Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Could Trevor be a Death Eater?

Old September 15th, 2006, 9:50 pm
Second Year

Re: Could Trevor be a Death Eater?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkwolf View Post
Poor Neville would have been eaten alive in Slytherin!
Not if he had his death eater toad there to protect him

Old September 15th, 2006, 11:00 pm
First Year

>Walks away smirking<

Disclaimer: This union, though it's extremely good intended is entirely fictional and it does not exist.

Fanfic Feedback link for - Through the Eyes of a Slytherinhttp://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=94603
Old September 15th, 2006, 11:02 pm
Second Year

Re: Could Trevor be a death eater?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicoangel View Post
I think Trevor is a regular toad. Rowling already made one pet an animagus, I really don't think she'd do it again. I mean, it's not outside the realm of possibility, but I seriously doubt it.
I agree, she wouldn't use the same idea twice. It just wouldn't make sense: not her style at all.

Old September 15th, 2006, 11:51 pm
Registered Animagus

Altho' IF Neville had been sorted into Slytherin, his toad might have stayed around more - their common room is probably a bit damp under the lake.

WHEN did Neville get his toad - was it because he was accepted to Hogwarts? IF so, then it's even more doubtful that he's a planted DE.

Old October 3rd, 2006, 10:07 pm
Second Year

Well (and how about this for an extremely off the wall theory..)
WHAT IF Voldemort had recruited Trevor to be the Death Eater leader ... FOR TOADS! there must be a whole army of little toads, all parading around in little cloaks and whipping people to death with thier extendable tongues.

That must be what it is ..

And yes, indeed she will...
Dance The Night Away..
Old October 4th, 2006, 4:34 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotsiepots View Post
Lord Voldemort must be getting pretty desperate if he's recruiting toads ...
If people learn nothing else in the middle of a fight like the wizarding world is experiencing its: NEVER underestimate your opponent. Voldemort underestimated lovve and Harry, while others have done the same with Pettigrews deeds and potential. For all we know Trevor could be hatching a basilisk underestimate that

Old October 4th, 2006, 7:22 pm
First Year

Unbridge is frequently referred to as toad like, but that is not enough to make the jump that she is Trevor (presumably a male toad). Nor do we have any other clues that other wizards are Trevor. Nor has Harry ever looked a the Marauder's Map and said "Who is that with Neville?"

Give it up. Trevor is a toad that has a penchant for hopping away.

Old October 4th, 2006, 10:05 pm
I trusted Severus Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins_Door View Post
Nor has Harry ever looked a the Marauder's Map and said "Who is that with Neville?"
It's quite possible that Trevor is his real name.

Old October 10th, 2006, 5:28 am
Third Year

Clearly,even if Trevor were a Deatheater, there would be no more reason to suspect Neville's Grandmother than to suspect the Weasleys about Scabbers.

If Trevor were Umbridge I think she would have had much more inside information on what Harry & Co. were upto do to her access.

It only makes sense that the Deatheaters would plant a spy on Neville if they had reason to think he was the CHosen One. But is there any evidence that Voldemort shared what he knew of the Prophecy with anyone? I would not think he would advertise any suggestion that even his potential defeat had been prophesized.

It is certainly like JKR to plant an item in the story early on, and wait a long time to reveal its true significance. Perhaps, if another deatheater seems overuse, Trevor might be there to protect him from Deatheaters. Dumbledore has not read the book, so he might have to play things more conservatively. but one would think he could do it with less of a cost in and to manpower. And if Neveille needed a bodyguard, why wait (apparently) till he is old enough for Hogwarts, where Dumbledore could protect him more easily?

I think we need some evidence of someone knowing more about Neville's goings on, and perhaps about what happens in the dormitory, than they should, to really give this theoy some support. Perhaps someone has some examples in mind?

Old December 29th, 2006, 3:20 am
Fourth Year

Trevor is a horcrux and/or a previous pet of Voldemort/ or somehow connected to Salazar Slytherin. The idea that Trevor is a DE is not so far out, but I tend to agree with others that this is unlikely because Trevor would have to be some sort of Animangus or so.

Reasons this is possible:

-Dumbledore discussed in length the possiblity of a horcrux being in an animal. This is usually a hint. The only liking already introduced character this could be is Trevor.

-In interviews JKR discribes Trevor as 'Still Lurking' it just sounds as if he is evil.

-In PS/SS Trevor is missing (running away) the night Voldemort returns. Ironically, he is found lurking in the bathrooms, (where a significant portion of COS takes place). I believe that this is one of those clues JKR left for us.

I have also heard the theory that Trevor hatched the monster in COS. I just feel like he plays a more important role, I think he has a storyline.

Old December 29th, 2006, 4:39 am
Second Year

Maybe Trevor will get eaten by Lord V's snake and poison it.

Old December 29th, 2006, 6:21 am
Fourth Year

Maybe you got this idea because of what happened to Scabbers... You know Trevor did catch my attention after i knew about Scabbers... I mean he always gets lost and stuff, it made me a little uneasy about having him inside the common room and all... But i doubt if he is a death eater because we know where he got it from, from his uncle the only thing there is where did his uncle get it from. Even Scabbers wasnt mentioned where Percy got him.

Trevor may be a little bit strange, but i got feeling that he is just a normal toad with an owner who lost him always. you know animals... :P

In short AIBOAHACF... Ehehehe...
Old December 29th, 2006, 6:31 am
Snape Lover

lol, I think Trevor got away on the train to help free his chocolate frog cousins from the sweet trolley.
ooo, but vultures are omens of death, and both Neville's gram and drag!Snape had that hat on....and both she and Snape seem to have a dislike of Herbology...hmm...what striking parallels!
*take cover Sprout**fire the Mandrakes at will*

Old December 29th, 2006, 7:33 am
First Year

TREVOR can not be a Death Eater.

Remember the Graveyard in GoF. When Voldemort calls his DEs to him. Forgive me... but i failed to spot a toad there

OK serious now... Well i don't think it is possible, considering the Book 4. But i might be wrong...

Thrust into light, he saw Hagrid, plastered with crimson rosettes – ‘Yeh beat ‘em, Harry, yeh beat ‘em! Wait till I tell Buckbeak!’ There was Percy, jumping up and down like a maniac, all dignity forgotten. Professor McGonagall was sobbing harder even than Wood, wiping her eyes with an enormous Gryffindor flag; and there, fighting their way towards Harry, were Ron and Hermione. Words failed them. They simply beamed, as Harry was borne towards the stands, where Dumbledore stood waiting with the enormous Quidditch Cup.

If only there had been a dementor around … As a sobbing Wood passed Harry the Cup, as he lifted it into the air, Harry felt he could have produced the world’s best Patronus.
Old December 29th, 2006, 1:38 pm
Third Year

If Trevor is pretending to be something that hes not, he'd probably be an Animagus. Or he just doesnt like Neville

It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo...The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end... Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why... Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something...there's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for.
--Samwise the Brave

If you think nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door.

Better to keep your mouth shut and look like an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Old December 31st, 2006, 6:30 pm
Third Year

I highly doubt it, two pets are Death Eaters? That's just a bit too much.

Old December 31st, 2006, 7:00 pm
Fifth Year

If Trevor was a death eater, wouldn't Neville have noticed his tiny little Dark Mark by now?...

But seriously, Crookshanks would have spotted him ages ago.

Old December 31st, 2006, 7:45 pm
Sixth Year

It's definitely a possible theory as far as the fictional side goes, but I don't think that Jo would re-use the Scabbers subplot. I think it's quite likely that there's something more to Trevor, the amount of times he's mentioned, but having him be an animagus and a Death Eater would be a pretty weak payoff.

Old December 31st, 2006, 9:00 pm
Third Year

you could think that...but its too much like the whole scabbers being peter thing. i dont think jkr would do that twice.

PRINCESS OF THE DA

*proud slytherin*

www.dumbledoresarmyda.org

You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.
Mohandas Gandhi
Old December 31st, 2006, 9:03 pm
First Year

yeah
Is it possible he is a member of the order??
Like a secret protector for Harry and Neville?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives