Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

When will book 7 start?

Old July 14th, 2006, 8:39 pm
Master of the Magical Arts

Re: WHEN will book 7 start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwrm988
Thanks Meesha 1971! I guess I missed that article.
It would be kind of cool though if book 7 picked up right where book 6 left off. Yeah, it would be totally different than the first six, but this book is likely going to be utterly different than all the others anyway-especially considering it's going to involve the deaths of at least either voldemort or harry, if not both.
I suspected that when HBP ended before they got on the train. That's a break in the pattern there because the first five books all ended with them taking the Hogwarts Express back to Kings Cross.

I think Jo did that because something is going to happen on the train ride home that will reveal a lot and she didn't want to give too much away in HBP.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2006, 8:49 pm
First Year

I did read that HP7 will start off exactly where HP6 left off. I think this will be exciting, new, and sensicle. These are not times for long periods of elapsed time. :-D

>>x0 *** Bo0tab3gga

Old July 14th, 2006, 11:32 pm
First Year

I personally think that book 7 will start on platform 9 3/4. I don't think that the return to London will have much importance, but on the platform we'll get the confrontation between Ron, Hermione and their families, when they tell they are going with Harry (If the Dursleys are on the platform, that will be a nice scene too. I'd love to see it)

I think there will only be a few hours between the end of HBP and the beginning of book 7

Loyal Gryffindor

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!
Old July 15th, 2006, 5:53 am
First Year

A week or two after the ending of HBP.
I can't see it starting RIGHT after HBP ended, everyone needed a break, even though so much just happened.
Just like the other books, there will probably be a recap of minor things that happened in the previous days, but it will be a little of a break.

1-Bill and Fleur's wedding will have to take place, which will probably show us that the world needs a little more love.
2-Voldemort attacks will probably on the news, and the Order will have reports to share with Harry and others.
3-Harry has to stay with the Dursley's one more summer, even for a short period of time, and I think that Harry coming of age means that he probably has to spend his birthday with his Aunt and Uncle, which could be very interesting.
4-Horcrux hunting will also be important. But the summer will probably just be build up for finding them, finding/cracking clues left by Dumbledore, and other people(RAB).

This all means (to me) that a good portion of the book needs to happen in the summer, and I think that means that 1-2 weeks into June would be most probable.

Also, BIG QUESTION of mine..... Where will Harry's home base be? If he's not going back to Hogwarts, where will he come home to every night? I can't seem him inn-hopping. Grimmauld Place, a possibility, but too many memories? Godric's Hollow? I can't picture Harry inhabiting a place where he's never been before, all by himself, probably pretty worn down house, even as a 17 year old. Oh well, that's probably another thread, I'll stop talking now.

____________________________________________()
___________________________________________ (|)
BOWLER
Old July 15th, 2006, 6:07 am
BANNED... No really they are...

Re: How much time will be unrecorded?

I also noticed that only a few weeks, or maybe even a couple, passed when HBP began. I think the only time that will elapse in book 7 will be the time it takes everyone to go back to the castle after the funeral or the train. Maybe we'll get some kind of information about Malfoy, Snape, Dumbledore, Voldemort, or maybe even about the Horcruxes. Action the first chapter will be too much, I think. I believe that it will be a very poignant chapter in which Harry will reminisce about Dumbledore. Voldemort might attack because he has so many of his enemies united in one place, but I don't think he will. I think the real action will start the night Harry comes of age.

ALL HAIL THE PIXIE QUEEN TINKIE!!
Mave, RN.
Winner of Happiest Hoggie Award (2011).
Old July 15th, 2006, 6:40 am
First Year

Maybe it will be like Mortal Kombat and pick up where it left off with an attack? Any thoughts on this matter?

Old July 15th, 2006, 8:52 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_downloader
Maybe it will be like Mortal Kombat and pick up where it left off with an attack? Any thoughts on this matter?
That was lame. Johnny Cage got OWNED in the first 5 minutes of the film. That was a sad day for Video Game movies.

Oh yeah...Book 7 will start.

IN THE YEAR 2000

Old July 15th, 2006, 8:55 am
Oracle Octopus

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_downloader
Erm.. I don't think so but yeah the ending is significant as Meesha1971
said that something is going to happen on the train ride home that will reveal a lot and she didn't want to give too much away in HBP.

Old July 15th, 2006, 12:20 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasleytwin
It depends on when Bill and Fleur's wedding is. I think he'll probably leave the Dursleys's to go to the wedding and then not go back.
I do agree this could be possible begining. I do think it will be at midnight on his birthday with him leavin

Power: A Collection An attempt at one shot fics. Latest Chapter The Trap

Get the daily news on the The Daily Prophet or read past articles in the Daily Prophet Archives

Old July 15th, 2006, 12:34 pm
Second Year

Harry will stay at the Dursley's as he always has, he will probably wait until July 31st to leave, meanwhile he'll be deciding on what his first step will be since he's not going to school this year (as he stated in HBP).

Last edited by GryssomArgyle; July 15th, 2006 at 12:37 pm.
Old July 17th, 2006, 11:52 am
Second Year

I think the book will start either on the eve of or on the day of Harrys 17th Birthday, Petunia will inform Harry of something and then Harry will leave for the Wesleys wedding.

Old July 17th, 2006, 1:44 pm
Second Year

I have a feeling it'll begin when the trio arrive in Kings Cross Station when Ron and Hermione have to tell their parents their plans so that would be right where HBP left off
or
sometime before Harry's birthday like they usually begin

check out my fics: Beyond the skies and feedback here, Beyond Reach and feedback here, A Heart's Treasure - one shots and feedback here my sequel Forever Charmed and feedback here and my other next gen fic Setting the Example and feedback here check out these people's fics: celtmama , blue_rose, Beki14, IMissPadfoot, ASM , blue3ski, remusfan, sheilajsn, blood_river, Scamantha, Psyche3, marianna58, baseballblondie, scd, marauderfan, Melaszka, PotterLove07, Fury, Pollux_Black, styphon and USNAGator91. I'm THE Clown of IBP, KEBA, DWW + BLD.
Old July 17th, 2006, 3:24 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidney Pie
Harry is going back because Dumbledore wanted him to. I don't know what is going to happen there, but it is going to be important. I think something will be revealed to Harry. Petunia takes Harry aside and tells him something, a message from Dumbledore that she is supposed to tell him upon him leaving.
I think this is EXACTLY what's going to happen. We already know that Dumbledore had sent mroe than oen letter to Petunia. I think that it's quite likely that the three owls we saw flying to the Dursely house in the opening chapter of book one, were all delivering letters from Dumbledore to Petunia. (One owl flys past the jkitchen window unnoticed, and two fly over McGonnogal's head as she sits on the garden wall watching the house.)

:: POTTERMORE INFO ::
NAME: CloakWing
HOUSE: Gryffindor
WAND: Cypress, 13 3/4 in., Phoenix Feather Core, Surprisingly Swishy
Old July 17th, 2006, 3:34 pm
First Year

I think it will start with a different story line other than harry's. Maybe Snape and what he is doing, and then come to Harry in the holiday, not missing much time out from where it left off.

Old July 17th, 2006, 3:49 pm
Fifth Year

The first book started on the day that Harry first came to live with the Dursleys. It's only fitting that the last book should start on his last day there. And that will probably be the day of his seventeenth birthday. That doesn't mean that he'll only spend one day there though. I imagine that there will be some back-story explaining what he's been doing up to that point. Of course this is just my opinion, the book may start with Voldemort, the way that GOF did.

Old July 17th, 2006, 5:18 pm
First Year

I think, as many others do, that it will begin at Number 4, Privet Drive. All the others books have begun there, and JK seems really keen on keepign everything "full circle" and tieing everything up.

I also agree that something important is gonig to happen there, involving Petunia. I'm not sure what, but it's definately going to be important. Also, JK says we'll find out what Dudley saw when they dementors attacked, so she'll probably try to fit that in somewhere as well.

Old July 17th, 2006, 6:16 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I could definalty see book 7 starting right where it left off. Or perhaps it will start with a dream or something else similar. Or maybe it will start with the train ride home? Then to the Dursleys. It will be interesting to see where JK begins book 7.

Elizebeth: Barbosa marry us.
(best movie scene ever!)

"

Will Turner: "It depends on the one day.
Old July 17th, 2006, 6:19 pm
Mrs Gilbert Grape

I think he will stay until July 31st. Why would he say he would and not do it. I guess maybe the tension will be great to leave the Dursleys, but I think he'll hold out.

Old July 17th, 2006, 6:32 pm
Second Year

Well, I don't think he has to stay until his birthday. In HBP he celebrated his birthday at the burrow, so I don't think he actually has to be there until his birthday. He just has to go back there once more, to call it his childhood home. Plus, Ron and Hermione are going to be with him, so I doubt they stay long.

I think book 7 will open with them on the Hogwarts express, going home. The Dursley's will meet him at the station, as always, and then all h*ll will break loose when he says he has friends coming to stay. I think he will find out something important about his aunt in book 7, but maybe not until later in the story. I don't think there will be an attack while at Privet Drive, seeing as he still has protection there until he turns 17.

*Disclaimer: I did not read all 3 pages of replies before responding. So, I apologize if I repeated anyone!*

Old July 17th, 2006, 6:38 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabaSun
I think, as many others do, that it will begin at Number 4, Privet Drive. All the others books have begun there, and JK seems really keen on keepign everything "full circle" and tieing everything up.
Actually, HBP started in the Prime Minister's office, went to Spinners End, and then went to Privet drive.

However, I agree that this will be th emost likely place to start the story off. I think we will be shown what kind of a time Harry has had here since his last return from Hogwarts, but I doubt we will "see" much of it. If he shares anything it will probably be just from recounts to Ron/Hermione or in author's narrative.

:: POTTERMORE INFO ::
NAME: CloakWing
HOUSE: Gryffindor
WAND: Cypress, 13 3/4 in., Phoenix Feather Core, Surprisingly Swishy

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies