, how many 16 year olds do you know that aren't very interested in attaining a relationship? Harry gave us the reason, it's his noble way of protecting her, I agree though it won't work though, it rarely does, I mean James and Lily went into hiding and we saw how that worked out...

Quote:
If we're realistic I doubt even if Harry managed to get all Horcruxes destroied, he won't just seek Voldemort out and fight him. He tries to be prepared, to be trained and ready as far as possible.
Right, that's book 7, his quest to destroy the Horcruxes and then Voldemort, the major plot to book 7 anyhows

Quote:
There needs to exist a valid reason to let Harry as 18 year old face Voldemort. Either Voldemort seeks him or Harry is forced to face him earlier. At this point there comes Ginny into play, that's probably the very reason why H/G was planned. Not to make Harry happy and everything but to use his desire, i.e. Ginny, in Book7 to lead to the Show down.

For this H/G don't need to get together again. If so then we'll get a happy end, if not then I daresay its an open end
Well Dumbledore pretty much addressed why Harry will face Voldemort, because Voldemort puts his faith in the Prophecy, Riddle will always seek out a confrontation with Harry. Harry would seek a confrontation with Riddle because Riddle murdered his parents, the prophecy has nothing to do with Harry's motives. If there was no prophecy and Riddle still murdered Lily and James, Harry would seek Riddle out period, yet Riddle only sought to kill Harry because he put his belief in the Prophecy and set up his own downfall, irony, got to love that choice is Riddle's ultimate mistake
Ginny has already been used as a hostage and it could be that it may happen again, but if she isn't used as a hostage, Harry will still seek Riddle out because Riddle will always seek Harry until either of them are dead.
Hope that helps

Cheers


  #204  
Old October 29th, 2005, 7:30 pm
HP4evr1807's Avatar
HP4evr1807  Female.gif HP4evr1807 is offline
Hogwarts Graduate
 
Joined: 4674 days
Location: In Harry's Army
Age: 29
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin Dallas
Just remember, that despite the realism that is behind some of the characters, this story is still a Fantasy Story, not a real world drama... my meaning being that basically, most real world stuff will be alluded too but not upheld in the series, afterall how many werewolves do you know in the Real World?

Like CBW has pointed out, and Jo in the TLC/MN interview, the shipping aspect of the story is no longer a deep seeded mystery, the hints for Ron and Hermione were anvil sized and Harry's speach at the end of HBP should more than make it plain that he has totally fallen for and cares for Ginny beyond all things save Ron and Hermione.

Cheers
Werewolves...what do you mean no werewolves in the real world?? But seriously, yes fantasy series it is, due to the context of the plot, witches, wizards, goblins, dragons, dark lords etc... But still there ARE aspects of the real world in dealing with these charcters, as it is pointed out in reading the series, these kids have real teen emotions that I myself can realte to, and I daresay much of the teenage and or adult population has felt or once felt. So im not going to be one of those people that say "everything JKR says is a lie..." cuz thats so not true, and thats not even called for. But im just saying even though it is a fantasy and a work of Fiction, the author does have final say of course, but that doesnt mean that the charcters have to have just one person that they love, but its whatever JKR wants right? And whatever she thinks is best for the series, is.


__________________

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference
.

-Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken
  #205  
Old October 29th, 2005, 7:47 pm
BlueBloodNC  Male.gif BlueBloodNC is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4593 days
Age: 31
Posts: 45
Yah we all have to remember that it is her story and she can do what she wants with it but IMO H/G will be together whether it be in the begenning end or in the middle of the next book ................ but who knows

I also think that Ginny will play a major role in the next book. She won't be with the trio but she will be somewhere were she can help the cause IMO


__________________
shipping:
ron/hermione
harry/ginny
  #206  
Old October 29th, 2005, 8:33 pm
SSJ_Jup81's Avatar
SSJ_Jup81  Female.gif SSJ_Jup81 is offline
Secret Chocolate Keeper
 
Joined: 4877 days
Location: 東京
Age: 36
Posts: 6,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity
Well, my argument is that we still don't know how Book 7 will end. JKR said that "We all know it is Ron and Hermione now" (possible misarrangement of words, sorry about that). The keyword that I would like to focus on is "NOW".
The impression I got was that it is now finally out in the open. For all wondering, it will be/is Ron x Hermione. Now the debate can desist on it. That's what I thought she meant anyway.
Quote:
We still don't know about Book 7. The last time I checked, Harry and Ginny have broken up.
And did you not notice the reason they broke up? They didn't break up because they disliked each other or anything like that; Harry broke up with her as a way to protect her. Very typical of a fantasy-based novel. Unless Harry dies, or Ginny dies, I couldn't see those two not getting back together.
Quote:
The last time I checked, we have not seen a single action of Ron and Hermione as a couple. They didn't kiss or cuddle.
Maybe that's for book 7.
Quote:
Until Book 7 is out, I still stand by my opinion that all four ships are open. Couples get together and break up all the time don't they? I'm not saying that H/Hr IS canon. What I'm saying is that they MAY BECOME canon in Book 7.
And I, personally, highly doubt it. If this was the case, I doubt JKR would've wasted her time writing all that extra romance for HBP if it wasn't to finally get ships out of the way.
Quote:
1. There were clues for H/G.
I won't touch this one. lol
Quote:
2. There were clues for R/Hr.
Yep, I agree with this one. There seemed to be a lot of them, due to how they acted around one another.
Quote:
3. There were clues for H/Hr.
I disagree with this, since, to me, their interactions were "platonic" like and I felt this way before I even knew of that quote. Hermione has never been awkward around Harry.

Speaking of that "platonic" quote, some argued that it was only referring to the book in question at the time, GoF. So, this would also include books 1-3. For OotP, the interactions and the dynamic between the two seemed pretty much the same.

With Ron and Hermione, later on, seems that JKR specifically linked them to romance it seemed, like their argument in GoF, or Ron's reaction to Hermione's kiss, etc.
Quote:
4. There were clues for RW/LL.
Yeah, from Lavendar's side.
Quote:
2. The interview is open for interpretation and can be read in many ways.
Explain to me how this is exactly. Why can't we just take the author's word for it. If she says it's Ron and Hermione, it's Ron and Hermione. Though I'm not a Chocolate shipper, if she says Ginny is Harry's ideal girl, then that's her way of saying she's the one for Harry.
Quote:
3. We Harmonians are misinterpreting if we think that H/Hr can still become canon in Book 7.
Yes, you are misinterpreting something since she is hinting at a Ron x Hermione relationship. The way the two seem to tiptoe around one another on the whole romance issue shows that, imo. Harry and Hermione are much too comfortable on the subject for something to even be there, imo.


  #207  
Old October 29th, 2005, 8:44 pm
PotionA's Avatar
PotionA  Female.gif PotionA is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 4734 days
Location: On Binky's lap
Age: 33
Posts: 3,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity
Well, my argument is that we still don't know how Book 7 will end. JKR said that "We all know it is Ron and Hermione now" (possible misarrangement of words, sorry about that). The keyword that I would like to focus on is "NOW". We still don't know about Book 7. The last time I checked, Harry and Ginny have broken up. The last time I checked, we have not seen a single action of Ron and Hermione as a couple. They didn't kiss or cuddle.
When she said "now" she meant for books 6 and 7. Reading too much in between JKR's own words was a common case in the old Love Threads when JKR had said before that Harry and Hermione are platonic friends but some people were saying that that interview took place years ago and she'll change her mind etc etc. Not once has she changed her mind or did anything of the sort in the past and the same can be said for this interview also. When she said Ginny is Harry's ideal girl, she meant it, when she said that's it done and that we now know that it's Ron and Hermione, she meant it. She made it crystal clear about the pairings. One thing that we have to come to terms with is that book 7 will mainly focus on Harry's mission, leaving very little room for romance and that's why book 6 was loaded with it so that she can settle with the couples.

Quote:
Until Book 7 is out, I still stand by my opinion that all four ships are open. Couples get together and break up all the time don't they? I'm not saying that H/Hr IS canon. What I'm saying is that they MAY BECOME canon in Book 7.
How can H/Hr ever be canon? She's said before that they're platonic friends and then she said that those who still think that H/Hr is going to happen should go and re read.

Quote:
The following are our points of disagreements.

1. Until Book 7 comes out, all four ships can still sail in the book.
2. The interview is open for interpretation and can be read in many ways.
3. We Harmonians are misinterpreting if we think that H/Hr can still become canon in Book 7.
Like I said, this has happened before when JKR would make everything very clear in one simple line but people would constantly contradict it with their own versions of it. She meant it when she said that Ginny is Harry's ideal girl, which means that Harry, if he survives the war (which I'm positive he will) will go back to Ginny because he broke up with not because he stopped loving her but he thought he was protecting her

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhoenix
After OotP, JKR gave several interviews as far as I remember she didn't spoil HBP at all. Now after HBP you all suggest she told us flat out R/Hr and H/G are set, will get together again etc. I don't trust this spoilers/interviews at least not as much as you do.
How about when JKR said that Harry and Hermione are platonic friends? Then when she said that Harry ponders over what would've happened if Neville had been the Chosen One in HBP? She's given out information which she thinks are safe to reveal but not things which may ruin the book for the readers altogether, for instance, she didn't say whether Harry and Ginny will get back together because that would mean that Harry survives and would be a ginormous spoiler.

Love your avatar btw


__________________



Dance Pretty
  #208  
Old October 29th, 2005, 8:46 pm
OwlPatronus's Avatar
OwlPatronus  Male.gif OwlPatronus is offline
Sixth Year
 
Joined: 4625 days
Location: The second moon of Jupiter.
Age: 30
Posts: 1,375
Good grief, the shipping wars are still going on? Well, I suppose someone needs to say it and that if you turn out to be right you will have "told you so" rights for five centuries. But you're wrong, the author has said so in terms that couldn't be any more certain in my opinion. The breakdown of the interview seems to me to be identicle to the breakdown of the prophesy, in that some people go for the flimsiest vagaries of the english language to support what they thought already, ignoring all sense of common usage of words, or context. Anyway, my rant aside, what about Harry and Ginny?


__________________


Harry loses it again.
  #209  
Old October 29th, 2005, 9:45 pm
meesha1971's Avatar
meesha1971  Female.gif meesha1971 is offline
Master of the Magical Arts
 
Joined: 4793 days
Location: The Unknowable Room
Age: 47
Posts: 12,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlPatronus
Good grief, the shipping wars are still going on? Well, I suppose someone needs to say it and that if you turn out to be right you will have "told you so" rights for five centuries. But you're wrong, the author has said so in terms that couldn't be any more certain in my opinion. The breakdown of the interview seems to me to be identicle to the breakdown of the prophesy, in that some people go for the flimsiest vagaries of the english language to support what they thought already, ignoring all sense of common usage of words, or context.


Quote:
Anyway, my rant aside, what about Harry and Ginny?
Harry will realize that he made a mistake in breaking up with her - that it won't protect her - and they will get back together in the middle of the book. Ginny will play a pivotal role in helping Harry succeed in defeating Voldemort.

The trio will finish school and get their NEWTs. Ron and Hermione will get married. Ginny will finish school and get her NEWTs. Harry and Ginny will get married. Charlie and the twins will meet nice girls and settle down and get married. In about 11 years or so, Hogwarts will be invaded with another brood of little Weasleys and Potters.


__________________

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling


All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

  #210  
Old October 29th, 2005, 11:01 pm
BlueBloodNC  Male.gif BlueBloodNC is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4593 days
Age: 31
Posts: 45
I am brand new to shipping considering I just got finished reading all the books but I like discussions about this stuff.

Yah harry will realize it didn't do anything when he broke up with her just more heart ache. So like many before me I say that they will get together in the middle of the book. And they will be eccentiall in helping each other in the end.


__________________
shipping:
ron/hermione
harry/ginny
  #211  
Old October 29th, 2005, 11:52 pm
FlyingPhoenix's Avatar
FlyingPhoenix  Female.gif FlyingPhoenix is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 5537 days
Location: HMS Harmony - Cloud No.9
Age: 36
Posts: 3,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin Dallas
Let's see, she said Harry would get another kiss or two but wouldn't say who it was, turned out to be Ginny in HBP and from the way she said it, in the chat, it would be only one person giving himsaid kiss or two ...
She said this but she never said who it would be. Some take it she meant only Ginny others take it she meant two girls.

Quote:
I mean Jo gives us pretty blatant hints at what is too come without saying anything speciffic
They are only blatant after you read the newest book, after you got one step closer to the whole story.

Quote:
I have serious doubts about anyone who can read Harry and Ginny's parting scene and not think they will ultimately get back together again...
You know how much I care about that, don't you? Not a bit. I don't take blindly her word, I rather read it canon before I go arround and pretend there is no doubt about this one. Aside this thats actually would be a speciffic spoiler.

Quote:
Again, Jo said she wanted the trio to grow and mature as real teens would, nothing too gritty, but still realistically, how many 16 year olds do you know that aren't very interested in attaining a relationship?
This romance was gritty and not even close realistic. How many 16 year olds do you know that got an villian after them, facing a war ?

Quote:
Well Dumbledore pretty much addressed why Harry will face Voldemort, because Voldemort puts his faith in the Prophecy, Riddle will always seek out a confrontation with Harry.
Like in book6, right?

Quote:
Harry would seek a confrontation with Riddle because Riddle murdered his parents, the prophecy has nothing to do with Harry's motives. If there was no prophecy and Riddle still murdered Lily and James, Harry would seek Riddle out period, yet Riddle only sought to kill Harry because he put his belief in the Prophecy and set up his own downfall, irony, got to love that choice is Riddle's ultimate mistake
Yeah, even though Voldemort is one heck of a powerful Wizard, Harry knows it and still face him unprepared with the knowledge he is far less powerful, etc. I see it now, you're right, I forgot Harry had luck once, why not again, huh?

Quote:
Ginny has already been used as a hostage and it could be that it may happen again, but if she isn't used as a hostage, Harry will still seek Riddle out because Riddle will always seek Harry until either of them are dead.
Voldemort would be a hopeless fool if he won't use her as a hostage. He want Harry? It was pointed out that H/G was pretty well known at Hogwarts, big chances that Death Eaters get it too, you know evil children at Hogwarts ans such.

Harry will seek Voldy's dead but not unprepared, he will try to master magic to get certainly of him however Voldy's goal it must be to get Harry as unprepared as possible. Esp. because he believes in this prophecy.

In Book7 we will probably see the comeback of severasl subjects and objects if not similar scenes from each past book.


__________________
"And when love speaks, the voice of all gods makes heaven drowsy with the Harmony" -William Shakespeare

"Perhaps that's why we have had conflicts. It is hard for two people both accustomed to the same position to sort things out." Otherland Volume Three

  #212  
Old October 29th, 2005, 11:57 pm
sminky  Undisclosed.gif sminky is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4595 days
Location: no where near reality
Age: 25
Posts: 75
i hope that somehow harry and ginny end up together. a dubble wedding is just corny. i however have a horrible premonition that ginny will die. its just a hunch but i think it is a horrible twist of fate that JK would throw at us. if not her then it will be percy. or maybe its just my pessimist showing


__________________
When Dumbledor died
I cried
with painfull tears of sorrow


When the next one comes out
I will pout
for there will be no tommorow


poety lives in my soul its my lifeline forever and ever
  #213  
Old October 30th, 2005, 12:00 am
BlueBloodNC  Male.gif BlueBloodNC is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4593 days
Age: 31
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminky
i hope that somehow harry and ginny end up together. a dubble wedding is just corny. i however have a horrible premonition that ginny will die. its just a hunch but i think it is a horrible twist of fate that JK would throw at us. if not her then it will be percy. or maybe its just my pessimist showing

A double wedding wouold be corny. And I really hope that your premonition that ginny will die is wrong. I really hope that it is wrong. Now if it's percy hey I think I can live with that.


__________________
shipping:
ron/hermione
harry/ginny
  #214  
Old October 30th, 2005, 12:26 am
Hinoema  Female.gif Hinoema is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 4824 days
Location: Er... in front of a computer?
Posts: 3,755
Quote:
She said this but she never said who it would be. Some take it she meant only Ginny others take it she meant two girls.
This is not a shipping thread. This is a thread about Harry and Ginny's future in regards to each other, period. Please don't drag the ship wars back in here. We are tired of it and want to discuss what will happen in the future between Harry and Ginny, now that Jo has consigned Hermione to Weasleyhood, and Ginny is Harry's ideal girl. This is not the place for he-hashing all that old noise.

Thnkuvrymhc.


  #215  
Old October 30th, 2005, 1:16 am
PotionA's Avatar
PotionA  Female.gif PotionA is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 4734 days
Location: On Binky's lap
Age: 33
Posts: 3,148
Thank you Hinoema. We really don't want this thread to get shut down due to shipping wars of all things especially after JKR herself had made the couples very clear in the interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminky
i hope that somehow harry and ginny end up together. a dubble wedding is just corny. i however have a horrible premonition that ginny will die. its just a hunch but i think it is a horrible twist of fate that JK would throw at us. if not her then it will be percy. or maybe its just my pessimist showing
I'm actually hoping that they have a double wedding If not, I hope they at least get engaged or something in the epilogue which I think will take us a little ahead into the future when the Trio and Ginny are in their twenties. Maybe JKR won't describe the weddings at all and jump directly towards a family full of red bushy haired and red hair and green eyed kids

And I seriously doubt that Ginny will die. She is one of Harry's major sources of happiness and after the the numerous obstacles that he had to face in his life, he will finally settle down in peace with the people he loves the most. He deserves it and it will give everyone (including the readers) some form of peace knowing that the hero is happy. JKR had put Harry through a lot of misery so that he gets what he has been wanting his entire life. His mother sacrificed her life so that she can give her son a happy and healthy life and Harry losing Ginny would make him miserable, especially after he had lost all of his protectors, and his mother's death would be in vain.


__________________



Dance Pretty

Last edited by PotionA; October 30th, 2005 at 1:18 am.
  #216  
Old October 30th, 2005, 1:43 am
meesha1971's Avatar
meesha1971  Female.gif meesha1971 is offline
Master of the Magical Arts
 
Joined: 4793 days
Location: The Unknowable Room
Age: 47
Posts: 12,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinoema
This is not a shipping thread. This is a thread about Harry and Ginny's future in regards to each other, period. Please don't drag the ship wars back in here. We are tired of it and want to discuss what will happen in the future between Harry and Ginny, now that Jo has consigned Hermione to Weasleyhood, and Ginny is Harry's ideal girl. This is not the place for he-hashing all that old noise.

Thnkuvrymhc.
Thank you Hinoema. That was well said. JKR has made it very clear where she is headed with the romances in the books. We know that it's definitely going to be Ron/Hermione and that the only thing that will prevent Harry/Ginny is death.

I don't see JKR killing off any of the trio or Ginny so the couples are set. The only thing that is debatable at this point is when/how they will get together. I think that Harry and Ginny will talk at the wedding but nothing will be resolved at that point. Harry will have the flaws in his logic pointed out - the fact that breaking up with Ginny is not going to protect her - reasons why she would still be in danger, etc... He will think about that over the summer while they are looking for the Horcruxes.

Now, I still believe that they will return to Hogwarts for their seventh year. I think Dumbledore will leave things to Harry that will help him in the search and I think it is very possible for him to find the locket and Hufflepuff's cup in the three months they have before term starts at Hogwarts. The locket - someone will make the connection from R.A.B. to Regulus Black and one of them will remember the "heavy locket that none of them could open" at Grimmauld Place. Then they just have to locate the locket and verify it was destroyed or destroy it themselves. That's my opinion on who R.A.B. is and where the locket is anyway. Dumbledore could leave him notes or a journal detailing his own search so that they don't retrace Dumbledore's steps and so that they can follow up on leads that Dumbledore didn't get a chance to. It has also been suggested that Dumbledore could leave him the Pensieve and some memories to help him along. I think it is feasible for them to find Hufflepuff's cup before September 1st.

I think they will discover in the search that one of the Horcruxes is hidden at Hogwarts and, after destroying the first two, will decide to return to school to search for that one because they can't go after Nagini until all of the other Horcruxes are destroyed. That is where Harry and Ginny will get back together. Harry will have had time to think about what he is doing - what others have pointed out about the flaws in it - and realize that they are right. This is the time that they should be embracing life - not pushing it away. By staying away from Ginny, the only thing he is accomplishing is making them both miserable - he is letting Voldemort dictate how he lives his life - letting Voldemort control the decisions he makes. He will realize that he should grab every chance at happiness with both hands and enjoy it while he can because tomorrow it could all be gone.

I think the whole Lupin/Tonks thing was used to foreshadow that - Mr. and Mrs. Weasley telling Lupin that Dumbledore would be happy for there to be a little more love in the world and young, whole men do not necessarily stay young and whole. Harry thinks that he is supposed to face this alone - or that he should face this alone. Ron and Hermione have already made their position clear - they aren't going to let him do that. They will be with him no matter what. That will apply to Ginny as well. Eventually, Harry will realize that he doesn't have to do it alone and it is the fact that he doesn't have to that makes him stronger than Voldemort. That is what Harry has that Voldemort will never have - people who love him and are willing to stand beside him and fight no matter what. He doesn't control them with fear. He doesn't have to make them promises. They stand with him because they love him.


__________________

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling


All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

  #217  
Old October 30th, 2005, 2:30 am
HP4evr1807's Avatar
HP4evr1807  Female.gif HP4evr1807 is offline
Hogwarts Graduate
 
Joined: 4674 days
Location: In Harry's Army
Age: 29
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotionA
Thank you Hinoema. We really don't want this thread to get shut down due to shipping wars of all things especially after JKR herself had made the couples very clear in the interview.



I'm actually hoping that they have a double wedding If not, I hope they at least get engaged or something in the epilogue which I think will take us a little ahead into the future when the Trio and Ginny are in their twenties. Maybe JKR won't describe the weddings at all and jump directly towards a family full of red bushy haired and red hair and green eyed kids

And I seriously doubt that Ginny will die. She is one of Harry's major sources of happiness and after the the numerous obstacles that he had to face in his life, he will finally settle down in peace with the people he loves the most. He deserves it and it will give everyone (including the readers) some form of peace knowing that the hero is happy. JKR had put Harry through a lot of misery so that he gets what he has been wanting his entire life. His mother sacrificed her life so that she can give her son a happy and healthy life and Harry losing Ginny would make him miserable, especially after he had lost all of his protectors, and his mother's death would be in vain.
Oh my, I (hope) that if there is an epilouge it isnt full of how the Weasleys are all happy and they all live by each other, and there kids have playdates together, while the parents play wizarding chess, however I do want a happy ending, but that would be over the top,[especially a double wedding,] and I dont think would fit the series well....I dont think Ginny will de either, but I think its not accurate to say that if Ginny ever did die Harry's life would be runined and his mother died in vain, thats not true. And plus, Harry didnt want Ginny his whole entire life....sure he wanted a family his whole entire life, and one (will) agrue that Ginny is the symbol of family for Harry, but I'll just stop here.


__________________

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference
.

-Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken
  #218  
Old October 30th, 2005, 2:35 am
BlueBloodNC  Male.gif BlueBloodNC is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4593 days
Age: 31
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP4evr1807
Oh my, I (hope) that if there is an epilouge it isnt full of how the Weasleys are all happy and they all live by each other, and there kids have playdates together, while the parents play wizarding chess, however I do want a happy ending, but that would be over the top,[especially a double wedding,] and I dont think would fit the series well....I dont think Ginny will de either, but I think its not accurate to say that if Ginny ever did die Harry's life would be runined and his mother died in vain, thats not true. And plus, Harry didnt want Ginny his whole entire life....sure he wanted a family his whole entire life, and one (will) agrue that Ginny is the symbol of family for Harry, but I'll just stop here.

ditto on the epilouge I hope they keep in close contact but don't live next store

back to subject. Ginny IMO won't die like so many before me have said I think that she is a sign of family for harry and that's great. Now even if she did die I can see how he could still be happy with the rest of the weaslys and the ron and hermione but IMO I think she is essential for the ending of this book to be a good ending.


__________________
shipping:
ron/hermione
harry/ginny
  #219  
Old October 30th, 2005, 2:39 am
HP4evr1807's Avatar
HP4evr1807  Female.gif HP4evr1807 is offline
Hogwarts Graduate
 
Joined: 4674 days
Location: In Harry's Army
Age: 29
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinoema
This is not a shipping thread. This is a thread about Harry and Ginny's future in regards to each other, period. Please don't drag the ship wars back in here. We are tired of it and want to discuss what will happen in the future between Harry and Ginny, now that Jo has consigned Hermione to Weasleyhood, and Ginny is Harry's ideal girl. This is not the place for he-hashing all that old noise.

Thnkuvrymhc.

Well, very true, it isnt a shipping thread, and it isnt right to say how Harry is better off with say, Pansy Parkinson (im just using this as an example ) it is about the future of H/G, but I think someone said that it is only to see how and when they will get together, but since this is a thread about Harry and Ginny, it shouldnt be bad if someone respectfully gives their ideas why they dont think H/G will end up as a 100% guaranteed couple in book 7. Even if the people say that JKR made it 100% clear that Harry and Ginny will get back together, because she said Ginny was Harry's "ideal" girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBloodNC
ditto on the epilouge I hope they keep in close contact but don't live next store

back to subject. Ginny IMO won't die like so many before me have said I think that she is a sign of family for harry and that's great. Now even if she did die I can see how he could still be happy with the rest of the weaslys and the ron and hermione but IMO I think she is essential for the ending of this book to be a good ending.
me too, I mean in the same town or city, thats fine, but right next store like a weasley complex of homes, well that may be a little much.

But back to the H/G issue at hand. I dont think Ginny will die either, like I have said before. I think Ginny almost died once (CoS) and I dont think she will die or be near death again, so providing Harry doesnt die in the 7th book *which I dont think he will*, it is very possible that Harry will hook up with Ginny again, who knows? I agree that Harry could be happy even if Ginny did die in the 7th book, but I agree, it would put a damper in things if Ginny died, and the ending would be sadder.


__________________

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference
.

-Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken
  #220  
Old October 30th, 2005, 2:40 am
Deevo's Avatar
Deevo  Male.gif Deevo is offline
Student
 
Joined: 4920 days
Location: Geraldton, Western Australia
Age: 53
Posts: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinoema
This is not a shipping thread. This is a thread about Harry and Ginny's future in regards to each other, period. Please don't drag the ship wars back in here. We are tired of it and want to discuss what will happen in the future between Harry and Ginny, now that Jo has consigned Hermione to Weasleyhood, and Ginny is Harry's ideal girl. This is not the place for he-hashing all that old noise.
Indeed.

Quote:
Thnkuvrymhc.
No, thank you for saying so. Now can we please get back to our scheduled programming.


 
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 2:50 am.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Original content is Copyright MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright its respective owners.