Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak

Post Your Potter Tattoos

Old November 14th, 2006, 3:31 am
Second Year

Re: Post Your Potter Tattoos!

I think it also depends on where you get it done. I have one on my back that didn't hurt much, but the one on my ankle hurt like a b****.

Old November 14th, 2006, 12:15 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritey View Post
Rofl, forgive me for thinking that being stabbed repeatedly with needles would be painful I can't personally go from experience, but even my belly button piercing hurt like hell, and that was relatively quick. One of my fandom friends said her tattoo hurt, though *shrug* I guess it depends on your pain threshold?
It does depend on where you get it done. I have one on my left calf and I'll never get it touched up because it hurt so bad the first time. But other places,like my back and feet hardly hurt at all.

Old November 14th, 2006, 7:03 pm
Second Year

I've been thinking of getting a tattoo for a year but i know i'll have to wait for another one when i make my decision.
I wanted to have it on my calf, going from my knee to the ankle but i'm not sure if it would look good on me because i dont really look like a tattoo lover and i'm afraid it would be way too big then.

I've had a problem what it would be but after reading this thread i thought of a dark mark or Fawkes. But now i'm confused where to have it done. Any suggestions?

Old November 14th, 2006, 8:22 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danatel View Post
I've been thinking of getting a tattoo for a year but i know i'll have to wait for another one when i make my decision.
I wanted to have it on my calf, going from my knee to the ankle but i'm not sure if it would look good on me because i dont really look like a tattoo lover and i'm afraid it would be way too big then.

I've had a problem what it would be but after reading this thread i thought of a dark mark or Fawkes. But now i'm confused where to have it done. Any suggestions?
I think if it's your first tattoo you should start with something smaller to get used to the idea of having one permenently on your skin. But if you're intent on getting something bigger then just go for it. I think if you get the dark mark it should go on your forarm.

Old November 15th, 2006, 6:32 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritey View Post
Wow, that's amazing! It's so detailed and realistic, too. Must've been some serious pain getting that done ^_^
Lol, well, at first it hurt a bit, but then I got used to it! The parts that hurt the most were the lines on the snake and the lion.

It was weird though, I was lying down so I couldn't really see where he was tattooing, and it felt like he was on one side, but he was really on the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muahahaha
Very nice. Are you getting it coloured in? I was so close to getting that done instead of the Magic one I got instead. I was on the fence up until the day of my appointment. I'm thinking I'll get the crest one day.
And mine didn't really hurt getting it done. It was a little sensitive the closer to my inner elbow.
I was going to get it colored in, but I really like how it is now. I MIGHT get some shading to make it look more authentic, and I'm going to get a little bit more detailing done, but other than that, this is it.

And yeah, up top was the most painful. But the thing is, it's completley bareable b/c it's a pain for like 3 seconds and then they take the needle off to readjust or give you a little break.

Old November 15th, 2006, 8:05 am
Fourth Year

I've heard that the less fat there is on a section of your body, the more the tattoo hurts while getting it done, and that really makes sense to me. Has anyone here experienced this? LIke getting something on the ankle would be pretty painful, as there's hardly any fat there, but getting something on your calf or somewhere more fatty would hurt less. Again, have you guys had experiences that proves this?

Old November 15th, 2006, 8:30 am
First Year

I've got a tatto of the sun on the top of my sholder, the top hurt lots, but the side didnt as there was more fat there.

Old November 15th, 2006, 11:17 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDayBut2Day View Post
I've heard that the less fat there is on a section of your body, the more the tattoo hurts while getting it done, and that really makes sense to me. Has anyone here experienced this? LIke getting something on the ankle would be pretty painful, as there's hardly any fat there, but getting something on your calf or somewhere more fatty would hurt less. Again, have you guys had experiences that proves this?
I have to say that is untrue in my case. My calf hurt really bad, but my ankle one wasn't so bad. I have one on the top of each foot and they hardly hurt as well. You'll never really know until you get it done. Overall tattoo pain isn't that bad. It's good pain.

Old November 19th, 2006, 8:33 am
First Year

The pain is the process. You can't have something beautiful without going through some pain. Right now I am having both of my legs sleeved out from knee to ankle in Star Wars. There is really no good place to get tattooed. It sucks everywhere but I can not wait to have them finished. Pics here if interested.
http://www.myspace.com/retardgrind

I HAVE BEEN MARKED!
My Star Wars tattoos are here...http://www.myspace.com/retardgrind
Old November 19th, 2006, 2:14 pm
Fourth Year

My sister would be very jealous of those Star Wars tattoos. She's such a big fan and I'm surprised she doesn't have some Star Wars ink on her.
I think it's wonderful to express what you love on your skin.

Old November 19th, 2006, 2:52 pm
First Year

I know. I am a dream come true to my artist. He is a huge Star Wars fan and Nightmare Before Christmas fan. His only problem is that there is limited space on my legs so he wont be able to put on everything that we want.

I HAVE BEEN MARKED!
Old November 20th, 2006, 9:58 pm
Fourth Year

Do you have tattoos on your arms nightstalker? You could do some there. I always said I would never get any on my arms, but that's changed. I just don't care what people have to say about them.
I've decided to get another HP tattoo on my other arm,but I haven't decided what yet.

Old November 21st, 2006, 2:51 am
Third Year

So, today I went to my old work to visit (weird? well we all got along haha), and I showed them my tattoo, and my old boss was like, "Oh my God!! If you get something tattoed on you, it should mean something to you!!" I was outraged to say the least.

Because Harry Potter doesn't mean anything to me? Yeah, she's right, I just think Rupert Grint is hot.

Old November 22nd, 2006, 12:10 am
Fourth Year

Don't let it bother you _uh. Some people will lash out at what they don't understand. I got the "what if you don't like Harry Potter in ten years?" line a lot when I got my first Hp tattoo. Too me it won't matter if I'm still into Harry Potter in ten years because the two Hp tattoos I have will remind me of this time when I had a blast in this world. Besides I don't think there will ever be a time when I don't like Hp. I just can't see it.
So be proud of your ink because it shows your passion!

Old November 22nd, 2006, 5:38 am
First Year

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...icture_100.jpg

Old November 23rd, 2006, 4:09 am
First Year

Both of your Hogwarts crests are great. (Kicker and UH) I wouldn't mind having a crest on my back but I already have a large Heartagram tattoo back there.

As for my arms, on my left arm I have the Eye of Horus on my wrist, the Dark Mark on my forearm and a large dragon on a castle in the moonlight in a frame of broken bricks (like a hole was punched through the wall and you see the dragon through the hole.

On my right arm I have the Egyptian symbol for flame on my wrist, and a Nightmare Before Christmas collage being worked on with Jack, Sally, Zero, Lock, Shock, and Barrell.

I HAVE BEEN MARKED!
Old November 24th, 2006, 3:36 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDayBut2Day View Post
This is true. I have my phoenix on my lower back and the parts that hurt the most were right on my spine. I wouldn't actually call it painful. It is more annoying. It is like being pinched over and over again with a slight warmth to it. Eventually, you go numb from the vibration and don't feel a thing. Its different to be sure and there is no real way to describe it to someone who has never been through it.

Pain is felt differently by everyone and I also think some people tend to let the IDEA of a tattoo hurting go to their head. I have to say I wasn't scared getting mine until I saw the lady in the room next door bawling her eyes out over the one she was getting on her arm. Then when my artist got started, I honestly did not see what the fuss was about.

Top annoying places to get them... spine, ankle, knee and elbow.

Your artist shouldn't be tattooing on "bones." The proper way to tattoo these sensitive areas is to pull the skin onto a "fattier" area before tattooing. This is why you should do your research before you tattoo. An artist with less experience might not get the best results if he follows the rules and if he doesn't follow them, you will be feeling it for days and it might not heal correctly.

Harry Potter Personality Quiz
by Pirate Monkeys Inc.

I always knew I was destined for great things.
Old November 25th, 2006, 1:21 pm
Fourth Year

I like your tattoos nightstalker. The dragon one is a really cool idea! Great colours too.

Old November 25th, 2006, 7:06 pm
Eldest Gruff

The tattoos shown in here are great!

Nonetheless I recommend the Does anyone have Tattoos? thread for general talks about tattoos and showing of not HP related tattoos.

I don't want to live in a world
where the strong rules and the weak cower.
Harry Dresden.
Old November 26th, 2006, 2:34 am
First Year

I know what this thread is about. I started it. I was asked what else I had on my arms, so I posted the pictures.

I HAVE BEEN MARKED!

Last edited by nightstalker; November 26th, 2006 at 4:05 am.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak