Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Will Harry die in Book Seven? v4

Old January 19th, 2006, 4:57 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Will Harry die in Book Seven? v4

Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you to a brand new edition of arguable the most distressing and saddening thread on this very site

Version 3 can be found here for reference.

Carry on

Last edited by MadMagic; January 29th, 2007 at 8:05 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2006, 4:59 am
Second Year

Re: Will Harry Die In Book 7? #4

No, I don't believe he will die. I reckon he'll kill Voldemort.

Old January 19th, 2006, 5:12 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibro
No, I don't believe he will die. I reckon he'll kill Voldemort.
Agreed! haha

-Mike
Old January 19th, 2006, 10:02 pm
First Year

Oh, Voldemort will definitely be destroyed, but that doesn't meant that Harry will live. However, if Harry dies, I think it will defeat the message that love is the greatest power. Yes, Lily died for love, but you can also live for love, too.

At this point, Harry still has a lot of love to live for. He has the love of friends in Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, and others. He has the love of family in the Weasleys, and I think Petunia might surprise us (at least I hope she does). Finally, he has true love to live for - Ginny.

Old January 19th, 2006, 10:09 pm
Second Year

Can u guys just make a poll and get it over with!

Harry will die! but he wil die while fighting and in doing so shall defeat Voldemort.

This is like the most perfect ending to the story and I don't care what u say about ur

whole love is the greatest power ****!

But if by chance J.K. has a good day when she's writing this she may let him live.

_______

This is Bob he waits silently while all wage war on Bunny.
When all the forces are destoryed he shall come to take over the world. Unless there stilll alive.
Old January 19th, 2006, 10:13 pm
Seventh Year

I don't think he will. Firstly becuase the whole series has been about him surviving, and getting out of tight corners. If he died, it would be contradicting it's self. Secondly, JK isn't foolish enough to kill off Harry. Countless long time HP fans would probobly form an angry mob, and no one wants a mob after them, do they? Surely not.

Old January 19th, 2006, 10:19 pm
First Year

I don't think Harry will die in the seventh book. Nor do I think any of our other main characters, Hermione, Ron,Ginny, ect. will. But, then again, I for one did not expect Dumbledore's death in the sixth book, but that's just myself. However, if Harry did die, as a few others were saying as well, it wouldn't make much sense. If he was going to die in the end anyway, why drag it out for such a long series? I think if Harry was to die, in would've happened in the first book and would've been done and over with.

Old January 19th, 2006, 10:33 pm
First Year

I have no idea if he is going to die. I wouldn't be surpriised if he does but I personally am hoping he doesn't. If Harry doesn't die I think another main character will. Someones going! JK has to make a more interesting ending somehow.

Old January 20th, 2006, 12:03 am
Second Year

Good question. I'll write to Jo and ask her...

I'm kind of two-side opinionated on this -- I don't want him to die, but I have a bad feeling that he might. Let's hope J.K. keeps our hero out of the ghost realm.

Actually, I've heard some people say that the last book wouldn't be a Harry Potter novel without Harry -- problem solved.

Got rats?

Source: www.petrats.org

Show you care: hug a rattie today!!

Spoiler: show
'Wow' spelled backwards is 'wow'.
Old January 20th, 2006, 12:28 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Auror
I don't care what u say about ur

whole love is the greatest power ****!

But if by chance J.K. has a good day when she's writing this she may let him live.
That's the whole message of the books, that love trumps all. And also, Jo has had the story planned for years, I don't think she's about to change anything whether she "has a good day" or not.

Anyway, personally, I don't think he'll die. There's always the nagging feeling at the back of my head telling me there's reasons and hints from earlier books that she might kill him off, but I do think he'll be the boy who lives.

"You need your Inner Eye tested, if you ask me.
" - Ron Weasley

"I don't know where you learned about right and wrong, but you
seem to have missed a few crucial lessons." - Molly Weasley
Old January 20th, 2006, 12:33 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Star
That's the whole message of the books, that love trumps all. And also, Jo has had the story planned for years, I don't think she's about to change anything whether she "has a good day" or not.

Anyway, personally, I don't think he'll die. There's always the nagging feeling at the back of my head telling me there's reasons and hints from earlier books that she might kill him off, but I do think he'll be the boy who lives.
she does keep changing the ending of the last book. She says it's because people on the internet have came up with more interesting theories than she had. She might have thought 'ok harry will live!' but then read another theorie that was really good, but included harry dieing, so she changed it to that. or the other way round!

(\__/)
(O.O)
(> < )

Hail, Lord Bunnymort! We will paste you in our signatures to help you in your way to world domination!
Old January 20th, 2006, 12:35 am
Second Year

I don't think he will. He's destined to destroy Voldemort, but we're not sure how. It may be like Star Wars, Anakin Skywalker is destined to bring balance to the force, but in the process he turns to the dark side. Harry is destined to destroy Voldemort, but he may die in the process.

Old January 20th, 2006, 12:35 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamisChan
she does keep changing the ending of the last book. She says it's because people on the internet have came up with more interesting theories than she had. She might have thought 'ok harry will live!' but then read another theorie that was really good, but included harry dieing, so she changed it to that. or the other way round!
Really? I've never heard her say that? Can you show my the interveiw? I think it would be quite interesting!

I don't think he will die, but I don't think he will come out unharmed and unchanged. I think he will battle Voldy and defeat him, but I don't see how JK could possible just let him off scott free... I mean come on.

**Harry/Hermione shipper!!**

It just makes me happy

~Harry's girl through and through~

"His jaw dropped." - GoF, p. 414
Old January 20th, 2006, 12:37 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHYAgrl
Really? I've never heard her say that? Can you show my the interveiw? I think it would be quite interesting!
I've never read an interveiw. but quite a few times she's said it on TV. And i'm sure there is an interveiw, i just don't know where i'd find it

(\__/)
(O.O)
(> < )

Hail, Lord Bunnymort! We will paste you in our signatures to help you in your way to world domination!
Old January 20th, 2006, 12:39 am
First Year

I don't think Harry will die, but I don't think he'll kill Voldemort either. I hate feeling like that but I don't think Harry will be capable of killing him. Certainly, I think Harry would be strong enough, but I don't think our hero has it in him.

Old January 20th, 2006, 1:01 am
I want to believe

I also don't think Harry will die because I think he deserves to have a life after Voldemort is gone. I'd certainly like to see him be able to live more normally after he defeats Voldemort. In any case, I definitely believe he will indeed vanquish Voldemort in the end.

X-Files is the property of Ten Thirteen Productions, 20th Century Fox
WolfCloak30 Pottermore
Old January 20th, 2006, 1:05 am
First Year

no he wont

Old January 20th, 2006, 1:11 am
First Year

I think he might, and yet I think he won't. I'll just have to wait till #7 comes out to know the answer.

Old January 20th, 2006, 1:16 am
First Year

he may but i really hope that he wont die as that would be a really bad ending to the book. hero's arent meant to die

Old January 20th, 2006, 1:22 am
Third Year

I think it's most likely that it will end with the cliche of the hero defeating the villain and living happily ever after. This will not necesarily be boring or worn out because as we know J.K.R knows how to make things extraordinary. If he does die it will be to vanquish Voldemort and the result of some great plot-twist/complication that occurs during the course of Bk.7, an example being the 'Harry is a Horcrux' theory.

I believe that whatever happens, whether Harry lives or not, that in the end Voldemort will be vanquished and in that case Harry's sacrifice will not be in vain.

Harry/Hermione and Draco/Ginny
We're kinda glad they're not Canon.

HarryLovesHermione
DracoAndGinny
PORTKEY.ORG

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies