Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

ARE YOU A SEER? Post your list of theories, then check to see if you were right v2

Old May 17th, 2006, 10:41 pm
Curse Breaker

ARE YOU A SEER? Post your list of theories, then check to see if you were right v2

WARNING: This is a spoiler free area. For all Deathly Hallows discussion, please head to The Deathly Hallows Forum. Any posts in this thread that are considered to be spoilers shall be deleted by staff. Thank you.

Old version: ARE YOU A SEER? Post your list of theories, then check to see if you were right

First post previous version:    

Since a lot of these theories have their own thread, this is not intended to be a discussion thread, as that would create many duplicate conversations. This is just something I have been doing on my own for a while, and I thought it would be fun for others to participate in as well. (I couldnt find any other thread like this, so I hope I'm safe from deletion.)

Here's what to do: Post a list of all the theories you believe about books 6 & 7 or about the series as a whole, and then when the books come out, we can all come back and see which ones were right, which ones were wrong, and who was closest to figuring everything out. You can include an explanation with each of your theories telling what clues lead you to believe them if you want to.

As new information becomes available (from JKR's website, interviews, etc.) or you reread and interpret something differently you can update your list, but include the date when you make the change so we can see how everyone's guesses morph over time.

ORBITINGELLE's LIST OF THEORIES as of 8/18/04
=============================================

1. Luna Lovegood is a Seer (She reminds me a lot of Trelawny)

2. Neville's parents and the gum wrappers will play an important role (Perhaps they will spell out a message to Neville, like the wrappers on JKR's website)

3. We will find out why/how Fred & George won that odd bet at the Quidditch World Cup (It was too suspicious for it to have been a guess, and it has not yet been explained)

4. Harry and Ginny will get together. Ron and Hermione will get together ("Fall in love" may be too strong of a term since they will still be relatively young at the end of the series, but I definitely think this is how the match ups will play out. The coupling probably won't be a major part of the story)

5. The connection between squibs and kneazles/cats will be explained further I hope!

6. Hopefully there will be more information about the veil and the brains in the Department of Mysteries (I find it very suspicious that the veil was just sitting out in the middle of a room. If it were known to be dangerous, it should have been stored in a safe place. Perhaps someone with malicious intent put it there.)

7. There was more reasoning behind Dumbledore's strange behavior in book 5 (I was not at all satisfied with the reasons we were given for Dumbledore acting so strange. There was a line that stuck out in my head when Harry finds out that Ron is a prefect, he thinks Dumbledore "must not be in his right mind" and I think this is some type of foreshadowing.)

8. The Half-Blood Prince will be a new or underused character, not someone we are already very familiar with (I have no real reason for thinking this other than it has been done this way in the past books. The title always refers to something we know very little or nothing about.)

9. The 3 main characters will survive (There will probably be death of other prominent characters, but I think these 3 will make it)

=========================================

Wow, there are so many great ideas in this thread! These theories were posted here by other people, and I agree with them so I'm adding them to my list too. UPDATED AUGUST 23, 2004.

10. Draco will remain a bad guy, not redeem himself in any way

11. Wormtail will repay his life debt (I don't WANT this so be true, but I suspect it is. If it were me, it would be a matter of honor not to accept ANYthing from the person who killed my parents. But then again, if it were me, I would have killed him.)

12. Neville will play a major part in Bellatrix's downfall (I won't go so far as to say her death, because as we've already seen in the series, the good guys don't kill the bad guys. But I do think JKR will let him have his revenge in some way)

13. Percy will redeem himself (I don't want this to be true either, since I hate him, but since he is a Weasley, I think he will have to come around eventually)

14. We will find out about house elves' "special brand of magic" (perhaps it will help the good guys out, maybe Dobby will return to tell us about it)

15. Harry will become an auror (I'm not so sure about this one, but VERY HOPEFUL)

16. We will find out what everyone else's patronuses are (Or is it patroni?)

17. We will see some of the mysterious creatures Luna talked about (I love this theory! I think Luna is far less crazy than everyone seems to think.)

18. There is something fishy, possibly criminal, going on at St.Mungos. (We have already seen evidence of their lack of security. This could mean someone keeping the Longbottoms ill on purpose, either a corrupt employee or a death eater in disguise.) (Subtheory added 9/7/04: Gilderoy Lockhart is gifted with memory charms. Perhaps he is faking his illness in order to remain in St.Mungo's and stay close enough to the Longbottoms to keep them from regaining their memories. When he tried to curse Ron & Harry, he showed that he is truly evil, not just a lying baffoon. A death eater could easily have recruited him by promising him things in return, since he is always on the lookout for things to advance himself and his career.)

=========================================

ADDED JULY 8, 2005.

19. We will find out more about Neville's forgetfulness, and how it possibly relates to his parents memory problems. It's just too convenient for him to be that clumsy ALL the time. Having his own wand will help, but more than that I hope that the dopey part of his personality is due to some kind of evil charm and once he is free of it, he will come to his full potential. There is also a fishy coincidence that both boys from the prophesy live with relatives other than their parents who are not very nice to them. There seems to be some theme as far as the important characters having to endure situations like this "for their own good" even though they are miserable.

20. Harry will become closer to Luna, possibly in a semi-romantic way but not necessarily. I've always thought he'd end up with Ginny, who is still the most likely choice in my opinion as far as the books are concerned, but I personally like Luna a lot, so I'm predicting/hoping his friendship with her progresses.

21. The DADA position is indeed "cursed" and will be filled by a new person each school year.

22. There are eerie similarities between the young Peter Pettigrew and Colin Creevey. Not so much a theory as an observation. It would be interesting if it became important.

23. Snape is not really after the DADA teaching job. It's just a rumor. I saw someone else write this and I suddenly realized that I've thought this all along.

Last few posts:    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry
Draco Malfoy will join the Order (it's that or he will be killed for failing his task)

Madam Rosmerta is RAB (death is just figurative, she talked with the Minister and important teachers about Harry's past in PoA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by limi
1. We'll see a significant imrpvement in the Weasleys' financial state (Arthur was promoted and most of their children now live on their own)
2. Hagrid will become Gryffindor's new head of house
3. Fawkes will return, and maybe stay with Harry (something which Hedwig won't like)
4. Dumbledore would leave all or most of the things he owned to Harry, including a house into which Harry Ron and Hermione will move and of course the pensieve.
5. Aberforth will give Harry all the things Mundungus stole from 12 Grimmauld Place (he'll buy them from him)
6. The trio will survive, and so will Ginny. Voldemort would be finished, but I'm not sure if he'll be dead. In any case, Harry wouldn't use any unforgivables on him.
7. DEs would attack 4 Privet Drive.
8. We'll see proof to one of Luna's bizzar beliefs.
9. Petter will pay his life debt.
10. Snape will survive. He'll turn out to be good, but as Ron said: that doesn't stop him being a git.
11. When everything is over, Harry will free Kreacher. (to Hermione's delight)
12. Harry will find an old teddy-bear or another toy he once had at Godric's Hollow, along with other more significant things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villemo
1. Tonsk and Lupin will announce that they are getting married during Bill and Fleur's wedding.
2. In August Harry will set off to look for the remaining horcruxes, but probably he won't find anything
4. Harry will return to Hogwarts
5. Aunt Petunia will tell Harry that her mother used to date Snape but then she chose James.
6. While everybody will be comimg back home in June, Hogwarts express will be attacked by Voldermort and his followers. In the final battle:
-Tonks will be seriously hurt when she will try to protect Remus when Snape will be trying to kill him. By using all her love she will be able to defeat Snape's avada kedavra and the curse will hit Snape
-McGonagall will lose her life while trying to protect the students
-Voldermort will kill Peter who will earlier refuse to kill Harry (rememberinh his debt)
-Voldermort will be trying to kill Harry but Ginny, Hermiona, Ron and the others will protect him so the curse will hit Voldermort and he will be finished
-then Dubledore's ghost will appear to tell Harry how to destroy the remaining horcruxes.
-Sirius will come back because it will turned out the veil was the gate to Azkaban and he managed to escape again.
-And we will have three marriages Tonks and Remus, Hermiona and Ron, Harry and Ginny.

Please continue.

It's time for some football!

J.K. Rowling's Official Website FAQs

Last edited by gertiekeddle; July 23rd, 2007 at 6:09 pm. Reason: i should look where i am...
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2006, 10:58 pm
Second Year

Re: ARE YOU A SEER? Post your list of theories, then check to see if you were right v2

1. Luna will play a big role for finding the horcruxes
2. Ginny will die
3. R.A.B. is Regulus Balck
4. the unopenable locket at the Black house is a horcrux
5. Lupin will kill Fenrir
6. The ravenclaw horcrux is a wand...
7. Dumbledore is not dead
8. Petunia will reveal a secret
9. Fred and George will have invent something important.
10. Harry really loves luna

Potty lurves Loony!
-----------------------------
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest
treasure - Luna Lovegood-

Last edited by obbesivelunafan; August 26th, 2006 at 11:21 pm.
Old May 17th, 2006, 11:00 pm
Second Year

Re: ARE YOU A SEER? Post your list of theories, then check to see if you were right v

1. Aunt Petunia's magical abilities (or lack thereof) will be important and will be revealed.
2. Snape will have a good reason for killing Dumbledore.
3. Dumbledore's portrait will have pertinent information for Harry.
4. Why it is important that Harry has Lily's eyes will be revealed.
5. Draco will redeem himself.
6. Peter Pettigrew will pay his life debt to Harry.
7. Harry will defeat Lord Voldemort. And once he does, he will no longer have the scar.
8. Ron and Hermione will finally get together.
9. There'll be at least one more person-important-to-Harry death.
10. Neville will revenge his parents.
11. The horcruxes will be revealed and destroyed.
12. Who R.A.B. is will be revealed.

Some are rather obvious. But I tend to err in predictions on the cautious side.

Old May 17th, 2006, 11:52 pm
First Year

Re: ARE YOU A SEER? Post your list of theories, then check to see if you were right v2

Apologies for being repetitive!

1. Aunt Petunia will reveal something important about Lily to Harry and/or give him something that was hers before he leaves
2. Percy will be seduced to the dark side and pay for it with his life - he may, in fact, inadvertently betray his own family
3. Hogwarts will be open, but Harry will only go to have some heart-to-heart with Dumbledore's portrait and possible a memory or two!
4. We'll find out that Lily worked in the locked-door room in the Department of Mysteries
5. Harry will bring Draco over to the "good" side: it will be necessary for all the houses to unite before VM can be defeated
6. He'll find an important horcrux clue when he goes to Godric's Hollow
7. The unknown Horcrux is the "wand on the pillow" from Ollilvanders - it was Rowena Ravenclaws and he slipped it to Neville the day before he "disappeared" for safekeeping.
8. Snape will die after some amazing act that redeems him as really being in the Order all along.
9. We'll find out that Snape made an "unbreakable vow" with Dumbledore where Dumbledore forced Snape to have to kill him on the tower to save Draco.
10. I think Lupin will die - the other "someone close" to Harry. All the original Marauders will be gone, including....
11. Peter Pettigrew, who will redeem his debt to Harry and, probably die in the process
12. "Lily's eyes" will provide Harry with the key to defeating Voldemort
13. Harry will "Vanquish" VM at the end, but he will also die at the end, his scar gone

For more, click the link in my sig!

"Happy Christmas, Lord Voldemort"
*winner 2007 Phoenix Rising's 'Mistletoe & Mayhem' Contest*
for a bit of sad, read:"Her Mother's Chair"
and for all other short stories, including T & B 'missing moments', go here:
Trust & Betrayal: a one-shot collection
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:34 am
First Year

Re: ARE YOU A SEER? Post your list of theories, then check to see if you were right v

Harry will learn Occlumency (Read HBP where he's dueling Snape).

Old May 18th, 2006, 5:00 am
Fourth Year

1umbledore is (was) the heir of Gryffindor
2:Snape is bad
3:Hermione's parents will be killed
4:Mundungus sold the locket horcrux
5:There is a reason Godric's hollow has a founder's name
6:Ron will die (maybe, but i certainly hope not)
7:Harry will defeat Voldemort
8:The two-way mirors will play an important part
9:We will see more of the pensive
10umbledore will have left most of his posessions to Harry
11:Harry will not be going back to Hogwarts

Old May 18th, 2006, 5:04 am
Second Year

1. Tonks will some how give big advise to Harry
2. Love has a lot to do with Harry killing Voldermort
3. Something bad (well good in my opinian) will happen to Wormtail.

He was laughing at her. "Come on, you can do better than that!" he yelled, his voice echoing around the cavernous room. The second jet of light hit him squarely on the chest. -OotP
Old May 18th, 2006, 5:35 am
Second Year

1. Ron will die.
2. I think there's a good chance Harry will die in the act of killing Voldemort, but I'm still not sure if his scar is a horcrux.
3. Snape's good, lol
4. Dumbledore's "murder" was planned by him and Snape
5. Good chance of Dumbledore faking his death
6. Wormtail will use his silver hand to help Harry and hinder Voldemort somehow
7. Dumbledore is/was/whatever the heir of Gryffindor
8. Neville will play a large part in Harry's fight against Voldemort
9. Good chance of Mirror of Erised being involved again (Look in it wanting to know where to find a horcrux but not use it, lol)
10. Harry will get trapped at some point, somehow...

Old May 20th, 2006, 4:42 am
Second Year

Okay, I've posted my theories in v1 and would like to add to the list. So here's the new list:

1. Harry will definitely return to Hogwarts.

2. RAB = Regulus Black.

3. Lily - Snape: they had something going on between them. My theory is a crush - Snape had a crush on Lily. Petunia completes the Snape - Lily picture.

4. Snape is on nobody's side, and he will redeem himself. He will die of course.

5. Harry's eyes: has something to do with Lily's powers. Voldemort will look into Harry's eyes during their final showdown and see Lily. Lily's sacrifice will again come into play.

6. Dumbledore's gleam of triumph: Voldemort has a new body composed of Harry's blood, Wormtail's flesh and Tom Riddle Sr.'s bone - nowhere as 'pure' as Voldemort would have liked to have thought. He no longer has his mother's blood - thus technically speaking he is no longer descended from Salazar Slytherin. And he has his mortal enemy's blood running through his veins. This screams disaster for Voldemort.

7. Dumbledore is dead. Sorry to be so blunt. (Nor will Sirius come back.) Dumbledore will give Harry counsel through his portrait and memories to be viewed in the pensieve.

8. Deaths: Hagrid is a prime suspect. And one of the Weasleys - Bill or Charlie. My theory is that it is Charlie.

9. Oh, and Charlie is the new DADA teacher.

10. Harry is a Horcrux, and he will be faced with the obvious choice.

11. Ron steps in and somehow 'sacrifices' himself for Harry. I might be disastrously mistaken on that. It could be Hermione. Either way...

12. I think Harry will die. But not before defeating Voldemort.

I like the number 12. Very magical. .

The Sorting Hat made a huge mistake when it sorted yours truly into Gryffindor
Old May 20th, 2006, 4:51 am
Second Year

1: The locket in Sirius's house is a Horcrux.
2: Luna will play an importent role.
3: Ginny will leave school to find Harry and the others.
4: Ron and Hermione will still be together.
5: Harry will kill Snape.
6: After the final battle Harry and Ginny will be together forever, and live as a very happy family. (I'm a sap for the whole happy ending thing.)

Magykal experence

Join the movement to kick Peter Pettigrew out of the Marauders!
Make James, Sirius, Remus, Fred and George the REAL Marauders!
Add this to your signature to join!

I ship Fluffy/Hedwig
Old May 20th, 2006, 3:25 pm
First Year

1. Dumblydore is dead
2. Snape is bad
3. Harry is not a horcrux
4. Draco will help harry somehow
5. All or most of the Weasley's will be killed early in the book either at the wedding or prior to it. Included will be Ron, Ginny & Molly. Percy will survive & see the error of his ways. The twins will survive.
6. Harry realises that Hermione is made for him & that he can't do it without her. He needs her. She loves him.
7. Aberforth will play a big part somewhere.
8. Grawp will counter the giant(s) helping Voldy.
9. The book will be called Harry Potter and the Dark Lord.
10. Voldy will visit 4 Privet Drive on Harry's 17th Birthday. Harry will save the Dursleys.

Old May 22nd, 2006, 3:30 am
First Year

My list is short.
  • Harry will not spend much time looking for Voldemort's Horcruxes--someone will have already gathered and collected them. The major part of Harry's efforts in the book will be to convince this person to relinquish these priceless relics.
  • Snape will redeem himself, but will die doing so.
  • The ending will be happy. This necessarily means that Voldemort will die, and the trio survives.

Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:28 pm
First Year

1. Harry will return to Hogwarts but only to search the castle for a Horcrux.
2. Harry will spend most of book 7 searching and locating the Horcruxes.
3. Snape really is evil but isn't on Voldemorts side, in fact he wants to kill Voldemort too.
4. Wormtail will risk his life unexpectidly for Harry thus saving him from Voldemorts clutches but not as a climax to the story, I think it will happen early in.
5. Trewlawney will be captured by Voldemort and will be tortured for what she knows.
6. Hogwarts will open again.

Advertise your site with us. Transfiguration Today is a fun, active and friendly Harry Potter site that likes to give a little of most things Potter. Are you a Death Eater or an Order Member? Come join us the War has indeed begun!Transfiguration Today
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:31 pm
First Year

My Theories

As of May 22, 2006 -

1. Ron and Hermione will start a relationship.
2. Hagrid will die...
3. ...and Lupin will, too.
4. Ginny will get back together with Harry or at least help him in finding Horcruxes/defeating Voldemort.
5. Pettigrew will repay his debt to Harry.
6. Harry will defeat Voldemort and fulfill the prophecy! YAY!
7. Harry will inform Neville of the contents of the prophecy.
8. Dumbledore is, indeed, dead. So is Fawkes. *UPDATE* - Jo says that Dumbledore is dead. "Don't expect him to pull a Gandalf."
9. Hogwarts will remain open for the next school year with a new headmistress - Professor McGonagall.
10. Bill and Fleur's wedding will bring Harry and Ginny and Ron and Hermione closer together.
11. Harry will be able to see what happened the night his parents died through the Pensieve. He can place his memory of the "blinding green light"/Avada Kedavra into the Pensieve and, hopefully, be able to see what went on besides the Avada Kedavra curse.
12. The trio lives on to grow old and play bingo together.
13. Neville and Luna will play increasingly important roles in Book 7.
14. Mad-Eye Moody will assist Harry on his quest to defeat Voldemort.
15. R.A.B. is Regulus Black.
16. Slughorn will be loyal to the Order.

As of June 26, 2006 -

17. Harry and Malfoy will not become "friends" per se, but they will aid one another at some point in DH.
18. The 2-Way Mirror can and will be repaired magically and it will be useful to Harry.
19. Percy will be too arrogant to apologize to his family.
20. Harry will return to Hogwarts.
21. We will see the Room of Requirement several times throughout Book 7.
22. Dudley's bad memory that he was forced to relive because of the Dementors of Book 5 was when he found out that Harry was a wizard. I know he acts like Harry is a freak, but I speculate that he puts on this show to conceal his jealousy.
23. Aunt Petunia will become much more courteous to Harry.
24. The infamous locket from Book 5 at Grimmauld Place is the Horcrux that R.A.B. stole.
25. Harry is not a Horcrux.
26. Dumbledore will leave many of his posessions to Harry, some of which will help him on his quest to defeat Voldemort.
27. Bill is not a full werewolf.
28. Crookshanks is part Kneazle.
29. We will find a spy for Voldemort in the Order of the Phoenix.
30. Snape is evil. (I might change my mind on this one a few times, but ever since Book 6 was released, I've been leaning towards the "Snape is evil" theory, as opposed to the "Snape is good" theory.)
31. Ollivander and Florean Fortescue have been dead ever since they were reported missing in Book 6.

As of April 21, 2007 -

32. Harry and Voldemort will stand alone at either Godric's Hollow or the Death Chamber in the final battle.
33. Gringotts will play a significant role in DH.
34. The "triumphant gleam" in Dumbledore's eye at the end of GOF means that Voldemort's posession of Harry's blood will ultimately lead to his downfall.
35. Draco Malfoy is marked for death...
36. ...as are Snape...
37. ...and Bellatrix Lestrange.
38. Harry will find it necessary to probe Kreacher for information about R.A.B.
39. Dumbledore's line "But in essence divided?" (OotP) will be highly important in DH, as will be the contraption he was communicating with.
40. Hermione will use her knowledge of Ancient Runes and Arithmancy to aid Harry in finding the Horcruxes.

Introducing: Viktor Krum, Abercrombie & Fitch's newest male model

"I put ze KRUM in ABERKRUMBIE!"

(\__/)
(O.O )
(> < )
Bunnymort for President!

Last edited by buckbeak_62442; April 21st, 2007 at 5:45 pm.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 1:01 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
14. Harry will visit a muggle tatoo parlor and get a Hungarian Horntail tatooed on his chest. But he will NEVER show Romilda Vane.
my favorite theory ever!!!!

um...besides what jkr told us
snape loved lily
hagrid will die
voldemort will die
the trio and ginny will (knock on wood) survive
harry will then get run over by the knight bus
wormtail will prove himself a double-triple crosser and betray voldemort
lily is the heir of gryffindor
harry is the heir of gryffindor
thats part of the reason voldy chose him
harry is a horcrux
voldy did that on purpose because he was the heir of gryffindor and so he couldn't fullfll the prophecy and kill voldemort (hed have to kill himself first), and voldemort would do anything he could to prevent that from happening
jkr is secretly rita skeeter
harry is secretly spongebob
hermione is secretly marrissa cooper
ron is secretly jake long
ginny is secretly miley stewart
james is secretly phil from phil of the future
sirius is secretly timmy turner
moony is secretly jimmy nuetron
wormtail is secretly logan from gilmore girls
voldemort is secretly him
snape is secretly mojojojo
neville is secretly chuckie
dumbledore is secretly tommy pickles
bellatrix is secretly dora the explorer
ron will slip on a banana

Old May 23rd, 2006, 2:14 am
First Year

This is a bit of an oddball theory, but here goes..

I think it's odd that J.K. spent so much time in the Ministry showdown scene of OotP discussing..time. There were the smashed time turners, the belljar that seemed to warp time into some kind of cycle, and so forth. I don't set an incredible amount of stock by the "two-book rule," but even without it, it seems like we're being prepped for something big regarding time.

I have to wonder, how are time turners made? They're obviously controlled pretty strictly by the Ministry, but then again, so is Animagus magic (and we all know that the Mauraders certainly managed to overcome that particular barrier unbeknownst to the Ministry). What would happen if someone were to fashion some kind of time turner, and possibly meddle with things? Or travel to the future and bring back news of what fate holds? It seems a bit far fetched, but it's a fun concept to entertain..especially if my personal favorite geniuses of the series, the Weasley twins, have anything to do with the discovery.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 4:09 am
Second Year

I think Jo spent so much time with the Ministry scene because that was the climax of the book, and where the major plot for books 5 through 7 was started.

I think it isn't well known how to make a time turner. Those who know how to make them probably never tell, or divulge even remotely close how to make one.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 2:54 pm
Sixth Year

Okay, this is a List in Progress:

1. RAB is/was Regulus
2. Dumbledore and Sirius are both unalterably dead.
3. Aberforth tells Harry something about Albus that is crucial!
4. Luna has a larger role, something about her is important (seer?)
5. Snape dies
6. Ron or Hermione dies ( I don't want it to happen, but I have a bad feeling)
7. Harry lives (not sure yet, but I do hope so!)
8. there are no regular classes at Hogwarts this year, and no new DADA teacher.
9. Harry is NOT the heir of Gryffindor. But it may be that Dumbledore is.
10. we will learn more about the four founders and/or their heirs.
11. we will see more of Lupin
12. Ginny will end up coming on the horcrux quest
13. the members of the "horquest" will receive help from an unexpected place (Aberforth? Snape? [without them knowing it?])
14. Neville is going to really prove himself in this book. So much so that Voldemort may regret that he went after Harry instead of Neville
15. Harry is NOT a horcrux
16. something terrible may happen at Bill+Fleur's wedding..not sure about this, though.
17. Draco will NOT come over to the good side.
18. Lupin may die (although I pray he doesn't! )
19. Dumbledore is not going to "appear" in any way, shape or form to give Harry advice. The only way Harry will be able to find out Dumbledore's thoughts is through Aberforth.
20. Harry will "discover" Aberforth early in the book.
21. Snape is quite the horrible person, but he's not as loyal to Voldemort as he would have Bella think.

That's all for the moment...

Old May 23rd, 2006, 3:14 pm
First Year

1. Harry is not a horcrux- since he is the only one who can kill Voldy he would have to effectivly kill himself first and then kill Voldy and that is impossible
2. Harry will use one of Fred and George's products to kill Voldemort
3. I think Wormtail will turn out like Wormtounge in Lord of the Rings. There's a lot of likenesses between the two sitituations. In Lord of the Rings he stabs Saraman and a hobbit shoots him, so that would mean maybe he'll kill not Voldemort but Snape or one of the minor evil guys- like Voldy's second-in-command. And then maybe Harry or one of the kids will kill him. Who knows?
4. Another Lord of the Rings reference- I think Dumbledore will come back. In Lord of the Rings Gandalf fell down into an abyss and everyone thought he was gone forever, but in The Two Towers, (book 2) he came back more powerful than ever. Gandalf and Dumbledore both:
1.Have long white beards
2. Have a soft spot for small people
3. Are powerful wizards
4.Often do things that no one else knows about
5.Fell of or into something while fighting
6.While Dumbledore is in the order, Gandalf was part of the Fellowship of the Ring
7. Right before they 'died' both went through a long, dark,scary place( Mines of Moria, and the Caves around the Horcrux)
I really think we will see some form of Dumbledore again, though maybe a bit changed- Gandalf went from being Gandalf the Grey to Gandalf the White

Old May 23rd, 2006, 7:21 pm
Sixth Year

I am going out on a limb and will make some wild specific suggestions

1.Ron, Hermione and other order members will show up at the Dursley's the night before Harry's birthday. At the stroke of midnight Death Eaters will show up and a big battle will commence. Someone from the Order will die. Harry and the rest escape taking the Dursley's with them for the Dursley's are now in danger.
2.They will take the Dursley's to 12 Grimmauld Place where once inside Harry will be greeted by Dumbledore who is now in hiding. Harry will suspect a trick and ask Dumbledore about Jam preferences and what the prophecy about Harry and Voldemort included. Dumbledore will fill Harry in on why he had to fake his death in order to protect Draco from Voldemort. Snape will now appear to be good. Draco may be hiding at 12 Grimmauld place as well.
3. Dumbledore will have had someone bring the Vanishing cabinet from Borgin and Burkes to 12 Grimmauld place so that Harry will have a means of leaving Hogwarts safely and undetected to hunt horcruxes when necessary. Dumbledore will convince Harry to return to Hogwarts as a student for his final year of education.
4. Draco and Harry will now be joined in the fight against Voldemort though they will never be friends. But they will no longer be out to get each other.
5. Bill, Charlie, Krum and Grawp will all be important characters helping in the horcrux hunt.
6. Harry will be trying to avoid Death Eaters, the Ministry and Rita from finding out what he is up too as he is hunting the horcruxes.
7. After the final battle with Voldemort...Dumbledore will turn out to really be Snape in disguise and Snape killed Dumbledore after Fawkes brought Dumbledore back to Snape after the funeral. Voldemort will then become a ghost.
8. Snape will be the new leader of the Death Eaters and attempt to kill Harry. Wormtail will repay his Life Debt to Harry at this point. Snape will be defeated.
9. Harry will discover how he has been using his ability to love to strengthen his magic.
10. Snape tricked Dumbledore because Fawkes cryed out during Snapes confession to Dumbledore. That is why Dumbledore trusted Snape and believed he had turned good.
11. Wormtail was in love with Lily.

Now if I could only figure out what the cheese cauldron is for.

Adding some more as of 6/23/2006
12. The book will open with a battle at Hogwarts. Voldemort's Army will be attacking those attending Dumbledore's funeral to try and take out all of those standing in Voldemort's way of achieving power.
13. Harry will display how powerful he is to everyone but knows he can not kill Voldemort yet.
14. Everyone will be questioning Harry why he didn't kill Voldemort during the first battle
15. Dumbledore(Snape) will explain to Harry that as the "Chosen One" only he has the influence to Unite the 4 houses and the wizarding world to battle Voldemort until the other horcruxes are destroyed.
16. Draco will be key in bringing the Slytherins to unite with the other houses.
17. Dumbledore(Snape) devised a plan back in OotP to unite the houses by manipulating Draco.
18. Harry will search for the Hufflepuff horcrux in Gringott's caverns under the London Underground.
19. After Harry builds the army he will make Ron the commander of it.

Still wondering what Trevor is going to do.

Last edited by Fuelpagan; October 30th, 2006 at 7:14 pm. Reason: Modifications some of my theories.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies