Login  
 
 
Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Harry and Ginny - Where to from here?



 
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old October 24th, 2005, 4:30 am
meesha1971's Avatar
meesha1971  Female.gif meesha1971 is offline
Master of the Magical Arts
 
Joined: 4942 days
Location: The Unknowable Room
Age: 47
Posts: 12,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_musing
And then he just accepted it and now they are going to Horcrux hunt (Dear God that sounds lame). That didn't happen with Ginny though. If she were to say "no I'm coming" I think he'd just say "No, you aren't."

I read that wrong the first time through...

Yes, the underage thing is a huge problem IMO. They may still keep contact (I doubt via owl since that probably isn't very safe) though.
I don't think Ginny will go with them to find the Horcruxes (Horcrux hunt is better than the hunt for the Horcruxes - that sounds like an Indianna Jones movie ) I think they could keep in contact safely using the two-way mirrors. JKR did say those mirrors would show up again and that would be a good use for them. Harry could stay in touch with Ginny without fear of an intercepted owl or somebody monitoring the floo network. He could also have a secure way to contact the Order through Ginny if she had the other mirror - they could pass messages or call for help.

Harry and Ginny won't get back together in the sense that she will come with them for the search but I think they will get back together in the sense that he won't try to hide his feelings for her - much like a soldier going off to war. He'll be leaving her behind but she will still be his girlfriend.


__________________

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling


All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Sponsored Links
  #42  
Old October 24th, 2005, 4:37 am
eVaNeScEnCe's Avatar
eVaNeScEnCe  Female.gif eVaNeScEnCe is offline
Sixth Year
 
Joined: 5592 days
Location: In Snape's Pensieve
Age: 33
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn1182
First of all, big WHOOPEE! for the fresh new thread and name change.

I can't see Ginny just standing by while the trio just goes off to find Horcruxes. I think to be consistent with Ginny's head-strong demeanor, she'll insist on helping and going along.
I agree, I can see Ginny tagging along secretly and against everyone's wishes- she's a feisty young woman. She won't stay behind and let all the action happen without her. Look at OoTP and the DoM fiasco.

As for the double wedding...eh! No, that would be far too cheesy. I don't know why people automatically assume these kids are going to get hitched as soon as they get off Hogwarts. They could elope or date for ages before saying "I do". HP is set in the modern world, and JK has indirectly reflected reality through the series, and in the real modern world, it's now very common for couples to wait a little before they get married. I don't see Hermione wanting to get married so soon. She'd probably want to secure a good, sturdy career before marching down the aisle. Ginny may also do the same.

Either way...no double wedding!


__________________
Proud of Member of SIGS-- The Snape Is Good Society

"The truth is that I am forever living in my childhood... Actually I am living permanently in my dream, from which I make brief forays into reality." - Ingmar Bergman
  #43  
Old October 24th, 2005, 5:12 am
random_musing's Avatar
random_musing  Female.gif random_musing is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 4829 days
Location: Los Angeles/NYC
Age: 27
Posts: 3,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP4evr1807
Favorite foursome?? Im sorry, but still like the idea of the Terrific trio
Trio all the way.


__________________
Vintage LA
Sixties and smog = Match made in heaven
Supporter of the Snape loved Lily theory since 2005|And a Proud Snape/Lily AND James/Lily shipper

"I'm the most terrific liar you ever saw in your life. It's awful. If I'm on my way to the store to buy a magazine, even, and somebody asks me where I'm going, I'm liable to say I'm going to the opera. It's terrible." |Catcher in the Rye

Siggy image from LA 1960s & Avatar made by Makani|*PLEASE DO NOT TAKE*
  #44  
Old October 24th, 2005, 5:51 am
HP4evr1807's Avatar
HP4evr1807  Female.gif HP4evr1807 is offline
Hogwarts Graduate
 
Joined: 4823 days
Location: In Harry's Army
Age: 29
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_musing
Trio all the way.
I agree, Even though I think Ginny is very close to all of them, and sometimes its a "fantastic foursome", I still think that the trio still has a very special bond thats just for the three of them.


__________________

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference
.

-Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken
  #45  
Old October 24th, 2005, 9:37 am
djm  Male.gif djm is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 5452 days
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Age: 36
Posts: 151
Good decision to change the thread topic.


__________________
"One of life's truths: AC/DC rocks!"

Bender: (asleep) Must kill all humans... (awake) Hey Fry I had the most wonderful dream of my life and I think you were in it!

  #46  
Old October 24th, 2005, 11:03 am
PotionA's Avatar
PotionA  Female.gif PotionA is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 4882 days
Location: On Binky's lap
Age: 33
Posts: 3,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP4evr1807
Favorite foursome?? Im sorry, but still like the idea of the Terrific trio , but I like Ginny too, shes great, but I still think it should be just the trio in some aspects, but in others its great when Ginny joins in and such, since shes a great witch, and has really shown her personality in book 5, and her along with Luna and Neville formed the secondary trio, if you will
Oh yeah I like the idea of the Terrific Trio of course but Ginny's needed in their little group to make the OBHWF, which IMO, will happen at the end . Her ticket to the Trio is stronger than Neville and Loony's because she's Harry's love interest, close with Hermione and Ron's younger sister.


__________________



Dance Pretty
  #47  
Old October 24th, 2005, 11:36 am
chochangrulz  Female.gif chochangrulz is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 5020 days
Location: The Burrow
Posts: 120
ok heres an idea. Harry tells Ginny to stay at Hogwarts and wait for her..maybe they have like one last romantic kiss...and hes on his way. So meanwhile, Ginny is holding things at Hogwarts, prepared to back Harry up in the final battle. But then wait, Wormtail or one of the Death Eaters comes and kidnaps Ginny. Word has reached to Voldemorts ears that these two are together. So he shall use her for bait once again. Then Harry has to save her and he sees her and his heart aches for her, stuff like that. Then there is the final battle, Voldemort has Ginny tied up using Crucio on her again and again, while Harry it looks like will lose. But then, he digs himself out of the hole he started and wins the battle and the girl.
Just an idea.


  #48  
Old October 24th, 2005, 11:47 am
FlyingPhoenix's Avatar
FlyingPhoenix  Female.gif FlyingPhoenix is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 5685 days
Location: HMS Harmony - Cloud No.9
Age: 37
Posts: 3,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevo
* Ginny is Harry's ideal girl full stop.
* We'll definately be seeing much more of her in book seven.

It's not at all unreasonable to suggest that provided they survive they'll be together. What we should really be looking at is how this'll come about.
I disagree, it is unreasonable to say that if both survive they'll be together again. Reasons is Ginny may be Harry's ideal girl, but this don't equal they'll be together again. Henc Harry may not the ideal boy for her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinoema
Thank goodness. Now we can get a good discussion going. Jo has said it- Ginny is Harry's ideal girl. So, let's talk about what will be!
Maybe we should at first talk about Why JKR let them break up in the first place if they are supposed to get together again, hmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicBookWorm
The breakup was a typical literary device.
To have them marry in the end however is not typical.

The important point in this serie is, or better said ever since Voldemort's rebirth Harry wasn't the hero. Neither in OotP nor in HBP it was him who saved the day. All he could was to stand at the sideline and watch. If not worst he was the cause of this situation in the first place.

His luck left him, just like the blood protection left him. This leads to the question IMO is Harry as he falls for Ginny the typical hero? Or just a shadow of it caused by a kind of magic we don't even know about yet?


__________________
"And when love speaks, the voice of all gods makes heaven drowsy with the Harmony" -William Shakespeare

"Perhaps that's why we have had conflicts. It is hard for two people both accustomed to the same position to sort things out." Otherland Volume Three

  #49  
Old October 24th, 2005, 12:01 pm
djm  Male.gif djm is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 5452 days
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Age: 36
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhoenix
Maybe we should at first talk about Why JKR let them break up in the first place if they are supposed to get together again, hmm?
Book7 will tell.

As I said in another thread THEY didn't actually broke up, Harry did. And his reasons for doing it are pretty clear. He said it clear why he broke-up. And at the funeral it was senseless to argue with Harry so Ginny gave it a rest.

But the truth is: H/G broke up because we were all wrong, JKRs interview non-canon and Harmony is going to happen...

Quote:
This leads to the question IMO is Harry as he falls for Ginny the typical hero?
If I'm getting you right you just gave the answer to the whole H/G relationship. At the beginning Ginny had a crush on Harry because he's the boy who lived. But now she loves Harry as Harry. With all that comes with him.


__________________
"One of life's truths: AC/DC rocks!"

Bender: (asleep) Must kill all humans... (awake) Hey Fry I had the most wonderful dream of my life and I think you were in it!


Last edited by djm; October 24th, 2005 at 12:04 pm.
  #50  
Old October 24th, 2005, 12:17 pm
PotionA's Avatar
PotionA  Female.gif PotionA is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 4882 days
Location: On Binky's lap
Age: 33
Posts: 3,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhoenix
I disagree, it is unreasonable to say that if both survive they'll be together again. Reasons is Ginny may be Harry's ideal girl, but this don't equal they'll be together again. Henc Harry may not the ideal boy for her
Ginny's waited for Harry for years and a coupla more months won't kill her. She's always liked Harry and she will never pass up the opportunity to be with him.

Quote:
Maybe we should at first talk about Why JKR let them break up in the first place if they are supposed to get together again, hmm?
Like CBW said, the break up is a common literary device used in fiction where the hero leaves his woman because he thinks he's "protecting" her. It was made very clear at the end of HBP that Harry broke up with her because of that and not because he stopped loving her.

Quote:
The important point in this serie is, or better said ever since Voldemort's rebirth Harry wasn't the hero. Neither in OotP nor in HBP it was him who saved the day. All he could was to stand at the sideline and watch. If not worst he was the cause of this situation in the first place.
The series is based on Harry's life, thus the books are called "Harry Potter and the *insert name of object or person here*" And Harry, lucky or not, did face Voldemort, risked his neck several times, and the fact remains that he ultimately had to face the final obstacle at the end and that's what makes him the hero.

Sorry, got a bit OT with this bit.


__________________



Dance Pretty
  #51  
Old October 24th, 2005, 12:17 pm
FlyingPhoenix's Avatar
FlyingPhoenix  Female.gif FlyingPhoenix is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 5685 days
Location: HMS Harmony - Cloud No.9
Age: 37
Posts: 3,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm
But the truth is: H/G broke up because we were all wrong, JKRs interview non-canon and Harmony is going to happen...
Someone, I know, would use the infamous D word now.

Quote:
As I said in another thread THEY didn't actually broke up, Harry did. And his reasons for doing it are pretty clear. He said it clear why he broke-up. And at the funeral it was senseless to argue with Harry so Ginny gave it a rest.
And Ginny agreed to break up, or didn't she? He broke up because he thinks she could become a targed, maybe just as smart as his try to bleed zombies to dead ?

The surrounding is IMO bothersome. Breaking up on a funeral and then to write how Harry left Ginny and Dumbledore behind him, I dunno about you but this sounds to me like "The End" to a relationship and not like a little break.

Quote:
If I'm getting you right you just gave the answer to the whole H/G relationship. At the beginning Ginny had a crush on Harry because he's the boy who lived. But now she loves Harry as Harry. With all that comes with him.
No, she loves him because he still can act like a hero however in the past plots he wasn't THE Hero of the books. It was Dumbledore.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PotionA
Ginny's waited for Harry for years and a coupla more months won't kill her. She's always liked Harry and she will never pass up the opportunity to be with him.
Actually, it can kill her.

Quote:
Like CBW said, the break up is a common literary device used in fiction where the hero leaves his woman because he thinks he's "protecting" her. It was made very clear at the end of HBP that Harry broke up with her because of that and not because he stopped loving her
I didn't say he stopped loving her, I said the impression this scene gives is one of a final "Good Bye" rather than a "we will see us at the end again and marry". The question is, why should JKR use such a break up scene, with such an impression? If we know H/G will be together again? And if JKR after your say, said so?

After what I know Spiderman and that girl didn't get together in the end either, or am I wrong? In that case I seriously missed that episode

Quote:
The series is based on Harry's life, thus the books are called "Harry Potter and the *insert name of object or person here*" And Harry, lucky or not, did face Voldemort, risked his neck several times, and the fact remains that he ultimately had to face the final obstacle at the end and that's what makes him the hero.
You're talking of the principal male character in a novel, I'm talking about heroism in a story.


__________________
"And when love speaks, the voice of all gods makes heaven drowsy with the Harmony" -William Shakespeare

"Perhaps that's why we have had conflicts. It is hard for two people both accustomed to the same position to sort things out." Otherland Volume Three


Last edited by FlyingPhoenix; October 24th, 2005 at 12:31 pm.
  #52  
Old October 24th, 2005, 12:27 pm
Voldemort_1  Undisclosed.gif Voldemort_1 is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 4809 days
Posts: 238
Harry and Ginny will no doubt end up together. Its like Spiderman 2, remember? Peter Parker and Mary Jane.


  #53  
Old October 24th, 2005, 12:38 pm
djm  Male.gif djm is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 5452 days
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Age: 36
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhoenix
The surrounding is IMO bothersome. Breaking up on a funeral and then to write how Harry left Ginny and Dumbledore behind him, I dunno about you but this sounds to me like "The End" to a relationship and not like a little break.
Not exactly. Harry thinks he needs to do this alone. And he left the funeral. He even left Ron and Hermione behind. They followed him. He never asked them to follow him.

It even shows the love for Ginny. He doesn't want her to be hurt. But without trying to talk Heron out of it he he accepts the danger of them getting hurt.


__________________
"One of life's truths: AC/DC rocks!"

Bender: (asleep) Must kill all humans... (awake) Hey Fry I had the most wonderful dream of my life and I think you were in it!

  #54  
Old October 24th, 2005, 12:58 pm
FlyingPhoenix's Avatar
FlyingPhoenix  Female.gif FlyingPhoenix is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 5685 days
Location: HMS Harmony - Cloud No.9
Age: 37
Posts: 3,201
With a miserable gesture, Harry
got up, turned his back on Ginny and on Dumbledore's tomb and walked
away around the lake.
There isn't Hermione nor Ron mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm
But without trying to talk Heron out of it he he accepts the danger of them getting hurt.
He talks to birds?


__________________
"And when love speaks, the voice of all gods makes heaven drowsy with the Harmony" -William Shakespeare

"Perhaps that's why we have had conflicts. It is hard for two people both accustomed to the same position to sort things out." Otherland Volume Three

  #55  
Old October 24th, 2005, 1:47 pm
djm  Male.gif djm is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 5452 days
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Age: 36
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhoenix
With a miserable gesture, Harry
got up, turned his back on Ginny and on Dumbledore's tomb and walked
away around the lake.
There isn't Hermione nor Ron mentioned.
OF course JKR could have mentioned everyone attending the funeral just for the sake of extending the book.



Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhoenix
He talks to birds?
If you're running short of arguments you'd better stop posting...


__________________
"One of life's truths: AC/DC rocks!"

Bender: (asleep) Must kill all humans... (awake) Hey Fry I had the most wonderful dream of my life and I think you were in it!

  #56  
Old October 24th, 2005, 2:00 pm
Machiavelli's Avatar
Machiavelli  Undisclosed.gif Machiavelli is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 5191 days
Location: Oymyakon
Posts: 4,510
Quick note - Ron and Hermione are mentioned in that same paragraph. Harry notices Ron stroking Hermione's hair, Hermione is crying. So when Harry walks away he is walking away from everyone who matters.

Later it says Harry had meant to take on this most dangerous journey alone - this is in context with Ron and Hermione. Harry is trying to protect everyone, but he can't. Ron and Hermione won't let him, and we wouldn't expect them to because they're the trio!

However, it's probably a bit much to assume that Harry breaking up with Ginny the way he did is a sign that they will never be together. It simply means that he is a. protecting her and b. will hopefully not be distracted during the final battle. Once things are resolved, whoever is left standing will get on with things. I doubt highly that anything will happen to change Harry's romantic inclinations.

Further - saving the world will hardly tarnish him in Ginny's eyes!


  #57  
Old October 24th, 2005, 2:00 pm
blackmuse  Female.gif blackmuse is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4756 days
Location: Bangalore, India
Age: 37
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldemort_1
Harry and Ginny will no doubt end up together. Its like Spiderman 2, remember? Peter Parker and Mary Jane.
I totally agree. Somehow at the end of HBP, when he walks away from Ginny, I knew it wud not be forever...they're gonna be together in Book7, maybe not as a 'couple' but they will be there for each other.

Oh and Voldemort_1, that quote in your signature chokes me up everytime i read it . One of my fave bits in HBP...there arent that many mind you


__________________
"If my life is for rent and I don't lean to buy
Well I deserve nothing more than I get
Cos nothing I have is truly mine..."



'Oh, come on, Harry,' said Hermione. 'Its not Quidditch thats popular, its you! You've never been more interesting, and, frankly, you've never been more fanciable.'- Chapter: Felix Felicis, HBP


*~SIRIUS LIVES~*
  #58  
Old October 24th, 2005, 2:10 pm
FlyingPhoenix's Avatar
FlyingPhoenix  Female.gif FlyingPhoenix is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 5685 days
Location: HMS Harmony - Cloud No.9
Age: 37
Posts: 3,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm
OF course JKR could have mentioned everyone attending the funeral just for the sake of extending the book.
But alas, she obviously didn't for a reason aside finishing her book bit earlier. You're familiar with writing style and how to interpret such scene's, or?

Quote:
If you're running short of arguments you'd better stop posting...
I thought you're used to the German irony? Heron is in my book a bird and not Hermione and Ron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Quick note - Ron and Hermione are mentioned in that same paragraph. Harry notices Ron stroking Hermione's hair, Hermione is crying. So when Harry walks away he is walking away from everyone who matters
That's your conclusion but JKR didn't write Harry turned his back on them but on Ginny and Dumbledore's tomb.
Aside JKR makes a point that the trio won't split up in that scene too. Ginny and everybody else is left out.


__________________
"And when love speaks, the voice of all gods makes heaven drowsy with the Harmony" -William Shakespeare

"Perhaps that's why we have had conflicts. It is hard for two people both accustomed to the same position to sort things out." Otherland Volume Three

  #59  
Old October 24th, 2005, 2:38 pm
meesha1971's Avatar
meesha1971  Female.gif meesha1971 is offline
Master of the Magical Arts
 
Joined: 4942 days
Location: The Unknowable Room
Age: 47
Posts: 12,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP4evr1807
Favorite foursome?? Im sorry, but still like the idea of the Terrific trio , but I like Ginny too, shes great, but I still think it should be just the trio in some aspects, but in others its great when Ginny joins in and such, since shes a great witch, and has really shown her personality in book 5, and her along with Luna and Neville formed the secondary trio, if you will
Okay, I got tired of typing all the names out. In terms of them surviving at the end, I am talking about the four of them. I think they all four will survive and move on with their lives together - Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione. I don't see a double wedding - it would be rather cheesy, IMO. I think Ron and Hermione will get married first and then Harry and Ginny will get married later, after Ginny finishes school.

In terms of the Horcruxes - that will be the trio. Ginny will not go with them for that. She will help in other ways - Harry giving her the mirror is a possibility so they can communicate safely. Ginny reforming the DA is a possibility. Ginny will rejoin them for the final battle. I don't think Harry and Ginny will remain "split up" throughout the book though. They will be separated while Harry is searching for the Horcruxes but she will still be his girlfriend.

Quote:
I can see a sort of Epilouge that would be neat, I doubt JKR would actually write a different seperate book for the Epilogue though....what do you think???
I don't think there will be another book. From JKR's interviews, the final chapter of book 7, which she has already written, is an epilogue. I don't know if it is set in the future or just shortly after the end - supposedly the final word of the chapter is scar - something like Hermione saying "Harry, what happened to your scar?" That would indicate the epilogue is set shortly after the final battle. But she also said it would have to be rewritten for continuity so, who knows?


__________________

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling


All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

  #60  
Old October 24th, 2005, 2:43 pm
djm  Male.gif djm is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 5452 days
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Age: 36
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhoenix
You're familiar with writing style and how to interpret such scene's, or?
Yes. And I'm familiar with overinterpretation and interpretation. And since there are some writers out there sharing my opinion I might not be that wrong.

Quote:
I thought you're used to the German irony? Heron is in my book a bird and not Hermione and Ron.
Aha. I'm just not getting it...


__________________
"One of life's truths: AC/DC rocks!"

Bender: (asleep) Must kill all humans... (awake) Hey Fry I had the most wonderful dream of my life and I think you were in it!


Last edited by djm; October 24th, 2005 at 2:46 pm.
 
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:32 am.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Original content is Copyright MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright its respective owners.