Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts

30 Frogs and a Bloated Ego Later (You pick what happens)

Old December 31st, 2006, 5:35 pm
First Year

30 Frogs and a Bloated Ego Later (You pick what happens)

I had this crazy idea, it's really crazy and I had to get it down. Basically, you choose what happens. Like you are part of it and chooses what happens, okay?

You're name is going to be Alexis.

30 Frogs and a Bloated Ego Later.... YOU pick what happens!

I'll post next time.

Thanks,
~Tess~

Norberta

It's Over. Thanks for it all, Jo.

Post Deathly story...WARNING: Potter Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus (or Never Tickle a Sleeping Potter, for those of you that are a bit slack on your latin) Please check it out! and if you could spare a sec, make my day too with feedback!

THANK YOU, COS!
Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2006, 5:40 pm
First Year

Re: 30 Frogs and a Bloated Ego Later (You pick what happens)

Post One:
Dare!

A/N: Hiya! I got this crazy idea and had to write it down. In this story, you make it yourself. Impossible you say? Read section and at the very end there will be two or three choices to chose from. Pick wisely!

PS, your character (you)’s name in the story is Alexis.

“30 chocolate frogs! Take it or leave it!”

Lily Evans laughed, “You never back down to a dare, do you, Lex?”

“About right,” You (Lex) said absentmindedly, “Because if I did, it will hurt my bloated ego and I’ll blow up into a million pieces.”

“We don’t want that,” agreed Madison, laughing. You and your best friends, Lily Evans and Madison Gregory were playing truth or dare in the Gryffindor Common Room at 12:00 and were betting on to see if there was a dare that you would not do.

“30 frogs?”

“It’s a deal!”

Lily thought for a moment, looking truly stumped, “Alright, Mad. We have to think a dare that even the mighty-one cannot fulfill.”

Madison nodded in deep thought, “Maybe Lex could eat worms?”

Lily shook her head, “That was third year. Lex had a horrible stomachache after that one.”

You grin proudly; “Give up? Nothing I can’t and won’t do!”

Lily and Madison shake their heads, “I say… she has to go on a date!”

Lily nodded feverishly, “A date! With Potter!”

Madison shook her head and flashed a smirk at Lily; “Potter won’t go out with anyone if her name isn’t Lily-kins and you perfectly well know that,”

Lily rolled her eyes, “Don’t remind me. He’s already asked me 37 times to go to the Halloween Ball – and it’s not ever October!”

“You know, not all guys are annoying,” you state,

Lily nodded in mock thought, “Correct Alexis! Some are dead.”

“Oh, c’mon, Lils, you know you like him,” you chide.

“Yeah right! I mean; his eyes are brighter than he is! Him and his mate Sirius Black–”

“That’s it!” yelped Madison

“What’s it?”

“A date. With the all mighty Sirius Black that has an ego as big as our Lex’s. That’s your dare!”

You…

Never back down from a challenge (Read Post Two and skip 3)

Black?! (Read post three and skip 2
)

FEEDBACK in my siggy! THx!

Norberta

Post Deathly story...WARNING: Potter Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus (or Never Tickle a Sleeping Potter, for those of you that are a bit slack on your latin) Please check it out! and if you could spare a sec, make my day too with feedback!

THANK YOU, COS!
Old January 13th, 2007, 10:34 pm
First Year

Post Two:
Never Back Down From a Challenge

If you choose "Never Back Down From a Challenge" as what you wanted to do; read this post, and skip "the post entitled, Black?!".

A/N: Sorry that took kinda long, I’ll try to post sooner next time… Thanks to Lady_Padfoot for the feedback!

“A date. With the mighty Sirius Black that has an ego as big as our Lex’s. That’s your dare!”

Sirius Black. Insensitive brat/git/horror that’s decent to look at.

Black? Tame compared to worms!

“That’s it?! Fine by me! You can kiss your 30 frogs down the toilet!” you smirk.

Black is not biggie. He’s just a git that can’t tell up from down much less care about you.

“How about a slight twist?” asked Lily innocently?

You nod. What could be worst than a day of Black?

“Thirty days. Each day, you get a chocolate frog. And by then end, you have to snog him.”

What’s worse than a day of Black? Thirty days of Black, that’s what.

Mine as well do it. Chocolate can be very persuasive.

“Fine. This’ll be… entertaining.” You say, trying to sound confident.

“This’ll be fun,” smiled Madison.

Madison didn’t know how right… yet wrong she was…

Read post FOUR skip THREE

Post Three:
Black?!

If you choose "Black?!" as what you do, read this one and DON'T read the one right before this entitled, "Never Back Down From a Challenge," Confusing? Sorry....

“Black?!” you stammer

“Do I hear 30 chocolate frogs?” asked Lily naively

You groan, “But Black–”

“Ah, ah, ah! No butts!” said Madison who shaking with surpassed laughter.

What was this? This was cruel! But you aren’t going give into the pressure. Right? This was your pride; this was your 30 chocolate frogs!

What other choice did you have?

No way you, Alexis Elizabeth Rodriguez the great would back down.

Dare?

Heck, ya!

“You’re in for a wild ride,” you state finally.

Lily laughed, “Black and Lex sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!”

This was going to be a long week.

Read post 4 next, thanks!

Feedback (in ze link) would be amazing, and again, Lady_Padfoot, you rock! (BTW, I love your name)

~Tess~

Norberta

THANK YOU, COS!

Last edited by SeriousDogStar; January 17th, 2007 at 12:01 am.
Old January 15th, 2007, 9:05 pm
First Year

A/N: Thank you so, so much to the people who gave feedback:
Lady_Padfoot (You feedback every single time! THank you )
Hermy_05 (Thank you, and you rock!)
Hangookgurl5 (You also gave awesome feedback, thanks so much!)
JamesthePeach (Love the feedback, as well as your name, James and the Giant Peach is a classic!)

Feedback is in my siggy! Thanks again!

~Tess

Post Four:
Day One

Read this post if you read "Black?!" or "Never Back Down From a Challenge!"

“Go!” Lily and Madison whispered fiercely, trying and failing not to burst out laughing. It was the end of Transfiguration, and your friends want you to ask Black out.

You roll your eyes. Seriously – no Siriusly, could they be more unsupportive of you? I mean you have to kiss Sirius Black! They could at least say goodbye.

Keeping your head up, you walk up to Sirius, who is currently talking to his idiot-of-friends, the Marauders, a group of extremely popular and obnoxious boys. Are you nervous? Nah, Black is just an idiot that can’t tell up from down.

Right?

R-Right.

“Black.” You say, mustering all the be-good-to-Sirius you could. His friends, knowing that Sirius kisses an average of 15 girls per day, rolled their eyes and left, gathering up their books.

Sirius winks, the idiot, “I knew you would fall for my charms, I’m too brilliant and beautiful,”

Remember your pride, the bet – the chocolate frogs. You think

You force yourself to calm down, though still shooting daggers at Sirius. Putting on an innocent voice, you giggle, “You’re sooo handsome,”

Wincing as the words escape your lips, you go on noticing Sirius looking extremely please like always.

“I’ve always had a crush on you, but never had the courage to tell you,” you gush convincingly, batting your eyes.

Sirius doesn’t have a clue, “Yes my dear, what did you say your name was?” he asked seductively.

Forcing yourself not to slap his sly face you say, “Alexis, Alexis Rodriguez,”

“Well, Abby, would you do for a date with me – in this broom closet right here?”

This time, you snort loudly – you can’t help it! For god sake, he expected you to go snog him after he just called her by the wrong name?!

“Look, Black,” you say coldly, “I just want a date at Hogsmeade, okay, no snogging, no flirting, just a date. Do I make myself clear?”

You were disgusted. Sirius just used girls like a tissue and when he was finished, he threw them away.

Sirius however, didn’t notice a thing, voice slurred, “Hogsmeade sounds brilliant, but that broom closet –”

You feel rage well inside you. What was his problem?! Was this bet really worth it?! He was probably going to dump her in a week anyway, just like everyone girl.

Opening your mouth angrily, you say:

“You are a bullying toerag that doesn’t even deserve Moaning Myrtle!” (Post 5 and skip Post 6)

OR

“Hogsmeade would be fine. I’ll meet you there.” (Skip 5, read 6)

Norberta

THANK YOU, COS!

Last edited by SeriousDogStar; January 17th, 2007 at 12:03 am.
Old January 16th, 2007, 11:50 pm
First Year

A/N: Post is up! Enjoy!

Feedback is lovely!

Post Five:
A Slap to Remember

Read this post if you choose, “You are a bullying toerag that doesn’t even deserve Moaning Myrtle, Sirius Black", then after, skip the one below this entitled, "He's Sirius", unless you don't want to of course, . Thanks, sorry if this hurts your head, it's kinda confusing!! I'll stop rambling so you can read the post!!!

“You are a bullying toerag that doesn’t even deserve Moaning Myrtle, Sirius Black!”

You yell into the now empty Transfiguration Classroom. You know you’ll probably be late for your next class but you don’t care, - you’d rather give Black a piece of your lethal mind.

Even airheads like Sirius Black will hear you if you yell at them like that!

Sirius gaps at you, probably thinking something on the lines of ‘This must be a prank, no one can resist the beautiful Sirius Black!’

That’s what made you the maddest, how he thought of himself as King of the World. More like king of Sirius in Wonderland.

Sirius just ruffles his hair and leans in for a kiss, looking as handsome as a toad in a tux in your opinion.

I have never been more disgusted in my life. You think bitterly, even that time when that bird did his business on my head! You shudder at the thought.

Getting back to Sirius, you feel something explode inside of you. Rage wells you your very core and leaves you burning in anger. Everything about Sirius: the way he acts like some kind of gift to women, the way he has kissed just about every girl in Hogwarts or even the way he always looks so smug and superior. You hate it with every fiber of your body.

Raising your arm, you look angry. With a quick swipe, you slap his face, memorizing the red imprint on his gorgeous (did I say say gorgeous? Whoops, well i meant )complexion.

Sirius just stands dumbly, kissing face still in action, numb and surprised of your slap.

“Ms. Rodriguez! Mr. Black?!”

You have never seen Professor McGonagall’s lips so thin and white.

“Come with me,” she says, grimly, “I expected more you, Ms. Rodriguez! Hitting other students is not acceptable! I have never been more disappointed by a student in my life,”

You keep your head down and mouth shut. You do feel guilty, - yet good for finally slapping Sirius.

Great. Now look what I’ve gotten into now. I don’t think I can finish this bet after all. I mean Sirius Black is like a rat – more like a mouse on steroids actually. You can’t tame it. You can’t change it.
“And Mr. Black, trying to…” McGonagall paused looking paranoid, “Discomfort Ms. Rodriguez as you did when they don’t want to be… discomforted is also unacceptable,”

Even Sirius doesn’t make a quirky comment like usually. Him and his ego just took an extreme beating by yours truly.

“Detention. Tomorrow night, eight o’clock sharp, and don’t be late,”

You gasp but in the end, you knew it was coming, “Detention?! With… him?” You were sorely tempted to say ‘that monster’ instead of ‘him’ but figured, you didn’t want McGonagall to blow up.

McGonagall nodded curtly, “I hope you can fix your differences by then because I wouldn’t want to have you every Sunday for the rest of the year, would I?”

You let the information sink in. Detention. With bloody Sirius Black.

Those better be some damn good chocolates.

Read post 7 next, skip the one right below (post six)!!

Post Six:
He’s Sirius

Read this post if you choose "Hogsmeade would be fine. I’ll meet you there" and skip the one before this. I think you guys probably get the drill by now!! !!

“Hogsmeade would be fine. I’ll meet you there.”

You feel… basically, you feel (insert swear word of choice here).

Remember those bloody chocolates. And Ryan Pretasky, the famous (drool-worthy) singer is on the Chocolate Frog cards.
You slightly drift off for a moment thinking of Ryan.

“So… I’ll meet you at…?”

“Right, Ryan – I mean, Black.”

Black.

Black.

Sirius Black?

What happened to Ryan?

“Hello?” asks Sirius, winking at you; “You look a bit… dazed, want to warm up in that broom closet right over there?”

“No.” you say coldly, disgusted by him, “Just. Meet at Hogsmead, okay?”

Without waiting for a response, you race out of the classroom.

This is going to be some Thirty days. He’ll probably forget me anyways. He’s an idiot.
A small voice inside you calls your name.

Trust him. He’s just hurting. Badly. He’s serious. He’s Sirius.

You roll your eyes. Great, now my own voice is taking Sirius’s side. But in the back of your head, you think:

Maybe. After all, he’s Sirius.

!!! Read Post SEVEN next!!!!

Feedback link in siggy! I love my feedback pals: you know who you are! You guys make my day by rambling away (hey! That rhymes, sota… )

ya,
~Tess~

Norberta

THANK YOU, COS!

Last edited by SeriousDogStar; January 24th, 2007 at 10:34 pm.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 11:26 pm
First Year

Okay guys – mostly girls though, I’ve decided not to post two parts in each post (meaning each post will no longer contain two sections, just one). So look for ‘Post Eight: Detention’ next time! I’ll try to post soon!

Feedback dudes, always get a shout out so… you guys (you know who you are! )

I’ll stop jabbering now so you can read! I hope you like it! Feedback in siggy!Thanks!

~Tess~

Post Seven:
Caring

Read this as an continuation of 'Post Five, A Slap to Remember' and 'Post Six: He's Sirius'. I hope you get it by now, because I'm really starting to get tired of writing these everytime. I hope you like it!

“Lex, quit it, this is dumb!”

Lily looked deeply caring at you. She wanted you to drop the whole ‘Sirius Black 30 days thing’. She even offered to get you the 20 chocolate frogs for your birthday. What would you say to that? You were definitely leaning toward quitting.

It was currently lunch and you were in a lousy mood – not that anyone can blame you, right? A whole couple of hours with Sirius Black can drive any into a lousy mood.

“Hello, ladies”

You don’t even need to look up. Who else could it be?

“How is your lunch? Is it… spicy enough?”

You roll your eyes. “It was great until you showed up,” You look up to notice Sirius is linking arms with none other than Alyssa Rose, the biggest brat in the school. Alyssa had probably slept with every guy in the school.

“Hey, honey buns. How was your day?” Alyssa asked Sirius, winking. You snort. They were perfect for each other, dumb and dumber.

“It was wonderful,” Madison says, just to annoy Alyssa.

Alyssa shoots you a glare. “I wasn’t talking to you, Gregory,”

You lean forward as if to tell her a secret, “Well in that case,” you shoot a mock sympathetic look at Sirius, “Talk slowly and don’t use big words,”

You, Lily, and Madison try not to giggle and take off from lunch with Alyssa about to murder you. Lily laughs, "That was rich, Lex!"

Madison also opens her mouth to praise you when you hear your name being called.

“Rodriguez!” Called Sirius Black,

Could the git leave you alone? “What?!” you spin around angrily, ruining your good mood.

Sirius looks confused, “What have I done to make you hate me so much? I mean, you slap me, you insult my girlfriend – heck you insult me every chance you get!”

“Do you know why I dislike you, Sirius?” you start, “Because you think you’re the king of the world. You are a self-centered brat who only cares about using girls and being popular. Do you know how many hearts you break each day? How many people you enrage each day? How many people you make cry each day? But you never notice – you never care!” You take a deep breath and add, “And that is why I hate you, Sirius Black. You. Never. Care.”

In tears, you run off, leaving Sirius stunned. Lily and Madison send Sirius death glares, running after you.

Sirius just sighs. Deep down, he knew she was right and it hurt. It hurt a lot to know somebody noticed. It hurt to be insulted and have somebody realize you were no different than scum.

Why Sirius didn’t give up this girl, Alexis Rodriguez and walk away was a mystery. She was just a regular girl! But there was something different about her – she didn’t bow down or worship him. She made him think about his actions.

It was so different that… he thinks he’s starting to like it.

Read post eight!

A/N: It’s kind of repetitive. Sirius is stupid, Alexis yells. Blah. That my friends is why the detention scene is next…. Mahwah, I feel so evil!

Norberta

THANK YOU, COS!

Last edited by SeriousDogStar; January 24th, 2007 at 10:35 pm.
Old January 29th, 2007, 5:06 pm
First Year

I feel pretty bad about this post... Feedback makes the world go round! I hope it doesn't suck too bad!

~Tess

Post Eight:
Detention (Day Three)

“Professor Minnie!” you hear Sirius cry, “No magic?!” Your detention was to clean the trophy room with no magic. There were dozens upon dozens of trophies in that trophy room. You, however, didn’t think of it as that hard. What were a couple hours of scrubbing and ignoring Sirius Black?

Sirius however, probably didn’t want to get his pretty face dirty.

Professor McGonagall nodded curtly but you could see her lips twitch as if to smile.

Not meeting Sirius’s eyes, you scrub wildly and as fast as you can. You just want to get this over with. It feels like forever, squatting there scrubbing. You feel as if you’ve scrubbed enough trophies to last you through 10 lives.

You start your 29th trophy, the biggest trophy you have ever seen:

To Mr. P. J. Mirzen:
The future is in you debt,
I’m for sure your secrets are safe,
Secrets are nasty little buggers, wouldn’t you agree?
~ AD

You rack your head. Mirzen? You were a totally history buff, but you’ve never heard of PJ Mirzen.

“Alexis.”

You jump. You forgot he was here. But indeed, he was scrubbing away at a trophy.

Carefully he sets down his bucket of water and steps gently toward you, grey eyes penetrating you. Sirius squats down so he’s staring straight at you, his hair sagging down.

Sirius looks at his feet, and you notice him blushing every so slightly but decide it was a trick of light.

“Alexis… I –”

“Look, Black,” you say, not even meeting his hard eyes, “let’s just get this over with, okay? It’s bad enough I have to stay in the same room with you.”

Sirius looks directly at you. You can hear the pain in his voice as he says your name. “Alexis just please listen,” he pleads.

You drop your rag hesitantly and look at him. Something about him reminds you of a wounded puppy.

“I just want to tell that,” Sirius started looking unsure,” I didn’t mean to be such a git and date all those girls –”

“You didn’t mean to?! Oh, that’s rich!”

“Would you just let me finish?!”

“Go on, Black. What do want to say? ‘I didn’t mean to break all those hearts?! I didn’t mean to be the biggest idiot in the whole world?”

Sirius looked sad, “I thought you were better than that,”

You’re taken aback. What? How was this you’re problem now? How dare Sirius direct this to you? It was he that was the git.

Sirius looks at you with his grey eyes again. It was as if he was read your very soul, his grey eyes drilling through you.

“I just wanted to say I’m sorry, Alexis” he says quietly and drops something on the floor.

You hear the door close and something drop inside of you.

Slowly, you feel a tear slip down your face. What in the world was happening? Why was Sirius making you cry?

What started out as a bet for chocolate had turned into the most disastrous thing you have ever done. You felt so guilty calling him all those horrible names.

You throw the box onto the ground, angrily. Sirius was just toying with your heart. He didn’t care.

But he sounded so sincere.

Carefully, you pick up the box again, wondering if it was something dangerous. You open it to reveal the most beautiful necklace you’ve ever seen. You gasp, wondering why Sirius, you enemy would spend so much money on you.

Picking up the letter, you wipe your tears away.

Miss Rodriguez,
I hope you’re not crying because I don’t want to make you cry over a git like me. If you’ve gotten this, it means I’ve been an a**, like always. I know you think I’m a good for nothing toerag that has slept with just about every girl in the entire school. A jerk who enjoys making girls cry and breaking their hearts and hopes.

The truth is, I don’t enjoy snogging girls, I don’t enjoy being the thought of as a toerag and I definitely don’t enjoy breaking all those girl’s hearts. I despise it, Alexis. I want you to understand that I hate it all. It took some time, but I finally understood why I wish to snog all those girls if I hate it. I finally found out why. I do it to feel good about myself. I do it to feel wanted to feel loved and respected. You have no idea how good it feels to be wanted and cherished when you thought no one cared for you and I didn’t care who I was hurting to get there. I was too selfish and egotistical to notice and even care.

What I do – who I am - I am a git; I admit it.

At first, I thought all those girls love me! I thought I had found a cure to my ache for love that my parents never gave me! But I realize that they only love me for my looks, not me. Not Sirius Black the person, but Sirius Black the sex god. Truthfully, they don’t give a d*** about me. But I didn’t care – I felt appreciated. I know it’s wrong now – what I do, but I’m willing to change, if you just give me a chance.

I just want to tell you that I’m so sorry I hurt you. I’m so sorry I’ve been a git these years; so sorry to all those hearts I broke, so sorry for being so inconsiderate and selfish.

I’m so sorry, Alexis. I hope you can forgive and forget me.

Sincerely,
SB

That was sooo cheesy! Arg… I feel so bad about that….

Please take time to review – it doesn’t take that long but it means the world! Tell me how cheesy that was! Mr. Linky is in my siggy!

~ Tess

Norberta

THANK YOU, COS!
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts