Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

New Head Students

Old February 23rd, 2007, 3:44 pm
Sixth Year

Re: New Head Students

Ginny might become Head Girl in her last year, but she missed her chance at prefectship. And I'd like to point that for all we know, Colin Creevey is already a prefect.

Old February 23rd, 2007, 6:39 pm
Purveyor of Prophesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor_Gestahl View Post
Ginny might become Head Girl in her last year, but she missed her chance at prefectship. And I'd like to point that for all we know, Colin Creevey is already a prefect.
I do not recall, is Ginny on the Quidditch Team? If so, and she becomes Captain, then that would put her with the same privilages as a Prefect, and perhaps in contention for Head Girl.

When faced with a choice between two evils, I always choose the one I have never tried before.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 6:42 pm
First Year

If the trio goes back to Hogwarts, I can see Hermione becoming headgirl. Headboy is another matter, I can see Ernie getting it because he is so pompous and tries to live up to his badge, but i can also see McGonagall giving the position to Harry. She doesn't know about the Horcruxes, so I can see her giving the position to Harry, not knowing how much other stuff he has to deal with. But I really don't know if I can see Harry accepting the badge.

If the trio does not go back to Hogwarts [which I think will not happen, but that is an entirely different tread] then I can see Hermione getting the letter with the badge, but writing back saying she will not be returning to Hogwarts. I would say the Ravenclaw prefect, Padma Patil would become headgirl, but I remember it saying in HBP that the Patil twins father wanted to withdraw them from Hogwarts so it's a pretty safe guess that they will not be back at Hogwarts for thier 7th year. I also would suggest the Hufflepuff prefect, Hannah Abbott, but I also remember her being pull out of class and told that the dark mark had been set over her house so I don't know if she'll be back. So I have no idea who the new Headgirl would be if Hermione wasn't it. Then either Ernie will get the badge and become headboy, or either Harry will get it and do the same thing Hermione did.

Something we also need to keep in mind: Ron's reaction if Harry got headboy over him. Ron was always overshadowed by Harry and his prefectship was something that Ron had and Harry didn't.

Oh and I cannot see Ginny ever wanting to be a prefect. She's way to much like Fred and George.

"Give her hell from us, Peeves."
Gred and Forge Weasley.

The best/worst day of my life:
Saturday July 21, 2007
Old February 23rd, 2007, 8:59 pm
Seventh Year

I can`t see McGonagall giving Harry the position. She is the new Headmaster I think and has Dumbledore`s portrait for her support with that decision. Dumbledore wouldn`t share his reasons but he would make clear that Harry can`t get the badge. And McGonagall will trust him how she did before.

Percy wouldn`t recognise a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby`s tea-cosy.
Old February 24th, 2007, 3:05 am
Purveyor of Prophesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annett View Post
I can`t see McGonagall giving Harry the position. She is the new Headmaster I think and has Dumbledore`s portrait for her support with that decision. Dumbledore wouldn`t share his reasons but he would make clear that Harry can`t get the badge. And McGonagall will trust him how she did before.
Ah, but it is not clear that McGonnagal will be the new Headmistress. At this point she is only Acting Headmistress, until the Board of Governors appoints an official replacement. It could be that the new Headmaster/mistress is someone else, who was not in close confidence with Dumbledore, did not see him as anything more than a fool, or outright disrespected him, and therefore will have little to do with his portrait.

When faced with a choice between two evils, I always choose the one I have never tried before.
Old February 24th, 2007, 4:00 am
Second Year

Before the whole HBP stunt, I thought it would be Hermione and Malfoy- they were the top two people in the grade- but that obviously can't happen. I can definately see it going to Ernie from Hufflepuff.

Quote:
Dumbledore`s portrait for her support with that decision. Dumbledore wouldn`t share his reasons but he would make clear that Harry can`t get the badge. And McGonagall will trust him how she did before.
I think it's said somewhere that the portraits don't bring their memories of their lives with them, but it is just a personality. And they start over with the whole memory thing when they become portraits.

"There's no need to call me 'sir,' Professor."
Old February 24th, 2007, 4:17 am
Purveyor of Prophesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swch View Post
I think it's said somewhere that the portraits don't bring their memories of their lives with them, but it is just a personality. And they start over with the whole memory thing when they become portraits.
I am not sure that is so. The former headmasters and headmistresses are bound by honor to assist the current headmaster, and that would mean they would offer their experience as headmaster/mistress.

Phineas Nigellis said more than once "...when I was running this school...", which would indicate he draws upon his experiences as headmaster.

Old February 24th, 2007, 7:14 am
Sixth Year

Yeah but he doesn't know when to shut up. I think Albus will think it is no longer his responsabilty and leave it the decision to whoever is in charge next. Jk Rowling said Ron made so little use of his position as a prefect that he didn't know he could take points so it defintally won't be him. But now I think about it, Ernie thought so as well. The trio might come back too Hogwards but I think that Hermoine will definitally send back the badge. So I think it's the Ravenclaw Boy and Patty Park.

Old February 24th, 2007, 3:49 pm
First Year

Maybe it is too obvious to happen, but I would go for Harry and Hermione.

But anyway please not Ron 'least interesting of the Weasleys' Weasley.

Old February 24th, 2007, 3:59 pm
Second Year

I can definately see Harry getting the position. It seems exactly the type of thing McGonagall would do, especially if it would get Harry back into school.

Harry probably will not want to go back to Hogwarts, he will be to wrapped up in Dumbledore's death and horcurx hunting. In my opinion, it would be the perfect thing to do, though Dumbledore's portrait may not approve...

<3
Old February 24th, 2007, 11:13 pm
Second Year

If the trio returns to Hogwarts, I'm 100% convinced that Harry and Hermione will get the badges. We don't have to argue about Hermione, and I think it's very unlikely that Harry will miss out again. Everyone but DD would have made Harry prefect and McGonagall knows that he deserves the position more than anyone else. He doesn't seem the most suitable, but he has done more for the school than anyone else. If McGonagall isn't made Headmistress, Harry will get it for sure because I don't see the new Headmaster choosing Ernie Macmillan when "the chosen one" is at Hogwarts. And noone would possible makde Ron the Head Boy.

Old February 24th, 2007, 11:26 pm
First Year

I really don't htink that Harry would get it even if he went back to Hogwarts. I mean, remember what Dumbledore said at the end of OotP? He said that he didn't make Harry a prefect becasue he had enough to worry about or something to that idea. Harry has even more stuff going on now. Plus, I really believe he won't be going back to Hogwarts.

Old February 26th, 2007, 10:02 am
Seventh Year

The most of us are convinced that Hermione will get the badge. But I can`t see Harry with this too, sorry. There is another reason for that. If Harry and Hermione will get the badges, there are two Gryffindors headgirl and boy. But this goes against the school united thing. Therefore there will be students from different houses, I think. And if Harry and Hermione will get the badges, this leaves Ron battling against the attention both get. It would be a step back.

Percy wouldn`t recognise a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby`s tea-cosy.
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:35 am
Sixth Year

Ron might get it. I think Dumbledore's portrait won't intervere but McGonagall will respect his decision all the same. Ron and Hermoinehave done more for the school then anyone else save Harry.

Old February 26th, 2007, 10:48 am
Seventh Year

But Ron isn`t a leader. He wasn`t interested in the prefect job very much, he did not know the rules right. Hermione was the one who did all the things a prefect has to do. And I think saving Harry doesn`t qualify someone for the head boy, but for the job as the best friend.

Old February 27th, 2007, 1:14 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgirnius View Post
My guess is Ernie McMillan for Head Boy (he's the Hufflepuff prefect in Harry's year, seems to be in all his NEWT classes, is friendly, and was in the DA, all reasons I think he is very suitable). And Hermione for Head Girl, unless the Trio really don;t go back to school in Book 7.
I think they'll go back, and I also think it'll be Ernie and Hermione.

Harry's going to be busy; even if McGonagall (or whoever the next headmaster will be) tried to make him one, he'd probably refuse. Using Hogwarts as a base is one thing; adding Head Boy duties on to everything else he'll be doing is another.

Ron...I just don't see it. I think he became prefect due to Dumbledore's trust in him, which is significant; however, other than that, what reasons are there to put him in ahead of Dean or Seamus? (Sorry, Neville) Maybe we're just not privy to enough day-to-day info about Dean and Seamus to see why they were passed over.

Ernie's a workhorse, and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. To me, at least, he's the obvious choice, especially considering Ron's less-than-stellar use of responsibilities as a prefect. I know he dreamed of being Head Boy, but he hasn't really been working at it.

Old February 27th, 2007, 1:19 am
First Year

Maybe, since his father is so high up in the ministry, Malfoy will become a head boy at Hogwarts. This could be very unlikely to happen, I know, but it sure is a possibility...

Old February 27th, 2007, 1:24 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonInferius View Post
Maybe, since his father is so high up in the ministry, Malfoy will become a head boy at Hogwarts. This could be very unlikely to happen, I know, but it sure is a possibility...
Of all the students at Hogwarts, I feel pretty good that Malfoy's one who isn't coming back. He participated in the Death Eater break-in and murder of Dumbledore. He's underground now like all the other outed Death Eaters.

Besides, McGonagall (again, I realize I'm assuming) wouldn't be swayed by Malfoy's money.

Old February 27th, 2007, 1:37 am
First Year

Oh jeez, I totally didn`t even consider that!
Yikes.

I really agree with everyone else on Ernie. It sounds logical, but Rowling is a creative woman... She might go with someone completely unconventional.

*Ravenclaw*
Old February 27th, 2007, 1:41 am
Fifth Year

I don't really think the trio is going to be going back to Hogwarts so I can't see Harry and Hermione getting it (though if they were, I think it'd be Hermione+someone from other house). I wouldn't be surprised if Neville was head boy, though() It seems like the kind of thing McGonnogal would do, plus it would show loads of character development on his part. Starting out as some forgettful boy, growing into a companion to Harry in OotP and then becoming head boy in DH.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies