Login  
 
 
Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Harry and Ginny - Where to from here?



 
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old October 24th, 2005, 2:56 pm
MayaQT  Female.gif MayaQT is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4638 days
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 35
Posts: 13
Wow, I started reading a few of the pages, and this scene has been interpreted so much...

Of course that doesn't stop me from adding my own $0.02, lol.

I think Harry got up and left all three of them because, in a smaller sense, it symbolized what he must do in the long run: take on the burden and fight Voldemort himself.


Sponsored Links
  #62  
Old October 24th, 2005, 2:57 pm
Corbin Dallas's Avatar
Corbin Dallas  Male.gif Corbin Dallas is offline
Seventh Year
 
Joined: 4964 days
Location: New York, 23rd century
Posts: 1,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm
Yes. And I'm familiar with overinterpretation and interpretation. And since there are some writers out there sharing my opinion I might not be that wrong.
And alot of readers agree with you too

Harry and Ginny will get together after Voldemort's defeat, the scene at the funeral was nothing but foreshadowing that...

Cheers


  #63  
Old October 24th, 2005, 3:09 pm
meesha1971's Avatar
meesha1971  Female.gif meesha1971 is offline
Master of the Magical Arts
 
Joined: 4792 days
Location: The Unknowable Room
Age: 47
Posts: 12,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhoenix
But alas, she obviously didn't for a reason aside finishing her book bit earlier. You're familiar with writing style and how to interpret such scene's, or?

I thought you're used to the German irony? Heron is in my book a bird and not Hermione and Ron.

That's your conclusion but JKR didn't write Harry turned his back on them but on Ginny and Dumbledore's tomb.
Aside JKR makes a point that the trio won't split up in that scene too. Ginny and everybody else is left out.
Let's examine Harry's thoughts and actions here.

HBP, US version, chapter 30, pg 645And Harry saw very clearly as he sat there under the hot sun bow people who cared about him had stood in front of him one by one, his mother, his father, his godfather, and finally Dumbledore, all determined to protect him; but now that was over. He could not let anybody else stand between him and Voldemort; he must abandon forever the illusion he ought to have lost at the age of one: that the shelter of a parent’s arms meant that nothing could hurt him. There was no waking from his nightmare, no comforting whisper in the dark that he was safe really, that it was all in his imagination; the last and greatest of his protectors had died and he was more alone than he had ever been before.


HBP, US version, chapter 30, pg 647Harry could not bear to hear these things, nor did he think his resolution would hold if he remained sitting beside her. Ron, he saw, was now holding Hermione and stroking her hair while she sobbed into his shoulder, tears dripping from the end of his own long nose. With a miserable gesture, Harry got up, turned his back on Ginny and on Dumbledore’s tomb and walked away around the lake. Moving felt much more bearable than sitting still: just as setting out as soon as possible to track down the Horcruxes and kill Voldemort would feel better than waiting to do it…


HBP, US version, chapter 30, pg 651“We’ll be there, Harry,” said Ron.

“‘What?”

“At your aunt and uncle’s house,” said Ron. “And then we’ll go with you, wherever you’re going.”

“No — ” said Harry quickly; he had not counted on this, he had meant them to understand that he was undertaking this most dangerous journey alone.


Bold and italics mine. Harry is planning on leaving them all behind and going on alone. Ron and Hermione refused to let him do it. They told him they are going with him no matter what. Ginny told him that she will never give up on him - she has waited for him this long, she can wait a little longer. Ron and Hermione's refusal to accept his decision could have an affect on his decision to break up with Ginny. Hermione will have something to say about it - Ron might. There are others who could try to talk to him about it. I seriously doubt that we've heard the last from Ginny on the subject. She understood what Harry was trying to do. She also understood that the funeral was not the time or place to try and change his mind. When she finds out that Ron and Hermione are going with him, she will talk to him.

This is a standard literary device. The protagonist (notice I didn't say hero ) attempts to protect the woman he loves by breaking up with her or leaving her behind. It has been used repeatedly - Superman and Lois Lane - Spiderman and Mary Jane - and so on. Eventually, the protagonist realizes that he is wrong and gets back with his love. Superman and Lois Lane did eventually get together. Mary Jane told Peter Parker she didn't care and wanted to be with him.

Harry will eventually realize that breaking up with Ginny and making them both miserable is not going to accomplish anything. She is still a target - She is still a Weasley and the majority of her family belongs to the Order of the Phoenix. She is still the little sister of Harry Potter's best mate. Snape and Malfoy both knew they were dating but do not know that they broke up. Harry still loves her and Voldemort - or Snape - could pick up on those feelings. Breaking up with her will not protect her - it only makes them both miserable. When he realizes this, they will get back together.

Whether they get back together early in the book, somewhere in the middle, or at the end, Ginny will not accompany them to search for the Horcruxes. She will help in other ways. Ginny will have a role to play in the final battle. But they will get back together. The only thing that would truly separate them at this point is death but I believe that all four of them will survive.


__________________

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling


All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

  #64  
Old October 24th, 2005, 3:19 pm
SSJ_Jup81's Avatar
SSJ_Jup81  Female.gif SSJ_Jup81 is offline
Secret Chocolate Keeper
 
Joined: 4876 days
Location: 東京
Age: 36
Posts: 6,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhoenix
That's your conclusion but JKR didn't write Harry turned his back on them but on Ginny and Dumbledore's tomb.

Aside JKR makes a point that the trio won't split up in that scene too. Ginny and everybody else is left out.
I don't know about you, but wouldn't it be easier to go by the simplest interpretation of the scene? To me, shipping aside, it seems as if Harry wanted to do this entire thing alone so as not to burden them, or put their lives in more danger than what it already was, so he wanted to leave, not only Ginny, but Ron and Hermione behind as well. I personally came to same conclusion as some others here.


  #65  
Old October 24th, 2005, 4:23 pm
johnthesavage  Male.gif johnthesavage is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 4677 days
Location: Guildford
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971
This is a standard literary device. The protagonist (notice I didn't say hero ) attempts to protect the woman he loves by breaking up with her or leaving her behind. It has been used repeatedly - Superman and Lois Lane - Spiderman and Mary Jane - and so on. Eventually, the protagonist realizes that he is wrong and gets back with his love. Superman and Lois Lane did eventually get together. Mary Jane told Peter Parker she didn't care and wanted to be with him.

Harry will eventually realize that breaking up with Ginny and making them both miserable is not going to accomplish anything. She is still a target - She is still a Weasley and the majority of her family belongs to the Order of the Phoenix. She is still the little sister of Harry Potter's best mate. Snape and Malfoy both knew they were dating but do not know that they broke up. Harry still loves her and Voldemort - or Snape - could pick up on those feelings. Breaking up with her will not protect her - it only makes them both miserable. When he realizes this, they will get back together.

Whether they get back together early in the book, somewhere in the middle, or at the end, Ginny will not accompany them to search for the Horcruxes. She will help in other ways. Ginny will have a role to play in the final battle. But they will get back together. The only thing that would truly separate them at this point is death but I believe that all four of them will survive.

These are some very good comments, I have been trying to voice and remind people that Voldy is supposedly amazing at Occulemensy and that by putting Ginny off, Harry decreases his ability to protect her.
Harry will get over his Peter Parker syndrome.
I am anxious to see his emotional state at the beginning of book 7 and compare it with that of the end of HBP.


  #66  
Old October 24th, 2005, 5:04 pm
MagicianGirl  Female.gif MagicianGirl is offline
Fifth Year
 
Joined: 5438 days
Location: Isle of the Wind
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhoenix
That's your conclusion but JKR didn't write Harry turned his back on them but on Ginny and Dumbledore's tomb.
Aside JKR makes a point that the trio won't split up in that scene too. Ginny and everybody else is left out.
Harry turned his back on Ginny and moved away physically because he knew that his resolved won't hold while sitting beside her not to leave Ginny or anyone else behind.


  #67  
Old October 24th, 2005, 6:27 pm
djm  Male.gif djm is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 5302 days
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Age: 35
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianGirl
Harry turned his back on Ginny and moved away physically because he knew that his resolved won't hold while sitting beside her not to leave Ginny or anyone else behind.
He's breaking up with the love of his life (subject to change). So sitting beside her would definitly compromise his mind and I doubt that he would have "survived" this.

So he walked away from Ginny and JKR had to mention it...


__________________
"One of life's truths: AC/DC rocks!"

Bender: (asleep) Must kill all humans... (awake) Hey Fry I had the most wonderful dream of my life and I think you were in it!

  #68  
Old October 24th, 2005, 8:09 pm
PotionA's Avatar
PotionA  Female.gif PotionA is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 4733 days
Location: On Binky's lap
Age: 33
Posts: 3,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhoenix
Actually, it can kill her.
No I don't think it'll kill her . She'll wait for him like she did ever since she was 11.

Quote:
I didn't say he stopped loving her, I said the impression this scene gives is one of a final "Good Bye" rather than a "we will see us at the end again and marry". The question is, why should JKR use such a break up scene, with such an impression? If we know H/G will be together again? And if JKR after your say, said so?
Really? It's funny because I was under the impression that Harry would've stayed with her if he didn't have Voldemort after his blood. It was the kind of goodbye (again something which is used commonly in literature) which meant that he didn't want to do it but has to, and then he goes on to say that he wished he had asked her before so that they could've been together for months and years even. I mean think logically here, Harry broke up with Ginny because he loves her and thought he was protecting her. If he does survive the war, he will go back to her because he has feelings for her.

Quote:
After what I know Spiderman and that girl didn't get together in the end either, or am I wrong? In that case I seriously missed that episode
Even though I don't like bringing in this Spiderman comparison, but just to clarify, Peter Parker does get with Mary-Jane and they even get married. Since we're bringing in parallels here, we can expect the same from Harry and Ginny right?

Quote:
You're talking of the principal male character in a novel, I'm talking about heroism in a story.
No I was talking about the main character who is also protrayed as the hero when he faces the final obstacle at the end, with a bit of luck and help from his friends of course.


__________________



Dance Pretty
  #69  
Old October 24th, 2005, 10:08 pm
HP4evr1807's Avatar
HP4evr1807  Female.gif HP4evr1807 is offline
Hogwarts Graduate
 
Joined: 4673 days
Location: In Harry's Army
Age: 29
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotionA
Oh yeah I like the idea of the Terrific Trio of course but Ginny's needed in their little group to make the OBHWF, which IMO, will happen at the end . Her ticket to the Trio is stronger than Neville and Loony's because she's Harry's love interest, close with Hermione and Ron's younger sister.
Well I think that Ginny will be in book 7 but not quite as much as Ron and Hermione, but thats just my personal opinion on the situation. Oh and its hard to have a Big happy weasley family with out Fred and George . But yea, she may have more connections if you will into the trio, however I think Ginny will spend alot of time with Luna and Neville during the book


__________________

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference
.

-Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken
  #70  
Old October 24th, 2005, 11:02 pm
PotionA's Avatar
PotionA  Female.gif PotionA is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 4733 days
Location: On Binky's lap
Age: 33
Posts: 3,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP4evr1807
Well I think that Ginny will be in book 7 but not quite as much as Ron and Hermione, but thats just my personal opinion on the situation.
Yeah book 7 will focus heavily on the Trio because of the Horcrux mission. JKR said that we'll get bits and pieces of Ginny and maybe Harry can give her the mirror to communicate with her whilst he's away from her.

Quote:
But yea, she may have more connections if you will into the trio, however I think Ginny will spend alot of time with Luna and Neville during the book
Yeah she will. I think she spends a lot of time with them anyway except that it'll be a bit more than usual since the Trio's not going to be around.


__________________



Dance Pretty
  #71  
Old October 24th, 2005, 11:11 pm
nivekllerttoc  Male.gif nivekllerttoc is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 4924 days
Location: 93 Diagon Alley
Age: 28
Posts: 241
Quote:
Even though I don't like bringing in this Spiderman comparison, but just to clarify, Peter Parker does get with Mary-Jane and they even get married. Since we're bringing in parallels here, we can expect the same from Harry and Ginny right?
This type of relationship appears many places, where the hero finds a soulmate and ends up having other priorities.

In the comics, Peter Parker breaks up with four girls multiple times each, Betty Brant, MJ, Gwen Stacy and Liz Allen. All because he lives with the notion that "with great power comes great responsibility."

Harry's power is his knowlege about the Horcruxes, being one of two living people that know about them. His responsibility is obvious, and he wants to keep Ginny out of it. However, after a couple hard missions, right after the wedding, I believe that they will get together, because Harry will realise that he can't habdle the burden by himself. Splitting it four ways...(Ron and Hermione...) will help and eventually save him.

JKR has said alot about Voldemort and Harry being the same, so the few differeces will help Harry triumph...two of which are the ability to love and the willingness to work with others, not have them do your bidding.


__________________
Modern science comes from Descartes, who said that the conquest of nature is acheived through measurement and number.
How did he come to this conclusion?
He had a psychadelic experience with mushrooms in which an angel told him this was so.
All of our precious reason is based on a hallucination!

I don't like to let school interfere with my education
  #72  
Old October 24th, 2005, 11:40 pm
meesha1971's Avatar
meesha1971  Female.gif meesha1971 is offline
Master of the Magical Arts
 
Joined: 4792 days
Location: The Unknowable Room
Age: 47
Posts: 12,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotionA
Yeah book 7 will focus heavily on the Trio because of the Horcrux mission. JKR said that we'll get bits and pieces of Ginny and maybe Harry can give her the mirror to communicate with her whilst he's away from her.
I think Ginny may have a larger role than that. JKR indicated that we would see more of Ginny - not less.

Quote:
Yeah she will. I think she spends a lot of time with them anyway except that it'll be a bit more than usual since the Trio's not going to be around.
I still don't think the search for the Horcruxes will take that long - I think they will find two of them over the summer - the third is most likely located at Hogwarts and there are strong indications from JKR's interviews that they will return to school in spite of what Harry says - the last is Nagini and they can't go after Nagini until they're ready to go after Voldemort because he keeps Nagini close by.

So, my opinion, is Harry and Ginny will be separated over the summer and reunite when they all return to Hogwarts. At the end of the year, they will go after Nagini and Voldemort - following the pattern of the books thus far.


__________________

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling


All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

  #73  
Old October 25th, 2005, 12:37 am
HP4evr1807's Avatar
HP4evr1807  Female.gif HP4evr1807 is offline
Hogwarts Graduate
 
Joined: 4673 days
Location: In Harry's Army
Age: 29
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971
Okay, I got tired of typing all the names out. In terms of them surviving at the end, I am talking about the four of them. I think they all four will survive and move on with their lives together - Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione. I don't see a double wedding - it would be rather cheesy, IMO. I think Ron and Hermione will get married first and then Harry and Ginny will get married later, after Ginny finishes school.

In terms of the Horcruxes - that will be the trio. Ginny will not go with them for that. She will help in other ways - Harry giving her the mirror is a possibility so they can communicate safely. Ginny reforming the DA is a possibility. Ginny will rejoin them for the final battle. I don't think Harry and Ginny will remain "split up" throughout the book though. They will be separated while Harry is searching for the Horcruxes but she will still be his girlfriend.

I don't think there will be another book. From JKR's interviews, the final chapter of book 7, which she has already written, is an epilogue. I don't know if it is set in the future or just shortly after the end - supposedly the final word of the chapter is scar - something like Hermione saying "Harry, what happened to your scar?" That would indicate the epilogue is set shortly after the final battle. But she also said it would have to be rewritten for continuity so, who knows?
Okay, yea I wasnt meaning on critzicing you about writing foursome, I get what you mean, I sometimes dont like writing out all the names of people too, sometimes I'll say trio or Weasleys or something like that, yea a double wedding would be cheesy, and as much as I love happy endings *and am a heron shipper....*, I think its kinda cheesy to assume that after the defeat of Voldemort they are all going to hold hands and walk out into the sunset and have a happy life with 10 children each...I dont know, I just think there will be a different twist to the story then just having them all getting married and living to over 100 with tons of kids and such. But I do believe there will be a very happy ending of course...and yea, my guess is that the last few chapters will be an epilouge, but I dont know about that last sentence being Harry what happend to your scar...because that would just confirm that Harry lives, I am pretty confident that he will make it out fine, JKR has not confirmed this, and wont. And yeah the two way mirrors would be a great way to communicate if they are safe and theres no way to intercept messages between them, then they can all get news on what is happening on the other end of spectrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971

I still don't think the search for the Horcruxes will take that long - I think they will find two of them over the summer - the third is most likely located at Hogwarts and there are strong indications from JKR's interviews that they will return to school in spite of what Harry says - the last is Nagini and they can't go after Nagini until they're ready to go after Voldemort because he keeps Nagini close by.

So, my opinion, is Harry and Ginny will be separated over the summer and reunite when they all return to Hogwarts. At the end of the year, they will go after Nagini and Voldemort - following the pattern of the books thus far.
I think they will take along time. Look how long it took for Dumbledore to figure out where just one was....He was very old before he found one, and he had been researching them for a very long time, so theres no way three 17 year olds can find out the location of them faster than Dumbledore could have, unless Dumbledore left something behind. But yea, I think one IS at Hogwarts, so my guess is that they will have to go back to Hogwarts and Harry will see Ginny there, but I and even my friends who like the idea of Harry and Ginny, still say that Harry wont get back with her or anyone untill Voldemort is destroyed, rember the prophecy...one cannot live while the other survives...and Harry tells this outright to Ginny to, without really telling her about the prophecy he says something to the effect of these past few weeks with you have been like something out of someone elses life, but yea, I can definently see Harry spending more time at Hogwarts, it seems logical that the 7th book will be at Hogarts at least partially.


__________________

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference
.

-Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken
  #74  
Old October 25th, 2005, 12:38 am
_DarkAngel_  Female.gif _DarkAngel_ is offline
Third Year
 
Joined: 4725 days
Location: Being Sucked Into My Computer
Age: 26
Posts: 421
i really think that after/if Harry defeats Voldemort...this 'splitting up' is just temporary...when voldemort is no longer a threat they can be together...


__________________
Man-eating Canaries and Scaly Monsters=Love?


Harry/Hermione and Draco/Ginny
We're kinda glad they're not Canon.

HarryLovesHermione
DracoAndGinny
PORTKEY.ORG


  #75  
Old October 25th, 2005, 12:39 am
HP4evr1807's Avatar
HP4evr1807  Female.gif HP4evr1807 is offline
Hogwarts Graduate
 
Joined: 4673 days
Location: In Harry's Army
Age: 29
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotionA
Yeah book 7 will focus heavily on the Trio because of the Horcrux mission. JKR said that we'll get bits and pieces of Ginny and maybe Harry can give her the mirror to communicate with her whilst he's away from her.

Yeah she will. I think she spends a lot of time with them anyway except that it'll be a bit more than usual since the Trio's not going to be around.
Exactly. I agree with everything you said ^.


__________________

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference
.

-Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken
  #76  
Old October 25th, 2005, 12:41 am
PotionA's Avatar
PotionA  Female.gif PotionA is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 4733 days
Location: On Binky's lap
Age: 33
Posts: 3,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivekllerttoc
Harry's power is his knowlege about the Horcruxes, being one of two living people that know about them. His responsibility is obvious, and he wants to keep Ginny out of it. However, after a couple hard missions, right after the wedding, I believe that they will get together, because Harry will realise that he can't habdle the burden by himself. Splitting it four ways...(Ron and Hermione...) will help and eventually save him.
Yep I agree. Plus there's the fact that he'll be watching his best friends getting involved with one another and he'll realize that he, like them, also needs love, which means that he needs Ginny. He'll come to terms with the fact that his decision in breaking up with her was utterly pointless and he will prepare himself to make amends.


__________________



Dance Pretty
  #77  
Old October 25th, 2005, 12:56 am
meesha1971's Avatar
meesha1971  Female.gif meesha1971 is offline
Master of the Magical Arts
 
Joined: 4792 days
Location: The Unknowable Room
Age: 47
Posts: 12,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP4evr1807
Okay, yea I wasnt meaning on critzicing you about writing foursome, I get what you mean, I sometimes dont like writing out all the names of people too, sometimes I'll say trio or Weasleys or something like that, yea a double wedding would be cheesy, and as much as I love happy endings *and am a heron shipper....*, I think its kinda cheesy to assume that after the defeat of Voldemort they are all going to hold hands and walk out into the sunset and have a happy life with 10 children each...I dont know, I just think there will be a different twist to the story then just having them all getting married and living to over 100 with tons of kids and such. But I do believe there will be a very happy ending of course...and yea, my guess is that the last few chapters will be an epilouge, but I dont know about that last sentence being Harry what happend to your scar...because that would just confirm that Harry lives, I am pretty confident that he will make it out fine, JKR has not confirmed this, and wont. And yeah the two way mirrors would be a great way to communicate if they are safe and theres no way to intercept messages between them, then they can all get news on what is happening on the other end of spectrum.
JKR only confirmed that the last word was "scar". The "what happened to your scar?" line was a rumor - I haven't found anything where she said that wasn't true though, so, who knows?

I'm really liking the mirror idea - I mean, she introduced those mirrors for a reason and we haven't seen them since OOTP.

Quote:
I think they will take along time. Look how long it took for Dumbledore to figure out where just one was....He was very old before he found one, and he had been researching them for a very long time, so theres no way three 17 year olds can find out the location of them faster than Dumbledore could have, unless Dumbledore left something behind. But yea, I think one IS at Hogwarts, so my guess is that they will have to go back to Hogwarts and Harry will see Ginny there, but I and even my friends who like the idea of Harry and Ginny, still say that Harry wont get back with her or anyone untill Voldemort is destroyed, rember the prophecy...one cannot live while the other survives...and Harry tells this outright to Ginny to, without really telling her about the prophecy he says something to the effect of these past few weeks with you have been like something out of someone elses life, but yea, I can definently see Harry spending more time at Hogwarts, it seems logical that the 7th book will be at Hogarts at least partially.
Well, the locket just needs to be verified. I still think that R.A.B. is Regulus Black and the locket is the "heavy locket that none of them could open" mentioned in OOTP. I think something will happen that causes Harry to remember about Regulus and they will piece that together fairly quickly.

As for the rest, I really do think Dumbledore will leave something to Harry to help him - notes or a journal or something detailing his own search. Someone even suggested that maybe Dumbledore will leave Harry the pensieve with some of his own memories. Plus, Dumbledore was working alone. Harry has Ron and Hermione to help him.

I think it is possible for them to verify that Regulus destroyed the locket or destroy it themselves and find Hufflepuff's cup before school starts back. A lot of the information JKR has given in her interviews strongly indicates that they will return to school, in spite of Harry saying he wasn't going to. Most notably she said that Harry thinks he knows what he has to do - indicating that it is not going to go the way he planned.


__________________

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling


All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

  #78  
Old October 25th, 2005, 1:05 am
HP4evr1807's Avatar
HP4evr1807  Female.gif HP4evr1807 is offline
Hogwarts Graduate
 
Joined: 4673 days
Location: In Harry's Army
Age: 29
Posts: 2,947
meesha1971~


Quote:
JKR only confirmed that the last word was "scar". The "what happened to your scar?" line was a rumor - I haven't found anything where she said that wasn't true though, so, who knows?
I heard that too awhile ago. I figured that "what happened to your scar?" was a rumor---I cant see JKR giving the last line of the book away. But yea, like who said, who knows?

Quote:
I'm really liking the mirror idea - I mean, she introduced those mirrors for a reason and we haven't seen them since OOTP.
true...she had to have mentioned the mirrors for a reason, they wouldnt be just put aside so quickly. I think maybe that Ginny will get possesion of one of them like you said, and the trio can communicate with them with that mirror as a way of communication. Then both Ginny, Neville, Luna and the trio can keep in contact, and relay information back and forth and such.


Quote:
Well, the locket just needs to be verified. I still think that R.A.B. is Regulus Black and the locket is the "heavy locket that none of them could open" mentioned in OOTP. I think something will happen that causes Harry to remember about Regulus and they will piece that together fairly quickly.
Yea, I think its Regulus too---I thought that from the moment I got done reading that note, and I immediately thought about that locket that Kreacher always hid away. So do you think during the summer the trio will find the locket then Harry gives one the mirrors for Ginny for communication purposes so they can all keep in touch and make sure everyone is okay on the Order side of things?

Quote:
As for the rest, I really do think Dumbledore will leave something to Harry to help him - notes or a journal or something detailing his own search. Someone even suggested that maybe Dumbledore will leave Harry the pensieve with some of his own memories. Plus, Dumbledore was working alone. Harry has Ron and Hermione to help him.
I agree.


Quote:
I think it is possible for them to verify that Regulus destroyed the locket or destroy it themselves and find Hufflepuff's cup before school starts back. A lot of the information JKR has given in her interviews strongly indicates that they will return to school, in spite of Harry saying he wasn't going to. Most notably she said that Harry thinks he knows what he has to do - indicating that it is not going to go the way he planned.
Very True, Harry did that on more than one occasion, but I still think the horcrux search will take a longer time than just a summer and part of a school year, and Harry even when he does see Ginny, it will be probably for information and what not, and I truely believe that they wont be together again untill Harry is done with the horcruxes and Voldemort.


__________________

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference
.

-Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken
  #79  
Old October 25th, 2005, 1:41 am
meesha1971's Avatar
meesha1971  Female.gif meesha1971 is offline
Master of the Magical Arts
 
Joined: 4792 days
Location: The Unknowable Room
Age: 47
Posts: 12,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP4evr1807
true...she had to have mentioned the mirrors for a reason, they wouldnt be just put aside so quickly. I think maybe that Ginny will get possesion of one of them like you said, and the trio can communicate with them with that mirror as a way of communication. Then both Ginny, Neville, Luna and the trio can keep in contact, and relay information back and forth and such.

Yea, I think its Regulus too---I thought that from the moment I got done reading that note, and I immediately thought about that locket that Kreacher always hid away. So do you think during the summer the trio will find the locket then Harry gives one the mirrors for Ginny for communication purposes so they can all keep in touch and make sure everyone is okay on the Order side of things?
Yes. They aren't going to be able to do much until Harry comes of age and he and Ron get their licenses to Apparate. So, the time they spend at the Dursleys will probably be spent researching. It could happen like this - something happens or they find something in their research that causes Harry to remember Regulus Black and they put it together with R.A.B. - one of them remembers seeing a locket at Grimmauld Place so they decide to go there. They will probably do that right after the wedding.

While packing or unpacking, Harry finds the mirror that Sirius gave him and remembers how it works - it is likely that the other mirror is at Grimmauld Place so he decides to get it while they are there. The tricky part will be finding the locket - it was in the stuff they were cleaning out of the drawing room. It is possible that Kreacher took it and they will find it in his sleeping area - or it could still be in the sack they were putting all that stuff in - they may have to ask someone what happend to that stuff. I don't think that will take very long.

Now, at some point, Harry will receive his "bequeath" from Dumbledore - notes, journal, memories - whatever. This will lead them to Hufflepuff's cup. Somewhere in here they will visit Godric's Hollow and who knows what they will find out there. I'm looking forward to that part.

Two Horcruxes down - two to go. Their research leads them to discover that the third Horcrux is hidden at Hogwarts. The cannot go after Nagini until they find and destroy that third Horcrux so they decide to return to school. In order to be able to search Hogwarts, the most practical thing for them to do is to return as students. They will have more free time because it is likely that security measures similar to those in COS will be put into place - no extracurricular activities - no Quidditch, etc...

Quote:
I agree.

Very True, Harry did that on more than one occasion, but I still think the horcrux search will take a longer time than just a summer and part of a school year, and Harry even when he does see Ginny, it will be probably for information and what not, and I truely believe that they wont be together again untill Harry is done with the horcruxes and Voldemort.
Oh, the overall search will take the entire year. They will only find two over the summer - the locket and Hufflepuff's cup. It is possible that they only locate Hufflepuff's cup before they return to school and have to slip out and apparate to that location to destroy it after school starts. The third they will search for throughout the school year in their free time. They'll find it shortly before term ends. Following the pattern of the other books, somewhere around exam time, they will leave to find Nagini and then Voldemort.

If it plays out like that, I think Harry and Ginny will get back together fairly soon in the book.


__________________

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling


All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

  #80  
Old October 25th, 2005, 5:02 am
HP4evr1807's Avatar
HP4evr1807  Female.gif HP4evr1807 is offline
Hogwarts Graduate
 
Joined: 4673 days
Location: In Harry's Army
Age: 29
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971
Yes. They aren't going to be able to do much until Harry comes of age and he and Ron get their licenses to Apparate. So, the time they spend at the Dursleys will probably be spent researching. It could happen like this - something happens or they find something in their research that causes Harry to remember Regulus Black and they put it together with R.A.B. - one of them remembers seeing a locket at Grimmauld Place so they decide to go there. They will probably do that right after the wedding.

While packing or unpacking, Harry finds the mirror that Sirius gave him and remembers how it works - it is likely that the other mirror is at Grimmauld Place so he decides to get it while they are there. The tricky part will be finding the locket - it was in the stuff they were cleaning out of the drawing room. It is possible that Kreacher took it and they will find it in his sleeping area - or it could still be in the sack they were putting all that stuff in - they may have to ask someone what happend to that stuff. I don't think that will take very long.

Now, at some point, Harry will receive his "bequeath" from Dumbledore - notes, journal, memories - whatever. This will lead them to Hufflepuff's cup. Somewhere in here they will visit Godric's Hollow and who knows what they will find out there. I'm looking forward to that part.

Two Horcruxes down - two to go. Their research leads them to discover that the third Horcrux is hidden at Hogwarts. The cannot go after Nagini until they find and destroy that third Horcrux so they decide to return to school. In order to be able to search Hogwarts, the most practical thing for them to do is to return as students. They will have more free time because it is likely that security measures similar to those in COS will be put into place - no extracurricular activities - no Quidditch, etc...



Oh, the overall search will take the entire year. They will only find two over the summer - the locket and Hufflepuff's cup. It is possible that they only locate Hufflepuff's cup before they return to school and have to slip out and apparate to that location to destroy it after school starts. The third they will search for throughout the school year in their free time. They'll find it shortly before term ends. Following the pattern of the other books, somewhere around exam time, they will leave to find Nagini and then Voldemort.

If it plays out like that, I think Harry and Ginny will get back together fairly soon in the book.
I'll like to see the look on Vernon Dursley's face when/ if Harry brings home 2 wizarding friends... , however, Hermione wouldnt be that bad, since her parents are muggles, and she knows muggle society, but Ron on the other hand, well the Weasleys already met the Dursleys once or twice... . But yea, I still dont think Harry will get back into a realtionship again (dating, public displays of affection, etc...) untill the horcrux search is done, and untill Voldmort is gone. I still think this is because of what the prophecy said about how one cannont live while the other surives...I dont think Harry will have a very normal life untill Voldemort is destroyed, and that includes realationships. But yea, I do agree that they will have alot of contact throughout the year, because they might need Luna and Ginny and Nevilles help and such, so Ginny and Harry will keep in contact, and if what they had was real, it will continue on, and there feelings will last for each other.


__________________

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference
.

-Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken
 
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 8:15 pm.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Original content is Copyright © MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright © its respective owners.