Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

When will book 7 start?

Old July 17th, 2006, 6:55 pm
First Year

Re: WHEN will book 7 start?

In HBP, I believe Dumbledore says, allow Harry to return once more, before his 17th birthday, to ensure that his mother's protection will continue until that time (that time being his birthday). I don't think he says that Harry will have to stay until his 17th. So my guess is that Harry will check in at the Dursley's one final time (unless he returns at the end of the book...hmmm...interesting thought...but for another time), then head out to the Burrow for what I affectionately call the Cursed Phlegm wedding.

"Ah music, a magic beyond all we do here..."
"Really, Hagrid, if you are holding out for universal popularity, I'm afraid you will be in this cabin for a very long time."
Join the movement to kick Peter Pettigrew out of the Marauders! Make James, Sirius, Remus, Fred and George the REAL Marauders! Add this to your signature to join! A proud member of Dear Dumby as Penelope ClearwaterProud Member of PA
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2006, 7:51 pm
Zonko's Employee

When? I hope it starts back at the Dursleys, you know? Keep the tradition flowing , but it is was Dumbeldore wanted and it is sort of required for Harry. He needs to. I mean we were supposed to end Book 6 on the train, at King's Cross, or something, but we ended at the lake instead so we could see a change in our usual beginning style of being at Privet Drive somehow.

It would be interesting if Jo just picked up where we left off; by the lake. I still see it at the Dursleys though. Harry will get to the Burrow for the wedding and Godric's Hollow and all the Horcrux hunts in due course, Im sure, just not at the very beginning. Jo must first explain it detail what has happened in previous chapters, and the calm atmosphere of Privet Drive will help get her points across without confusion.

Old July 17th, 2006, 10:25 pm
Second Year

Well Harry never said he'd wait till 7/31/97. He just said he'd be going to the Dursleys. I doubt he'd be there for long. I think it'll start a couple days at the most after school gets out.

Ravenclaw
94% obsessed
Old July 17th, 2006, 11:03 pm
First Year

Considering the rate things are moving at in Harry's world at the moment, I don't believe that Rowling would leave that much time inbetween the 6th and 7th books in the series. The events on hand at this time are too important to overlook in the transition from the 6th to 7th books. Also, Rowling might also want more time to explain what is going through Harry's mind, therefore starting the 7th book earlier on in the summer.

Also, the search for the horcruxes may start before the start of the school season at Hogwarts, forcing her to start the book earlier, therefor shortening the length between books.

Old July 17th, 2006, 11:06 pm
Second Year

I think it will start while Harry is still at Hogwarts because I suspect that something important ill happen during the train ride home

Ambition, Courage, Hard work, and Logic

All FOUR of them are necessary
Old July 17th, 2006, 11:16 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes_green
I think it will start while Harry is still at Hogwarts because I suspect that something important ill happen during the train ride home

Wow, nice theory. I like it, this sheds a whole new light on the way I think about this.

Old July 17th, 2006, 11:37 pm
Fourth Year

Book 7 will start immediately after Harry defeats Voldy. It will say nothing about how he managed to find the Horcruxes or bested Voldy, and will continue with a completely unrelated plotline about Hermione's parents' dentist practice.

Old July 18th, 2006, 2:19 am
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_ned
Book 7 will start immediately after Harry defeats Voldy. It will say nothing about how he managed to find the Horcruxes or bested Voldy, and will continue with a completely unrelated plotline about Hermione's parents' dentist practice.
So we just skip passed the story? Hmmm, you mean we wont ever get to see the ending? That would be pretty horribl; though it has happened to a few good stories. I read one series called The Solos or something like that and the final book 3 was not made, though it was said it was. The author said Book 3 was up to us. I hope JKR doesn't do that ...

Old July 18th, 2006, 3:28 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_ned
hilarious

But, I think JKR will give us a little bit of everything in Book 7, including a little bit of Harry's stay at the Dursley's... (one last time)....

Gloucester Cathedral cloisters (pict. taken Oct. 2006)
Old July 18th, 2006, 6:00 am
Second Year

I kind of think 7 is going to start somewhat like HBP did - a week or two after arriving back at the Dursley's, with a little exposition about what Harry has done with the little time he's spent there.

I do expect the story to open on the day he leaves the Dursley's for good because I am sure there is some Harry-Petunia interaction yet to come. I'm still skeptical that Petunia gives one fig about Harry. I actually think she's worried about Harry coming of age because the magical protection of Harry at the Dursely's also protects them. His leaving will leave the Dursley's open to danger from Voldemort's followers coming to look for Harry or get information about where he is.

It seems much more Dursley-ish that they would be more concerned about their own skins than Harry's.

Old July 18th, 2006, 6:16 am
Third Year

I dunno if this had been mentioned before but Ron or Hermione says that they will be with Harry at his aunt and uncle's during the summer, except for Bill and Fleur's wedding (which out of sake of convienece will probably be after Harry turns 17). So will Ron and Hermione be with him at the Dursley's house? Regardless, I feel it will pick up off during late summer at the Dursley home.

Old July 18th, 2006, 7:09 am
Third Year

I would think it would start immediately. Maybe during the last week at The Dursleys.

Old July 18th, 2006, 6:31 pm
Fourth Year

I just figured out how Book 7 will start: Harry will stay at the Dursleys until his birthday. The moment his protection runs out, an army of DEs will show up at the front door. A ferocious battle will follow, resulting in the deaths of several DEs, Ron, Hermione, and the Dursleys. Harry will then resume his hunt for the Horcruxes.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 4:57 pm
Fifth Year

I think it will start the day HBP ended.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 5:01 pm
First Year

Well, hopefully we don't miss too much/anything, I really don't like missing stuff.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 9:11 pm
Third Year

I am hoping that the first chapter of the 7th book, will be what exactly happened the night that Harry's parents died. I am hoping that we will get to know exactly what was said, and exactly how it went down. We know a bit from Harry's encounter with dementors, but maybe we'll learn more.
I think that the book will then continue, when Harry arrives at the Dursley's along with Ron and Hermione. I have a feeling that the Dursley's will be sad when harry leaves. Although they seemed to hate him, they always knew that he would come back every summer. Now, that he is an adult, they know that he has no need to come back, and that they'll never see him again.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 9:21 pm
First Year

I think it will start at the wedding or just before the wedding, didn't they say at the end of Book6 that the first thing they were going to have to do would be to go to the wedding? Then the Dursleys then Godrics Hollow etc....

Old July 22nd, 2006, 9:33 pm
Snidget of Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Zero
I would think it would start immediately. Maybe during the last week at The Dursleys.
You think that Harry will be staying at the Dursleys for a week? I thought it would be more like a day or two stay.

Although Ron said that Harry will have to go to the Burrow for the wedding before anything else, I'm hoping to get the Dursley stay over first. I think we will be awaiting a conversation with Petunia and Harry, and it should be before the wedding. I doubt that book 7 will start with another 'The Other Minister' or 'The Riddle House' chapter (in other words, a chapter not through Harry's view). Therefore, I'm hoping that it will start with the Hogwart's Express trip to King's Cross. There Harry will go to the Dursley's and then to the wedding.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:40 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicMongol
I think it will start the day HBP ended.
Though I don't want that to happen, I could definetely see that happening. It would be a shock, really. It would show that the war might be starting a bit earlier.

I still think it will need to start off slow and not begin with dark fighting and all that because Jo needs time to explain the previous books.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 11:09 pm
Third Year

I believe it won't start right were it left off, but on the train at the earliest. Possibly Harry at the Weasley's for the wedding if they do that first, or Harry at (or going to) the Dursley's.

It would be really great if I met a Fundamentalist Christian, to say, would you like to discuss the matter with Hagrid? - JKR

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies