Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

When will book 7 start?

Old July 23rd, 2006, 1:41 am
First Year

Re: WHEN will book 7 start?

hmmm....I think that the 7th book will start off right before or after Fleur and Bill's wedding. I wonder if they'll serve steak? haha =)

Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2006, 11:46 pm
Second Year

I think that ending HBP the way she did Jo gives herself a lot of extra breathing room for the way Book 7 may begin.From the answer she gave to Time magazine,plus we know that she has said that Book 6 & Book 7 are more like One Big Book,I suspect that Book 7 begins immediately after Book 6 ended-still at Hogworts!!It is possible that this scenerio allows McGonagall(or someone)to give Harry some piece of imformation before they even Get on the train.Maybe even a kind of"in the event that I have died,please give Harry this note,message,etc".Even if it doesn't play out this way,I still think that very little time will have elapsed betwwen the end of Book 6 & the beginning of Book 7,maybe begin on the train.At any rate,I think it significant that in that same Time interview she stated that Book 7 would be a very different kind of book-and only now do I think I have an idea what she meant.In every other book,Harrys' summer vacation has been touched on,but only to the degree necessary to set up some of the comming plot,but most of his time there is glossed over with very good reason-it sucks!In other words,let's get to Hogworts as soon as possible so the Real action can start.But not in Book 7!!!I think we're about to have a total reversal of all that-I think a LOT of events are going to happen before school(if ther even IS school,I'm still open on this one)so that the reversal is:a little summer/lots of school vs lots of summer/not much school.I know this is pretty far out,but why not-Jo has been known to shock us beforeLOL

Old July 23rd, 2006, 11:54 pm
First Year

I think it will start at Bill/Fleur's wedding.

Old July 24th, 2006, 12:06 am
Second Year

I think it will first start with a strange chapter, like in the hbp, and then when harry leaves privet drive forever.

Old July 24th, 2006, 3:15 am
Second Year

No I think it will start under the tree by the lake-why end it like that-imply that Books 6 & 7 are one big book and not just simply pick up EXACLY where Book 6 left off???

Old July 24th, 2006, 3:26 am
Third Year

Yeah i think it might start where it left off .......because J.K has said that Book 6 and 7 are like one book...so it seems likely...Harry did mention he wont be returning to Hogwarts soo...if he has to get information..he'll do it while his still there!...

Mcgonagall:Do you think it will work Severus?
Snape: Of course it will....The WB muggles will think this necklace is worth millions of dollars and they will grab it, Then the spell i casted will work and they will all turn into........
Mcgonagall:A bunch of babbling, bumbling band of baboons!....Now Hurry up and package it already!...Serves them right!.
Old July 26th, 2006, 12:32 am
Fourth Year

I'm hoping it will start after the wedding and Harry staying at the Dursley's. He needs to get after those Horcruxes. Forget the wedding and those nasty Privet Drive people.

Old July 26th, 2006, 12:49 am
Sixth Year

I found it a bit suspicious that the Hogwarts Express was supposed to leave a half hour after Dumbledore's funeral--but Harry seemed to linger by the lake at least that long.

I have a feeling that Book Seven may well open with Aberforth intercepting Harry at school or on the way to the train, and showing him something from Albus. Like..."where Dumbledore learned it all".

I think that the stay at the Dursleys will be brief, definitely not until Harry's birthday (doesn't Fleur want to be a June bride?). Just long enough for a connection with Petunia. After all, he's only going back there because Dumbledore wanted him to--and it would clearly be unproductive time. I think that unlike the past, Harry's entire summer will be eventful and full of learning and exploration. He has a lot to accomplish.

Happy Holidays to All!

Happy Christmas!
Old July 26th, 2006, 2:52 am
First Year

Well, JKR said that HBP and the as-yet unnamed book 7 were going to be more like one book in 2 volumes than the others. I would guess that book 7 will start almost immediately after the end of HBP. I also think book 7 will span a longer length of time than the others, because I don't see Harry finding all the Horcruxes in one year's time.

Old July 26th, 2006, 7:31 pm
Fourth Year

That would be an interesting change, having Book 7 cover more than one year - besides the epilogue, that is.

Old July 27th, 2006, 8:13 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICicalMUggle
Yeah i think it might start where it left off .......because J.K has said that Book 6 and 7 are like one book...so it seems likely...Harry did mention he wont be returning to Hogwarts soo...if he has to get information..he'll do it while his still there!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICicalMUggle

I completely agrie!!This is likely to be the most important summer EVER!!But I think that Harry and his friends will return to Hogwarts ANYwai!!!!!!!!!

Old July 27th, 2006, 7:50 pm
Seventh Year

I could imagine HP7 will start right were/when HBP ended. This is of course a digress from the pattern she established with the previous books where we first meet Harry at the Dursley´s. But since JKR said that HBP and HP7 seem to be like two parts of one book and she made the comment in the Time Magazine interview that she will cue up where she ended I think we will see the trio either still at Hogwarts or at the Hogwarts Express on their journey home. At the moment I tend to the first option.

Avatar by Hunter_Graphics; Signature by Xuxu
Old July 27th, 2006, 7:57 pm
First Year

I agree with what a lot of people have been saying, that the book will begin pretty close to the end of HBP, possibly as everyone is heading home. This is the final book, theres a lot of things that need to be covered, and I expect JKR to use as much time as she can.

Old July 27th, 2006, 8:48 pm
First Year

I think it will start of with Snape taking Draco to some safe place for hiding. And then Harry going to dursleys.

Old July 27th, 2006, 8:59 pm
Third Year

I think it will start with Harry's return to Privet Drive, and his Bill and Fleur's wedding. After that Hermione and Ron will go with him to Godric's Hollow.

Old July 27th, 2006, 9:04 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLazy_89
I think it will start with Harry's return to Privet Drive, and his Bill and Fleur's wedding. After that Hermione and Ron will go with him to Godric's Hollow.
Just what I was thinking

~*~I'm Still An Angel~*~

~*~Made Second Year 04/24/06 ~*~

Old July 27th, 2006, 9:06 pm
Seventh Year

I agree with those above, that it'll start where it left off. JK has mentioned that book 6 and 7 are one, so it would make sense. Also, there are so many things going, it wouldn't make sense for there to be a break.

Old July 28th, 2006, 4:42 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaspberryJam
I agree with those above, that it'll start where it left off. JK has mentioned that book 6 and 7 are one, so it would make sense. Also, there are so many things going, it wouldn't make sense for there to be a break.
I'd say most people would agree with this, as JK has pretty much said it. But it would be cool if she started with LV and where he is

" PROFESSOR DUMBLEDORE, DO I HAVE TO USE THE GREASE FROM MY HAIR TO MAKE A SLIDE FOR THE STUDENTS?"

Old July 28th, 2006, 2:42 pm
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis
I'd say most people would agree with this, as JK has pretty much said it. But it would be cool if she started with LV and where he is
She could easily do both. The first chapter could be Voldemort receiving word that Dumbledore is dead. Then the second chapter pick up where HBP left off.

There are a lot of ways Jo could handle the first couple of chapters and remain true to the comment that she "cues up" the final scene of HBP. She could show the funeral from another character's point of view - I've wondered about Ron and Hermione there. She could show what Voldemort and the Death Eaters were doing during the funeral and then cut back to just after the funeral with the trio by the lake. Lots of different possibilities.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old July 28th, 2006, 3:13 pm
Sixth Year

I still think there'll be a connection with Aberforth, but won't it be interesting to see the Dursley's at the station? The looks on their faces when Ron and Hermione come traipsing along behing Harry, lugging their trunks? Priceless!

Happy Holidays to All!

Happy Christmas!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies