Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Harry and Ginny - Where to from here?

Old October 23rd, 2005, 11:47 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicBookWorm
The breakup was a typical literary device. I have to believe that the love Harry and Ginny have for each other will come in handy at the end. Odds are they'll have near misses of almost getting back together throughout the book, but won't get together officially until Voldemort is defeated.
I do agree here. I think that while romances are definitely a part of a teenager's life, I think these particular romances, which JK has set up as lifetime romances, will have a role to play in the final book. Love is important and this aspect of love will come into play. How fundamental it will be, I don't know but I do believe it may be important.

At first I thought there was a high possibility that Ginny would go with Harry, Ron, Hermione on their Horcrux hunt but after rereading the books I've come to the conclusion that it is unlikely that she will go along with them, at least not as early as the wedding anyway. It would somehow diminish her acceptance of what Harry has to do if she insisted on coming or came through nefarious means. What could happen is that she ends up going because of things no one else foresaw.

Ginny is not the "stay at home like a good little girl and do nothing type" so I'm sure she'll still help Harry in some way even if she is not by his side initially. As JK said, we will be seeing Ginny's powers displayed in book 7 and I do hope she does something really awesome and I especially hope she doesn't die doing it.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2005, 11:48 pm
The Next Great Adventurer

I'm afraid I will jump to the end. I have no self-control. I think there will be some deaths. We were distanced from Hagrid in HBP, so maybe JKR is trying to disengage us from him emotionally so he can die. i think that Charlie is at risk, and I could care less about Percy. Neville and/or Luna are at risk. And Snape is toast.

But we will have OBHWF (minus one or two older brothers).

Sometimes dreams do come true
Old October 23rd, 2005, 11:53 pm
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevo
Well personally I feel that she'll be the Hogwarts base camp leader and that she'll possibly re form, along with Neville and Luna, some sort of DA offshoot to back up Harry in the final conflict. As for the horcrux hunt she may well be involved in finding one at the school. Her age is going to hold her back a tad as she's almost a year younger than Harry and won't have the adult freedoms that he or the others will have in book seven.
That's a good possibility. There is also the two-way mirror that Harry has - the other is most likely still at Grimmauld Place. JKR said those mirrors would be seen again. Harry could give one to Ginny as a secure means of communication while he, Ron, and Hermione search for the Horcruxes.

I can see Ginny reforming the DA - getting them ready for the final battle. I think the final battle with include Aurors, members of the Order, and the DA fighting the DE's while Harry takes on Voldemort.

Quote:
I'm not sure, I'd like to see it sooner rather than later as his 'breakup' was rather pointless in the bigger scheme. Also the funeral wasn't really an appropriate place for an argument on the subject anyway.

I think almost definately Ginny, Harry still has this 'saving people thing' and he's going to be reluctant to put those he loves in harms way. That and I suspect he may see himself as something of a jinxed person to get involved with.
Very true. Ginny understood what Harry was trying to do and realized that the funeral was not the time or the place to argue with him about it. I don't think she is going to sit idly by and twiddle her thumbs.

You also have to consider the fact that Harry was not just planning on breaking up with Ginny - he was also planning on leaving Ron and Hermione behind as well. His intention was to leave them all behind and go on alone. Ron and Hermione already vetoed that and told him they were going with him. I think Hermione will have something to say about him breaking up with Ginny - I can think of a few others that might try to talk to him about it as well.

His decision was flawed because both Malfoy and Snape knew that he was dating Ginny but neither of them know that he broke up with her. Also, even because he broke up with her, the feelings are still there. Snape or Voldemort could penetrate his mind and discover his feelings for Ginny.

Once Harry realizes the flaw in his decision, I think he will get back together with Ginny. Ginny won't be going with them but she can help out in other ways - like reforming the DA - and Harry can keep in contact with her using the two-way mirror.

Quote:
I don't think there's any doubt about it. What I find interesting is that up to date we haven't seen much of either of the youngest Weasleys in combat save for that short spell at the end of HBP. I'm expecting to be impressed.
I agree. We've already seen that Ron can hold his own under pressure - and he was only 12 then. He has shown that he has a strategical mind - that will come in handy if they have to get past magical protections like Harry and Dumbledore faced in the cave. He held his own against DE's in both OOTP and HBP. I know he got hit with a spell in OOTP but he still did well considering that was his first official battle - Harry had faced them before in GOF. Ginny also did well in both battles - in OOTP she came out of it with a broken ankle and was stunned - not bad for a 14 year old witch who had never seen combat. She was holding her own in the battle in HBP as well.

I think the younger Weasleys may surprise us indeed.

Quote:
No it won't, and the sooner he sees it the better it'll be. As things stand all it's achieving right now is to make them both miserable.
Absolutely. Just as Ron and Hermione's unresolved romantic status could cause problems, Harry leaving things as they are with Ginny could as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotionA
Yeah I want to know what that Bat Bogey Hex of hers is all about. I guess we'll have to wait till the final battle *sigh*
Well, seeing as how "bogey" means booger - I'm thinking it has something to do with flying boogers. Yuck!

Quote:
I would really like everyone to settle their romantic issues at Bill and Fleur's wedding but I just have this feeling that Harry will stick to his resolution at the beginning and might realize half during the mission that what he's doing is downright foolish. But yeah, the sooner he realizes it, the better...
I don't think all of the romantic issues will be resolved by the wedding. Ron and Hermione's most likely but Harry will be more stubborn. I think the wedding will be a start though - people will talk to him and try to get through to him. It just depends on how much Ron and Hermione deciding to go with him no matter what affects his decision.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old October 24th, 2005, 12:12 am
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971
I don't think all of the romantic issues will be resolved by the wedding. Ron and Hermione's most likely but Harry will be more stubborn. I think the wedding will be a start though - people will talk to him and try to get through to him. It just depends on how much Ron and Hermione deciding to go with him no matter what affects his decision.
Yeah that's what I think will happen too. I wonder what Ron will have to say to that and I can see Hermione trying to explain it to him or at least convince him to talk to Ginny about it. I'm simply expecting them to have a conversation about their relationship at the wedding. I like your idea about Harry giving her the mirror and maybe he could give it to her then.

Dance Pretty
Old October 24th, 2005, 12:43 am
Fifth Year

I'm thinking the Epilogue will take place several years AFTER the final confrontation. Maybe a few years to show how everyone has established themsevles. I don't think we'll get anything like a double wedding, but perhaps there will be talk of one of the couples engaged or maybe even already married.

Thanks to random_musing for the inspiration ^_^

"Ron seemed to come to himself slightly as they walked back across the Great Hall. He touched the spot on his face where Hermione had kissed him, looking puzzled, as though he was not quite sure what had just happened. He seemed too distracted to notice much around him..." - Order of the Pheonix
Old October 24th, 2005, 12:51 am

Quote:
I'm afraid I will jump to the end. I have no self-control. I think there will be some deaths. We were distanced from Hagrid in HBP, so maybe JKR is trying to disengage us from him emotionally so he can die. i think that Charlie is at risk, and I could care less about Percy. Neville and/or Luna are at risk. And Snape is toast.

But we will have OBHWF (minus one or two older brothers).
I know I will. I'm so weak and I just love spoilers. I'm one of those annoying people that looks up everything I can find for movies, TV shows, books - whatever. When I got my copy of HBP, I was standing in line flipping through the book to see what happened.

I think Hagrid is at risk and it is possible that a few Weasleys are gonna bite the dust - hoping for Percy at this point.

But I think our favorite foursome will survive and live happily ever after - after they deal with all the trauma of course.

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old October 24th, 2005, 12:58 am
Fourth Year

I've always jumped to the end of every book except the Harry Potter ones. I guess I just feel like it would be a stain of dishonor on my name (whatever that means, I just don't know how to say it properly). I do think that Harry and Ginny will end up together, it's just way too meant to be.

Spoiler: show
We never see these anymore so I thought I'd just randomely put one here

Old October 24th, 2005, 12:58 am
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
I know I will. I'm so weak and I just love spoilers. I'm one of those annoying people that looks up everything I can find for movies, TV shows, books - whatever. When I got my copy of HBP, I was standing in line flipping through the book to see what happened.
Aahh I'm just the opposite. I didn't even read the review of the GoF film that they released yesterday (or was it the day before?)

Quote:
But I think our favorite foursome will survive and live happily ever after - after they deal with all the trauma of course.
Yeah the foursome deserve some happiness and peace after all that they've been through. I don't think I can bear it if anything happens to any of them......

Dance Pretty
Old October 24th, 2005, 1:06 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotionA
Aahh I'm just the opposite. I didn't even read the review of the GoF film that they released yesterday (or was it the day before?)
Not me - I read every word - twice! I look at every pic, read the film reports - that's actually how I discovered Mugglenet and the COS forums - I was looking for spoilers on the filming of GOF and anything I could find about HBP.

Quote:
Yeah the foursome deserve some happiness and peace after all that they've been through. I don't think I can bear it if anything happens to any of them......
Yes, they do. They are way past due for a happy ending.

Old October 24th, 2005, 1:23 am
Fourth Year

In terms of whether or not I will read the epilogue prior to the first chapter...I am promising myself that I won't. Usually, I am the type of reader who reads the back, looks at all the title names,(where applicable), then reads the first chapter then skips all over the back before reading the book thru.

I have been very good at not doing this for Harry Potter, and I plan on continuing with my trend thus far.

Now onto the movies, other than the trailers that I say on TV, I didn't know anything and as a result when it came to PoA, I was extreemly disappointed. (Don't worry, I have since come to terms with that) However, to prevent paying for a movie and walking out disappointed again, I have refused to read GoF before seeing the movie, as I did with PoA. And I have done everything I can to find out as much as I can to be able to enjoy the movie as the movie rather than what I think the visual version of the book should be.

As to Harry and Ginny~ we will see I believe a new level of relationship, a stronger, more meaningful, more powerful tie together. I don't think that she will accompany the trio, certainly not for the beginning and numerous horcruxes, but definatly at the end.

Provided both Ginny and Harry live, I think that they will follow the prediction made by Trelawney in OotP...Harry will live to a rip old age, and have 12 children.

We always, always have choices......and make no mistake, choosing to make no choice is a choice...take your time, think things through...and make wise choices!!! After all, "it is our choices, that show what we truely are, far more than our abilities."
Old October 24th, 2005, 1:28 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by klynnrose
As to Harry and Ginny~ we will see I believe a new level of relationship, a stronger, more meaningful, more powerful tie together. I don't think that she will accompany the trio, certainly not for the beginning and numerous horcruxes, but definatly at the end.

Provided both Ginny and Harry live, I think that they will follow the prediction made by Trelawney in OotP...Harry will live to a rip old age, and have 12 children.
I agree. She probably won't go with them for the search but she will definitely play a part. Personally, I don't think the search is going to take the whole book - I think they will find two over the summer and then discover one is hidden at Hogwarts. The trio will return to Hogwarts for their seventh year, find the Horcrux somewhere near the end of term and then go after Nagini and Voldemort at the end of term - following the established pattern of the books thus far.

Following that pattern, Harry and Ginny may not get back together at the wedding but they could get back together when Harry returns to school.

Old October 24th, 2005, 3:33 am
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
And Snape is toast.
You got that right...

I think I'm the only one in this thread praying that there isn't a double wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphmuggle
It depends on how much happens before/during the wedding. If enough happens at the Dursley's (say, a big enough revelation from his Aunt or from saved letters letting him understand the importance of love), and/or there is a DE attack at the wedding, then I could see him changing his mind. But there would have to be a lot going on for that to happen.
I still don't see it. Harry is very set in his ways and he seemed quite set on Ginny not going with them, at least for the beginning of their quest. I suppose it could change but I doubt it personally.

"I'm the most terrific liar you ever saw in your life. It's awful. If I'm on my way to the store to buy a magazine, even, and somebody asks me where I'm going, I'm liable to say I'm going to the opera. It's terrible." |Catcher in the Rye

Siggy image from LA 1960s & Avatar made by Makani|*PLEASE DO NOT TAKE*
Old October 24th, 2005, 3:43 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_musing
You got that right...

I think I'm the only one in this thread praying that there isn't a double wedding.
Well, I don't know if I want a double wedding - every bride deserves to be the center of attention on her wedding day - that's kind of hard when there are two brides. But I can definitely see Harry and Ginny getting married when all of this is over and she has finished school. Ron and Hermione will probably get married first because Harry and Ginny will probably wait until she is finished with school and maybe wait a little bit after like James and Lily did.

Quote:
I still don't see it. Harry is very set in his ways and he seemed quite set on Ginny not going with them, at least for the beginning of their quest. I suppose it could change but I doubt it personally.
Harry was also determined that Ron and Hermione weren't going to go with him either - he planned on going on alone. Ron and Hermione told him no - they were going with him no matter what. After he's had some time to think, he could change his mind. His reasons are noble but his logic is flawed, his breaking up with Ginny is not going to accomplish anything except for making them both miserable. His feelings for Ginny are still there for Voldemort to pick up on. Snape and Malfoy both knew that they were dating. Ginny will be a target whether they are "officially" dating or not. Once he realizes that, he could change his mind about them breaking up.

However, I don't see Ginny going with them on the Horcrux hunt. The fact that she is underage would be a hindrance - she can't apparate and so on. But Harry could give her the other mirror to keep in contact - it would be a secure means of communicating - not only to communicate with Ginny but to give Ginny messages for the Order if need be - to call for help if they need it.

Old October 24th, 2005, 3:48 am
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Harry was also determined that Ron and Hermione weren't going to go with him either - he planned on going on alone. Ron and Hermione told him no - they were going with him no matter what.
And then he just accepted it and now they are going to Horcrux hunt (Dear God that sounds lame). That didn't happen with Ginny though. If she were to say "no I'm coming" I think he'd just say "No, you aren't."
Quote:
Snape and Malfoy both knew that they were dating.
I read that wrong the first time through...
Quote:
However, I don't see Ginny going with them on the Horcrux hunt. The fact that she is underage would be a hindrance - she can't apparate and so on.
Yes, the underage thing is a huge problem IMO. They may still keep contact (I doubt via owl since that probably isn't very safe) though.

"I'm the most terrific liar you ever saw in your life. It's awful. If I'm on my way to the store to buy a magazine, even, and somebody asks me where I'm going, I'm liable to say I'm going to the opera. It's terrible." |Catcher in the Rye

Siggy image from LA 1960s & Avatar made by Makani|*PLEASE DO NOT TAKE*
Old October 24th, 2005, 3:50 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinoema
Thank goodness. Now we can get a good discussion going. Jo has said it- Ginny is Harry's ideal girl. So, let's talk about what will be!

Do you think Ginny will actively help in the Horcrux hunt? If so, how?

When do you think they will get back together, or acknowledge that they still love each other, despite the relationship being on hold?

Who will do so first? How?
First of all, big WHOOPEE! for the fresh new thread and name change.

I can't see Ginny just standing by while the trio just goes off to find Horcruxes. I think to be consistent with Ginny's head-strong demeanor, she'll insist on helping and going along. Of course, Molly will be an obstacle in this. Molly would even let Fred and George join in on Order business without a fight. I highly doubt she's just going to let Ginny go off on a dangerous mission because she is her youngest and she's and underage witch. I don't even think Molly will be to keen on Ron helping out, but we'll see. Anyway, I definitely think Ginny will play a part in the hunt, whether it's with research or whatever.

As for the length of their break up? I think there could be a variety a ways it could play out. To begin with, Harry broke up with Ginny for noble reasons. Like the prophecy said, Harry cannot truly live his life until Voldemort is dead, so in other words Harry can't have the relationship that him and Ginny deserve until Harry deals with Voldemort. Harry broke it off so he can focus on the Horcruxes and Voldemort and not feel guilty about neglecting Ginny and their relationship. However, Harry is human. I highly doubt that JK will not have any kind of romantic interludes between Ginny and Harry during the hunt or whatever. Maybe here and there we'll get a stolen kiss or something. That is, assuming Ginny is along with Harry for much of the book. Harry will not just turn off his feelings for Ginny. I'm sure he'll long for her, and vice versa. OR....Harry won't see Ginny much at all in the book, and in the end they'll have a reunion that's mutual.

"Ron seemed to come to himself slightly as they walked back across the Great Hall. He touched the spot on his face where Hermione had kissed him, looking puzzled, as though he was not quite sure what had just happened. He seemed too distracted to notice much around him..." - Order of the Pheonix
Old October 24th, 2005, 3:54 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
I really think that Harry, Hermione, and Ron are going to be the main, for lack of a better phrase, "horcrux hunters" due mostly because of the fact that Ginny will be underage and I honestly can't see Mrs. Weasley letting her youngest and only daughter do that...at all. She may help out somewhat later but if so I think she will be accompanied by Neville and Luna.
agreed! I think that it will be Ron, Harry, and Hermione with the horcrux search, I think Ginny's role will be with getting the DA stronger and set back up with help from Luna and Neville. I cant see Ginny going on the horcrux search not being able to apparate and such, and since she "understands" Harry, she will understand that this is something that she shouldnt go on, and that she can be a great help to Harry by helping out back at Hogwarts, my best guess is with re-forming the DA again. I can also see Ginny going with Fred and George, since I think they will be of great help to the order with there many inventions, and some are proving to be very usefull, heck even Draco used one of Fred and George's inventions!!!

Quote:
You got that right...

No you arent...I dont want one either, as much as I want a happy ever after ending...I think the idea of a double Weasley wedding would be a litte much, and a bit cliched...I cant see JKR doing that actually..

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

-Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken
Old October 24th, 2005, 3:59 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP4evr1807
I think the idea of a double Weasley wedding would be a litte much, and a bit cliched...I cant see JKR doing that actually..
Agreed. I think it would be a bit too corny to have that.

Like I said in another thread (I can't even keep track), I think the end of the book will be an epilogue taking place several years in the future. Maybe when the trio is in their 20s or so. I could see the chapter starting off with Harry going to visit someone's house or something, and we find out that Hermione and Ron are perhaps married ALREADY. And perhaps Harry is planning to pop the question to Ginny that night or something. During this, we find out about what everyone else is doing with their lives in a casual manner.

Old October 24th, 2005, 4:07 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:

I think Hagrid is at risk and it is possible that a few Weasleys are gonna bite the dust - hoping for Percy at this point.

Thats quite true, when I found out that someone died in HBP, I figured out right away it was either Dumbledore or Hagrid...because I had a feeling of them were going to die, actually I was leaning towards Hagrid , but it ended up being Dumbledore, which was just as sad . And I also agree with you, I think that to that one of the Weasleys is going to die at least, and I am leaning toward the idea of Percy dying too, I can see him doing something to redeem himself, get back into the family circle, then go out to protect his family, join the Order, and ends up dying during a battle...And I really hope what Molly said about Fred and George getting killed in their sleep because of the U-Know-POO thing was a foreshadowing statement....I love Fred and George...

Favorite foursome?? Im sorry, but still like the idea of the Terrific trio , but I like Ginny too, shes great, but I still think it should be just the trio in some aspects, but in others its great when Ginny joins in and such, since shes a great witch, and has really shown her personality in book 5, and her along with Luna and Neville formed the secondary trio, if you will

Its okay that you like spoliers! I'm not like that, but alot of my friends are, they'll try to find everything they can about the book or movie beforehand , one of my friends even told me she flipped to the back to figure out who died in the 6th book..haha, But of course I dont like spoilers, but I didnt really have a choice , my friend told me about OOtP, and who died and such, she thought I already read it, but hey it was my fault that I didnt read OOtP untill this summer . But I was really mad when my friend (who doesnt even READ the HP books) blurted out to me while I was reading HBP I just cant believe that Snape killed Dumbledore...ohh I was so mad at her..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn1182
Agreed. I think it would be a bit too corny to have that.

Like I said in another thread (I can't even keep track), I think the end of the book will be an epilogue taking place several years in the future. Maybe when the trio is in their 20s or so. I could see the chapter starting off with Harry going to visit someone's house or something, and we find out that Hermione and Ron are perhaps married ALREADY. And perhaps Harry is planning to pop the question to Ginny that night or something. During this, we find out about what everyone else is doing with their lives in a casual manner.
I can see a sort of Epilouge that would be neat, I doubt JKR would actually write a different seperate book for the Epilogue though....what do you think???

Old October 24th, 2005, 4:16 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Favorite foursome?? Im sorry, but still like the idea of the Terrific trio , but I like Ginny too, shes great, but I still think it should be just the trio in some aspects, but in others its great when Ginny joins in and such, since shes a great witch, and has really shown her personality in book 5, and her along with Luna and Neville formed the secondary trio, if you will
Yeah, to me it'll always be the original trio of Harry, Ron, Hermione. I can't quite include Ginny in there yet, but she's definitely been through a lot concerning Voldemort (being possessed, battling Death Eaters). She certainly "qualifies" so to speak, but so does Neville, and no one seems to include him in there. The romance with Harry gives her an extra "in" I suppose. lol

=( It's sad, but true. We're going to have to say goodbye to come beloved characters. I agree that I think the principals will remain in tact, though who knows....perhaps someone will get bitten by a werewolf or something. Having Dumbedore bite the dust before the final book makes it all the more hard to predict who is next. It really could be anyone. Out of the Weasley's, I agree about Percy being the one to go. He's the least likeable, but still has room for redemption, and I could see a sacrificial act playing out. Mr. Weasley already ALMOST died, so I think he'll survive.

Old October 24th, 2005, 4:24 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn1182
Yeah, to me it'll always be the original trio of Harry, Ron, Hermione. I can't quite include Ginny in there yet, but she's definitely been through a lot concerning Voldemort (being possessed, battling Death Eaters). She certainly "qualifies" so to speak, but so does Neville, and no one seems to include him in there. The romance with Harry gives her an extra "in" I suppose. lol

=( It's sad, but true. We're going to have to say goodbye to come beloved characters. I agree that I think the principals will remain in tact, though who knows....perhaps someone will get bitten by a werewolf or something. Having Dumbedore bite the dust before the final book makes it all the more hard to predict who is next. It really could be anyone. Out of the Weasley's, I agree about Percy being the one to go. He's the least likeable, but still has room for redemption, and I could see a sacrificial act playing out. Mr. Weasley already ALMOST died, so I think he'll survive.
True, Ginny as been thru alot, and shes like a sister to Hermione, and is Rons sister, and Harry was quite smitten with her in book 6 , and going out or not going out, they will always have a close bond. But I still think its the trio, but shes the one whos the closest to them, thats for sure, I think Fred and
George are pretty close with them too, along with Neville and Luna. But yea, I think we will have to see goodbye to another beloved character...I just hope it isnt Hagrid or one of the trio or Fred and George **or Mrs. Weasley** or any of the Weasleys, or Lupin or Tonks...well it looks like I dont want anyone of our Order members to die, but since there is a war going on, there will probably be some more deaths unfortunatly.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies