Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts

Power: A collection

Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:34 am
Fifth Year

Power: A collection

This is a collection of some ideas that cannot make it to a full fledged fanfic. A little bit of some missing information sometimes or maybe a little into the future or the past.
I had actually started this thread as a complete Fanfic but DH shot most of my ideas down. I left the first three posts of the abandoned fic and let it remain as a one shot.
Feedback, criticism, ideas, urging, rants and the likes will be highly appreciated.
The characters and the world of Harry Potter of course belong to the wonderful JK Rowling

Prologue

The tall boy completed dressing in the discreet silence then glanced around the room. Three boys were asleep in four-poster beds, like his, around him. He reached for his bedside table and picked up a long wooden object and stuffed it into his pocket. He smiled and then quickly walked towards the door, opened it and stepped out on the staircase. He rapidly went down the stairs to come to another larger room lit by a fire in the fireplace. He glanced around the room and saw it was empty. He crossed the room and walked towards a circular hole in the wall of the room, covered by something else from the outside.
He saw a leaflet on the floor and bent down to read then began squinting. His eyes had began troubling him again he realised. He picked it up. “How to pass your Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests.” He read then smiled again knowing it must have been one of his classmates studying it. He placed the leaflet on a nearby table then picked up a quill on the table, dipped it in an open ink bottle also on the table and added a line at the bottom of the leaflet, sure that the printers would never have thought of that tip. He glanced at the leaflet and saw that his thin slanting handwriting clashed with the bold printing of the leaflet. He pulled out the long wooden object from his pocket, his wand and tapped it against the leaflet. His handwriting changed to resemble the one already on the leaflet. Leaving it on the table he walked towards the circular opening in the wall placing his wand back into his pocket. He pushed the outer covering and stepped out into a dark corridor. He swung the covering back and began walking away from it.
“It is two in the morning young man. Where are you going?” A woman’s voice coming from behind him interrupted him.
He turned around to face a fat lady in a portrait telling him off. “Library.” He replied then smiled as the fat lady shook her head in wonder.
“At this time?” She asked.
“It is the best time.” Was his simple reply.
He then walked down the corridor and turned at the staircase near him going down quickly to another corridor walking rapidly until he reached the closed library door. He put his hand in his pocket and drew out his wand. “Lumos,” He muttered and his wand tip began to glow. Then he waved it over the door and it opened. He stepped into the library and froze.
Another boy was already in the library. A boy shorter than him but with darker hair, his wand raised and the tip also glowing. They stood staring at each other, none expecting the other in the library.
But in their eyes one could see their true intentions, their true power and the true knowledge that one of them would cause the downfall of the other.

Feedback

Power: A Collection An attempt at one shot fics. Latest Chapter The Trap

Get the daily news on the The Daily Prophet or read past articles in the Daily Prophet Archives

Last edited by Mugglewizard; February 16th, 2008 at 8:33 am. Reason: Loads of changes
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2006, 11:27 am
Fifth Year

Re: Intention,Power and Knowledge

The First Years

A young auburn haired boy left a small boat to step on to rocks and pebbles. Another much shorter boy with darker hair who had been with him in the same boat soon followed him. The two were among several other young children all wearing black robes. A young man then motioned them to follow him as he walked up a passageway in the rock coming out at last on to smooth, damp grass. Then they walked up a flight of stone steps and crowded around a huge oak door. The young man raised his fist and knocked three times on the door. The door swung open at once. A tall sallow faced man in dark blue robes stood there.
“The first years, Professor Everard.” The young man said.
“Thank you, Ogg. I will take them from here.” He said and pulled the door wide to let the first years in. They saw a huge hall whose stonewalls were lit with flaming torches and a marble staircase facing them. He led them right into a small room where they bunched up together, nervous and very frightened.
“Welcome to Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You will soon enter the Great Hall where you will be sorted into houses. The four houses are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin named after the four founders of Hogwarts. When you are here your houses will be like your family in Hogwarts. While you are in Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points and any rule breaking will lead to a deduction in your house points. At the end of each year the points of each house are tallied and the house with the most points will be awarded the House Cup, A great honour I am sure.”
“I will be calling you soon so that you can be sorted in your houses. Please wait here for a short while and… There is no need to be scared.” Professor Everard added seeing some of the first years shivering before he left the room.
The auburn haired boy gulped. He certainly was not really scared just nervous. He looked around and saw that almost everyone looked like he felt except perhaps for the boy who had been with him in the boat. The short dark haired boy looked more confident than any one of the other first years.
“Now form a line and follow me.” Professor Everard had come back. They hurriedly formed a single file and followed him out of the chamber and through a pair of double doors into the Great Hall. It was as huge as the entrance hall and lit by thousands of floating candles. There were four long tables in the centre of the hall where the other students were seated. At the top of the hall there was another long table where adults were seated. They were led up to a stool near the top of the hall. All the first years looked at the stool and saw a pointed wizard’s hat on it. The hat was quite dirty and had frayed slightly.
For a few seconds there was total silence then a rip near the brim of the hat opened and it began to sing:

‘To Hogwarts, I welcome you,
The sorting hat is what I am called,
My function being to sort you,
In the houses that shall be your home,
The brave and whose hearts are strong,
Belong in the house of Gryffindor,
While the loyal and just,
Are welcomed to work hard in Hufflepuff,
But the clever and the wise,
Should be ready to learn in Ravenclaw,
As the cunning and the ambitious,
Will find themselves at home in Slytherin,
So place me on your heads,
And let me see what you hide in there,
So that I can then sort you,
Into one of the Hogwarts four!’
The whole hall burst into applause as the hat finished its song. After a few moments the same silence that punctuated the arrival of the first years, reigned.
“When I call our name you will come forward and sit on the stool and try on the hat.” Professor Everard said holding a long roll of parchment.
The auburn haired boy suddenly became nervous again and his brain somehow switched off all external sound until he heard his name being said:
“Dumbledore, Albus!”

Notes To the post
Feedback

Get the daily news on the The Daily Prophet or read past articles in the Daily Prophet Archives

Old November 11th, 2006, 8:52 am
Fifth Year

Re: Intention,Power and Knowledge

Albus walked to the stool slowly, his palms sweaty. He lifted the hat and put it on as he sat on the stool. A voice suddenly spoke in his ear. “Hmmm. Great power I see. Courage and thirst for knowledge too. Lets see, GRYFFINDOR.” The hat shouted to the whole hall.
Albus stood slightly shaky. He then walked over to one end of the hall where the Gryffindor table stood. As he sat he turned to look at the next person being sorted.
“Grindelwald Bartholomew,” he heard Professor Everard say. The short dark boy who had been with Albus walked up to the sorting hat and put it on. A moment of silence followed after which the hat shouted, “SLYTHERIN.”
Bartholomew took the hat off and walked to the other end of the hall where the Slytherin table was. Albus turned to look at the front of the table and saw a long table where some adults were seated. A staff table he assumed. His eyes were drawn to a clever looking wizard in black robes who sat at the centre of the table. Albus could not concentrate on the rest of the sorting until Alvin Ollivanders became the last Gryffindor. Professor Everard took the stool and the hat after that and the man seated at the centre of the staff table stood up and began, “As the sorting hat has already told you, welcome to Hogwarts. I have a few announcements to make before we begin our feast.”
“Who is that?” Albus asked a boy seated next to him.
“Oh he is the Headmaster of Hogwarts. Professor Phineas Nigellus.” The boy replied quickly before Professor Nigellus continued, “There is a full list of banned substances and objects outside Pringle’s office, the caretaker for the first years. Now I have something to say the first years specifically but it applies to all of you. Once you step into this institution we expect nothing but the best from you, be it education or anything else that is applicable here.”
“At the end of the year you shall be examined on all that you have been taught here and let me assure you that no failures shall proceed to the next year and therefore I expect everyone to work hard to pass instead of coming up with excuses. There are also various clubs and games available for recreational purposes and I do believe the quiditch tryouts will be held in the next two weeks. That is all we may now begin our feast.
Albus turned to look at the plates in front of him that had magically been filled with food. He had never had such a variety of food to eat from, not since his mother died. As he began serving himself his thoughts went to his younger brother. Everyone knew there was something wrong with Aberforth. He fervently hoped Aberforth would be called to Hogwarts. He was quickly brought back as a pearly white figure appeared at the centre of the table and turned and stood by Albus. “Hello First Years. I am Sir Nicholas and I am your house ghost. I do hope you continue our winning streak at the house cup.” The pearly white figure began and continued telling the first years all about Gryffindor winning the house cup.
The feast was soon over and an older boy at each table stood up. A boy from the Hufflepuff table stood up and addressed the first years. “Good Evening. I am the Head boy and the people you see standing at you tables are your house prefects. They will guide you to you respective houses and give you the passwords to enter them.”
“First years this way,” all the house prefects spoke up at the same time. Albus stood up to follow the Gryffindor one. They came out of the Great hall with the Slytherins but split up soon as the Gryffindors went up a staircase and the Slytherins went left. Albus kept up with the others until they reached a portrait of a fat lady. Grindelwald and the other first years reached a blank wall.
“The password is ‘Power.’” The Slytherin prefect said
“The password is ‘Knowledge.’” The Gryffindor prefect said

Feedback

Last edited by Mugglewizard; February 12th, 2008 at 12:16 pm.
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:20 pm
Fifth Year

Re: Power: A collection

The Coming of War
Albus Dumbledore was a very worried man. The boy he had just met had done that to him to no extent. The meeting with the Matron had done little to cause the worry as compared to meeting the actual boy.

The words had hit him like a sledgehammer at the time. Now as he contemplated them even further, he realised the full meaning of them. “Its magic that I can do.” That had been the start. He had known. He was conscious of his powers yet he had used them to bully other children. He had said it himself; he can make them do things. That was never a good statement whoever said it. It was a pity the boy had refused to be accompanied to Diagon Alley. It would have been interesting t further observe the boy. Albus decided to keep an eye at him when he came to Hogwarts. The boy: Tom Marvolo Riddle.

Him being a parsletongue had been no issue at all. It was the use of a gift that mattered no matter the gift. Albus blinked away the after effect of apparition to find out he had made it to Hogsmeade. He turned to head towards Hogwarts but before he could take a step he ran into someone as tall as him. Their eyes met and reflected each others sparkling blue colour.

“Albus,” the man acknowledged before adding, “Interesting suit.”

“Aberforth.” Albus replied kindly.

“You look worried. But of course you should. Your friend is becoming a little famous, ain’t he?”

Before Albus could reply though Aberforth had flashed a newspaper under his nose. The headlines were clear and screaming, “More Deaths Attributed to Grindelwald.”

“It looks like he has got himself another set friends. Nothing matching your intelligence but perhaps they beat you in their cruelty. Looks like he decided you don’t have the stomach after…” Aberforth suddenly stopped. He glared at Albus and tossing the paper to the ground he walked away.

Albus bent to pick up the newspaper and read the article hurriedly. None of it was news for him but something else had clicked into place. Now he realised where he had seen the same streak of arrogance before Tom. It had been the same with him and his former friend.

He looked at his brother’s retreating back as his thoughts went to the unspoken words his brother had almost spat at him. Aberforth was still angry with him. Albus sighed. He enjoyed an occasional drink at the Hog’s Head but his brother would soon start working there. He wondered how they were going to get along. Maybe seeing each other more regularly would put them at ease. This new discovery made him want to keep an even closer eye on Tom.

Tom! He had hated the name. He had thought it was too common. Dumbledore permitted a chuckle at such childishness. But he realised he couldn’t prejudice the other professors at Hogwarts. After all even he Albus Dumbledore, Professor of Transfiguration at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry had been tempted to take over the world by use of magic.

For the Greater good, he remembered. He suddenly laughed out loud. He stopped as suddenly as people began staring at him. He understood of course. A man dressed in a purple suit suddenly bursts out laughing. He would think himself mad. He shook his head and decided to increase his pace and make it to Hogwarts faster. He was at the gates in no time. He waved his wand and the gates opened letting him before shutting behind him. Albus Dumbledore looked around at the vast grounds of Hogwarts. The school looked empty without its usual cluster of students. They were the actual charm of the castle. He set up a brisk pace towards the castle itself. He saw Ogg, the gamekeeper near the Forbidden Forest who waved to him. Dumbledore waved back and hurried on before Ogg could ask him how to tame Thestrals again. He found the castle doors open and crossed into the Entrance hall where a man was waiting for him

“Professor. The Headmaster said he wants to have a word with you as soon as you came.” Mr Pringle the School Caretaker announced.

“Did he tell you why?” Albus was surprised.

“No but I think he has a guest with him.”

That surprised Albus even more as he turned to head for the Headmaster’s office. There usually were no guests in the school during the holidays. He soon found himself in front of the stone gargoyles that stood before the entrance to the office of Armando Dippet, Headmaster.

“Centaurs,” Albus said and the two stone gargoyles sprung aside permitting him to enter the staircase. The stairs took him to the headmaster’s office. He knocked and got an affirmative response from inside. He stepped into the office to see two men occupying it. One was seated behind the desk while the other in front of it. But both were looking at him intently. The office was serenely quiet as the portraits of all the previous head teacher’s were not snoring or acting to be asleep but rather staring at the three men in the room.

“Headmaster, Minister,” Dumbledore acknowledged them.

“Albus. I am sure you must be surprised to see me here.” The slightly elderly man began without a preamble. He waved for Albus to take a seat and he did. “Well I am sure you have today’s Daily Prophet.” He added without waiting for a response from Albus.

“But all that is not news.” Albus said.

“Knowledgeable as ever I see. Yes those people died a week or so ago. But as they were in Bulgaria and Germany, well the Daily Prophet hasn’t been that er interested in reporting them.” The Minister smiled apologetically. “But I am not here on that matter but rather something related.

Albus leaned forward, his eyes boring into the Ministers, his thoughts already racing around all the possibilities.
“You must be reading the Muggle Newspapers as well I am sure. You know what is going on there.’

Albus merely nodded but Dippet who had been silent to that point spoke, “About the talks of war? You can’t think they will. Not after the losses they suffered in the Great War.”

“Oh there is definitely going to be war.” Albus finally said after a moment of silence. The Minister gave him a searching look then sighed.

“You think Grindelwald is in Germany then, don’t you?”

“Yes. The experiments that they describe can only be done by him. To treat Muggles like they… It has to be him. It is he. But if the Muggle government is under his spell or going along with it, I don’t know.” Dumbledore answered the question that was on the Minister’s mind.

There was a short pause broken by Dippet clearing his throat. “You know him personally then?”

“Yes.”

“Well what I came to ask is this. If Grindelwald uses magic against Britain in the event of war then we will have to respond in kind. I am a little too old to lead our community into war. We need someone with prodigious skills who can match Gellet Grindelwald himself and make sure that we win. There is only one person in the Wizarding community, and that is you Albus. Armando here agrees with me and he has agreed to let you go with a heavy heart.”

He had expected it, the offer to be the Minister of Magic. But he had long decided that he did not trust himself in any position of power. He had promised himself as his younger brother struck the blow that had broken his nose. That had been the reason he had left the nose as it was. It was a reminder. Aberforth’s unspoken accusation of a little while back echoed in his brain as he took a deep breath to decline the most generous offer.

“I am sorry Minister. I do thank you for your compliment. But I am a teacher and I do not intend to leave this position from where many young minds can benefit. You are more than capable of leading us through a state of if it indeed comes to that, but I doubt that Grindelwald will meddle actively in the war. I am sure he fears us; his decision of deciding to go to Germany proves that. When the need arises I shall not shy away from facing Gellet Grindelwald, but I cannot be the Minister of Magic.”

A/N
I tried to create the atmosphere pre world war 2 as I attempted to write this. I am really hoping that I managed to carry it off.
The great war is ofcourse World War one that is how it was referred to at that time

Feedback

Last edited by Mugglewizard; May 26th, 2009 at 1:51 pm.
Old September 4th, 2008, 3:47 pm
Fifth Year

The Plan

The night was still and silent as the lone girl made her way to the edge of the forest. She had to reach there before her target did. She was there soon though and extracted a wand from her pocket and whispered, “Lumos”

The wand lit up and threw her face into a relief. The most outstanding feature of the girl was her bulging eyes that gave her a toad like appearance. She looked around and saw a neck high bush. It was perfect for what she had in mind. It was right across the old gnarled tree that looked like an old man. She extracted an arrow from her bag that had taken her long to get. It was a centaur’s arrow. She whispered a spell and let the arrow hover right on top of the bush but hidden by the leaves. Then she crouched behind the bush and waited. This would be her ultimate plan. It would succeed where the other two had failed.

Dolores Umbridge could not believe that Albus Dumbledore had selected Beatrice James as the Ravenclaw prefect. How could he choose a muggleborn over her? She was a pure blood after all. But she had not taken it lying down. She had to get the post under any cost. The post had impressed her since her first year. It had awed her at the power it wielded over the other students.

She had managed to lure out Beatrice after hours but Mc Gonagall the new teacher had just given her detention. Then she had confounded Beatrice in Hogsmeade intending her to stay there longer and get into trouble but a friend had brought her back. But this time Dolores had her. She had sent a note signing it as her boyfriend calling her here and whatever happened here would just be lovely.

Beatrice got the owl as she was about to leave the common room. She frowned as she saw the owl holding out the note for her. She took it and opening it first read the signature. Seeing it was from Dirk, she smiled and read where he wanted to meet her. She shook her head as she thought that he always came up with weird places and times to meet. She dashed out and reached the entrance hall. She looked around and not seeing anyone quickly stepped out the door.

She had not seen a young first year who had hidden himself behind a suit of armour. He rushed forward as he had seen a note fluttering out of Beatrice’s hand. He picked it up and stared at it. He looked and saw Beatrice making her way to the garden and then he lost sight of her.

She had used the garden path to avoid detection as it was more shadowy. She knew exactly where the gnarled tree was. Dirk and she had found it on Saturday as they had been taking a walk. She passed by the bush behind which Dolores was hidden and went to stand right beside the tree.

“Ðirk, are you here? Please hurry up I need to go back. It’s cold and I need to go start my patrol.” She shouted into the night.

That angered Dolores even more. She whispered a spell she had been practicing for a week and the clopping of hooves was heard. Beatrice jumped at the sound following her echo. She was suddenly scared and wished she hadn’t come out late at night. She turned around just as Dolores used a banishing spell on the arrow. It shot at Beatrice grazing her left arm. The searing hot pain made Beatrice panic and she turned and fled right into the forest.

“Perfect.” Umbridge thought.

The first year dashed towards the staffroom hoping to find a teacher. The short Umbridge girl had been really intimidating. He was to follow Beatrice around and report anything unusual she did to a teacher. He ran into a man as his thoughts went to Dolores and her toad like eyes. He looked up and gasped to see he had run into Albus Dumbledore, the Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

He trembled slightly as Dumbledore placed an arm on his shoulder. “What is wrong Mundungus?” Albus smiled kindly at the young boy.

Mundungus Fletcher shook as he handed Dumbledore the note and told him everything. Dumbledore suddenly straightened out, “Go look for Professor Slughorn and tell him everything you told me.” He then strode out of the castle and walked to the forest briskly. He reached the tree and stood still as he observed the arrow. Umbridge was delighted; she would manage to kill two birds with one stone. The stupid Beatrice would be expelled and the Centaurs would probably be chased away or killed for attacking a student.

Dumbledore soon tracked Beatrice by her sobs. She was seated on the forest floor not far from the edge crying as she tightly held her wound. She looked up at the noise to see Dumbledore.

“I am sorry Professor. Dirk …Centaurs….” She began but Dumbledore waved her to silence and led her out of the forest.

“Go to the Hospital wing and get that wound looked at. It was a very foolish thing to do though. I expect a much more show responsibility from one of my prefects. Go now and get a good night’s rest. We will talk tomorrow.”

Umbridge was elated as she heard that hidden behind the bush. They both watched Beatrice go then Dumbledore turned round to face the bush.
“Miss Umbridge, if you would please care to step out of there, I would like to talk to you.”

Dolores fell out of her hiding place in shock and fright. Suddenly all the elation was over and fright began to take its place. She was caught. This couldn’t be happening, she thought furiously. She had finally gotten her revenge and this happened.

“What you did was very foolish. Someone could have been very grievously injured.” He said nodding at the arrow. “Then you wonder why you were not selected prefect. You will serve two weeks worth of detention and I will be writing to your parent. And If I hear of you pulling such a stupid stunt again then the punishment will be far worse than what I have just given you.” He said then strode off towards the castle.

Dolores Umbridge stared at the old man as he walked away and suddenly realized what she had been feeling since she missed a prefect badge in her letter from Hogwarts: pure raw hatred!

A/N
I had initially written this as an entry into FAD Last Author Standing.
Feedback

Old May 27th, 2009, 9:54 am
Fifth Year

This is an entry I had written for Last yearsFAD . The topic was The Meeting of Hagrid's parents. This is what I wrote.

The Trap

The young man paused to peer ahead as his visibility was reduced with the setting sun. The mountainous path he was using was not very safe in the failing light as the ledge, on which the path was, although broad, fell away to a steep cliff. He was looking for an injured Hipogriff that he had heard was injured in a cave.

It must have been injured by those traps, he thought furiously as he made his way further. Those new traps had become a menace. They injured the animals terribly. Giving them loads of pain and an inability to fend for them selves. He hated such traps. They were very cruel. He had managed to dismantle any that he could find. They were quite simple in structure. A spell was placed on the ground that was animal specific and once it was triggered a hole or a clamp would appear that would trap the animal. But the spell work was shoddy and not very dependable.

That had been the life of Gregory Hagrid. He was an animal lover and would not hesitate to aid an animal at whatever time it needed him. He lived in an out of the way cottage at the complete edge of the village. He was quite lonely apart from a few drinking mates he met at the local pub. An injured dragon had scarred his face as he had attempted to treat it and women never did like him for that. They took him to be creepy though the scar was slowly fading. The nights and days seemed very long all alone.

Gregory Hagrid suddenly froze as he saw a slight shimmer on the ground right in front of him. That was the tell tale signature of the trap spell. He stood completely still as he looked around him warily. Then he tried to figure out what the trap actually was. He couldn’t see any signs to indicate if the earth was recently dug up to hide clamps or holes.

“Tha’s strange,” He mumbled as he began scanning the mountainside bordering the path. Then he saw it. There was a long horizontal crevice some distance above the ground inside which he saw a glint. He could roughly make out a long blade and he suddenly shuddered. That trap was a death trap. It was meant to kill. He then began to search for a way he could dismantle the trap without hurting himself. He frowned and began muttering to himself again. “Tha height’s wron. Its too high.” He had roughly estimated the blade to be at least twelve feet high.

The ground shook a little and for the first time Gregory felt scared as he guessed the cause of the tiny tremors to be footsteps. It was never a good sign if something’s approach made the ground shake. He searched the wall right next to him and found a niche that would accommodate him. He slipped into it and craned his neck out side to look at who or what was coming.

The trap suddenly made sense to him as he saw a tall giant approaching it. It took him to realize that it was a female. The sun prevented him from getting a good look at her but as his gaze reached her face, an emotion stronger than fear took over. He lunged out of hiding and began waving his arms as he bared the giant’s path before she reached the well laid trap.

“Don come near. There is a trap laid fer ye!” He shouted hoping against hope that she would understand English.

Fridwulfa stared at the sudden appearance of this strange small man. His long hair being blown out of his face by the slight breeze playing along threw his face in a clear relief. A long gash across his face managed to dominate his rather rugged face. Though she was not such a great shakes at English she understood one word: Trap. She followed Hagrid’s hands and saw the blade placed in the crevice. Her heart skipped a beat as she realized what she had almost gotten herself into.

Gregory sighed as he saw that she had understood him but jumped as the air was disturbed by popping and swishing of cloaks. Gregory spun around to see that he and the giantess had been surrounded by five wizards. The trappers he realized.

“You fool. Now why did you do that?” One of the men spoke his wand already drawn. He was standing next to Fridwulfa on the other side of the trap.

“Yeh could have killed her, yeh murdering…” Gregory was shaking as he reached for his wand. The other man’s wand was already pointed at Gregory though but before he could utter any spell Fridwulfa had swung her arm at him knocking him straight into the mountain wall. He collapsed into a heap as soon as he made contact with solid matter. A second wizard trained his wand on her and managed to say a spell.

Hagrid swung his wand and yelled, “Protego!” The shield rebounded the spell hitting the originator who collapsed too. Fridwulfa swung around and grabbing the two wizards standing behind her, banged their heads together. “Stupefy!” He yelled his wand pointing at the last remaining wizard.

The wizard managed to jump out of the way and shot a spell of his own while making sure he stayed out of the giant’s reach. Hagrid just managed to jump out of the way as the spell passed him. But it still managed to cut his cheek, sprouting some blood from it. The sight of blood enraged Fridwulfa as she charged at the wizard. The wizard panicked and turned his wand on her but Gregory took the advantage of hitting him with a stunning spell. As the wizard collapsed though, Hagrid’s eyes were on Fridwulfa’s feet, which were crossing the trap spell.

“NOO!!” He screamed as the blade released itself from its crevice. Fridwulfa heard Hagrid just in time to duck and dive out of the blades path of destruction. Gregory was left staring at her fluid movements that despite her bulk she managed to carry them off. Her momentum though took her right off the ledge. She reached out and managed to hold on to the edge as Hagrid dropped his wand and ran over to her. But he suddenly chuckled and pulled back his outstretched hand. How had he expected to pull her up like that?

But before he could turn and go back for his wand, he managed to get a good look at her face without any hindrance from the sun. “She is beautiful.” He thought to him self as he stared at her. The fright on her face had softened the otherwise harsh mouth and nose of giants.

Their eyes finally met, and as Gregory would later tell anyone who would listen to his story, he drowned in hers!

A/N I hope I managed to capture the meeting well and pulled off an interesting story. Any form of feedback will ofcourse be highly welcome. It could include the spelling mistakes and even a missing fullstop to how I can improve the story.

Feedback Please

Last edited by Mugglewizard; May 27th, 2009 at 10:13 am.
Old June 25th, 2009, 9:46 am
Fifth Year

Topic: How I lost my buttocks by keeping my wand in my back trouser pocket

The Rise of the Dark Lord

The pressure on my chest lifted allowing instead the cool night air to wash over me. I took a couple of quick breaths before turning to look at the other wizards who had also apparated with me. They all seemed to be looking at the houses in front of us with great trepidation, their cloaks swishing in the wind. I on the other hand was dressed in a jeans and T-shirt for what they had been calling muggle training. Like I needed that considering that I was after all a muggleborn wizard.

My supervisor and I had apparated to the end of the street that had sent the distress calls. The head auror, Crouch had been shocked at first seeing that a whole street had sent out a distress call at once. Then he had organized the department to apparate in twos to each house on the street. Kingsley tapped my hand to get my attention before motioning for me to enter the house in front of us. It was dark and all the windows seemed to be shattered but what chilled me most was the fact that the door was hanging open on only one hinge.

For the past year the atmosphere at the auror office had been tense almost palpable. Nasty rumours had been floating around that there was new dark wizard in the making. But what really scared me most was that everyone seemed to be frightened of even saying the name. I had heard it only once. A whisper in the dark, Voldemort. The name and the whisper still gave me the creeps just thinking about it. The wizarding world had unconsciously started to call him You-Know-Who in their conversations but the Ministry had not yet made any official statement. The disappearances of some key and minor personalities had not gone unnoticed though and calls had gone up only last week that Albus Dumbledore take charge and stamp out the nonsense like he did Grindelwald. But the headmaster had refused the position but I was still thankful that my former teacher was around to protect us if things go out of hand. He was after all the most powerful wizard I knew of.

We entered the house and we automatically began ‘spreading out’. He went right while I went left. Our wands were already drawn and I heard him stop and mutter, “Lumos.” The light glowed for the briefest moment it was extinguished. I then heard Kingsley retching.

“Kingsley.” I said softly.

“This is insane. Whoever did this cannot possibly be called a human. It can only be an insanely cruel and deranged person.” He answered, a cold fury punctuating his words.

At the words cruel and deranged only one name came to mind. The last I had seen of that person was the leaving feast in Hogwarts our final year and she had been threatening to find a way to purge the wizarding society of mudbloods and traitors. Some bad nights I would still see the demented expression of Bellatrix Black.

Suddenly all I wanted to do was get out of there and go home. My shift had ended before the call had come in anyway. If whatever had happened here had made Kingsley vomit, I was in no mood to see anything. He apparently had the same idea as he cast a spell to detect any living thing in the building. We both turned to live when the spell revealed nothing. I stepped out first turning to look at the other aurors.

From what I could see of their faces they were clearly shaken. I knew that tonight would be the end of the rumours. This was a confirmation that there was a dark wizard out there. And we had to face that darkness before it consumed the society.

I was stuffing my wand in my back pocket before I realised that a greenish glow had interrupted the darkness of the night and began looking for the source. Up was the fourth direction I looked in and then froze. There was an immense glowing skull in the sky, comprised of green sparks and a snake was coming out of the mouth.

“CONSTANT VIGILANCE!” A voice yelled from behind me, almost in my ear. My hand went for my wand as I began turning around, a curse escaping from my mouth. I felt the magic leave my hand going through the wand before I felt the tip stuck at the top of my pocket. Then there was only pain.

I had already turned a full circle and faced Auror Alastor Moody taking the opportunity to drill in me his insane view of life. I managed to see his face change to look surprised, even shocked before the pain and humiliation became too much. I realized I had just blown my buttocks away because of an idiot yelling in my ear as fear had flooded in me on seeing the skull and snake. Thankfully my vision began clouding as the ground came rushing up to meet me.

Feedback Please

Last edited by Mugglewizard; June 25th, 2009 at 9:50 am.
Old June 26th, 2009, 9:13 am
Fifth Year

A/N:
I had this Idea after I had already posted my entry for the Topic of How I lost My Buttocks. It is still in the same line as before but the style of narration has changed. I dont really know which would suit better. I would really appreciate any thought on that.

The Apprentice

The pain was there as soon as I opened my eyes. I tried to move but then I stopped to scream and swear profusely. That had been a wrong move. I finally managed to open my eyes and saw that I was at St Mungos. But why was I in Pain? Why hadn’t they given me some pain killing potion?

Then another distant memory came to me. I had heard Kelly’s voice as I drifted in and out of consciousness before. They couldn’t have put that vindictive witch in charge of me, could they? I could still remember her demented face promising a slow painful death for me the day we broke up. I shuddered despite the pain as I fervently prayed she was not my healer. But then maybe I was delirious and hadn’t heard her but just associated her voice with pain.

I finally managed to trace the source of my pain and I suddenly went cold despite being in a hospital. It was my right buttock that was aching but the only problem was I couldn’t feel anything but pain I the region. Had I lost my buttock? That couldn’t be possible. I then tried to remember why I was in the hospital which was a hard task thanks to the pain. But then it came back. I was out patrolling and the whelp… I thought angrily as it all came flooding in.

The young apprentice had just graduated from Hogwarts with O’s in Transfiguration and Defence Against the Dark Arts yet he behaved like an immature prat sometimes. His favourite was jumping out from behind people screaming just to see the fear in their faces. He had already gotten me twice before but I never expected it when we were in the field and especially not when there was a bloody war going on. The Ministry had finally accepted Grindelwald’s hand in Hitler’s war and had gotten involved in protecting the magical Britain. Out Mentor was currently in Berlin working on getting Grindelwald’s location. But since I was a senior apprentice I was assigned a junior who had been more than a pain in the neck.

We had been in charge of patrol on a small town south of London and constant rumours of attack on the environs of London had most of the civilians scared. Most of the population was muggle and we had to dress in muggle clothes and I had quite taken to the trousers and shirts. I had even found a way of storing the wand in the back pocket that permitted a quick draw and was advocating for it to be placed in the auror training curriculum. But when the prat had jumped out on me in that alley I had gone for the wand and yelled a curse before I had completely pulled out the wand.

Tears suddenly rolled down my face more out of humiliation than pain. I would never live this down and nicknames like the bottomless auror came to mind. If I would still become an auror. As for my wand in the back pocket style, I knew would become a wand safety feature rather than a proper training on it. But Kelly and I had something in common. Something that had brought us together. After all we were true Slytherins, vindictive to the end. We always got back.

I swore to myself as I mercifully began losing consciousness, I would make Alastor Moody look over his shoulder for the rest of his life expecting me every time.

A/N
I added the Alastor Moody after people in LAS liked his inclusion in the story especially BublGumPnkHar.

I am still not a huge fan of first person stories and as a rule tend to avoid them but somehow or the other (Maybe because of the topic itself) i keep getting stuck with the 'I' Stories

Feedback Please

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts