Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

New Head Students

Old December 11th, 2006, 1:40 am
Second Year

New Head Students

No spoilers allowed in these areas. Please make sure you've read our Deathly Hallows Conduct Notice!

based on what is shown of them in the Book...
who among the students in Harry's Year would be made prefect assuming Hogwarts reopens...
Can it be one or two from the Prefects?
Can it be an ordinary student?"

Are Head Students, two from each HOuse? or Two students for the whole school?
Can non-prefects be selected?

Harry (during DD's time was not made prefect because DD protects him, and he has lot of more things to do)
Can he be a Head Boy now that McGonagall's Headmistress?

Who could it be?
Post your views....

Last edited by gertiekeddle; July 23rd, 2007 at 8:05 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2006, 2:07 am
Second Year

Re: New Head Students

Who among the students in Harry's Year would be made prefect assuming Hogwarts reopens?
It depends on who is picked. Most of the students that were prefects during 5th year were prefects during 6th year. Of course, there are exceptions. Draco Malfoy for exmaple. He was stripped of his post in Half Blood Prince.

Can it be one or two from the Prefects?
In most cases, Head boy and girl are previous prefects

Can it be an ordinary student?
Yes, on rare occassion, students who were not prefects are appointed asa HEad. A prime exmaple of this is James Potter. He was never a prefect. But he was instated as Head Boy during his final year at Hogwarts.

Are Head Students, two from each House? or Two students for the whole school?
Depends. who ever is picked. It can be either or. Probability stakes that there is more of a chance that the heads will be from two different houses. But, sometimes the HEads are from the same house. Example: James Potter nad Lily Evans [at the time]. They were botuh appointed as Heads despite the fact that they were in the same house .

Can Harry be a Head Boy now that McGonagall's Headmistress?
First of all, we do not even know if McGonagall is going to be the Headmistress. She is the favorite, but J.K. Rowling has a nack for surprising us, so don't count on McGonagall being headmistress yet. Also, I not think that Dumbeldore did not make Harry a prefect to protect him. How could making someone a prefect put them in a state of danger? It's more of an honor, actually. I think Dumbeldore did not make Harry a prefect because he had to much to deal with already. Dumbeldore knew about Horcruxes, or at least had theories, and decided that, in Harry's later years in Hogwarts, being a prefect would take up too much valuable time Harry could be using otherwise.

Who could it be?
My guess is Ron and Hermione.

Old December 11th, 2006, 3:35 am
Seventh Year

I think the head are just Two from the entire school. Though more often then not a prefect becomes Head boy/ girl. We know that James was head boy but he was never a prefect.

Here is a thread discussing the prefect /head person systems Click

Dumbledore said exactly that , he didn’t make Harry a Prefect knowing he had too much to deal with. As far as who will be the head people at Hogwarts it really depends if.
Who from the year will be Head boy or girl. I would defiantly think Hermione if she attendant. I think Neville might become Head boy or that Prefect boy from Hufflepuff.

Old December 11th, 2006, 4:10 am
Fourth Year

I believ that Ron and Hermione will be made prefects,if they go to Howarts.I asssume the new Gryffindor prefects will be Colin Creevey and Ginny Weasley.

Wand-15",Gaboon Ebony,Bloodwood,& Lignum Vitae,Rigid,Phoenix Ash & Phoenix Tear Core

Broomstick-Scarlet Phoenix

Animagus-African Lion

Patronus-Red Dragon

Durmstrang Institute of Magical Inquiry-Dracheseith House:Powerful,Wise,Crazy,and,Secretive

Magical Pets-Pursequor and Gaudium

I,Erus Omnipotens,The Shadow Lord,Am The Next Great And Powerful Wizard Of All Time
Old December 11th, 2006, 4:25 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

My guess is Ernie McMillan for Head Boy (he's the Hufflepuff prefect in Harry's year, seems to be in all his NEWT classes, is friendly, and was in the DA, all reasons I think he is very suitable). And Hermione for Head Girl, unless the Trio really don;t go back to school in Book 7.

“Death is the only pure, beautiful conclusion of a great passion.”-D. H. Lawrence

All was well.

Avatar by nerwende, signature art by sigune, used with permission.
Old December 11th, 2006, 4:51 pm
Second Year

Two from the whole shcool, they will be: Hermione & someone else... Harry's too busy with Horcruxes! Also I doubt Ron is responsible enough, there is a possibility though...

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers
Old December 12th, 2006, 3:50 am
Third Year

I'm more inclinded to say Ron and Hermione will become Head boy and girl.
I do agree that Ginny could become the new prefect for Gryffindor, but I don't think Colin Creevey will get it.

Old December 12th, 2006, 12:47 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgirnius View Post
My guess is Ernie McMillan for Head Boy (he's the Hufflepuff prefect in Harry's year, seems to be in all his NEWT classes, is friendly, and was in the DA, all reasons I think he is very suitable). And Hermione for Head Girl, unless the Trio really don;t go back to school in Book 7.
-nod- I agree.

[size="1"][b][font="Georgia"][color="black"]"I don't think you should be an Auror, Harry," said Luna unexpectedly. Everybody looked at her. "The Aurors are part of the Rotfang Conspiracy, I thought everyone knew that. They're planning to bring down the Ministry of Magic from within using a combination of Dark Magic and gum disease."

Old December 12th, 2006, 1:15 pm
First Year

I think it will be Ernie and Hermione. And yes i think the trio will come back to Hogwarts. They and the rest of the order will work on defeating Voldemort and his death eaters by destroying the 4 remaining horcrux. But as they do this they will come back to Hogwarts in between their anti-voldemort work. As it will take time to plan and organize each step in the fight against him.

Old December 12th, 2006, 4:47 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione82 View Post
I'm more inclinded to say Ron and Hermione will become Head boy and girl.
I do agree that Ginny could become the new prefect for Gryffindor, but I don't think Colin Creevey will get it.
Prefect selection takes place in fifth year, not sixth year. Since Ginny didn't become one during HBP, she's never going to be a prefect.

Old December 13th, 2006, 2:42 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapeisntevil View Post
I think it will be Ernie and Hermione. And yes i think the trio will come back to Hogwarts. They and the rest of the order will work on defeating Voldemort and his death eaters by destroying the 4 remaining horcrux. But as they do this they will come back to Hogwarts in between their anti-voldemort work. As it will take time to plan and organize each step in the fight against him.
I agree. at first I thought it would be Harry and Hermonie, but now that I think about it it makes sense that Harry would be a little too busy, although I still think its a possiblity.

Old December 13th, 2006, 3:07 am
First Year

Head Girl- Definently Hermione, unless they actually don't come back to Hogwarts.
Head Boy- This one gets a bit hard. Although I would love more than anything for Ron to become Head Boy, I'm not %100 postive about that.

Ron and Hermione forever.

R.I.P Dumbledore, Sirius, and Moe.

^ I agree.

I found my profile at photbucket.
Old December 13th, 2006, 3:08 am
Second Year

I hope that Harry gets it because it would mkae him that much more like his father. I like in the books when Harry mirrors his father because thats the only way we get to meet James Potter really. PLus i think that it jsut mkaes for a good story.

Old December 13th, 2006, 5:32 am
Fourth Year

I think that if Harry goes back to Hogwarts he will definately become head boy, because he then has a lot more control over the school, and access pretty much wherever he wants. ALso, if Mcgonngal does become head, I can see her choosing him. If Hogwarts does re-open and Harry doesn't go back, I think the most possible candidates would be Neville maybe, but I don't think Hogwarts will reopen without Harry going back. IF the trio does go back, HErmione will be Head Girl, and Ron will remain a prefect.

Old February 23rd, 2007, 1:13 am
Third Year

I don't think they will be coming back to Hogwarts in Deathly Hallows. So much has to go on, and well, studying seems a little less important at the moment...

Old February 23rd, 2007, 2:50 pm
Sixth Year

Hermoine might not come backbut that doesn't mean she won't get the Owl with the badge. Ernie will be probably be the other one. It would be interesting if Patty Park got it though.

Or wait, it has to be a boy. Ernie it is.

Old February 23rd, 2007, 3:03 pm
Purveyor of Prophesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonna View Post
Prefect selection takes place in fifth year, not sixth year. Since Ginny didn't become one during HBP, she's never going to be a prefect.
I don't think it is carved in stone when a student is selected as Prefect. To simply bar them because they did not earn the position as a Fifth Year, leaves them with a lot less to aspire to. This would make it sound more like a Caste System. Once you are in a particular caste (peasant, blue-collar, afluent, aristocracy) you can never move beyond that. That does not sound like the ideals of learning. A school would not want to have goals squashed just because you are passed over one year. That is paramount to being passed over for promotion once, meaning you are doomed to remain a peeon for the remainder of your career.

When faced with a choice between two evils, I always choose the one I have never tried before.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 3:16 pm
Sixth Year

Or wait, it has to be a boy. Ernie it is.

Old February 23rd, 2007, 3:19 pm
Third Year

I vote with whoever first said Hermione and Ernie McMillan.

And I think Ginny is too "Fred and Georgeish" to even want to be prefect.

Frankly, I'm surprised James Potter was ever Head Boy--he didn't seem like the type either. (I know canon says he was, I just find it inconsistent with his character and kind of a slap in the face to Remus Lupin.)

Old February 23rd, 2007, 3:34 pm
Seventh Year

There will be a lot of students that won`t return to Hogwarts for the next year. If a prefect wouldn`t return there will be another student from sixth grade that would get the badge I think, also if she or he wasn`t prefect in fifth grade. I can see Hermione as head girl and a boy from Ravenclaw as head boy because its time for the Ravenclaws and a chance to get informations about the item of Ravenclaw.

Percy wouldn`t recognise a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby`s tea-cosy.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies