Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Could Trevor be a Death Eater?

Old September 10th, 2006, 11:52 am
Second Year

Could Trevor be a Death Eater?

Well Neville seems to lose him in the first book and finds him later. Could Trevor be a death eater?

Old September 10th, 2006, 12:15 pm
First Year

Re: Could Trevor be a death eater?

if he's a death eater he's probrably an animagus, which probrably is umbridge. But that seems to obvious. I don't know it's possible but are there any more signs he could be?
Do you mean he's disappearing to pass on information? Not a bad thought.

Old September 10th, 2006, 12:22 pm
Second Year

Yeah he's disappearing to pass information to Dumbledore because Neville was also part of the Prophecy. Probably Neville's grandmother owned Trevor and gave it to Neville because she could have been a former death eater and wanted Neville to join her footsteps.

Old September 10th, 2006, 3:45 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru0001
Yeah he's disappearing to pass information to Dumbledore because Neville was also part of the Prophecy. Probably Neville's grandmother owned Trevor and gave it to Neville because she could have been a former death eater and wanted Neville to join her footsteps.
Are you saying Neville's grandma wants Neville to be a Death Eater?

I am extremely sorry but if that's what you mean, then I don't buy it at all. Why would Neville's grandma want Neville to be a DE when her own son and daughter in law were tortured by a DE?

Old September 10th, 2006, 3:49 pm
Second Year

I think Trevor is a regular toad. Rowling already made one pet an animagus, I really don't think she'd do it again. I mean, it's not outside the realm of possibility, but I seriously doubt it.

Old September 10th, 2006, 4:29 pm
Second Year

Quote:
I'm sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever.

I think that Trevor is just a toad, and toads hop for freedom. Just because Nevile can't hold on to his toad doesn't mean he's a death eater.

Old September 10th, 2006, 5:53 pm
Second Year

Re: Could Trevor be a Death Eater?

I think we've already seen enough of the I-didn't-know-you-were-an-animagus storyline. Lets see: Peter, who was a pet, Sirius, (which would also mean James by entention), and Rita Skeeter. I think that's enough of that plot line for one story.

I think him always losing Trevor is a way for us to see how forgetful Neville is. It gives us a look into his character.

Old September 10th, 2006, 6:05 pm
Sixth Year

Very interesting idea. If the Death Eaters weren't sure which boy was The One, they could place a DE animagus in Neville's house. Trevor is regularly desappearing, to contact another DEs. It makes sense.

There is nothing wrong in being ambitious.
Old September 11th, 2006, 7:24 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Don't you mean info to Voldy? Why would a DE (except Snape) give info to Albus?

And I thought Trevor was a gift from Uncle Algie?

Old September 11th, 2006, 7:37 am
Second Year

trevor - a DE ????
not possible.

Old September 11th, 2006, 8:38 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessCharmMaster
Very interesting idea. If the Death Eaters weren't sure which boy was The One, they could place a DE animagus in Neville's house. Trevor is regularly desappearing, to contact another DEs. It makes sense.
So that's what all that croaking is about? *smacks forehead* I thought it was just going to rain!

But I doubt that Neville's Gran wants her only grandson to become a DE, especially after JKR wrote a sketch for the Queen's birthday last summer, comparing the Queen's royal handbag to Gran's big red pocketbook.

Gran may be fussy, but she's on the good side - which I for one, have always believed.

"It may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair."
~ Severus Snape, OotP movie

Severus Snape ~ Bloomsbury Books Favorite HP Character

Severmore ~ NEW Harry Potter Network ~ LJ Dungeon
Old September 11th, 2006, 12:46 pm
Second Year

trevor's not a DE as far as i believe.
trevor was given to him by his uncle.
this can mean that this uncle wanted to place a DE, maybe he had differences with neville's parents and he may be behind their deaths.

wait . . did i just put forward a theory ??

Old September 11th, 2006, 5:14 pm
Sixth Year

Unfortunately, I think that this plot point has been used enough times. It's already happened once with Ron, so if it happened to Neville, nothing much would come out of it.

Also, Neville's grandmother has always been outspoken as to her position on the good side. Her son and daughter-in-law were tortured into insanity by Death Eaters--I don't think she'd be in support of them.

"No trial, no error, no ability to conceptualize. Perfection would make us obsolete. Many magnificent things have been, and will continue to come into existence. And yet every last one of them will fall short of perfection's finish. Our function as men of science relies on their many shortcomings. Then, and only then, can we apply the fruits of our labor."--Mayuri Kurotsuchi, Bleach
Old September 11th, 2006, 8:47 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver ink pot
So that's what all that croaking is about? *smacks forehead* I thought it was just going to rain!

But I doubt that Neville's Gran wants her only grandson to become a DE, especially after JKR wrote a sketch for the Queen's birthday last summer, comparing the Queen's royal handbag to Gran's big red pocketbook.
Oops... SIP, you've just crashed my theory that Snape was spying on Neville's family using the Gran's clothes. But Lupin did blow his cover showing Neville how he looked in her hat, that's why Snape was so furious.

Well.

There is nothing wrong in being ambitious.
Old September 11th, 2006, 10:21 pm
First Year

Trevor is a toad.

"He managed to make a fly zoom straight into his hand, though he wasn't entirely sure that was his prowess at summoning charms- perhaps the fly was just stupid." -Harry in GOF
Old September 11th, 2006, 10:41 pm
Fourth Year

You have no idea what came into my head when I read the title of this thread.....

I can just see and evil toad.....with a little minature cloak and hood and a miniature mask (awww....actually, that's kind of cute, in a weird way...), and it's chasing Neville around the Gryffindor common room....with it's menacing croaking powers of DOOM!

In all seriousness though...I doubt it. I won't rule it out, cuz weirder things have happened but....I doubt it.

edit: wow, I just realized that seemed a bit rude. It wasn't supposed to be, for the record...thats actually what I thought of. I'm not trying to brutally shoot down your theory or anything....

Old September 11th, 2006, 11:22 pm
Second Year

I believe that Trevor is a toad. I mean, seriously, this animagus plot has already been twice (as was already mentioned) and I think that J.K Rowling is too smart than to just put something in "just because all the cool pets/evil writers are doing it" sorry couldn't resist. But still, in all seriousness, I think that Trevor did not really dissapear in the books that he was not mentioned in, but rather because Neville did not play a large role in those certain books, it is very unlikely that his frog would too.

And we must all remember his finest moments .. erm, well getting lost about 20 times a year . That's about it I guess..

And yes, indeed she will...
Dance The Night Away..
Old September 12th, 2006, 12:15 am
Second Year

I believe that Trevor is a normal toad. There is nothing strange or sinister about him. And he is most certainly not a death eater. JKR has had a pet rat turn animagus plotline before. I do not think that she is going to use it again. As for Trevor's frequent attempts to escape...they are quite normal and JKR includes them just for fun.

Old September 12th, 2006, 12:24 am
I trusted Severus Snape

But hardly any Death Eaters remained loyal when they thought Voldemort was defeated. Why would the toad stay on duty? Who would he report to, since Barty was the last loyal Death Eater (outside Azkaban) and he was imprisoned?

Old September 12th, 2006, 12:40 am
First Year

im not so much up for the thought of him being a death eater. but i am to the thought of him being a person, that makes loads a sense to me! i never thought about it until i read this.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives