Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Harry and Ginny - Where to from here?

Old November 16th, 2005, 10:07 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81
Also, by the end of the first book, I saw them as "the trio" and that Hermione got along with both Ron and Harry. I saw them both as Hermione's "best friends".
Mmm, me too. Oddly though, I didn't really see R/Hr becoming romantically oriented until PoA, when she gave her "Oh, Ron!" line and threw her arms around him.

But I was a H/G shipper from the word "go". I remembered the scene from the beginning of SS (Ginny chasing the train) and then her wanting to see him at the end, and I was instantly rooting for her.

Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2005, 10:54 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat55
Mmm, me too. Oddly though, I didn't really see R/Hr becoming romantically oriented until PoA, when she gave her "Oh, Ron!" line and threw her arms around him.

But I was a H/G shipper from the word "go". I remembered the scene from the beginning of SS (Ginny chasing the train) and then her wanting to see him at the end, and I was instantly rooting for her.
did u just recently get into Hogsmeade?? I dont remember if you were there for awhile or not sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotionA

The prophecy seems to be taking control of Harry to an extent where he's giving up the only thing which the prophecy itself had stated that could save his life. In time, Harry will realize that he should stop running away from it and simply accept it because he will need all the love he can get to vanquish Voldemort once and for all.
Exactly. He is letting it dictate what he does and such. And well, I dont know if Harry will stop letting it dictate him. Who knows??? He will get love from his friends whether he listens to the prophecy still or not.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

-Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken
Old November 16th, 2005, 11:30 pm
Second Year

Quote:
I remember how I felt after reading the first book, and I, personally, felt that Neville and Hermione got along fairly well for it. Remember, everyone would find Hermione boring and Neville would be the only one giving her his undivided attention. Even when the book started, Hermione was helping Neville.
They did get along fairly well.
On the train she would have helped Draco if he needed it, still, Neville is one of the good guys that eveyone sort of liked.

Quote:
Also, by the end of the first book, I saw them as "the trio" and that Hermione got along with both Ron and Harry. I saw them both as Hermione's "best friends".
Most people saw them as "the trio" when they started the quest together to save whatever-it-was from Snape. Hermione and Ron were friend by the end of the book, it is hard to go though tribulations together and not come out as friends, just not best friends.
I don't know anyone who saw anything but potentials for romance in the book.

Old November 16th, 2005, 11:41 pm
Student

Quote:
That's about where I started to see any romance in the books.

Quote:
Frankly I didn't see it that way at the time though with the benefit of hindsight it can be seen as obvious forshadowing. Frankly right up to and including OOTP I was still unconvinced as to weather or not Harry would even see any kind of relationship, I really felt he had, as Jo said, rather too much to be getting on with as it was. When Jo said he'd be in for a 'little romance' I was still unsure of where that would lead, I must admit I favoured Ginny as a candidate because she seemed so perfect for him but I had no firm ideas beyond that.

I was never a shipper in the sense of some of our more ... vehemant ... colleagues but I'd always enjoyed that aspect of the stories as they served to inject some lightness and normality into what woiuld have otherwise have been some very dark and dire stories and I must admit I was delighted with the way that aspect of the stories has gone. Ron and Hermione have been a 'gimme' since GOF for me but Harry and Ginny were pure serendipity.

Old November 18th, 2005, 3:11 am
Second Year

Quote:

I've never been a "shipper", in the sense that I've never debated with anyone over "who should get together with whom", but I actually saw a small hint of R/Hr ever since COS. Ron's first reaction to being told that the mandrake draught was ready was "So Hermione'll be okay!" and he seemed to be slightly more disturbed by Hermione being petrified than Harry. That was the first time that I thought that R/Hr might be a possiblity. In fact looking back now, I think it's possible that Hermione might have had a tiny crush on Ron even in the first book. She did seem to overreact to Ron's insult. But yeah, COS was the first time that I thought of the possibility of a future R/Hr romance, but POA sort of confirmed it and after GOF it was basically set in stone for me.

With Harry, I didn't really think too much about who he would be with, but Ginny did seem to be the most likely. I think with the way that her character was developed and set up, she might as well have been walking around with a badge that said "Harry's Future Love Interest".

Hey, I hate you ~ Freddie Benson

Hate you too. ~ Samantha Puckett
Old November 18th, 2005, 3:29 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraElizabeth
With Harry, I didn't really think too much about who he would be with, but Ginny did seem to be the most likely. I think with the way that her character was developed and set up, she might as well have been walking around with a badge that said "Harry's Future Love Interest".
I agree. The romance was a not an element of surprise or debate until shippers decided to make it so. The romance was a part of the coming of age story of the books. JK Rowlings may decide to use the love for plot purposes. This was a consistently developed storyline throughout the books. Frankly, I found both ships obvious in the first book of the series and I did not think that JK would go in another direction because that is not what these books are about. I dislike shipping because that type of focus has caused too many people miss the point of this series and it appears lives are still currently being wasted on that aspect of the books.

The future of Ginny is something I am intensely interested in because of the emergence of her character's importance, not only as a strong, confident yet compassionate woman but as a Seventh child and the folklore behind it. I think one element of her future is to heal Harry.

Last edited by Ron_is_da_man; November 18th, 2005 at 3:31 am.
Old November 18th, 2005, 11:22 am
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_is_da_man
The future of Ginny is something I am intensely interested in because of the emergence of her character's importance, not only as a strong, confident yet compassionate woman but as a Seventh child and the folklore behind it. I think one element of her future is to heal Harry.
To heal him is one way to look at it, I think that sort of blends in with giving him something to live for and is certainly one element of her character. We've already seen that she is caring and sympathetic to those that need it so this fits in well. Given Jo's comments though I suspect she'll have a larger role in the main event too.

Old November 18th, 2005, 11:33 am
McMugwump Supreme

Time for version two.

Lunch was six dollars and thirty-one cents at the Lamplighter Inn, that's on Highway Two near Lewis Fork.
That was a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat, slice of cherry pie, and a cup of coffee.
Damn good food. Diane, if you ever get up this way that cherry pie is worth a stop.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies