Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts

A Werewolf's First Love (A Marauders Tale)[all edited]

Old February 2nd, 2006, 9:23 pm
First Year

A Werewolf's First Love (A Marauders Tale)[all edited]

EDIT: To all Readers, this is the story that was formally know as 'Lily, James and Friends', because I felt that it is more Remus related, I have decided to change the title! Hope I didn't confuse you!

Disclaimer: I do not own JK Rowling's characters or setting, just using them for my own amusement.

Right I have decided to write a fanfic as I seem to read alot of it! I admit now that I am not a great writer, no matter what my English teacher said!

This is about, Remus and his first love at Hogwarts! Hope you like and please leave feedback here.
Right on with the story.

Chapter 1 – Reunions and an Agreement

It was the first of September and Lily Evans was waiting to get on the Hogwarts Express. It was to be her sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the finest magic school in Europe.

“Hey Lily!” Someone called out. Lily turned round to see Alice Jones rushing towards her. “Absolutely manic here isn’t it? How was your summer?”

“Alright, nothing much happened really, yours?” Replied Lily.

“You won’t believe my news!” Exclaimed Alice, “Come on! Lets get on board and I’ll tell you.” So the girls went on board and found an empty compartment. As soon as they were settled Alice burst forth her news, “You won’t believe who I got together with this summer!”

“Is it someone who happens to be called, oh I don’t know, Frank Longbottom?” Asked Lily.

“How did you know?” Pouted Alice. But Lily did not get her chance to answer as four boys, known as the Marauders, appeared, sliding back the compartment door.

“Hello ladies how you doin’?” James Potter, the ringleader of their group, asked, flashing his trademark, charming smile, which to Lily was his arrogant smile.

“We were fine before you turned up.” Lily answered back. James looked hurt and said,

“Come on Evans, aren’t you at least a bit please to see me?”

“Oh Potter you know you’re welcome, just as long as you behave!” Snapped Lily, “And no, I’m not please to see you, but the rest of you I am.”

“Ouch! That has to hurt Prongs!” Sirius barked laughing.

The four boys entered the compartment and sat down laughing at the comeback of Lily’s on James. James had a look of hurt on his face, ‘this year I am going to be your friend, if not more.’ After a while Laura Turner, Amy Johnson, Courtney Evers, Lily’s and Alice’s roommates, and Frank Longbottom joined them, and they all caught up with each other. James manoeuvred his way to sit by Lily and whispered in her ear.

“Can you at least give me a chance Lily, as a friend?” Lily turned to look at him and felt a jolt in her stomach.

“Alright! But JUST as FRIENDS.” She whispered back.

The train had come to a stop and Lily, her friends, Alice, Laura, Amy and Courtney, the Marauders and Frank made their way off the train towards the carriages that would take them up to the school. Funnily enough they all manage to squeeze in. Alice sat on Frank, Laura on Remus, Amy, unfortunately, ended up on Peter, Courtney on Sirius, and Lily? Where else? Sat on James. Once they made it to the castle they all tumbled out and went into the great hall. They all sat down and watched the sorting, once it finished Dumbledore stood up.

“Great! I’m starved!” Said Sirius.

“Welcome!” Said Dumbledore, “I trust you all had a good holiday and are eager to learn, but first, the feast!” And as always the tables were magically loaded with food and everyone tucked in. When everyone has finished Dumbledore stood up once again.

“Now that we are all fed I have some announcements.” The hall went quiet. “The forbidden Forest is strictly out of bounds to all students, and Mr Filch has asked me to remind you all that there is to be no magic in the corridors and that there is a list on his door of joke objects which are banned from school. Well that’s all, and it is now time for bed, so chop! Chop! Off you go!”

There was a sound of many benches scraping on the floor as everyone got up to go to bed. Lily and Remus went to help lead the first years to the Gryffindor Common Room. They show them to their respective dorms and sank down into the chairs by the fire with their friends.

“What time is it?” Lily asked.

“10 o’clock.” Replied Remus, not looking up from his book that he just picked up.

“I’m stuffed!” cried out Sirius.

Courtney looks at Sirius with her eyebrow raised before saying, - “Well, that’s hardly surprising, seeing how you ate almost everything there was.” There was a round of laughter, and then everyone had a game of exploding snap before heading off to bed.

So or ? Let me know!! feedback link is at top of page! Thanks!!

Proud member of the Insane Beki Posse!Club Nick!And Captain of the S.S Switzerland Cookie and the Cookie Monster! Read Always Remember What You Can't Forget and A Mild Shade of Perfection by beki14 to understand!(also read the feedback, I wish you good fortune finding what you are looking for...)

Please feel free to read my fanfic A Werewolf's First Love (A Marauders Tale) and leave feedback here!
See my homepage!
The Time Turner a great RP site. Please make sure that if you want to be a canon character that you check it isn't already taken thank you!

Last edited by Lowrie; November 6th, 2006 at 7:25 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2006, 8:59 pm
First Year

Re: Lily,James and Friends

Right, I 'm I not good to you lot? A new post up already! You know the deal, please leave feedback:http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=83758

Rightly'o on with the story.

Chapter Two – An Unexpected Surprise

The next morning when Lily, Alice, Laura, Amy and Courtney went down to breakfast, they found the Marauders looking at them with great big grins upon their faces.

“Wit is du so happy aboot dis morning, its ony da furst day.” Asked Laura.

“If anything they already put their first prank of the year into action!” Lily said jokingly.

“No, that is not true!” Exclaimed James, “if you really want to know read this!” James shoved the girls’ timetables to them and let them read through them.

“Oh good! We’ve a new defence against the Dark Arts teacher!” Cried out Amy, “I wonder what this Professor Turner is like?”

“Oh! Did I furget tae tell de? Its me Mam!” Laura looked around at the startled faces. You see, although Laura has been friends with the girls for six years, they have never met her mum due to the fact she was away a lot.

“So we finally get to meet the elusive mother.” Sirius said in a mysterious tone.

“Yep, sooner than you think as I believe we all get her after breakfast!” Said Courtney, looking up from her timetable.

“Right settle down class!” Professor Turner shouted as she walked into the classroom. “Welcome to NEWT Defence Against the Darks Arts class, and I hope that you will all work hard.” She paused to look around at the students, nodded slightly when she saw Laura and her friends. “My name is Professor Turner, and I was an Auror, so you better watch what you do!” Professor Turner winked at the class as she said this. “Today I think we’ll just get to know each other, when I call out your name I want you to tell the class about yourself, and why you have chosen to take this class.” She took another look around the class, and looked at the register, “Lily Evans?”,,,

“Your Mum is great Laura! I still can’t believe that she let us do that!” Alice mentioned when they left the classroom.

”Yeah! And I like the sound of what she is planning on doing.” Said James, “what are you all in next, I’m in Charms.”

”And me!” Said Lily shocked.

“And me, as well as Alice, and I believe Sirius there is as well no?” Courtney pointed out. Sirius stopped laughing as she said this.

“Euhh… Yeah, that’s right.” They all split up and made their way to their respective classes.

Throughout the whole day Lily kept getting surprised that James was in all her classes; DADA, Charms; Potions and Transfiguration. Only when she got into Arithmancy did she find a break from James. Later that evening she asked her friends what they thought about this.

“Why is James doing this to me!” Lily cried out that night. “I wasn’t expecting to spend my whole year with James!”

“Du never ken, du might graw tae lik him.” Mumbled Laura from the corner, only Amy heard this and burst out laughing, quickly turning into a cough as she spotted Lily glowering at her.

“You do know that James wants to be an auror right, and to become one he has to do those classes?” Suggested Alice.

“Alice is right you know,” said Courtney, “all this is just a coincidence.” Realization dawned on Amy’s face.

“Oh my God! Guys you know how the boys were all grinning like clowns this morning?” Amy looked around at her friends nodding, “This was what I think it was about!”

“Oh when I get hold of that Potter tomorrow!” Whispered Lily with hate.

"Now Lily, please think about this!" Said Amy, "Laura is right, you never know, you just might get to like James!"

"Yeah! I mean, come on, you’re just being stubborn!" Backed up Courtney.

"Oh, yeah, what about you and Sirius then?!" Shot back Lily. But Lily knew she was being stubborn, it just comes from hating James for all these years!

"That’s completely different and you know it!" Courtney shouted back.

"I have to agree with the girls Lily." Alice said. Lily's face dropped, she was expecting Alice, her best friend, to stick up for her! She turned to Laura.

"Well, what about you?"

"Oh nea! du is nae pullin’ me intae dis!" Replied Laura. Laura remained quiet about her thoughts of this. She has been watching Lily for the past two years, and though Lily did not know it, Laura knew that Lily was softening, growing to like James, but Lily just won't give him a chance! Besides, she had problems of her own. She did, however, remind Lily of her agreement with James on the train.

"Oh alright then!" Lily gave up. "I have promised Potter -", the girls shot her a look, "JAMES, that chance." The girls all heaved a big sigh. "However, if he asks me out just once during the year, I'll break it off!"

Meanwhile, on the other side of the tower, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter were talking about the girls.

"Was it me or was Lily upset with me today?" Asked James. Sirius, to whom James addressed, was daydreaming. James noticed that he was doing this a lot lately. "Hey! Padfoot!" Still no answer. "Are you with us!" Poke.

"Ouch!! What were you saying?!"

"Never mind, who were you thinking about?"

"Courtney." Ever since third year Sirius was smitten with Courtney, now he thought himself to be in love. At that moment he was thinking about the train trip and how close they got to one another.

"Ah! I should of known!" Said James, he turned to Remus, "How about you Moony, you've being quiet lately."

"Yep, thinking about Laura I should think." Commented Sirius. Remus turned, very slightly, pink and hid behind his book. The thing was, Sirius was right, he was thinking about Laura. However, he knew that no matter how close he got to Laura, he would not be able to tell her his secrete, and he would not be able to live with that.

The week passed by with not a lot happening, but there were changes. The Sixth years were given ALOT of homework. Lily, after realising that her friends were right, treated James in a friendly manner and never said a bad thing to him all week. James NEVER asked Lily out once. Alice was always away with Frank, only seeing her friends at dinner or when doing homework. Courtney and Sirius were now openly flirting with one another. Despite Remus's better judgement, and to the delight of Laura they got closer. Amy and Peter? They just went about their usual business.

Proud member of the Insane Beki Posse!Club Nick!And Captain of the S.S Switzerland Cookie and the Cookie Monster! Read Always Remember What You Can't Forget and A Mild Shade of Perfection by beki14 to understand!(also read the feedback, I wish you good fortune finding what you are looking for...)

Please feel free to read my fanfic A Werewolf's First Love (A Marauders Tale) and leave feedback here!
See my homepage!
The Time Turner a great RP site. Please make sure that if you want to be a canon character that you check it isn't already taken thank you!

Last edited by Lowrie; November 6th, 2006 at 3:47 pm.
Old February 6th, 2006, 7:09 pm
First Year

Please leave feedback the link is in my sig!

See my homepage!

Last edited by Lowrie; November 6th, 2006 at 4:42 pm.
Old February 13th, 2006, 4:19 pm
First Year

Chapter 3 - Hogsmeade

It was now October and the sixth years were getting very excited about two things. One was that a Hogsmeade weekend was coming up, and two; Dumbledore had announced that a Halloween ball would take place the following week after Hogmeade.

The girls were very, very excited as they could go shopping and turn up to the ball in stunning dresses. The boys however only had one thing in mind and that was whom they were taking.

The boys were discussing this as soon as the news came out. “So… any plans on who you’re taking?” Asked James.

“Courtney.” Said Sirius seriously.

“Lily. How bout you Moony? Planning to take anyone?” Said James.

“I don’t know, I was thinking about Laura…”Replied Remus.

The girls on the other hand had different plans. “Right we’re definitely going shopping right?” Asked Lily, taking charge of their emergency meeting.

“Yeah, but can we do it in the morning, cause I have a date with Frank?” Asked Alice.

“OK then! We‘re shopping in the morning then going our own ways, kay?” Said Lily.

“Good, it means that we get to pick out the most stunning dress, and go out.” Stated Courtney.

The next morning, the day before Hogmeade, the boys asked the girls if they would like to go to Hogmeade. Sirius asked Courtney and she agreed to see him at lunchtime, the same went with Remus and Laura. James on the other hand had a problem. Whenever he went to ask Lily if she wanted to go with him - just as friends mind, as Laura had warned him about Lily’s statement – she ran off. Alice as you know had a date with Frank, and a Ravenclaw who was in her Herbology class asked Amy. It wasn’t until Potions, last thing that James managed to talk to Lily.

“Err, Lily?” Said James as he poured an ingredient into the potion they were doing.

“James no! Its too early to put that in yet!” Exclaimed Lily as she stopped James, “What is it?” She asked after James apologised.

“DoyouwanttogotoHogmeadewithme?” James replied really quickly.

“What was that?”

“ Do you want to go to Hogmeade with me? – Just as friends you know?” Repeated James. Lily thought about it – well I have got nothing else to do, and all the girls got dates… - James face dropped when he thought Lily was going to say no…

“ OK, I’ve got nothing better to do, meet you at lunch?” Lily watched James face light up, “I’ll take that as a yes shall I?”

The next morning the girls were getting ready for their dates. “Lily I can’t believe that you’re going to Hogmeade with James!” Courtney said as she pulled her long black hair up into ponytail. Courtney wore black jeans along with a blue top with a demin over the top.

“We’re just going as friends, beside we have something in common.” Backed up Lily, pushing Courtney out of the way to put her hair up in a half ponytail. Wearing a pair of black trousers, green jumper – which matched her eyes perfectly – with her leather jacket over the top, she looked as though she was trying to impress.

“Oh! So dat’s why du’s dressed lik dat den.” Stated Laura, her medium length blond hair in two French plaits, wearing knee-length skirt, lilac top and a long black coat.

“Ha ha very funny my name’s bugs bunny!” Shot Lily. She laughed at the weird looks she was getting. “So, are we ready then?”

“Wait, what do you and James have in common?” Asked Alice.

“Our friends have left us.” Replied Lily.

“Are you going to tell us what that “ha ha, bugs bunny” thing means?” Asked Amy.

“It’s a muggle thing.” Replied Lily.

So the girls headed off to Hogmeade and spent the morning looking for the perfect dress for one another. Courtney and Amy found one straight away as they both had brilliant figures, and as the two were so alike they decided on the same dress but different colours. Alice took care into choosing her dress and in the end she chose a sliming dress. Laura, not really the shopping kind of girl, threw herself to the mercy of her friends and they chose the perfect dress for her, but one that she liked as well. Lily took the longest as she tried to find something that wouldn’t clash with her auburn hair. She was looking lost when the shopkeeper noticed and went trough to the back to bring out the most perfect dress there ever was. Lily fell in love with and she bought it there and then along with the other girls.

The boys, dieing of boredom, spent the morning stocking up on ‘supplies’ for their pranks.

The lasses and lads met up at the Three Broomsticks for lunch and had a laugh at the spectacle the boys were making to try to see the girls’ dresses. They didn’t do very well. After Madame Rosmerta threw them out for disrupting the crowd, they all went their own ways. Amy went with her date, the Ravenclaw. Sirius and Courtney went off to find a ‘quiet’ place to go. Laura and Remus headed off in the direction of the Shrieking Shack, for goodness knows what reason (!). Peter went back to the school and Lily and James were left on their own.

“So…” said James after an awkward silence, “What do you want to do?”

“I don’t know,” replied Lily, “want to go to Honeydukes? My mum’s birthday’s coming up and I promised I’d get her some of their best chocolate.”

“Yeah, OK then.” Agreed James.

And so they went to Honeydukes and had fun picking out sweets for Lily’s mum. Once they had done so they had great time going through the blood lollypops and Cockroach Clusters in order to get back at their friends for leaving them!!

By the time they had finished it was getting dark and so they decided to head back up to the school, laughing and each other’s jokes along the way.

Later that night the girls were all talking about their dates.

“My God! Sirius is great you know?” Said Courtney as she flopped down on her bed. “He was perfectly willing to talk but –“

“Let me guess, du didna hae tae right?” Teased Laura.

“Right!” Agreed Courtney, completely oblivious to Laura’s tone of sarcasticness.

“How was your date, Laura, with Remus?” Asked Lily, before Courtney could say anymore about Sirius, as she was getting fed up with it.

“Oh, it wis good.” Replied Laura.

“Well… What did you do, anything exciting?!” Asked Amy.

Laura blushed ever so slightly before saying, “ Nuthing much really, just talked.”

“Oh right, you just ‘talked’, I don’t believe you.” Stated Courtney. Laura opened her mouth to reply to Courtney’s comment; Alice seeing this quickly changed the subject.

“Lily, how were you with James, I must admit though I was surprised to see him see in one piece!”

“Yeah I was fine we had a laugh,” Replied Lily, “it went better than I thought. James was not the usual big-headed prat he normally is!”

”See! Told you he wisna tae bad!” Exclaimed Laura, “Du just needed tae gae him a chance!”

“Yes alright, I surrender, you were right!” Said Lily.
Sorry but thats all I can think of at the moment I post later when I have some more. Feedback please Moo!

See my homepage!

Last edited by Lowrie; November 6th, 2006 at 3:52 pm.
Old February 14th, 2006, 10:07 pm
First Year

Chapter 4 – The Halloween Ball

After Lily and James outing to Hogsmeade they became friends. This was due basically to the fact that their friends were too busy with one another. There was just three days left until the Halloween ball takes place and although Lily and James both got asked they both said no. James was waiting for the opportune moment to ask Lily, and Lily just wanted to go by herself, free to have fun rather than being held up by a date.

The boys were all outside, underneath their favourite tree, discussing the ball, or rather James lack of date for the ball.

“So Prongie, when are you going to ask someone, the good girls won’t be around any longer you know!” Joked Sirius.

“Padfoot you know he’s waiting for the right moment to ask Lily.” Remus said quietly.

“I don’t know if I will go with anyone to be honest guys,” replied James, “Lily going by herself I heard, so I might do the same.”

The others looked at him, shocked, this wasn’t like James, he always had to have a date to a big event like this.

“Wh… what?!” Said Sirius, “James are you feeling alright?”

“Yeah… Why?” Asked James.

“Because this is not you mate, I can’t see you NOT going with someone.” Replied Sirius. James had a Sirius look on his face, but Remus notice the glint on mischief in James eyes.

“What are you planning James?”

“Oh nothing…” Replied James.

It was Friday the day of the Halloween Ball, and the teachers had little control over forth years and above, as everyone was overexcited. The day seemed to of had gone by slowly for the sixth year Gryfindors and they could not wait until school was over so they could get ready. It was last period and Charms, making the day even longer due to the suspense. Professor Flickwick was going over notes so those in the class just wrote notes to one another.

Bold- Courtney
Italic – Lily
Bold/Italic - Alice

Lily, are you sure you won’t go with anyone? I mean James is still available, you could go with him. Surprised he hasn’t got someone already!

I agree with Court, Lils, its just uncool to turn up without a date, seeing as everyone, but you and James, has one.

Yeah, I have to admit that I am surprised as well, but no I won’t go with him and no one else for that matter.

OK, fine, be stubborn, but if he asks you will you?

No.

I don’t believe you.

Me too.

While this was taking place Sirius and James were arguing about James being dateless.

Underline – Sirius
Underline/Italic – James

Mate you need to go with someone, so please ask Lily and get it over with.

No I won’t, besides she’ll most likely say no.

Can you blame me for worrying about your reputation?

Yes.

Fine, I dare you.

To what?

Ask Lily out.

No, I won’t do it!

Do it or I’ll blackmail you about a certain dream you had, Lily will be interested in that, no?

Fine! I’ll do it!

[U Lilywillyoucometotheballwithme?[/u]

James can you please use spaces and write more clearly, the only part I made out was the ?.

Lily, will you come to the ball with me?

Lily read the note and passed it on to Courtney and Alice, asking them what shall she do. She needn’t have bothered; she knew what they’d say. So she wrote.

OK, fine..

Though it spread like wildfire that James was not going to the ball with anyone, it was worse, if that’s possible, when they found out that Lily of all girls had agreed to go with James of all boys. How did this happen? Lily told her friends and James told his and between Courtney and Sirius, the two blabbermouths, made sure that everyone knew.

The school day was over and the girls were all panicking over the fact that they only had three hours to get ready as the ball starts at six o’clock that evening. The boys on the other hand weren’t, well apart from James, but it was for a different reason than the girls. Due to Sirius’s persisting that James go with someone he had to change his plans slightly. Meanwhile the girls were fighting over the bathroom, the “first one in goes first “ rule was not working out so Amy came up with the “name in the hat” way of getting things done. Lily had the advantage of going first and so ran in and locked the door before anyone complained. Ten minutes later she came out and Laura rushed in.

“How do you think I should wear my hair?” Lily asked.

“How about curling it slightly and then twist bits back from the head?” Suggested Courtney.

“Yeah, that sounds nice! Try it!” Said Alice.

Laura came out and so Courtney went shooting past her.

“God I thought she wis aboot tae motor me dere!” Commented Laura to the laughter of her friends.

Meanwhile the boys were taking their showers, or at least trying to. James and Sirius at that moment were stuck in the doorway with Remus in the bathroom pulling on James while Peter was in the room pulling on Sirius.

“Right, Peter on the count of three, pull as hard as you can OK.” Said Remus. Peter nodded. “OK, One… Two… Three.” Peter and Remus both pulled and James fell on top of Remus and Sirius on Peter.

“Woo! Right I’m in first!” Shouted Sirius and he push both Remus and James out of the bathroom and locked the door before they said anything.

“Should have seen that one coming!” Exclaimed James, who also wanted the shower first. Why the pair of them got stuck in the first place!

Soon the boys were ready half an hour before the ball begins and were waiting for the girls to hurry up. The girls were putting the final touches on and were deciding the best way to go out to the boys.

James, Peter, Remus and Sirius all heard a door open from the girl’s side. Amy and Courtney were the first two to come down the stairs. The pair of them wore the exact same dress, one long sleeve down Amy’s left, as she was on the right, one long sleeve down Courtney’s right, as she was in the left. Their dresses were simple but showed off their figures beautifully, and reached knee length, showing off their long, slender legs. Amy was in light blue, which set off her eyes, while Courtney was dressed in a night blue, which went well with her black hair. Both of them had their hair straight with a side parting, held back with the same coloured clip to match their dresses.

“Sirius my dear, you’ll want to shut up that mouth of yours, its hardly becoming.” Courtney commented as she saw him, Sirius shut his mouth before opening it again to say:

“Courtney my dear, may I say you look riveting tonight?”

“Why thank you.” Replied Courtney.

The next two down were Laura and Alice. Alice wore a full length, pastel pink dress that had subtle frills for the skirt and short frilled sleeves. The torso was smooth silk and the whole dress showed off her curves. Her hair was curled slightly. Laura wore a passionate red, silk dress with a layer over it; the fabric of which folded in a curved semi-circle at the neck, it had no sleeves. Her hair was wavy and pinned back from her face.

“Well you girls certainly know how to make an entrance don’t you?” Commented James. “Where’s Lily pray tell?”

“Dunna worry James, she’s cumin,” replied Laura, giving Remus a kiss.

They all heard the door open, footsteps on the stair, they turned to see Lily descending. The lot of them stared, gob smacked at her. She came down, in an emerald, free-flowing dress, her train falling gracefully behind her. On the torso she had an Art Nouveau styled flower pattern done in sequins. Her hair was down in a side parting, flicked up from her shoulders, her fringe held back by an emerald clip. The whole thing set off her eyes wonderfully. She looked around at them nervously.

Remus was the first one to speak – “Well now shall we all head down?” He gave Laura his arm and led them all out.

James moved towards Lily. “May I say you look beautiful tonight?”

“Why thank you James, you may.” Replied Lily.

“You look beautiful Lily.” He handed Lily his arm and led her down to the hall.

“So much for my suggestion for her hair.” Commented Courtney to Laura.

“Yeah weel, I think dat wud o complicated her simple outfit.” Replied Laura.

“Yep,” joined Amy, “so I suggested she should do what she did instead.”

They all reached the entrance hall and joined the queue.

Lily was having the time of her life with James, despite the looks she got from the girls and the whispers of, ‘but she doesn’t even like him!’ The pair of them danced, and Lily was pleasantly surprised to find James was a good dancer. They laughed and talked, and really got to know one another.

“…Then guess what he did next?” James asked Lily.

“Oh I don’t know! What did he do James?” Said Lily, hardly controlling herself for laughing.

“Well after I so rudely woke Peter, he tried to dry himself, only he got the pronunciation wrong, and instead turned his nose into a turnip!” Laughed James, Lily laughed along with him. Lily looked up to find Alice coming towards her and indicting that she wanted to talk to her. Lily got the message and excused herself from James, and went with Alice.

“What’s up?” Asked Lily when they were alone.

“Hold on, I’m waiting for the others, we have something to ask you.” Replied Alice, looking around for the other girls. Lily saw Laura and Courtney coming towards them.

“Ok Alice, what have you called an emergency meeting for?” Asked Courtney once Amy arrived.

“Well,” replied Alice, “its to do with Lily.’

“Wait, what about me?” Asked Lily, worriedly.

“Right, are you, Lily Evans, falling for James Potter?” Asked Alice. The other girls turned towards Alice; dumbstruck that she would ask such a question, however Laura was looking at Lily, waiting to see if Lily would be true to herself, to see if she can see that she likes James.

Lily turned away from them all. ‘I’m I falling for him?’ She asked herself. ‘Well he is so different now, he is not the prat he normally is.’ She turns back to the girls, “I wouldn’t go so far as to say I am falling for James, but I would say that I like him.” She said carefully. Laura still looking at Lily smiled a secret little smile. Lily noticed it and thought, ‘I must have a word with her.’

“Weeee!” Screamed Courtney, “I am so excited! I can’t believe you are finally taking down those fences you put up and accepting James! I have to tell Sirius!”

“Oh no you don’t!” Said Lily, “ I don’t want anyone knowing, got it!”

‘Fine then.” Pouted Courtney, “I won’t tell anyone.” And with that they all headed back to their dates.

Lily, walking back towards her table where James was, saw that he was talking to the other Marauders, as she got closer she overheard what the were saying.

“… Its all in place right?” James was saying. “Nothing can go wrong.”

“Yes its all in place, nothing should go wrong.’ Replied Sirius.

“What do you mean by ‘should’?” Asked James.

“Well it is a difficult thing to do you know.” Answered Remus, “Look here comes Lily, see you James.”

“Good luck mate.” Murmured Sirius, then they both went off. James smiled at Lily before asking:

“Would you like to dance?”

“Yeah, sure.” Replied Lily, and they both went to the dance floor.

They were half way through the song when they heard a loud BANG! go off. Lily looked up to where it was coming from and got quite a shock at what she saw. Coming down towards her was a waterfall of slime, and spat! It covered her from head to toe. Above her she saw the words ‘James l’. She turned towards him and shouted, “I hate you Potter!” And ran out of the hall, not noticing Sirius hitting Peter over the head.

************************************************** *******************************

There you go! Aren't I good to you lot? I think I desvere feedback, don't you? Any questions, like 'what on earth is going on?' or 'what on earth in Laura saying?' go to the feedback.

See my homepage!

Last edited by Lowrie; November 6th, 2006 at 4:03 pm.
Old February 22nd, 2006, 8:50 pm
First Year

Hey there sorry for the delay but I can't think where to go with my story- well I have ideas its just getting them down thats the problem! You will have to wait a bit longer because I am going to Sweden!! woo hoo!! If your lucky I may get a small one up tomorrow, but I'm not making any promisises!

Thanks for your patience!

Lowrie

See my homepage!
Old March 12th, 2006, 7:37 pm
First Year

Chapter 5 - The Aftermath

It had been a month and Lily still hadn’t forgiven James for that stunt he pulled. Her friends were getting fed up with her moaning about it they decided that one of them must talk to her. They all thought that Courtney would get on her nerves, as well as Alice as they were both infatuated with Sirius and Frank. Amy was also out of the question, as she will most likely crack a joke at a time like this, which Lily will not appreciate. So the task fell to Laura, who was the most caring of them all and unlikely to upset Lily too much. Laura sighed and headed to the girls dorm to see Lily.

“Lily?” Asked Laura as she entered the dorm.

“Go away.” Came the muffled sound of Lily’s voice. Laura closed the door behind her and went towards Lily’s bed, pulled the curtain across and sat beside Lily.

“Lily, du kens dus gaing tae hae tae *** oot sometime right?” There was no answer. “OK den let everywan think dat du loves James, cos dat’s wit it looks lik.” That got a response as Lily came out from under her covers and sat up to face Laura.

“Is that what people think of me?” Asked Lily, “Do they really think that I love James?”

“Yep!” Replied Laura, “So wits du going tae do aboot it?”

“I don’t know, what do you think?”

“I think dat du should get oot fae under dere and join wis, die friends, dat should stop folk making up rumours aboot du.” Replied Laura.

“I guess,” said Lily.

“I ken! Noo ***,on lets go, da lasses are waiting.” Said Laura, getting up and heading towards the door.

“No, Laura wait!” Cried Lily, Laura stopped and turned to face Lily.

“Wit?”

“I want to ask you something, sit back down.” Laura came and sat back down next to Lily. “Do you remember at the Halloween Ball, and Alice asking me if I was falling for James?” Laura nodded, and so Lily continued, “I think I may have made a mistake.”

“Mistake?” Asked Laura.

“ Yeah, to be honest, I think I might love him.” Laura smiled that secret little smile of hers.

“Weel dat wud explain why du is so put oot by dis, the Lily I ken never lets James Potter upset her!”

“I guess you‘re right! I wouldn’t have done!” Laughed Lily, “And you did it again!”

“I did wit?” Asked Laura.

“That secret little smile of yours, looking as though you know something! You did at the Ball as well! Why do you do that?”

“Wudn’t du lik tae ken?” Said Laura playfully.

“Yes I wud lik tae ken!” Mimicked Lily.

“Du really dunna ken does du?” Lily shook her head.

Lily waited. “Well?”

Weel… du sees I hae always thought du haed liked James, weel since third year onywa.” Laura said. “And so I’ve been watching du, waiting for du tae figure it oot!”

“And now that I have what should I do?” Lily looked agitated, unsure of herself, of her feelings.

“How shud I ken? Its up to du!” Exclaimed Laura.

“I think we should keep it between us for now.” Lily said thoughtfully, “Until I have sorted my mind out anyway.”

“Kay, noo, is du ready to *** doonstairs noo?” Asked Laura.

“Yep!” Lily cried getting off the bed and heading out of the door. Laura stayed a moment, smiling that secret little smile of hers…

The other girls heard a door open and turned towards the stairs. A first year came down. They went back to what they were discussing. Lily.

“This is so not like Lily. She normally never gets upset, just mad when James does something like that.” Commented Courtney.

“Yeah, she tends to rant for half the night, and when we’ve just had enough of her, she turns rounds and begins to laugh!” Reflected Amy.

“Quiet guys! The Trouble Twins are coming!” Hissed Alice, as James and Sirius were walking towards them.

“Hey ladies!” Said Sirius, sitting down next to Courtney and giving her a kiss. James just sat down with a flump and sighed.

“What’s up with you James?” Amy asked. However James didn’t get the chance to answer as they heard a door open and saw Lily bounding down the stairs. The girls got up and ran up to her and gave her a hug.

“Glad to see that you’ve decided to join us again Lils! Cried Alice.

“Glad to be back!” Smiled Lily.

“So where’s Laura? Where’s the miracle worker?” Asked Amy.

“I don’t know.” Replied Lily, “I thought she was right behind me.” She turned round and saw Laura standing next to Remus, smiling that secret little smile of hers…

The next few days were filled back to normal, well, nearly. Lily still hasn’t forgiven James, she kept putting it off, and James was still looking sad as he walked class-to-class, breakfast to dinner to tea, and every moment to every moment. Sirius was getting irritated, as every time he tried to cheer James up it never worked, so he gave up on him and spent more time with Courtney, planning…

A week had passed, and Lily and James had still not met and talked out their differences. It wasn’t until Friday, when Lily was doing her rounds, and James was wandering round the castle as he had taken to do lately, that they happened to, somehow, get locked into a cupboard on the forth floor…

There you that should do you for now! Please tell me what you think here:http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=83758.
TTFN

See my homepage!

Last edited by Lowrie; November 6th, 2006 at 4:08 pm.
Old March 12th, 2006, 10:10 pm
First Year

Chapter 6 – Make-ups, Break-ups and Quidditch!

“Sirius! You get back here now!”

“You’re going to pay for this when get out of here Courtney!” Yelled both James and Lily after trying every spell they knew to unlock the door, but Sirius and Courtney were having none of it.

“Not until the pair of you have worked things out!” Sirius said from the other side of the door.

“We’ll come back in a couple of hours to let you out, we promise.” Replied Courtney.

“Well you better, or there’ll be **** to pay!” Shouted James to the receding footsteps of Courtney and Sirius. James turned round, picked up a bucket and slammed to over and sat on it. Lily turned towards him, and for the first time saw how James really was. However, she was not going to speak to him until he apologized.
James looked straight at Lily, seeing her strike the pose that she often did when she was mad at him, he sighed before saying,

“I’m sorry Lily, sorry that my little surprise for you backfired.” Lily looked into James eyes, and saw sincerity in them. She relaxed, turned a box upside down and sat down next to him with a smile.

“You’re forgiven.” Said Lily, “On one condition.”

“What’s that?”

“Never, ever do something like that again!” She said in a quite, threatening tone, “Or I may kill you.” She finished conversationally.

“Deal!” James laughed, and so Lily and became friends again. They hugged, and as they came apart James leaned in, and just before his lips made contact with hers, Lily turned her head, and instead he caught her cheek…

Laura was in the Common Room with Remus, wondering where Lily had got to as Remus has finished his prefect rounds, so should had Lily. However she was nowhere to be seen, neither, for that matter was James. She knew that Alice was with Frank, she’s hardly with anyone else, Amy was in the library, finishing off homework, and Courtney was with Sirius at the other end of the Common Room. Well that was before she saw them getting up and leaving.

“Where dus du thinks Lily haed gone? She wis supposed tae meet up wi me.” Laura interrupted Remus from his reading.

“I do not know, and on that note, have you seen James lately? I’m getting worried about him.” Replied Remus. Laura never got the chance to answer, as that moment the two in question entered the Common Room, together.

The rest of the week went by peacefully, well almost… Laura and Remus were going through a bit of a rough patch. One day Laura was sitting in a corner doing homework when Remus walked in, looking slightly worse for wear, he had a gash across his cheek and had many bruises. Laura, naturally worried about him asked:

“Wit happened tae du?! Is du alright?! Of course dus not look at du! I must git du tae da hosp-” Remus grasped Laura and interrupted her, kindly saying:

“Laura! Calm down! I’m fine, there’s really no reason to be worried about me.”

“I dunna ken boot dat!” Laura cried, “Dis has being going on for a weel noo! Ah yes!” Said Laura as Remus showed signs of interrupting, “I’ve noticed! Noo is du gaing tae tell me wits gaing on? Please, I’m worried boot du.’’ She finished. Remus looked towards to floor before answering.

“No, I’m sorry but I can’t. I can’t risk hurting you.” Laura looked at him, taking his chin in her hand; she tenderly lifted it up to face her.

“Remus, dus gaing tae hurt me mare by nae telling me. Whatever it is I’ll understand,” Laura whispered, “Even if dus a Werewolf I couldn’t care less.” She added jokingly, “I love you.” Tears coming to both Laura’s and Remus’s eyes they came together in a tender embrace, deepening into a tender kiss. Remus pulled away.

“I am so sorry my perrie jewel, but I can’t.” And with that last statement he moved away, leaving Laura alone, devastated…

It was the week before the Christmas holidays, and Laura and Remus were not the most excited of the group. The girls couldn’t understand why, and how this had happened, as Laura was not giving anything away. Needless to say the boys knew exactly why Remus broke up with Laura, but they don’t see why being a werewolf should stop him, they thought that Laura would understand the most out of all the girls in Hogwarts. However this was not to be as Remus was being steadfastly stubborn and wanted no more but to get on with his work… and the pranks.
The holidays came and went and the Sixth years were getting their heads down to work as the teachers were piling more and more work on them in preparation to the end of year tests in June. The group were all in the Common Room trying to get through their mountain of homework when Sirius decided to let off some steam.

“Why are they doing this to us! The tests aren’t till the end of the year! We’ve got plenty of time to revise!”

“Not really Sirius,” interjected Lily, “we’ve only got five months!”

“Like I said, plenty of time.”

“Will you shut up, and can someone tell me the correct way to prune a Devils Snare? I can’t quite remember.” Asked Alice.

“Yeah, umm… you stand way back from it and use the incantation ‘incisionnedo’.” Replied Laura.

“Oh… Right.” Alice said absentmindedly.

You all ready to see Gryfinndor beat Ravenclaw tomorrow?” Asked James. The rest of the group murmured their assent half-heartedly before returning to their work.

“Can’t wait to see your plan put into action!” Peter cried.

“Peter! You dunce!” Said James while Sirius hit him over the back of the head. Lily was instantly suspicious.

“What are you lot up to?” She asked, looking at them wearily, the rest of them turned around to listen in.

“Nothing!” Replied James, “what makes you think we’re up to something?”

“Because I know you to well when it comes to this.” Lily said matter-of–fact.

“HELLO, AND WELCOME TO THE SEMI-FINAL MATCH OF THE SEASON BETWEEN GRYFINDOR AND RAVENCLAW.” The stadium rang with the sound of many shouts. “I AM RICHARD BONES, YOUR COMMENTOR FOR THIS MATCH, AND SO LETS MEET THE GRYFINDOR TEAM, THE FAVOURITES TO WIN THE CUP THIS YEAR, AND IF THEY WIN THIS MATCH THEY WILL BE PLAYING SLYTHERIN!” Most of the crowd cheered as the Gryfinndor team shot out. “HERE’S MCLAGGEN, KEEPER, BLACK AND PEAKES, BEATERS, JOHNSON, ROBINS AND TURNER, THE THREE LOVELY CHASERS AANNDDD POTTER, SEEKER AND CAPTAIN!

“ AND GIVE IT UP FOR THE RAVENCLAWS! HERE’S CHANG, SEEKER, SMITH AND LEWIS, BEATERS, SIMPSON, KEEPER, ROBERTS, GIFFORD AND MILLER, THE CHASERS AND MILLER AS THE CAPTAIN!”

There was a cheer from Ravenclaw and Slytherin as the Ravenclaw team made their way out to the stadium. Madam Hooch brought the crate that carries the balls to the middle of the pitch and released them, got the captains to shake hands, then released the Quaffle.

“LET THE GAME BEGIN!

“LAURA TURNER FOR GRYFINNDOR SNATCHES THE QUAFFLE NARROWLY MISSING GIFFORD, SHE MAKES HER WAY TOWARDS THE POSTS… WHOA! SHE JUST PASSES TO ROBINS BEFORE THAT BLUGDER ALMOST HIT HER! ROBINS PASSES IT BACK TO TURNER WITH AN AMAZING PORSKOFF PLOY, I HAVEN’T SEEN IT BEING DONE THAT WELL SINCE FOREVER! TURNER THEN PASSES IT TO JOHNSON, SHE GOES TO SCORE… OHH THE QUAFFLE IS INTERCEPTED BY MILLER WHO REVERSE PASSES TO ROBERTS… GOD THAT HAS TO HURT, BLACK WHACKED THAT BLUDGER INTO HIS STOMACH, CAUSING HIM TO RELEASE THE QUAFFLE… ROBINS IS IN POSSESSION OF THE QUAFFLE, CAREERING DOWN THE PITCH, SHE PASSES IT TO TURNER WHO… SCORES! GRYFFINDOR LEADS TEN TO NIL.”

The game continued, Ravenclaw had possession of the Quaffle over the next three goals, leaving Gryfinndor no chance to get the Quaffle, that is until the Gryfinndor chasers tried the difficult Parkin’s Pincer, where two chasers close in on an opposing chaser on either side, while the third files headlong towards him or her.

“RAVENCLAW NOW LEADS THIRTY TO TEN, AND GRYFINNDOR IS NOW IN POSSESSION. TURNER SHOOTS DOWN THE PITCH, DOES A SLOTH GRIP ROLL TO ADVOID A BLUDGER AND PASSES IT TO JOHNSON, WHO FEINTS TO THE LEFT, THEN THE RIGHT…. AND SCORES!!” The Gryfinndor and Hufflepuff supporters cheered so loud that it almost drowned out the Boo’s coming from Ravenclaw and Slytherin.

“RAVENCLAW IS NOW IN POSSESSION, GIFFORD PASSES TO MILLER, WHO IS INTERCEPTED BY ROBINS, SHE HEADS TOWARDS THE GOALS, AANNDD… OUCH! SHE IS HIT BY THE BEATER MOVE, DOPPLEBEATER DEFENCE, BOTH BEATERS HIT A BLUDGER AT THE SAME TIME, AND IT LOOKS LIKE SHE HAS BEEN KNOCKED OUT AS HOOCH SLOWS HER DESCENT. IT LOOKS LIKE SHES OUT OF THE GAME. THAT’S HOOCH’S WHISTLE; IT’S A PLENTLY TO GRYINDOR! THEIR TOP SCORER; LAURA TURNER APPROCHES THE POSTS, CHANG GETS READY TO SAVE…TURNER SHOOTS, CHANG DOES THE DOUBLE EIGHT LOOP… AND TURNER SCORES! MAKING THE GAME THIRTY ALL!”

Gryfinndor fell behind after the loss of Tina Robbins, and Ravenclaw therefore managed to score effortlessly. They scored two more goals, then the Gryfinndor Keeper upped his ante, and saved some more goals. However that was not enough as Ravenclaw still had the greater possession of the Quaffle and still got in three more goals…

“THE GAME IS NOW AT SIXTY TO THIRTY FOR RAVENCLAW, GRYFINNDOR REALLY NEED TO CATCH UP IF THEY WANT TO WIN THIS!”

And catch up they did. With some fantastic flying from Laura and Amy, and some unbeatable beating from Sirius and Jeremy Peakes, and some excellent saves from Darren MacLaggen, they all pulled back and between them all Amy and Laura scored five goals in quick succession. However it was short-lived as Ravenclaw pulled back and despite some great saves from MacLaggen, they scored five goals also, pulling them up by thirty points.

“RAVENCLAW NOW LEADS A HUNDERD AND TEN TO EIGHTY! WAIT IT LOOKS LIKE JAMES POTTER HAS SPOTTED THE SNITCH! HE SHOOTING DOWN TOWARDS THE GROUND, CHANG IS RIGHT BEHIND HIM AND… OH POTTER HAS PULLED UP, CHANG VERY NARROWLY MISSES THE GROUND, JUST LOOK AT HOW POTTER PULLED OFF THAT WRONSKI FEINT! OH WHATS THAT? IS IT THE SNITCH? YES IT LOOKS LIKE IT AS POTTER SPEEDS TOWARDS IT, CHANG CATCHING UP, SMITH BEATS A BULDGER POTTERS WAY, HE AVOIDS IT USING THE SLOTH GRIP ROLL AND IS STILL AFTER THE SNITCH, THAT IS HOW GOOD POTTER IS! BOTH SEEKERS WIND THEIR WAY THROUGH THE PLAYERS, POTTER LOOPS AROUND… HAS HE LOST THE SNITCH? WAIT NO POTTER HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH USING THE PLUMPTON PASS! GRYIFNNDOR WINS TWO HUNDERD AND THIRTY TO A HUNDERD AND TEN! NEXT GAME IS GRYFINNDOR AGAINST SLYTHERIN TO DECIDE WHO GETS THE QUIDDITCH CUP!”

The Gryfinndor supporters cheered the team and James Potter, Captain as they made their way down to the pitch. Lily, Alice, Courtney, Remus and Peter met with James, Sirius, Laura and Amy to congratulate them when they saw the Slytherin team. They all burst out laughing at the sight of them, for some one has given them a very nice set of rabbit ears and tails!

“I don’t think we have to look very for the culprits of this.” Said Lily through her laughing.

“You have no prove to whoever did it.” Replied James

“That coming from you, James, just proved that you and your friends did it.” Giggled Laura.

Everyone laughed at Laura’s statement, her friends were glad that she was smiling again, as she rarely did so nowadays. They all turned to walk back to the castle for lunch when they saw Snape sporting a particularly fine pair of rabbit ears and tail, and burst out laughing all over again, at least nearly everyone except Lily.

“Guess Snape got caught in net!” Said Sirius

“That was not fair you guys! You had no right to single him out like that!” Cried out Lily.

“Come on Lily, it was just a little fun!” Said James.

“Yeah, besides we’ve not played a prank on Snape for ages, he had it coming to him.” Backed up Sirius.

“Lily.” Said Laura understandingly.

“Oh! Fine! Have it your own way! For now anyway…” Gave up Lily.

“Shall we have lunch?” Suggested Remus.

The others agreed and so they went to the Great Hall for lunch.

Like it , hate it ? Please leave feedback either way here:http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=83758. Thanks!

See my homepage!

Last edited by Lowrie; November 6th, 2006 at 4:11 pm.
Old March 29th, 2006, 8:06 pm
First Year

Chapter 7 – Evil Times

The next morning as everyone came down to breakfast they found the Great Hall filled, not with those still celebrating Gryffindors’ winning the game, but of sombre, pale people, all doing nothing. They went to their table and sat down.

“What’s the matter? What happened that they’re all like this?” Whispered Alice.

“I don’t know…” Replied Remus.

“I do.” Everyone turned towards Laura, “Listen to this…” they all gathered round her to listen as she read an extract from the Daily Prophet “

“We at the Daily Prophet regret to inform you all that our Minister of Magic had died last night, to tell you the truth, he was murdered. He was found early this morning with an apparition of a skull with a snake coiling out of its mouth above his house. Along with the Minister his family was also killed.
“This is grievous news to the Ministry,” a ministry spokesman said, “we believe that this was the work of one called Lord Voldemort, and we urge the public to be on their guard, and if they know anything about him please come forwards.
A new Minister of Magic is still to be chosen.” Laura finished and set the paper down so that they may see the picture of the skull above the Minister’s house.

“My…” Lily said after a while.

“I’ll second that.” Said James. The rest of the groups just nodded their heads.

The rest of the day was a quiet one as everyone just got on with his or her weekend homework, only asking for help now and then. Soon though Laura was getting fed up with this and decided to talk about it, she was thinking that if they all got it out of their system they would feel better.

“I can’t stond wis being lik dis!” Laura bursts out in the middle of doing her Herbology homework. The others turned to look at her confusingly.

“Laura, our Minster has died, I think we’re entitled to act like this.” Remus said quietly.

“And I kens dat, but I think it wud be best if we talk about it, get it out of our system, then we aal may feel better.” Laura replied. The others just remained quite, and Laura, seeing that she won’t open them up, got up and left. She went to see her mum, knowing that she will hear her out. She knocked on Professor Turner’s door and was granted entrance. Professor looked up to see Laura looking upset.

“Darling whatever is the matter!”

“Mam I hae tae talk tae samwan aboot wit happened last night, no wan else will!”

“Come and sit down.” Professor Turner said kindly, “I have some time with you before I go to the Ministry.”

“Why is du going tae da Ministry?” Laura asked, “I thought du retired tae become a teacher.”

“I did, but the Ministry needs everyone with any experience as an Auror to help find this “Lord Voldemort”, so I won’t be around for a while.” Said Professor Turner, “But enough of that, tell me what you want to get off your chest.”

And so that was what Laura did, her mum heard her out, asking questions and discussing every point through with her, for that was how she was brought up, Laura, as Professor Turner as always said, would make a great Auror one day. And in the times to come, the Ministry will Laura and others like her…
When they had finished Professor Turner had to go to the Ministry, and so Laura, happier now, bid her mum to be careful and Professor Turner said likewise, asking Laura to be vigilant and let her know what’s happening at Hogwarts.

The weeks to come were filled with terror as the paper brought more news about the murders that had taken place by Lord Voldemort and his followers, otherwise own as Death Eaters. Soon the friends began to see a pattern emerging in the deaths, they were all muggle born and highly important people. And so they began to fear for themselves and others. Laura feared for her mother, and Lily, as she was muggle born. Despite the numerous attempts to apprehend He-Who-Must–not-be-Named, as the wizardering population has come to call him, they were not successful, he was like smoke and so rumours began to form around Hogwarts. Laura wrote to her mum often about these things and how the houses are beginning to separate even more due to these murders. There has always been house rivalry, but it always used to be in good humour in a way, now there was out and out fighting occurring and the teachers are having a hard time controlling the students.

‘It is because of this,’ Laura writes, ‘that I dread to think what the Gryffindor vs Slytherin Quidditch match is going to be like. We are all fine even though the muggleborns and those who are not loyal to Voldemort are subject to “spells gone awry” as the Slytherins claim, so you can see they are getting bolder and openly professing their allegiance to Voldemort… I miss you and could do with you at Hogwarts, but if you can’t please tell me what I should do. Oh before I forget the Headmaster Dumbledore has not being around lately and we all worry why this is, do you have any idea where he could be? As the school begin to worry at not seeing him there.
Much love, Laura.’

Laura waited for an answer, but she never got one. The topic everyone is talking about is Voldemort and his Death Eaters, Laura and her friends were getting uneasy, the boys, James and Sirius in particular, were determined to become Aurors to help get rid of Voldemort. Even Alice openly wanted to be an Auror, which shocked the girls greatly as they never expected this of her!
It was coming up to the final of Quidditch, Gryfinndor vs Slytherin, when Laura finally got a letter, but it was not from her mum, it was to official looking for that, in fact it was from the Ministry! Her friends gathered round her as she read it out…

‘Dear Miss Turner,
We regret to inform you of the death of your mother, Paige Turner, please be comforted in the knowledge that she died a hero, as she assisted in the capture of one of the Death Eaters. There is to be a burial in the 1st class Merlin Awards Commentary next week for you to attend.

My Coloances,

Cornelius Fudge
Minister of Magic’

Included was the First Class Award, however Laura paid this scarce attention as she realized that she had no one left, her whole family dead! Laura looked around at her friends, and then she fainted…

Remus was beside himself. He couldn’t calm down over what had happened to Laura, no matter the reassurances from the boys and Lily. Laura has still not woken, and Madam Pomfrey was beginning to worry that she has shut herself down to avoid the shock of it all. Remus was always at her side whenever it was possible. She was his friend, more than that even, and he just couldn’t, no matter how hard he tried, stop loving her. Little did he know that Laura was in more trouble than anyone will ever know…

James had a problem. Everyone had heard about Laura, and as she was Gryffindors’ best chaser, they knew that they would have no chance of getting that Cup. So he was frantically trying to find another Chaser to play before that Saturday in order to give Laura time to recover. That is if she ever wakes up…

Meanwhile the girls were talking about what had happened to Laura and wondering why…

“Laura never does anything like this, I’m getting worried, why would she?” Asked Amy.

“I know, but maybe it is the fact that she can’t cope with it and just shut down…”Replied Courtney.

“Maybe…” Came Lily’s voice from the corner. She suddenly looked up. “Wait here! I have to check something!” And she left before her friends could ask where she was going…

Laura was fighting an internal battle, with no hope of escape. She was trapped within her own mind, held there by goodness knows who. She found herself remembering old memories that she thought she never had, and others she did. She remembered her conversations with her mother, ones that no one should know about, the ones her mother told her about dangerous affairs that she needed help with. The others were dark and strange to her; she had no recollection of these memories at all, they showed times of a bad childhood, which was strange as Laura had a happy one. Of Hogwarts at a different time, the teachers were different and Dumbledore looked younger to her. She saw dark rooms with a circle of hooded, masked people, bowing before her. It wasn’t until she saw a refection of herself in one of these memories that she realised that this was not her, but someone else, someone terrifying, not normal. He was pale, had red slits for eyes and his nose was flat, the face reminded her of a snake. She went into shock. She felt a sear of pain throughout her, and the memories that were not hers retreated, and she blacked out from the memories…

James found Lily asleep in the library, her fiery head resting on a book. He went towards her and shook her awake.

“Lily?” He asked. Lily groaned and woke, she stared around her, confused. James picked up a nearby book. “I take it you’re not doing homework?” Lily jumped, suddenly realising that James was here and she was in the library.

“N-no, I was l-loo-king for a solution for L-lau-ra.” Lily yawned.

“And did you find anything?”

“Yes, but it is hard.” Lily replied, “I’ll need some help.”

“Go through it and I’ll help you.”

And so Lily took James through the procedure, and when they both were sure that they could do it they went to Laura and tried it. Lily was sure that Laura had not blanked out, that she was taken over. She had read the symptoms before, and when she was alone with Laura she noticed that she was recalling something that Lily knew must of never happened to her. And so she told James this, and he heard her out, not once doubting her. So they went to the Hospital Wing to help Laura. They set themselves down and Lily got ready.

“I think it’ll be best if I go into her mind, that way she won’t be so shocked.” Lily said. “You say the spells and keep watch.”

“Ok.” Replied James.

Lily got comfy, her hands resting on Laura’s and James began the first set of spells. Lily found herself getting sleepy, James began the next set and Lily was gone, she found herself inside Laura’s head…

They still came. Laura felt as though it will never end. She was weak, too weak to fight this nightmare off. She tried, oh how she tried, but it was never enough. He began talking to her now, his hissing voice forcing her to tell him things. She never once talked back. But it weakened her, she was losing hope, then suddenly she heard Lily’s voice calling out to her. She tried to call back, to tell her to leave, that it wasn’t safe. She found she couldn’t, the nightmare had to strong a hold on her. She felt the nightmare move, still keeping a strong hold on her, towards Lily. Laura tried in vain to break away, to help Lily, but she was getting weaker by the second. She saw a sudden flash of red light, followed by a green one, and again a red flash. She felt the nightmare disappear, and her strength return, though she still felt weak, she heard Lily telling her that all was right now, to rest, and then she fell into deep sleep…

James was anxiously watching both Lily and Laura for signs of life. Laura was like death before they came, Lily, soon after the spell was said, was to like death. They stayed like that for a full five minutes, and then Laura went into shock, and shortly after Lily did as well. James watched helplessly, wondering whether he should call for help, suddenly a red, then green, and then red misty light surrounded Lily, not strong, just faintly. The light faded and Lily came back.

“Are you ok?” Asked James quickly. “Is Laura alright?”

“I’m fine, just tired, and Laura will be once she gets some rest.” Lily replied.

“Was it as you thought?”

“No.” Replied Lily quietly, “It was worse, Voldemort was in her mind.”

“Why Laura?”

“I don’t know…”

James and Lily kept their findings to themselves, and planned on telling Dumbledore whenever he happens to be at Hogwarts. Laura was still unconscious, in fact she missed her mothers’ funeral and the Quidditch match, Slytherin won of course, snatching the Cup away from Gryffindor, though they did put up a good fight.

Laura was well into her second week of her unconsciousness when Madam Pomfrey decided to transfer her to St Mungos. Laura’s friends began to worry, Lily and James the most I believe, and they wished that Dumbledore could see her before she goes.

Their luck turned for the better as at that lunchtime they saw Dumbledore, and so they went up to him as he exited the Great Hall.

“Professor Dumbledore Sir!” Cried out Lily. Dumbledore turned round, slight amusement playing across his face.

“What may I do for you two?” He asked.

“Is it all right if we have a word with you, It’s about our friend, L-“ Lily began, but Dumbledore cut her off.

“Laura Turner, yes I know, come with me please.” And so he led Lily and James to his office. Once they were there, he mentioned to them to sit, and he sat down, fingers crossed with his head resting on them.

“Now what is it you want to tell me?”

And so Lily told him. How she found out, what she did, and how she forced Voldemort out of her mind. James carried on, saying that they believe that Laura is still under Voldemorts’ control, and wished Dumbledore to look at her. Once they finished, they both looked at Dumbledore, waiting for an answer. Dumbledore was very still, thinking, and then he spoke.

“Are you sure that this is what Miss Turner is going through?”

“Yes, positive.” Replied Lily, James nodded his head.

“Very well. I’ll do what I can for Miss Turner. Lets go to her.” And with that final statement Dumbledore led the way to the Hospital Wing. Asked Madam Pomfrey to be left alone with Miss Turner, adding that they were not to be disturbed, to Lily and James he asked that they wait outside.

Laura was struggling. Lily was wrong; all was not right now. He came back. And this time he was draining her, she found herself dieing, he told her there was still hope, that he would give her energy back if she told him what he wanted to know. But Laura knew that would not be the case, as soon as she had told him whatever it was he wanted, she didn’t know, but still… He would kill her. And she would rather die than tell him everything she knew from the ‘hidden memories’, the memories he couldn’t get to. She found herself drowning, and then suddenly there was a blinding light, so bright she almost could not see it. She felt a warmth, one she had not felt for so long, as the nightmare left her and the light and warmth washed over her, cleansing her mind. She found herself again and…

Laura awoke, feeling very weak. She slowly opened her eyes, and found herself in the Hospital Wing.

“How…” She started.

“Miss Turner I’ll stay still if I were you.” Laura looked up to see Dumbledore. A look of confusion came across Laura’s face. “Yes I thought you would be confused. Tell me Laura, can you remember anything?”

Laura thought back over the time she was trapped in her own mind, the nightmares. She realised that nightmares they were not, but someone taking over her mind. She nodded her head, realising as she did that she had a splitting headache. “It wis Voldemort, wisn’t it?” She asked, in barely more than a whisper.

“I’m afraid so.” Replied Dumbledore kindly. “Do you know why he chose you? Did you tell him anything?” Laura shook her head.

“My mother…” Laura started. “Told me things, I wis her spy here.”

“Why?” Dumbledore asked.

“The Ministry believes dat Voldemort is recruiting young wans at Hogwarts.” Laura noticed a fire of anger in Dumbledore’s eyes, though there was no other outward sign of it.

“Thank you Miss Turner, you should rest now, you’ll be safe. I promise you that.” And he left. Madam Pomfrey came bustling in with potions for Laura, and she dutifully took one after the other, the last one took her into a deep, dreamless sleep…

“…Laura… I-I-I love you… Please wake up…” Laura awoke to someone holding her hand, and talking to her. She stirred, and found Remus face, broken into a grin.

“Sorry, wit wis dat du wis telling me?” She said quietly. Remus hugged her, gave her a quick kiss then hugged her again.

“Mr Lupin! Please! Miss Turner needs her rest!” Interrupted Madam Pomfrey.

“Oh I dunna mind, I’m feeling a lot better noo.” Laura said.

“They all say that, and they were all wrong. Now you drink that up like a good dear you are.” Replied Madam Pomfrey, handing Laura a goblet of smoking potion. Laura took a sip and pulled a face. Remus laughed at her. “Well what did you expect, pumpkin juice?!” Madam Pomfrey bustled out, leaving Laura and Remus alone.

“Weel yes actually, I wis expecting pumpkin juice.” Laura said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. “Onyway,” turning to Remus, “wit did I miss?”

“Two weeks of school.” Remus said.

“Really, I wis oot fur dat lang.”

“Yes, and you also missed the final of Quidditch, Slytherin won the Cup.” Continued Remus.

“And I almost missed dat confession of dine.” Laura said quietly. Remus didn’t get a chance to reply however; as at that time the rest of their friends came trooping in to see Laura. And whatever the two would of said was lost…

There you go, and you won't get much unless you give me FEEDBACK - http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=83758 I promise you it would greatly encourge me and make me more creative!

See my homepage!

Last edited by Lowrie; November 6th, 2006 at 4:14 pm.
Old April 18th, 2006, 10:36 pm
First Year

No feedback no story!! hehe only joking - sorta. You'll have to wait as I can't find my pen drive with the story on it!! and so I can't finsh the chapter!! don't worry I have an idea where it is but you'll have to wait till next week (hopefully!)

See my homepage!
Old April 21st, 2006, 11:11 pm
First Year

Chapter 8 – Demons

The following Monday Laura was back at school. She was besieged with condolences for her mother, she never had the peace of day that she needed. Her friends were suffocating her going wherever she went in fear that He will come back for her. She really regretted telling them what really happened. And James decided that the Marauders should be appointed her bodyguards. Only James knew about it though, the others followed only because they were worried, well nearly all of them… Laura has not seen Remus since the day she woke up, and she dearly wanted to see him and have a few words with him about a certain confession.
Laura looked for him in class, but he wasn’t there, nor was he at lunch, or in the Common Room, or Library, or any of his haunts. She asked the boys where he could be, but all she got from them were shifty looks and vague answers, so she gave up on them and went off to the Library to hide away in books…

The boys were getting worried about Laura’s questions. They were on their way to the Library discussing the fact when Severus Snape came round the corner with his group of good for nothing.

“Well, well,” came the greasy voice of Snape, “look what we have here! Its Pompous Potter and his gang. Tell me, where is your Lupine friend of yours?”

“I believe that is none of your business Snape!” Spat Sirius.

“Shut it Black!” Snape spat back, then in a calmer, but none the less sinister, voice he went on, “shame you’re a Gryffindor, the Dark Lord would love to have you on his side. And I will find out where your friends goes off to, just you wait.” And without further ado Snape turned on his heel and strode off back down the corridor before the Marauders could do anything. Once the last footsteps could not be heard Sirius burst out.

“The nerve of him! Suggesting that I go into the service of “The Dark Lord”!”

“Yes, but did you hear what he said about Remus? I reckon that he suspects something, we are going to have to be very careful about his furry little problem.” Replied James. They had just turned in to the Library at this point, and were surprised to find Laura in front of them, hands on hips. They automatically stepped back.

“What is this “furry little problem” of Remus’s?” She asked calmly, which belied her posture.

“Did I say that?” Asked James. Are you sure you haven’t misheard me?”

“Yes du did! I may be deaf Potter, but I can still hear, and lipread! Noo is du gaing tae answer mi question or I’m I gaing tae hae tae find oot fur misel?” Laura asked impatiently, which came as a shock to the boys as Laura is usually serene. Laura waited for them to answer her, the boys said nothing and she lost it. “Fine! I’ll find oot fur misel!” And with that final statement she stormed off.

“Uh oh…” Sirius said, “Do you think we can stop her?”

“No mate,” replied James, “she’s a woman on a mission, and you know Laura, when she grasps hold of something she doesn’t let go…”

Lily looked up from her book to see Laura come storming into the Common Room and up the stairs to their dormitory. Lily sighed, put down her book and made her way reluctantly up to her. She knew Laura would be better off being alone for a while when Laura was like this. But curiosity got the better of her as Laura is rarely like this, and she wanted to know who got her worked up. Lily entered the dorm to find Laura tearing through her trunk, throwing stuff around, and setting down her diaries and books of interest to her. Lily ducked has a book came flying past her. Lily made her way across the room sat herself down beside Laura and looked at the books around Laura, which seem to be mostly about dogs. Laura never noticed Lily, not surprising as she is deaf, and also she was so worked up.

“Laura?” Lily said, tapping her gently on the shoulder. Laura jumped a mile into the air, dropping the pile of clothes she was about to throw over her shoulder.

“Lily! I never heard du come in!”

“I see that, what are you doing?” Lily asked, gesturing around the room. Laura looked around her and shrugged.

“Nuthing just daing a bit o sorting oot.” Lily didn’t believe her one bit, but knew by the look on Laura’s face that she was not going to tell her what and who got her worked up.

“OK, do you need any help?”

“Na, I’ll be fine, du go and git on wi wit du were daing.” Laura turned back to her trunk and started searching through it again. Lily, understanding that Laura wanted to be left alone, got up and went.

The rest of the castle was getting uneasy. The Daily Prophet brought news after news of death by Lord Voldemort. Countless students lost family, muggleborns the most as the “sport” Lord Voldemort had was “muggle hunting”, but many purebloods and halfbloods lost family to, those who were powerful and did not join him were killed as well. All this was praying on the minds of our friends here. Many of them had recurring dreams, here are just a few…

Laura was walking along a corridor, lined with doors on both sides. She opens one after the other, only to find that snakelike face staring back at her, laughing at her, she slams door after door, her fear beginning to win out. She slides down to the floor and cries, furious with herself for being so weak. She looks up and sees a door that she never noticed before, at the end of the corridor. She pulls herself up and stands in front of it. This is no ordinary door. This door was ornately decorated with a phoenix, rising out of the fire. There was no handle and no visible way to open it. She stares at it puzzled, wondering why it was there and how do you open it. She pushed, she tried to find a way to pull it, and she tried to blast it, unlock it magically. Nothing worked. She hears a cold echo of a cold laugh, getting closer and closer…

Remus was running wildly through the woods in his Werewolf form, tracking a heavenly smell, very much like a female in season. He looks up to see Laura standing by a weeping willow, he howls and gives chase. Laura runs away from him and he could not understand why. He gets madder and faster, he caught up with Laura easily enough, and he jumps, sinking his teeth into her flesh…

Lily dreams of her parents… They were eating dinner, her sister is nowhere to be seen, she hears a ‘pop’ of someone apparating, suddenly her parents were surrounded by hooded masked people. One of the masked pointed a wand at them, and she sees the pair of them begin to convulse in pain, screaming their hearts out. She tries to look away, but finds she could not. They stopped screaming, they lay there weak, not able to do anything… the masked figures began to get bored. Another one raised his wand; he mouthed something she was unable to hear. A flash of green light blinds her. It clears and she sees that the masked figures had disappeared and her sister was crying over their parents’ lifeless bodies…

Sirius is in a round room. There is a throne with a snake coiling around it. It speaks to him. He can’t make out what it said the hissing was hurting him. He sees Snape come out of the shadows. He was smirking at Sirius; he raises his wand, ‘Crucio’. Sirius falls down, writhing in pain. He tries to fight it. He hears the snake saying, ‘join me’ over and over again. Sirius keeps fighting the curse, and saying no over and over again. The snake gets impatient. It holds a wand in its tail, ‘Imperio’…

The girls were getting worried about Laura. They find her all the time in the Library, and they were sure that she was not doing homework. Amy found Laura asking about the moon and when it was full to the Astrology Professor. Courtney spotted Laura one day talking to Madam Pince about books on werewolves. All of them saw her notebook and notice it was filled with nothing but notes on them. And so they were getting worried. But that was not the only thing they were worried about, it seems that Laura has being following the Marauders around as well. However they left Laura to it, as they knew that none of them were going to be able to talk her out of it.

Sirius was not happy. Why do you ask? He was still angry at Snape for that suggestion he made. And he planned on fixing that soon. It was Friday and classes had finished for the day. They were leaving potions when Sirius pulled Peter aside, making sure that Snape saw him and followed.

“Peter we are going to the Whomping Willow tonight and you have to come as you can prod the knot at the base, ok?”

“Sure, I didn’t realise that we were going tonight.”

Sirius smiled as he saw Snape rush away. The thing was though he did not know that Laura had disillusioned herself, and heard every word…

That night Laura got up at midnight. She got dressed as quietly as she could, disillusioned herself and left the dorm. Lily awoke at that point from her dream of her parents, she noticed that Laura’s bed was empty, she looked confused for a moment, then she heard the door shut. Lily, her curiosity getting the best of her, got dressed and followed out after her.
When Lily got to the Common Room she saw James rush out, a look of anger on his face, Sirius and Peter following him. Lily waited until they were gone, and then started her way through the castle. She saw that the boys where heading out to the grounds. She had lost sight of Laura, but she was sure that she was following the boys, and so she did too. She noticed that they were heading towards the Whomping Willow. ‘Are they mad! They’ll get hurt!’ Thought Lily as she found a safe point behind a bush and hid there, waiting. She saw the tree stop moving and the boys disappear down into the tree. To say that Lily was surprised would be an understatement. Lily sat down to wait for them to come back up, wondering what they were doing…

Laura had found Snape already at the Whomping Willow. She waited for him to open it up and then followed him down. She saw that it was a tunnel, and she wondered where it led. The tunnel began to widen, and become more wooden than packed dirt, and so she reckoned that it must lead to Hogsmead. Laura felt a rush of air from behind her, she turned round to see a stag running towards her! ‘Wait. How can it see me? It must be after Snape!’ Laura watched the stag rear up to block Snape, and then she saw him. Remus, only he wasn’t, not the one she knew. She took a step forward, only to get bumped into by Sirius. He let out a yelp of surprise, he took his wand, realising that someone had disillusioned themselves. Laura, not wanting to get hurt, took off the spell, saying “Sirius it’s me, Laura.”

“Laura?” Sirius asked, confused, “what are you doing here! Come on lets go!” And without waiting for an answer he grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the tunnel. All the while he was telling her that she must not tell another soul and asking how on earth did she find out. She told him that she overheard him telling Peter to meet up at the Whomping Willow. Sirius swore as the came back up to the grounds.
Laura saw a figure come running towards them as Peter came out. She saw that it was Lily.

“You foolish girl!” Lily screamed. “How could you do such a thing!” Lily then saw James come up with Snape. Her mouth dropped open. “What happened?”

“Sirius here decided that it would be funny to see Snape find Remus when he was transformed, that’s what!” Snapped James. “And I see that he nearly got Laura hurt as well, I told you she won’t let it go!” James said to Sirius. “And now we have to go to the headmaster, all of us, and report it.”

Lily still couldn’t believe what she heard. 'Remus, a werewolf? And he always seems so nice. ‘I suppose he still is, just because he is a werewolf doesn’t mean that he is a monster.’ Thought Lily. Before she knew it they were in the Headmasters office.
They found Dumbledore sitting at his desk. ‘Does the man ever sleep?’ Lily asked herself. The boys told Dumbledore what happened and when they had finished he sat still, thinking.

“I see. Well I’m afraid Mr Black I’m going to have to take 50 points away from Gryffindor and give you detention for a full four week, then every Saturday till the end of the year.
Laura and Lily I’m afraid I have to take ten points off because you where out of bed after hours, the same will go for Mr Snape as well when he has woken up.
James, for you I’m going to award 20 points for bravery for rescuing a fellow student who is not only in a different house, but in Slytherin. Now the only thing left to do before we all go back to bed is this. Laura and Lily, you must promise to keep this discovery to yourselves, do you?” Lily and Laura nodded their heads.
“Excellent! Well if that is all you may go, leave Snape with me, I’ll look after him.”

And so they got up and left. They were all quiet on the way back to the Common Room, and when Lily and Laura got back to their dorm, they just got ready for bed, saying nothing, and went to sleep.

************************************************** *******************************

I would like feedback: http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=83758 I'll love you forever if you do!

See my homepage!

Last edited by Lowrie; November 6th, 2006 at 4:21 pm.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 5:21 pm
First Year

Chapter 9 - A Long Talk

The next morning Lily was waiting for Laura to awaken. The other girls have already gone down to breakfast, and so Lily, who couldn’t wait another second, went over to Laura’s’ bed and shook her gently awake.

“Laura, wake up.” Laura just moved slightly, still asleep. Lily heard a tapping at the window; she looked up to see an owl bidding entrance. She got up and let it in, the owl flew to the desk and held out its leg. Lily took the letter and the owl flew off again. Lily noticed that the letter was not for her, but for Laura. So she went back to Laura’s bed, and this time shot a blast of air at her. Laura awoke with at jump, she looked round to see Lily.

“Wit do du want?” Laura asked sleepily.

“You have a letter if you want to read it.” Lily handed the letter to Laura then left her in peace to read it. Laura stared at the letter for a while, she recognised the handwriting as Remus’s. Laura caressed the letter, then turned it over and opened it…

Dear Laura, my love,

This has to be the hardest letter I had to write, but write it I must. I understand you have seen me for who I really am, a monster. I know you must be shaking your head and thinking that you don’t care, but deep down I believe you are. I remember the time you caught me at my worse, or my worse before you saw me last night, you wanted me to so badly tell you what was the matter. As I recall you said, ‘Even if you are a Werewolf I couldn’t care less.’ I’m afraid that that has changed now, but I must talk to you, today, in the room of requirement, alone. Please come at 7pm,

Much love,
Remus.

Laura had tears down her face, ‘how could he be so stupid! He should know me better than that! He should know that this wouldn’t change anything! That I would like to help him through this with love!’

Meanwhile Lily was looking for Remus, she couldn’t find him. So she went for the next best thing. James. ‘I can’t believe it has come to this!’ She thought to herself.
She found James in the Common Room after lunch, strangely enough doing homework for once. She walked cautiously towards him, James, sensing her, turned towards her. “How may I help you Lily, you look like something is bothering you?” He asked, a worried look across his face.

“I want to talk to you about Remus.” Lily whispered, fearfully worried that James won’t talk.

“Of course,” a look of relief crossed Lily’s face, “but not here. Come with me.” Replied James. He grabbed Lilys hand and pulled her towards the Portrait Hole. Lily felt her heart do a back flip as James grabbed her. ‘Get a grip woman! Its James for crying out loud!’

Lily hardly noticed where James was taking her, she kept telling herself off, had thoughts of Remus and also Laura, wondering what her letter was about… Suddenly she found herself suddenly in front of James, well more like she bumped into him. She found herself close, very close to him. She could smell him, a clean fresh smell, like soap.

“Whoa there!” Said James, “We’re here, you ok?” ‘God she’s beautiful! Those eyes! I could get use to this…’ He thought. It wasn’t to last however as Lily, beginning to get uncomfortable pulled away, breaking the moment.

“Er… Where are we?” She asked.

“Come in here, this is the room of requirement. We won’t be disturbed here.” James said, opening the door for Lily as he did so.

Lily stepped into the room to find a space with two comfy chairs, facing each other, with a table to one side, filled with refreshments. Lily looked around the room with a look of awe. “How did you find this place? I’ve never seen it before.”

“Really? I expect you have, but not realized it, like when you were running away from something or need the bathroom or something like that. But enough of that, what is it about Remus you wanted to know?” James asked, pouring a glass of pumpkin juice and handing it to Lily before pouring himself one.

“I just wanted to confirm that what I heard was not a dream, is Remus a Werewolf?” Lily asked. James looked uncomfortable.

“Ermm, I really think Remus should be the one to tell you this, but he is busy just now, and he has asked me to tell you instead… But yes, he is.” James replied. Lily just stared at him, not believe her ears. James waited for an answer. When he knew that he wouldn’t get one he continued. He told her how it happened and also what he, Sirius and Peter did to help him. Lily just listened. She was surprised at James. She was beginning to see a side to him she rarely saw. The two of then just talked for hours. James looked at his watch.

“Ah it’s dinner time! We’ve been here for a long time!” He cried out, “We better go.”

“Do we?” Asked Lily, confused. “Why?”

“Well for one I’m hungry, and second, Remus wants to use this room tonight for he has finally seen sense and is going to talk to Laura.”

“He is?! That is good! Oh I hope they get all this sorted out.” James had a look of horror on his face. “Whatever is the matter James?” Lily asked.

“Ummm… I wasn’t supposed to tell you that, in fact I wasn’t supposed to tell anyone…”

“Oh, well don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone either. Now shall we get some dinner?”

While Lily was with James all day, the other girls, getting the last of their homework done in the Library. Only Laura was not thinking about her work, but of something else. Her friends were beginning to notice.

“Laura are you sure you’re alright?” Asked Alice, “You look distracted.” Laura still paid no attention. “Laura!” Alice said, louder this time and tapped her shoulder.

“What? Sorry I wasn’t paying attention.”

“We see that.” Said Courtney, “What’s the matter, you seem worried bout something?”

“Oh it’s nuthin’, I’ve got a lot on me mind dat’s aal.” Laura replied.

“Yeah, Laura we have being meaning to talk to you bout something…” Amy spoke up. “I wish Lily was here, but she has disappeared somewhere…”

“What is it?” Laura asked with caution.

“The reason we think you are not yourself at the moment.” Replied Amy.

“And we have a feeling that it is to do with Remus, right?” Asked Courtney.

“Nae it’s no dat, it’s aal da stuff wi me mam.” Laura lied, turning a pale shade of pink.

“You are not a good liar Laura, now spill!” Said Amy.

“Fine!” Laura bursts out, “Yes it is Remus, I’m worried aboot him, and dat is aal! Noo, it’s 6 o’clock, shall we get some danner?” And without waiting for an answer Laura gathered up her stuff and left the Library, leaving her friend in a state of shock.

An hour later and Laura was outside the Room of Requirement, waiting for Remus. She was pacing, when suddenly she saw a door where there wasn’t one before. She looked confused for a moment, then curiosity getting the better of her, she pushed open the door to find herself in a dream. She was outside, which was strange seeing as she was still within Hogwarts. There was crispy snow across the ground, there was no moon, but there were stars, lots of stars twinkling and reflecting off the snow, making it into some kind of wonderland. She saw that one star was brighter than the others. Remus was shinning uncommonly well; she smiled to herself and drew her eyes back to earth to see the real Remus standing a bit away from her. Her smile widened, and she made her way towards him. With no regard to the ‘friends only’, she pulled him into a hug, and while he was confused, she kissed him. He kissed her back, the kiss deepened, and when the need for air became a priority, they broke apart. Laura saw that Remus had a dreamy look upon his face.

“So…” Laura said. “Wit did du want tae see me aboot?” Remus snapped out of his thinking, he grabbed Laura’s hand and pulled her down to where there was a blanket spread across the snow. He looked out to the horizon, and smiled to himself.

“You have a beautiful mind Laura, to create this wonderland. It shows your character off, it is beautiful, but cold and lonely, I know you have friends, but I believe you get lonely, even when you are surrounded with others. Cold because you rarely let anyone in.” He gave a small, yet sad, chuckle, “If you think about it, we are similar you and I….” Laura waited for him to continue. Remus sighed. “I wish…”

“Wit?” Laura asked.

“I wish I was normal…” Remus whispered. Laura strained to hear this, but she caught it in his lip movements. She got annoyed at him.

“Remus!” He jumped at her sudden outburst. “Du is normal! As weel as me! We just hae special circumstances dat make wis different. We are nae mare strange dan da next person, and quite frankly I think nae wan is normal!”

“I know that.” Replied Remus, looking downcast. “I just don’t feel that…” Laura looked at Remus with sympathy.

“Nae wan feels normal, I dunna, and I’m sure dat everywan else dusna either.” Laura said, turning Remus’s face towards her and planting a kiss on him. He pulled away.

“I can’t”

“And why no?” Exclaimed Laura.

“Because of what I am.” In answer Laura just pulled him to her and snogged him senseless. She pulled back to breath and said:

“I don’t care! I love you, you idiot!”

“Really?” Remus asked, doubt in his voice. Laura shook her head, leaned in and kissed him.

“What do you think?”

The others were in the Common Room, wondering where Laura and Remus got too. Lily and James where in a corner together, talking quietly about goodness what. Sirius and Courtney where in a corner of there own, doing a bit more than talking. The others where in a group, doing homework. It was getting late, and the friends were the only ones left in the common room. They were all by the fire when they heard the portrait hole opening to see Laura and Remus entering, holding hands.

Feedback would be great: http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=83758

See my homepage!

Last edited by Lowrie; November 6th, 2006 at 4:26 pm.
Old April 28th, 2006, 2:54 pm
First Year

Chapter 10 – All Fine Now, or is it?

A month later, into March now and there was, so far, no news of Voldemort. Laura and Remus were in the common room, talking of nothing in particular, doing their homework... Well... sort of. They looked around at their friends. Sirius and Courtney were talking, amongst other things, with Alice, Frank and Amy all trying to do their work. Peter was nowhere to be seen and Laura and Remus talked of this.

"Whar is Peter, I thought he followed James an' Sirius everywhar?" Laura asked.

"I'm not sure to be honest," replied Remus, "I haven't seen him much lately, only in class, at dinner and at bedtime..."

"Does du think he is ok, he seems tae be brolly quiet o' late."

Remus smiled, "I love you." Laura looked at him with a coy smile.

"Noo, du is changing da subject."

"Still the truth." Remus said, moving in to her to plant a kiss, it deepened, and somehow they ended up lying down on the couch.

"Laura?"

'Aye, aye, aye!' Laura thought. She felt Remus come off her, and she sat up to see Lily looking uncomfortable. "Yes?" She asked.

"Moony" James came along, "Can I talk to you mate?"

"Yeah sure!" Remus gave Laura a quick peck on the cheek and followed James to the boys dorm. Laura and Lily waited till they were out of sight.

"So wit does du want fae me?" Laura asked.

"Come with me." Lily said, pulling Laura up to the girl’s dorm, she pushed Laura on to her bed and began pacing round the room. Laura smiled; she had a feeling that she knew what this was about. She waited.

"It's James." Lily finally cried out. Laura gave her a questioning look. "I can't seem to draw myself away from him, yet I feel I must! I don't know why! He is such a gentleman..." Lily sighed.

"Wait... is du really in love wi James, I mean for real, du hae fallen haerder fur 'im?" Laura asked. 'Wonder if dis is wit James is talking tae Remus aboot...'

"Yes.... Laura, I'm scared." Laura jerked out of her thoughts.

"W...Wi...Wit? W... Why?"

"I don't know! I suppose it is because I have hated him for so long, then suddenly we’re friends? I guess I'm scared of what could happen."

"Or wit widna happen..." Laura suggested.

"What do you mean?"

"Lily, du thinks, that because James haes du as a friend, he will stay friends, oot o' respect tae your wishes of 'just friends', no?"

"I never thought of that... You must be right! You always know me, and you watch things, and see things that other's don't, a lot like Remus, you two a perfect together, you know that right?" Laura was shocked. Lily smiled, "Laura, promise me this, always be there for him, and me, I don't know what I'll do without you, you are my rock when I'm going crazy like this."

"Lily, I haed aaways been dere fur you, and aaways will, nothing will change dat, I won't let it!" Lily gave her a hug. "So wit is du gaing tae dae aboot James?"

"I don't know, I'll see where it all leads to..."

James was having a similar conversation with Remus.

"Moon, you know how much I love Lily." James stated, this was not a question. Remus smiled and shook his head.

"Yes, James, you are wildly in love with her and can't get her out of your mind." Remus recited for the millionth time.

"Right!" Said James. "And Lily is my friend now, it is all going so well..."

"What are you thinking of doing James?" Remus asked quietly.

"I want to ask her out." Remus gave a little smile. "But I don't want to risk what we have, I'm afraid that it is too soon."

"Well you have known each other for seven years, and Lily has hated you for five of them. I dunno Prongs, I think you have it in your favor." Remus joked.

"Haha, very funny moony, maybe I should wait for her..."

"It is entirely up to you mate, remember you do have next year."

"Yeah, thanks Moons."

"You're welcome Prongs, now, can I go back to my wonderful lass?"

"How are the pair of you love birds?" James winked.

"As happy as can be, thank you, I don't know what I was thinking, giving her up, she is the most understanding and caring, as well as beautiful, lass in Hogwarts!" Remus replied with a dreamy look on his face.

"I think her speech is rubbing off on you mate!" Laughed James.

A week passed and it was the weekend, and for once all the girls, Alice, Amy, Courtney, Laura and Lily were in the Common Room, just chatting.

“How long has it been since we’ve had time to ourselves like this!” Exclaimed Amy.

“Too long!” Replied Courtney, “We have all been so busy with homework and repective boyfriends in the case of me, Alice and Laura.

“Weel, I’ve ony been wi Remus fur a month noo…” Contradicted Laura.

“Yes, you had other stuff on your mind this year.” Lily said gently. Everyone was quiet for a moment, thinking back those two weeks of panic. Alice cleared her throat, very like Professor McGonagall, causing the other girls to turn round to see if she was there. Alice gave a laugh.

“You guys, it was me!” The other all gave her a glare, again very like McGonagall, before bursting into laughter themselves. “Anyway, this calls for a girls night in! What do you think?” Alice looked round at her friends.

“Yeah, tell each other’s secretes, because we haven’t done that in a while, and they are bound to of changed!” Exclaimed Courtney.

“Just as lang as dere is nae makeovers I’m happy!” Replied Laura.

“But that’s part of the fun Laura!” Amy threw back, giggling. Laura just stared at her, and then she turned to Lily to see her blushing slightly. ‘Ah, o’ course, she ony tald me aboot James.’ Little did she know that that was not the only thing Lily was worried about…

Remus was on his way back to the common Room, a spring in his step, until he came upon Snape and his friends. ‘Uh oh, not good, just remember that whatever he says don’t let it get to you.’ Snape saw Remus coming toward him and blocked his path.

“Severus, if you don’t mind I would like to pass by.” Remus said civilly.

“So how are you feeling Remus, doggy?” Snape, scathingly asked. Remus forced a smile.

“Splendid thank you, now if you don’t mind I have to go to the Common Room.”

“Too see that imperfect half-blood girlfriend of yours? The two of you a perfect for one another.” Sneered Snape. Remus expression darkened.

“Now if you don’t mind!” Remus pushed past Snape, and walked away. He was not walking with a spring in his step now, but stomping, he shouted the password at the Fat Lady, who was so surprised she just opened it and never berated him.

He saw Laura sitting with the girls in a corner, talking, she was laughing at something Amy said. ‘God she is beautiful when she laughs…’ He made a beeline straight towards her.

“… Ohhhh! He is sooooo hot!” Laura was saying as Remus came up behind her. Lily saw him, and was about to tell Laura when he made shushing movements, she got the message, and kept quiet.

“Sean Connerly? As who?” Asked Lily.

“James Bond! Duh!” Replied Laura.

“What bout me?” Asked Remus loudly. Laura jumped a foot into the air.

“Remus! Of course du is delightful, but no Sean tae me.” Laura replied jokingly.

“Oh really?” Remus said. Making he way round her chair, “I’m shocked!” And he did an overdramatic swoon, and fell into her lap. Laura laughed and pushed him off of her.

“Oh Remus du kens I think du wan hundred times better looking than onywan!” She helped him up and kissed him. They heard gagging sounds coming from their friends.

“So what are you doing tonight?” Asked Remus.

“We’re haing a lasses nite in, nae boys allowed!” Replied Laura. “Why? Something you wan’ tae talk aboot?”

“No, nothing that can’t wait. Have fun you guys!” And with that final statement Remus went up to the boy’s dorm.

“Where were we?” Asked Lily.

“Ummm… Nowhere I think. Shall we head up before the other boyfriends come?” Said Amy. The others agreed and so they headed up for a night of Truth and Dare, makeovers and the all important pillow fight!

“Truth or Dare!” Cried out Amy as they all entered the dorm. The others groaned, but all grabbed their covers and sat down on the floor.
“I’ll go first, Alice, truth or dare?” Asked Amy.

“Ummm… I’ll say… Dare!” The others ‘ooooooooed’.

“I dare you to… shout out ‘the evil bunnies are coming to get us all’ at the top of your voice, using the voice enchantment charm, out of the window.” Alice did so, and got shouted back at to be quiet, and a few ‘you’re crazy!’ comments.

“OK, my turn now!” Alice looked round, wondering who to chose. “Lily, truth or dare?”

“Truth.” Lily replied.

“Is it true that you are having night mares at night, and if so what are they?” Lily looked uncomfortable. Laura was watching her, she never knew this, but then she never does know when one of the others are having a nightmare, because she never hears them at night, one of the disadvantages of being deaf is that she is every vulnerable at night, asleep.

“Y-“ Lily was interrupted by a tapping at the window. She got up and opened it to let the owl through.

“It’s a peerie bit late fur owls no?” Asked Laura, “Whar is it fur?” Lily looked at the address.

“This looks an awful lot like your letter you got from the ministry Laura, and it is for me…” Laura got up and went to stand by Lily, the others moved closer.

“Are you going to open it?” Asked Courtney kindly.

Lily nodded. The air grew heavy as a thin layer of doomed seemed to hang in the air. The girls held their breath. The sound of paper ripping was like a gunshot; it was so quiet. Lily’s hands trembled as she pulled out the single piece of parchment inside. She read it, then –

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My nightmare has come true!” Lily screamed and broke down into sobs, dropping the letter and into Laura’s arms for support.

“Grab da letter! I wan tae ken wit it says dat got her in dis state?” Cried Laura to the girls. Alice, being the closest picked up the letter and summarised it.

“Oh my God! Lily I’m so sorry!”

“Well what does it say?” Asked Amy.

“Her parents are dead, killed by Death Eaters!”

There was shocked silenced, broken only by Lily’s sobs…

Remus was reading, waiting for the boys to return, he didn’t have to wait for long, as James and Sirius both came bursting in, shouting something about Snape. He drew back his curtains.

“The idiot! Who is he to say things like that! I thought he was so scared that he wouldn’t mention it! Dumbledore told him to keep it quiet!” Ranted James.

“I take it that this is about me.” Stated Remus. James and Sirius turned, surprised, to see Remus.

“Moons! Didn’t see you there! No of course it wasn’t about you!” Sirius lied spectacularly.

“No need to lie Pads, I had a run in with him earlier, I think he is getting over his shock and getting altogether overconfident, but I believe he has told no one, just using the information to get at us.”

“Yes, well guess what, it’s working.” Muttered Sirius darkly. Remus was about to answer, but at that moment they heard a cry of “the evil bunnies are coming to get us all!” The boys stared at each other.

“OK who was that?” Asked James. Remus grinned.

“I think it was one of the sixth year girls completing a dare.” James and Sirius just stared at him. Then Sirius went to the window and shouted back:

“You lot are crazy! You know that right!”

James and Remus were laughing their heads off. When they finally calmed down, they talked. About girlfriends, about James finally getting Lily, if he ever does, which if you think about it, is very possible, the conversation eventually lead to Peter, and what he is up to and why he never seems to be around. It was when they got to Peter that they heard a scream come from within the tower…

Thanks for reading and please leave feedback: http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=83758

See my homepage!

Last edited by Lowrie; November 6th, 2006 at 4:40 pm.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 5:46 pm
First Year

Chapter 11 – A Funeral

Remus, James and Sirius, after hearing that scream just scared at one another for a moment. Then, scared for the girls they rushed out of their dorm, taking the steps down two at a time. They sped across the Common where there were more than a few shocked and confused faces. In his rush to get to Courtney, Sirius forgot about the sliding staircase enchantment and so when he got up the first ten steps, he came sliding back down.

“Damn it! I forgot bout that! How are we to get to them now!” Ranted Sirius.

“Calm down, we’re not even sure if it is them.” Remus said calmly.

James whipped out his wand. “Accio Cleansweep!” He cried. They heard a whistling through the air, and many groans and cries of pain as others ducked and swerved out of the way. The broom came to a sharp stop beside James, and hovered, waiting. Not wasting time he hopped on and sped up the staircase, following the sound of sobs and curious girls.

“That’s our James…” Said Sirius.

“Ever the hero…” Finished Remus.

“What’s the commotion out there?” Wondered Alice.

“Huh?” Asked Laura, “I can’t hear anything.” Just as she said this James came quietly into the dorm, and they saw a group of girls outside trying to peek in.

“James, what are you doing here?!” Asked Amy. James ignored her, set his broom aside and made his way over to Lily. Laura moved out of the way and let him take Lily into his arms to comfort her.

“What happened?” James asked.

“Lily’s parents were found dead tonight, killed by death eaters…” Answered Courtney quietly.

“Come on lasses, lets leave Lily alone wi James fur a while.” Suggested Laura, the others all got up, put their dressing gowns on and went down stairs.

James just sat there with Lily, doing no more than hugging and whispering comforting thoughts in her ear…

Remus and Sirius have managed to secure the sofas by the fire, and were soon joined by Frank, who without Alice around, came to enquire who screamed. They replied that they did not know and that James is up there now, seeing to the matter. They sat down to wait, and they didn’t have to for long, for they heard a door open and a bustling of questions from the girl’s side. After a minute they saw Laura, Alice, Amy and Courtney. They came towards them, and those that were couples hugged, and those that weren’t hugged too.

“What happened?” Asked Sirius after hugging Laura, “where are James and Lily?”

“It wis Lily who screamed, James is wi her, comforting her, she has just received news fae the ministry dat her folks were…were…ki…k…killed by death eaters.” Laura sobbed. “An’ dey were brolly nice folk too!” Remus grabbed Laura as she broke down, setting her on the sofa and rocking her gently. The rest of the group were quiet, at a loss of what to say, so they just sat there, with one another for company, thinking of Lily. After a while James came down.

“How is she?” Asked Alice. James shook his head.

“She has calmed down a bit, but is still very upset.” He turned towards Laura. “I think she would like it if you were with her, you spent most of your holidays with her while your Mum was off doing Auror work.” Laura nodded her head, got up and made her way up the stairs to the dorm.

Laura came to the door to find a group still clustered round it, she got annoyed.

“Don’t du lot hae onything better tae dae?! Git alang wi du!” The group scattered away, looking very sorry for themselves.

“Well Miss Turner I see you have everything sorted then.” Laura turned around to see who has spoken and nearly fell over as she saw…

“Professor Dumbledore, Sir!” Laura cleared her throat, “How may I help you Sir?”

“I have come to talk to Lily about her parents.”

“Oh, yes, come on in Sir.” Replied Laura, noting that he used Lily’s first name. She opened the door and saw that Lily’s bed hangings were drawn. She walked over to the bed and slipped in, leaving Dumbledore outside.

“Lily? Is du awake?” She asked. She got a mutter of assent. “Lily, Professor Dumbledore is ‘ere tae talk tae du.” Lily slowly got up, she wiped her eyes free of her tears.

“He is? Why?”

“I think he wants tae talk tae du aboot di mam and dad.” Lily nodded, and pulled her hangings away to see Dumbledore staring out of the window.

“Ummm… Professor?” Lily asked.

“Ah! Yes Lily, I have arrangements to discuss with you.” Dumbledore replied. “Now if you wish, you can go home to organise the funeral and be with your sister.”

“Thank you Professor, I would like that.”

“Is she tae gae be hersel, or is she aloud a friend tae support her?” Asked Laura, knowing that Lily would like the extra support, even if she won’t say so.

“Yes I think one friend should go with her.” Agreed Dumbledore. “Who would you like to go with you Lily?”

“Could I have Laura go with me please Professor?”

“Yes, if that is alright with Laura.” They both turned to Laura. Laura smiled back.

“O course I’ll gae wi di Lily, I wudn’t let you gae be disel.”

“Well in that case you have a week off from school and I expect you back by Friday night next week, you will leave tomorrow at noon, all the best and my coloances.” Dumbledore left and Laura turned to Lily.

“Is du ok?” She asked.

“Yeah, James helped me, and now I have you over the week which will help greatly, especially with Petunia, I have a feeling she will hate me even more…” Grimaced Lily.

“Dunna worry aboot her, we best git packing if we are leaving tomorra, want a hand?”

“Please!”

And so they began to pack for a very difficult week, despite the extra help they don’t know they are to get…

Laura was explaining to the others what the plan was.

“Me an’ Lily are going to her hoose to sort stuff oot, and prepare the funeral arrangements wi her sister, noo I ken du dusna think much of Petunia, but Lily needs to do this, which is why I’m gaing wi her, we will be gone for the week and if everything gaes weel the funeral will be on Wednesday and we will be back on Friday.” She looked round at her friends. “Try and stay oot o trouble while I’m gone, I wunna be around tae keep yea in line!” She gave a laugh, then hugged everyone, giving Remus a kiss.

“Be careful won’t you? You are not in the safely of Hogwarts out there, Voldemort might try something again.” Remus worrying said.

“I will, besides da Ministry kens wit happened last time, dey are providing Aurors tae stay wi wis in case anything happens.” Laura replied with a smile, “And I can take care o mesel!” She gave him another kiss and waited for Lily to finish her goodbyes.

Laura and Lily made their way to the carriages and loaded their bags onto it and climbed in. Once settled the carriage moved off, taking them to the Hogwarts Express.

When Laura and Lily arrived at Lily’s house they saw that it was still in shambles. Petunia, who picked them up rather grudgingly from the station, led them through the mess. She pointed up the stairs, which Lily and Laura took to mean ‘put your stuff up there and stay out of my way’. They went to Lily’s room, put their stuff into a corner and went back down to talk to the Auror’s about the security over the next few days.

“The precautions are really in place for your benefit Miss Turner, but we will of course be looking out for you and your family Miss Evans.” Officer Lewis was saying, “There are anti-apparating wards around the place and other wards that should keep anyone of devious nature out.”

“Matt why dunna du call me Laura? I’ve known du since I wis a babe, and du worked wi me mam.” Laura reprimanded.

“Laura please take this seriously – “ Laura and Lily burst out in giggles.

“I’m sorry! Carry on, inside joke.” Lily explained.

“Very well, you are not safe out here and it is my responsibility to keep you two safe, so that means you will have one of us with you at all times, and Laura you better not do any of your disappearing acts that you are so good at, please?”

“Who me? Don’t worry I know that this is very real and promise to stick close to you, Brownies honour!”

Laura and Lily did take it all very seriously, they stayed close to the house and only went out with one of the Aurors. They were very busy with the arrangements for the funeral, or at least trying if Petunia ever allowed them to. But before they knew it, it was Wednesday and time for the funeral, and they were in for a surprise…

The day came and so far there was no trouble. Well apart from the usual panic of ‘is everything ready?’ But everything went fine, in the sense of planning. Laura and Lily got to the church when they found that there were others than the guests they invited. James came, as well as Remus, how they got out of school they don’t know, but they were glad to see friendly faces among those that they hardly know.

“What are you guys doing here, how did you get off school?” Asked Lily.

“Well we thought we might come and offer our support during this difficult time, we asked Dumbledore and he said it was fine so don’t worry we didn’t skip school.” Replied James.

“Weel I’m not complaining, I’m glad fur a couple o friendly faces, shall we go in?”

The ceremony was sad but very beautiful, everyone had lovely things to say about Mr and Mrs Evans, Lily was moved to tears by how much her parents were loved, and she kept getting told how wonderful they were at the wake, it was a lovely day of everyone gathering about to remember the happy times in Mr and Mrs Evans lives, and to wonder why they had to be taken so early from them. Shame that this did not last long. Lily got into a fight with Petunia…

“YOU ARE A FREAK!!! YOU ARE THE REASON WHY MUM AND DAD ARE DEAD!! I HATE YOU!! CAN’T YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!”

Lily just stood dumbstruck, then, a tear falling down her face she spun round on her heel and sped up to her room.

The whole room when quiet, Laura feeling someone must do something said to everyone thanks for coming and started to clear the room, Remus and James helped and so she went to see Lily.

Laura knocked on the door, Lily gave a muffled reply that she thought might of meant ‘go away’, but hey she is deaf, so she went in and sat on the bed besides Lily.

“Lil? What happened?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Came Lily’s muffled reply from the pillow.

“Lily, you are going to have to repeat that, I didn’t get that.” Lily pulled her face from the pillow.

“I don’t want to talk about it, my sister hates me, and she will have nothing to do with me, she said that before she called me a freak and blamed me for our parents deaths to everyone.”

“Ah… In dat case does du want tae gae hame tomorra, instead of Friday?”

“No I think we should go home with James and Remus tonight.”

“OK I’ll gae tell them, does du want tae pack den? I think dey are heading aff soon onyway.” Lily nodded and so Laura went to find James and Remus to tell them the change in plans. She also told Matt Lewis, the Auror, and he offered to take them back to the station.

OK this was long, for me anyway, and it is not the best I've written so I don't blame you if you shout at me on the feedback... But please leave me feedback, the link is in my siggie! Thanks!

See my homepage!

Last edited by Lowrie; November 6th, 2006 at 11:46 pm.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 6:34 pm
First Year

Watch this space for chapter 12!

Any ideas on what you think is going to happen in the next chapter go tofeeding bowl of ideas Cheers!

See my homepage!

Last edited by Lowrie; November 6th, 2006 at 11:48 pm.
Old May 8th, 2006, 7:32 pm
First Year

Here you go, the beginning of chapter 6! Warning though some of you my be disapointed...

Chapter 6 – Make-ups, Break-ups and Quidditch!

“Sirius! You get back here now!”

“You’re going to pay for this when get out of here Courtney!” Yelled both James and Lily after trying every spell they knew to unlock the door, but Sirius and Courtney were having none of it.

“Not until the pair of you have worked things out!” Sirius said from the other side of the door.

“We’ll come back in a couple of hours to let you out, we promise.” Replied Courtney.

“Well you better, or there’ll be s**t to pay!” Shouted James to the receding footsteps of Courtney and Sirius. James turned round, picked up a bucket and slammed to over and sat on it. Lily turned towards him, and for the first time saw how James really was. However, she was not going to speak to him until he apologized.
James looked straight at Lily, seeing her strike the pose that she often did when she was mad at him, he sighed before saying,

“I’m sorry Lily, sorry that my little surprise for you backfired.” Lily looked into James eyes, and saw sincerity in them. She relaxed, turned a box upside down and sat down next to him with a smile.

“You’re forgiven.” Said Lily, “On one condition.”

“What’s that?”

“Never, ever do something like that again!” She said in a quite, threatening tone, “Or I may kill you.” She finished conversationally.

“Deal!” James laughed, and so Lily and became friends again. They hugged, and as they came apart James leaned in, and just before his lips made contact with hers, Lily turned her head, and instead he caught her cheek…

Thanks to those who fed back, you gave me great ideas! Please leave feedback here

See my homepage!

Last edited by Lowrie; August 8th, 2006 at 5:39 pm.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 12:00 am
First Year

Hey there long time no see! *hides behind chair to advoid missles* I know I should of posted earlier, but what with exams and college interviews and stuff to sort out I hadn't any time! I know this post is short but i think this will be surprising, the third part of this chapter should be up soon hopefully. anyway I won't keep to waiting!

Laura was in the Common Room with Remus, wondering where Lily had got to as Remus has finished his prefect rounds, so should had Lily. However she was nowhere to be seen, neither, for that matter was James. She knew that Alice was with Frank, she’s hardly with anyone else, Amy was in the library, finishing off homework, and Courtney was with Sirius at the other end of the Common Room. Well that was before she saw them getting up and leaving.

“Where dus du think Lily haed gone? She wis supposed tae meet up wi’ me.” Laura interrupted Remus from his reading.

“I do not know, and on that note, have you seen James lately? I’m getting worried about him.” Replied Remus. Laura never got the chance to answer, as that moment the two in question entered the Common Room, together.

The rest of the week went by peacefully, well almost… Laura and Remus were going through a bit of a rough patch. One day Laura was sitting in a corner doing homework when Remus walked in, looking slightly worse for wear, he had a gash across his cheek and had many bruises. Laura, naturally worried about him asked:

“Wit happened tae du?! Is du alright?! Of course dus not look at du! I must git du tae da hosp-“ Remus grasped Laura and interrupted her, kindly saying:

“Laura! Calm down! I’m fine, there’s really no reason to be worried about me.”

“I dunna ken boot dat!” Laura cried, “Dis has being going on for a wheel noo! Ah yes!” Said Laura as Remus showed signs of interrupting, “I’ve noticed! Noo is du gaing tae tell me wits gaing on? Please, I’m worried boot du.’’ She finished. Remus looked towards to floor before answering.

“No, I’m sorry but I can’t. I can’t risk hurting you.” Laura looked at him, taking his chin in her hand, she tenderly lifted it up to face her.

“Remus, dus gaing tae hurt me mare by nae telling me. Whatever it is I’ll understand,” Laura whispered, “Even if dus a Werewolf I couldn’t care less.” She added jokinly, “I love you.” Tears coming to both Laura’s and Remus’s eyes they came together in a tender embrace, deepening into a tender kiss. Remus pulled away.

“I am so sorry my perrie jewel, but I can’t.” And with that last statement he moved away, leaving Laura alone, devastated.

Dunn,dunnn dunnnnnnnn!! Please leave missles here Thanks
here!

See my homepage!

Last edited by Lowrie; June 22nd, 2006 at 12:14 am.
Old August 8th, 2006, 5:50 pm
First Year

Hey! Yeah I know i'm 6 pages behind absoloutly dreadful!! Anyway I think this should cheer you up it is a long post (for me anyway), it has a Quidditch match in it as well as a prank!! That is all I'll say at the moment... And here it is the long awaited post, the final part of chapter 6...

It was the week before the Christmas holidays, and Laura and Remus were not the most excited of the group. The girls couldn’t understand why, and how this had happened, as Laura was not giving anything away. Needless to say the boys knew exactly why Remus broke up with Laura, but they don’t see why being a werewolf should stop him, they thought that Laura would understand the most out of all the girls in Hogwarts. However this was not to be as Remus was being steadfastly stubborn and wanted no more but to get on with his work… and the pranks.
The holidays came and went and the Sixth years were getting their heads down to work as the teachers were piling more and more work on them in preparation to the end of year tests in June. The group were all in the Common Room trying to get through their mountain of homework when Sirius decided to let off some steam.

“Why are they doing this to us! The tests aren’t till the end of the year! We’ve got plenty of time to revise!”

“Not really Sirius,” interjected Lily, “we’ve only got five months!”

“Like I said, plenty of time.”

“Will you shut up, and can someone tell me the correct way to prune a Devils Snare? I can’t quite remember.” Asked Alice.

“Yeah, umm… you stand way back from it and use the incantation ‘incisionnedo’.” Replied Laura.

“Oh… Right.” Alice said absentmindedly.

You all ready to see Gryfinndor beat Ravenclaw tomorrow?” Asked James. The rest of the group murmured their assent half-heartedly before returning to their work.

“Can’t wait to see your plan put into action!” Peter cried.

“Peter! You dunce!” Said James while Sirius hit him over the back of the head. Lily was instantly suspicious.

“What are you lot up to?” She asked, looking at them wearily, the rest of them turned around to listen in.

“Nothing!” Replied James, “what makes you think we’re up to something?”

“Because I know you to well when it comes to this.” Lily said matter-of–fact.

“HELLO, AND WELCOME TO THE SEMI-FINAL MATCH OF THE SEASON BETWEEN GRYFINDOR AND RAVENCLAW.” The stadium rang with the sound of many shouts. “I AM RICHARD BONES, YOUR COMMENTOR FOR THIS MATCH, AND SO LETS MEET THE GRYFINDOR TEAM, THE FAVOURITES TO WIN THE CUP THIS YEAR, AND IF THEY WIN THIS MATCH THEY WILL BE PLAYING SLYTHERIN!” Most of the crowd cheered as the Gryfinndor team shot out. “HERE’S MCLAGGEN, KEEPER, BLACK AND PEAKES, BEATERS, JOHNSON, ROBINS AND TURNER, THE THREE LOVELY CHASERS AANNDDD POTTER, SEEKER AND CAPTAIN!

“ AND GIVE IT UP FOR THE RAVENCLAWS! HERE’S CHANG, SEEKER, SMITH AND LEWIS, BEATERS, SIMPSON, KEEPER, ROBERTS, GIFFORD AND MILLER, THE CHASERS AND MILLER AS THE CAPTAIN!”

There was a cheer from Ravenclaw and Slytherin as the Ravenclaw team made their way out to the stadium. Madam Hooch brought the crate that carries the balls to the middle of the pitch and released them, got the captains to shake hands, then released the Quaffle.

“LET THE GAME BEGIN!

“LAURA TURNER FOR GRYFINNDOR SNATCHES THE QUAFFLE NARROWLY MISSING GIFFORD, SHE MAKES HER WAY TOWARDS THE POSTS… WHOA! SHE JUST PASSES TO ROBINS BEFORE THAT BLUGDER ALMOST HIT HER! ROBINS PASSES IT BACK TO TURNER WITH AN AMAZING PORSKOFF PLOY, I HAVEN’T SEEN IT BEING DONE THAT WELL SINCE FOREVER! TURNER THEN PASSES IT TO JOHNSON, SHE GOES TO SCORE… OHH THE QUAFFLE IS INTERCEPTED BY MILLER WHO REVERSE PASSES TO ROBERTS… GOD THAT HAS TO HURT, BLACK WHACKED THAT BLUDGER INTO HIS STOMACH, CAUSING HIM TO RELEASE THE QUAFFLE… ROBINS IS IN POSSESSION OF THE QUAFFLE, CAREERING DOWN THE PITCH, SHE PASSES IT TO TURNER WHO… SCORES! GRYFFINDOR LEADS TEN TO NIL.”

The game continued, Ravenclaw had possession of the Quaffle over the next three goals, leaving Gryfinndor no chance to get the Quaffle, that is until the Gryfinndor chasers tried the difficult Parkin’s Pincer, where two chasers close in on an opposing chaser on either side, while the third files headlong towards him or her.

“RAVENCLAW NOW LEADS THIRTY TO TEN, AND GRYFINNDOR IS NOW IN POSSESSION. TURNER SHOOTS DOWN THE PITCH, DOES A SLOTH GRIP ROLL TO ADVOID A BLUDGER AND PASSES IT TO JOHNSON, WHO FEINTS TO THE LEFT, THEN THE RIGHT…. AND SCORES!!” The Gryfinndor and Hufflepuff supporters cheered so loud that it almost drowned out the Boo’s coming from Ravenclaw and Slytherin.

“RAVENCLAW IS NOW IN POSSESSION, GIFFORD PASSES TO MILLER, WHO IS INTERCEPTED BY ROBINS, SHE HEADS TOWARDS THE GOALS, AANNDD… OUCH! SHE IS HIT BY THE BEATER MOVE, DOPPLEBEATER DEFENCE, BOTH BEATERS HIT A BLUDGER AT THE SAME TIME, AND IT LOOKS LIKE SHE HAS BEEN KNOCKED OUT AS HOOCH SLOWS HER DESCENT. IT LOOKS LIKE SHES OUT OF THE GAME. THAT’S HOOCH’S WHISTLE; IT’S A PLENTLY TO GRYINDOR! THEIR TOP SCORER; LAURA TURNER APPROCHES THE POSTS, CHANG GETS READY TO SAVE…TURNER SHOOTS, SIMPSON DOES THE DOUBLE EIGHT LOOP… AND TURNER SCORES! MAKING THE GAME THIRTY ALL!”

Gryfinndor fell behind after the loss of Tina Robbins, and Ravenclaw therefore managed to score effortlessly. They scored two more goals, then the Gryfinndor Keeper upped his ante, and saved some more goals. However that was not enough as Ravenclaw still had the greater possession of the Quaffle and still got in three more goals…

“THE GAME IS NOW AT SIXTY TO THIRTY FOR RAVENCLAW, GRYFINNDOR REALLY NEED TO CATCH UP IF THEY WANT TO WIN THIS!”

And catch up they did. With some fantastic flying from Laura and Amy, and some unbeatable beating from Sirius and Jeremy Peakes, and some excellent saves from Darren MacLaggen, they all pulled back and between them all Amy and Laura scored five goals in quick succession. However it was short-lived as Ravenclaw pulled back and despite some great saves from MacLaggen, they scored five goals also, pulling them up by thirty points.

“RAVENCLAW NOW LEADS A HUNDERD AND TEN TO EIGHTY! WAIT IT LOOKS LIKE JAMES POTTER HAS SPOTTED THE SNITCH! HE SHOOTING DOWN TOWARDS THE GROUND, CHANG IS RIGHT BEHIND HIM AND… OH POTTER HAS PULLED UP, CHANG VERY NARROWLY MISSES THE GROUND, JUST LOOK AT HOW POTTER PULLED OFF THAT WRONSKI FEINT! OH WHATS THAT? IS IT THE SNITCH? YES IT LOOKS LIKE IT AS POTTER SPEEDS TOWARDS IT, CHANG CATCHING UP, SMITH BEATS A BULDGER POTTERS WAY, HE AVOIDS IT USING THE SLOTH GRIP ROLL AND IS STILL AFTER THE SNITCH, THAT IS HOW GOOD POTTER IS! BOTH SEEKERS WIND THEIR WAY THROUGH THE PLAYERS, POTTER LOOPS AROUND… HAS HE LOST THE SNITCH? WAIT NO POTTER HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH USING THE PLUMPTON PASS! GRYIFNNDOR WINS TWO HUNDERD AND THIRTY TO A HUNDERD AND TEN! NEXT GAME IS GRYFINNDOR AGAINST SLYTHERIN TO DECIDE WHO GETS THE QUIDDITCH CUP!”

The Gryfinndor supporters cheered the team and James Potter, Captain as they made their way down to the pitch. Lily, Alice, Courtney, Remus and Peter met with James, Sirius, Laura and Amy to congratulate them when they saw the Slytherin team. They all burst out laughing at the sight of them, for some one has given them a very nice set of rabbit ears and tails!

“I don’t think we have to look very for the culprits of this.” Said Lily through her laughing.

“You have no prove to whoever did it.” Replied James

“That coming from you, James, just proved that you and your friends did it.” Giggled Laura.

Everyone laughed at Laura’s statement, her friends were glad that she was smiling again, as she rarely did so nowadays. They all turned to walk back to the castle for lunch when they saw Snape sporting a particularly fine pair of rabbit ears and tail, and burst out laughing all over again, at least nearly everyone except Lily.

“Guess Snape got caught in net!” Said Sirius

“That was not fair you guys! You had no right to single him out like that!” Cried out Lily.

“Come on Lily, it was just a little fun!” Said James.

“Yeah, besides we’ve not played a prank on Snape for ages, he had it coming to him.” Backed up Sirius.

“Lily.” Said Laura understandingly.

“Oh! Fine! Have it your own way! For now anyway…” Gave up Lily.

“Shall we have lunch?” Suggested Remus.

The others agreed and so they went to the Great Hall for lunch.

Sorry it has taken so long but I was struggling to come up with a prank that hasn't been used! Feedback is always good and I love it! you can leave it here. Thanks, Lowrie x

See my homepage!

Last edited by Lowrie; August 8th, 2006 at 8:47 pm.
Old August 27th, 2006, 4:02 pm
First Year

Hello there! This is the beginning of the story now, sort of! Its not very long I know but its the best I could come up with at the moment! So without further delay here is Chapter 7!

Chapter 7 – Evil Times

The next morning as everyone came down to breakfast they found the Great Hall filled, not with those still celebrating Gryffindors’ winning the game, but of sombre, pale people, all doing nothing. They went to their table and sat down.

“What’s the matter? What happened that they’re all like this?” Whispered Alice.

“I don’t know…” Replied Remus.

“I do.” Everyone turned towards Laura, “Listen to this…” they all gathered round her to listen as she read an extract from the Daily Prophet “

“We at the Daily Prophet regret to inform you all that our Minister of Magic had died last night, to tell you the truth, he was murdered. He was found early this morning with an apparition of a skull with a snake coiling out of its mouth above his house. Along with the Minister his family was also killed.
“This is grievous news to the Ministry,” a ministry spokesman said, “we believe that this was the work of one called Lord Voldemort, and we urge the public to be on their guard, and if they know anything about him please come forwards.
A new Minister of Magic is still to be chosen.” Laura finished and set the paper down so that they may see the picture of the skull above the Minister’s house.

“My…” Lily said after a while.

“I’ll second that.” Said James. The rest of the groups just nodded their heads.

The rest of the day was a quite one as everyone just got on with their weekend homework, only asking for help now and then. Soon though Laura was getting fed up with this and decided to talk about it, she was thinking that if they all got it out of their system they would feel better.

“I can’t stond wis being lik dis!” Laura bursts out in the middle of doing her Herbology homework. The others turned to look at her confusingly.

“Laura, our Minster has died, I think we’re entitled to act like this.” Remus said quietly.

“And I kens dat, but I think it wud be best if we talk about it, get it out of our system, then we aal may feel better.” Laura replied. The others just remained quite, and Laura, seeing that she won’t open them up, got up and left. She went to see her mum, knowing that she will hear her out. She knocked on Professor Turner’s door and was granted entrance. Professor looked up to see Laura looking upset.

“Darling whatever is the matter!”

“Mam I hae tae talk tae samwan aboot wit happened last night, no wan else will!”

“Come and sit down.” Professor Turner said kindly, “I have some time with you before I go to the Ministry.”

“Why is du going tae da Ministry?” Laura asked, “I thought you retired to become a teacher.”

“I did, but the Ministry needs everyone with any experience as an Auror to help find this “Lord Voldemort”, so I won’t be around for a while.” Said Professor Turner, “But enough of that, tell me what you want to get off your chest.”

And so that was what Laura did, her mum heard her out, asking questions and discussing every point through with her, for that was how she was brought up, Laura, as Professor Turner as always said, would make a great Auror one day. And in the times to come, the Ministry will Laura and others like her…
When they had finished Professor Turner had to go to the Ministry, and so Laura, happier now, bid her mum to be careful and Professor Turner said likewise, asking Laura to be vigilant and let her know what’s happening at Hogwarts.

The weeks to come were filled with terror as the paper brought more news about the murders that had taken place by Lord Voldemort and his followers, otherwise own as Death Eaters. Soon the friends began to see a pattern emerging in the deaths, they were all muggle born and highly important people. And so they began to fear for themselves and others. Laura feared for her mother, and Lily as she was muggle born. Despite the numerous attempts to apprehend He-Who-Must–not-be-Named, as the wizardering population has come to call him, they were not successful, he was like smoke and so rumours began to form around Hogwarts. Laura wrote to her mum often about these things and how the houses are beginning to separate even more due to these murders. There has always been house rivalry, but it always used to be in good humour in a way, now there was out and out fighting occurring and the teachers are having a hard time controlling the students.

‘It is because of this,’ Laura writes, ‘that I dread to think what the Gryffindor vs Slytherin Quidditch match is going to be like. We are all fine even though the muggleborns and those who are not loyal to Voldemort are subject to “spells gone awry” as the Slytherins claim, so you can see they are getting bolder and openly professing their allegiance to Voldemort… I miss you and could do with you at Hogwarts, but if you can’t please tell me what I should do. Oh before I forget the Headmaster Dumbledore has not being around lately and we all worry why this is, do you have any idea where he could be? As the school begin to worry at not seeing him there.
Much love, Laura.’

dun dun dduunnnn!! so what do you lot think? Let me know in that feedy place!

See my homepage!
Old September 1st, 2006, 10:16 pm
First Year

Chapter 7 continued...
Laura waited for an answer, but she never got one. The topic everyone is talking about is Voldemort and his Death Eaters, Laura and her friends were getting uneasy, the boys, James and Sirius in particular, were determined to become Aurors to help get rid of Voldemort. Even Alice openly wanted to be an Auror, which shocked the girls greatly as they never expected this of her!
It was coming up to the final of Quidditch, Gryfinndor vs Slytherin, when Laura finally got a letter, but it was not from her mum, it was to official looking for that, in fact it was from the Ministry! Her friends gathered round her as she read it out…

‘Dear Miss Turner,
We regret to inform you of the death of your mother, Paige Turner, please be comforted in the knowledge that she died a hero, as she assisted in the capture of one of the Death Eaters. There is to be a burial in the 1st class Merlin Awards Cemmentary next week for you to attend.

My Coloances,

Cornelius Fudge
Minister of Magic’

Included was the First Class Award, however Laura paid this scarce attention as she realized that she had no one left, her whole family dead! Laura looked around at her friends, and then she fainted…

Remus was beside himself. He couldn’t calm down over what had happened to Laura, no matter the reassurances from the boys and Lily. Laura has still not woken, and Madam Pomfrey was beginning to worry that she has shut herself down to avoid the shock of it all. Remus was always at her side whenever it was possible. She was his friend, more than that even, and he just couldn’t, no matter how hard he tried, stop loving her. Little did he know that Laura was in more trouble than anyone will ever know…

James had a problem. Everyone had heard about Laura, and as she was Gryffindors’ best chaser, they knew that they would have no chance of getting that Cup. So he was frantically trying to find another Chaser to play before that Saturday in order to give Laura time to recover. That is if she ever wakes up…

Meanwhile the girls were talking about what had happened to Laura and wondering why…

“Laura never does anything like this, I’m getting worried, why would she?” Asked Amy.

“I know, but maybe it is the fact that she can’t cope with it and just shut down…”Replied Courtney.

“Maybe…” Came Lily’s voice from the corner. She suddenly looked up. “Wait here! I have to check something!” And she left before her friends could ask where she was going…

OHH what next! let me know the link to feedback is in my siggy! Thanks!

See my homepage!

Last edited by Lowrie; September 1st, 2006 at 10:22 pm.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts